Options

[The Legend of Zelda] New Zelda game releasing this year with Zelda as the main hero?!

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So what’s with everyone hating links barbarian look? I like it , looks different then the usual.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    The hair is majestic.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Rehab wrote: »
    The hair is majestic.

Like if Fabio was cast as Conan the barbarian.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I don't like the look, but I can't really put it into words why it looks bad to me. I liked pretty much all of Link's new looks in BOTW, so it's not just me saying "Change bad!." And it's the thing I'm least concerned about, since I'm going to assume that looks with and without the ponytail will be tied to different headpieces, and I already know that good looking clothes like the Champion's Tunic and the Hylian Hood are back since they're on the cover art.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So what’s with everyone hating links barbarian look? I like it , looks different then the usual.

I think it's fine, especially since I'm sure it's just an outfit like the already existing Barbarian set in BotW. I might be annoyed if you were forced to look like that the whole game but that's obviously not the case.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I still wonder if you can fuse more than two things together. I assume not for QA reasons (and certainly the arrows seemed to cancel out the leaf when he picked ice).

In the video, the fused Log Club was an option to fuse with a boulder, but it's unclear if fusing that would just replace the log with the boulder or make a new thing.

I hope it’s just replacing. Because that succeeds at the goal of keeping a weapon going as long as you like so long as you keep things to fuse with it.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I still wonder if you can fuse more than two things together. I assume not for QA reasons (and certainly the arrows seemed to cancel out the leaf when he picked ice).

In the video, the fused Log Club was an option to fuse with a boulder, but it's unclear if fusing that would just replace the log with the boulder or make a new thing.

I hope it’s just replacing. Because that succeeds at the goal of keeping a weapon going as long as you like so long as you keep things to fuse with it.
    Maybe I misunderstood the visual cues, but it looks like fusing more or less puts the second object on the end of the first. I’d wager trying to fuse a third item just replaces what’s stuck to the end of the base item. It would be cool if we could fuse multiple items to make a pitchfork/stick/hammer/fan of doom. Maybe the fuse ability will have a upgrade allowing for more combos or something.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Stick plus horse equals:
    0v3fa53dgna0.jpeg

yossarian_lives on

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Stick plus cat equals the strongest weapon in the game.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Stick plus cat equals the strongest weapon in the game.
    Incorrect, that would be the Franklinator. Which is stick plus badger.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Maybe I misunderstood the visual cues, but it looks like fusing more or less puts the second object on the end of the first. I’d wager trying to fuse a third item just replaces what’s stuck to the end of the base item. It would be cool if we could fuse multiple items to make a pitchfork/stick/hammer/fan of doom. Maybe the fuse ability will have a upgrade allowing for more combos or something.

Yea that’s what it looked like to me too. My main goal with the system is keeping weapons I like going so I’m totally down for just replacing and resetting durability.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Throw your fused weapon, grab a new stick, fuse. Problem solved. Hopefully we'll still have normal weapons? I want to fuse a stick to a claymore.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    And who knows, given what we saw with the arrows maybe you can combine some sorts of elemental type rocks/gems/crystal type items with regular weapons and add cool elemental effects.

That would really do the trick for keeping certain weapon styles you like while interacting with both the durability system and gathering.

And I would be extremely down for that.

• Options
    edited March 2023
    I am still hyped for meat arrows

(I seriously hope they put a lot of effort in here and didn't just do "these 10 materials all do this, these 6 all do this, etc".. I wanna try lots of different things and have them all be different :P Like, I want Bokoblin horn and Moblin horn to be different arrow effects :P)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Surely you can attach some bit of metal to an arrow so it gets affected by magnetic fields. Rewind to Thief and douse fires with a water jelly. Does a korok leaf on an arrow make the arrow project a fan effect as it flies?

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I know it would kill the Switch but I kinda want all 900 Koroks to be sat in the Deku Forest now. I mean, ya ha ha, you found them.

• Options
    I know it would kill the Switch but I kinda want all 900 Koroks to be sat in the Deku Forest now. I mean, ya ha ha, you found them.

Your reward the first time was the golden poo.

This time it actually melts your Switch.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Stick plus horse equals:
    0v3fa53dgna0.jpeg

does it come with coconuts?

• Options
    Pailryder wrote: »
    Stick plus horse equals:
    0v3fa53dgna0.jpeg

Nah, Hyrule is in a temperate zone.

• Options
    What if they were carried on a string by two african swallows?

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    What if they were carried on a string by two african swallows?

You can't have African Swallows without Africa.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    What if they were carried on a string by two Hylian swallows?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Stick plus horse equals:
    0v3fa53dgna0.jpeg

Zelda could follow behind and sing about your exploits while clomping the coconuts. But that would require her to not be kidnapped at the beginning of the game or whatever.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    you all are the best!

so, when will we see something about the reason we are going up to sky islands? is it because one of them fell and almost killed terry town?!?

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    The menu issues in Botw were because it was supposed to be on Wiiu but they scrapped that functionality late in development. Im sure the menus this time will be less " this should be on a touch pad sorry"

BotW was on WiiU! That’s one of the 3 games I owned on it.

I'm kind of pissed that the WIIU won't get the sequel even though the original game was coded to run on it initially (and the engine seems not changed at all, just new assets and effects).

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    bwanie wrote: »
    The menu issues in Botw were because it was supposed to be on Wiiu but they scrapped that functionality late in development. Im sure the menus this time will be less " this should be on a touch pad sorry"

I'm kind of pissed that the WIIU won't get the sequel even though the original game was coded to run on it initially (and the engine seems not changed at all, just new assets and effects).

Are you also pissed that Star Fox 2 was released on the Switch, but also not the dead console it was originally designed for? Sure, the WiiU hasn't been dead as long as the SNES, but it is still very much dead.

But maybe you're right. They could have at least done an eShop release.

Oh wait ...

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I'm hoping since this one is developed solely for the Switch that performance will be better

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    bwanie wrote: »

Honestly I guarantee Wii U couldn't have run this thing. Yeah the original game was coded for Wii U, but it was also held back by that. This game was designed from the ground up for Switch. On the surface it doesn't look like it, but I suspect there's quite a few significant improvements under the hood. I mean, I was honestly amazed watching the gameplay video that this game was able to render all of the current geometry AND the sky islands simultaneously with no slowdown (there must be some master level culling going on). I don't think the original BotW could have done that. Then they fall off the sky island and you can basically see all of Hyrule while skydiving (I mean, not at full resolution but I feel it looked way more detailed than the far horizon in BotW ever did). They've been putting in the work.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    LJDouglasLJDouglas Registered User regular
    Stick plus horse equals:
    0v3fa53dgna0.jpeg

Zelda could follow behind and sing about your exploits while clomping the coconuts. But that would require her to not be kidnapped at the beginning of the game or whatever.

Maybe she could follow you around as a ghost again in this one, then she can make noises for you without needing to have any ability to actually do anything.

• Options
    LJDouglas wrote: »
    Stick plus horse equals:
    0v3fa53dgna0.jpeg

Maybe she could follow you around as a ghost again in this one, then she can make noises for you without needing to have any ability to actually do anything.

I want a game that begins with a fight with Ganon/Ganondorf. He's about to land a killing strike on Link, and Zelda casts a protective spell at the last second. It doesn't kill Link, but it separates his soul from his body. Ganon drags his alive but soulless body away, and Zelda goes on an adventure to save him, while his soul is her sidekick, like Navi or Midna. Bonus points if his soul is unable to speak, and he has to communicate strictly through pointing and pantomiming, with Zelda talking to him like a child trying to figure out what Lassie is trying to tell them.

• Options
  • Options
    Had a spare five minutes so I thought I’d bust out this idea I had years ago:

ugdo2iteidml.png
    ic8et4lzo1vn.png
    qbbd5ilxjsdr.png
    je8ydhekq68s.png
    7ofcyx12dcsq.png
    jwssnzn8yq2x.png
    jgy5begxn1g0.png

I just think the gag of having a house “improved” by the various cultures you rescue would be immense. Any group I haven’t included in the picture, just assume they’re doing the decour. I especially like the idea that the Gerudo add-on puts the adjacent room in total darkness, the Rito bit sways precariously in the wind and the Korok tree pushes the Sheikah wall inwards.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    So the one thing I am worried about is the fact that Hyrule will feel kind of the same after BotW. Kind of how Ragnarok felt the same as the one before it. We didn't really get new areas and everything felt familiar in the game (barring an area or two). Ragnarok was a great game but I think I enjoyed the first one more because of how much it broke the mold. Really hoping that BotW2 doesn't feel that way.

• Options
    I think it goes a little something like this:
    nig9uvap64sz.png

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    urrez5uiqncd.png

Not sure about the damage output, but the durability should be through the roof.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The improved version uses an n-gage.

• Options
    The improved version uses an n-gage.

And the N-Gage QD for its finally unlocked form.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Anyone looking for any of of the special TotK products? Been trying for my friends so I can try for PA as well.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Man, we really need better voice directors in America. The others guys were told to go berserk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ti0ggkWpwU&pp=ygUcdGVhcnMgb2Yga2luZ2RvbSBnYW5vbiB2b2ljZQ%3D%3D

• Options
      Man, we really need better voice directors in America. The others guys were told to go berserk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ti0ggkWpwU&pp=ygUcdGVhcnMgb2Yga2luZ2RvbSBnYW5vbiB2b2ljZQ%3D%3D

I feel like only the French and Japanese voices went hard. The others all felt in line with intensity. Could be the way the languages are spoken though.

Steam ID
      Twitch Page