Options

[The Legend of Zelda] New Zelda game releasing this year with Zelda as the main hero?!

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    I'm gonna spoiler this cuz it discusses things from the latest trailer and mostly speculation stuff, but it's based on something Zeltik mentioned in his analysis video:
    https://youtu.be/hRcQRwjVhP0
    So it's interesting. The Tears of the Kingdom correspond *exactly* to the Ocarina of Time medallion colors:

* Zelda has yellow - the Light medallion
    * Sidon has blue - the Water medallion
    * Tulin (Teba's son) has green - the Forest Medallion which was originally meant to br a Wind Medallion in early development which is why it shows a wind swirl and all the Ganon's Castle forest room is wind puzzles.
    * Riju has orange - the Spirit Medallion

And we don't have a Goron champion, but what's this? Ganondorf has red, the Fire Medallion? As Zeltik says, maaaaybe not a coincidence we didn't see Yunobo.

That said, that's not what I want to mention. We're missing one. Purple, the Shadow Medallion. This was Impa's in OoT so it stands to reason we might see this with a Shiekah? Hello, Paya playing an important role in the story plz? Come on Nintendo, you know you want to! (Impa is too old :3)

I'm calling it now. Also please tell me you guys didn't kill of Yunobo, I like him T_T

Edit: oh also there might be a seventh tear based on the number of magatamas on the mural thing they've shown (and the seven sages yada yada). If they are consistent they'll make it light blue :3

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    I mean, they showed a dungeon entrance in the 2019 t
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I'm gonna spoiler this cuz it discusses things from the latest trailer and mostly speculation stuff, but it's based on something Zeltik mentioned in his analysis video:
    So it's interesting. The Tears of the Kingdom correspond *exactly* to the Ocarina of Time medallion colors:

* Tulin (Teba's son) has green - the Forest Medallion which was originally meant to br a Wind Medallion in early development which is why it shows a wind swirl and all the Ganon's Castle forest room is wind puzzles.

And we don't have a Goron champion, but what's this? Ganondorf has red, the Fire Medallion? As Zeltik says, maaaaybe not a coincidence we didn't see Yunobo.

That said, that's not what I want to mention. We're missing one. Purple, the Shadow Medallion. This was Impa's in OoT so it stands to reason we might see this with a Shiekah? Hello, Paya playing an important role in the story plz? Come on Nintendo, you know you want to! (Impa is too old :3)

I'm calling it now. Also please tell me you guys didn't kill of Yunobo, I like him T_T

Edit: oh also there might be a seventh tear based on the number of magatamas on the mural thing they've shown (and the seven sages yada yada). If they are consistent they'll make it light blue :3

So, if you pause the trailer at the right time...
    You can see a Goron stone-smasher in the shot w/ Sidon/Tulin/Riju charging forward.

I think there's a reason they haven't shown that particular character so far.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    When he needed it most Daruk’s protection was not ready…

…he is…

Punished Yunobo.

k73qzhd8fgka.png

• Options
    But for real I don’t think it’ll be him. It’s gonna be some swerve like a brand new guy, or if we’re going for timeline convergence stuff a past goron filling in. I think if you were going to kill someone for slight stakes, that guy got the least scene time. I feel like all of Death Mountain wasn’t given as much love as the other three funky people zones.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

7 dungeons c'mon 7 dungeons...

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

That seems like a normal number to me.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    MNC Dover wrote: »

That seems like a normal number to me.
    would be back to the norm for sure. Which is basically the one big thing I'm hoping for at this point after after botw not being the norm at all in that field.

Gimme 7 dungeons and actually make them themed again and I'll be a happy happy camper.

DemonStacey on
  • Options

Yeah I am hoping this is the case. I mean, I assume there will be something *like* the divine beasts at bare minimum, but it's looked like dungeons are probably returning based on what they've shown off.

I'm also hoping story stuff is more present this time. I was a little disappointed that the "story trailer" in BotW was like 90% showing flashback scenes from the past. I really liked the sequences where you got to interact with the Champion descendants, but they were relatively short - just small bits to get you into the divine beasts. I'm hoping they expand on that stuff way more in this game. Like, make more and more involved main story questlines this time. Game can still be non-linear AF, just give me more story-relevant stuff to do. Based on what they've shown so far I'm hoping this will be the case. Even the very first trailer feels like significantly more story focused than BotW :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I find it interesting how the Zelda (mainline?) series always seems to go in a Lighter/Darker tradeoff. Zelda 1 > Zelda 2, LTTP > LA, OOT > MM, WW > TP, Skyward Sword BoTW > ToTK

Links Awakening might not be significantly darker than LTTP, but I think the ending is definitely more poignant and bittersweet, verging on sad.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I've been replaying various Zelda games ahead of Tears of the Kingdom. I just started Wind Waker.

The Wind Waker designs for bokoblins and moblins are perfect and I wish they just kept using those instead of making new ones each game.

At least BotW bokoblins are fun with how they get mad when you steal their weapons.

• Options
    All WW enemies were of the highest tier. Those darknuts would fit right into BotW style with some proportion tweaks.

• Options
    I haven’t got time for a redesign, but if someone at Nintendo could just stretch that model out real quick I won’t complain.

7ca9isz2j1fe.png

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    It may just be when I encountered each one first, but I think I always liked Iron Knuckle a bit more than Darknut.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I just love everything about WW's visuals. I would love for them to revisit it ALBW-style.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    It may just be when I encountered each one first, but I think I always liked Iron Knuckle a bit more than Darknut.

Yeah, that’s fair. With enemies having different weapons and shields now, we can work in variations on the evil knight pretty easily though!
    Dirty wrote: »
    I just love everything about WW's visuals. I would love for them to revisit it ALBW-style.

They did do a few handheld title, but I’d still be down.

Anyways, I’m here to inform you my sister has just referred to Ganondorf as Ring Fit Ganon, and that’s his name now.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular

Oh, I remember them. It was a massive downgrade in terms of visuals, and the games were on a much smaller scale. Not to mention those games just weren't nearly as good as Wind Waker. I'd love another game like OOT or TP but with WW's style and atmosphere.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Yeah, that’s fair. With enemies having different weapons and shields now, we can work in variations on the evil knight pretty easily though!

Anyways, I’m here to inform you my sister has just referred to Ganondorf as Ring Fit Ganon, and that’s his name now.

I feel like Ring Fit Ganon would be the big pig but with Dragaux's leotard and swole body.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Just fuckin give me WWHD on the Switch!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

Somehow, their imagination managed to fail them before adding a choir?

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

They've been doing this for awhile, I recommend you check out their twitter for other similar remixes. It's all very cool.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Hands-on previews of Tears of the Kingdom are hitting all over the place. I read a few, and everyone seemed to leave with their brains on fire thinking of even more crazy ways to interact with stuff after they stopped playing. At least one of them discovered there are definitely ways to reach the floating islands that don't involve hopping on a rock and reversing time.

Minor experimentation spoiler to give an example of the hilarity:
    In the demo, some bokoblins rolled down a giant boulder to crush Link. Most previewers used recall to roll it right back at them. One previewer just fused it to a spear on the spot and started whacking away with a giant mace.

Probably a much bigger experimentation spoiler that will give you an idea of just how much crazy crap you can pull off:
    Shield + rocket = arm-mounted jetpack.

Oh, there's also travel medallions you can place wherever you like and instantly transport yourself back to, presumably so you can quickly reset if you manage to Team Rocket yourself into the horizon.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Oh, there's also travel medallions you can place wherever you like and instantly transport yourself back to, presumably so you can quickly reset if you manage to Team Rocket yourself into the horizon.

Oh, they kept that huh? That was one of those things they added to BotW super post launch that I just never messed around with. I was already done with the game by then. Wonder if Hero's Journey or whatever they called it is in at the start too (it was a cool idea)

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Oh, they kept that huh? That was one of those things they added to BotW super post launch that I just never messed around with. I was already done with the game by then. Wonder if Hero's Journey or whatever they called it is in at the start too (it was a cool idea)

I have only played The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild with Hero's Path on. I would be really sad if it wasn't in The Legend Of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom. It is such a good way to keep track of where you have been and show you places left to check out.

• Options
    I haven't played BOTW with the traveler medallion, but it did sound like a great way to deal with some of the game's issues (such as reaching a cliff you really wanna climb, and then it starts raining).

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Ohhh yesss. Not sure if this was seen in screens before but there's an option to "destroy fused material" on fused weapons.

Which should be the confirmation that you can re-use base weapons. Was my hope after them showing it re-ups durability. Now my dream of keeping a cool weapon and just collecting things to stick to it is alive and well. Now the feeling of finding "ammo" all works out perfectly! No longer just ammo! Which I know confused some folks in these discussions on the past but it looks like Nintendo understands.

Really looks like they've managed to find ways to address all my personal issues with botw and I couldn't be more excited.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    VontreVontre Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

Somehow, their imagination managed to fail them before adding a choir?

I heard this mix several years ago.... and considering it's not really what was described in the tweet, and it was posted this month, I legitimately wonder if this account didn't just steal it from someone else.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    2 weeks to go…

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    2 weeks to go…

i'm so hyped and avoiding spoilers for the game, but i scheduled friday and monday off so i can just indulge myself before the internet is so full of stuff i can't avoid it.

• Options
    I'm taking the whole week of May 15-19 off work.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    I'm taking the whole week of May 15-19 off work.

I'm taking the 12th-16th off... been debating if I wanna do the whole week...

• Options
    edited April 2023
    I've just got 3 3day weekends in May.

I've taken to just making sure I take a few per month so I never work more than 2 full weeks n a row and place them on big releases when available.

It's really quite a nice way to spend PTO.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    I just found a snow boarding minigame I had no idea existed this entire time…

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I’m feeling a cold coming on. Probably will hit me in about two weeks or so and last for a week.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The sense I got from the previews is that, while leaving players lots of options, most traversal puzzles will have materials and Zonai parts lying near that suggest a fairly straightforward solution, so that even if you're feeling tapped out of creative energy at the moment you'll be able to adequately solve problems.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Hey what's this thing on my back? It's there even with armor on.

dly8466dkuph.png

edit: nevermind figured it out, it's a shield, ha

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    20230428_100911.jpg

Let us proceed in a direction of your choosing.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    The games ability to know when I need to climb and immediately start raining for the rest of the day is uncanny

EspantaPajaro on