Options

Mint in sealed box [action figures (and other toys)] thread - nsf56k

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Big Apple and Piab have really really bad reputations in the community. I wouldn't be surprised if Big Apple was closing in response to a law suit tbh.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Damn didn't know about that, I just saw some comments saying something along those lines but didn't have any context

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Ooohhh shit.

So. Fans Hobby, Armada toys?

.. We knew Tidal Wave was coming. Well, they're getting closer, because they've started showing off ONE PART of Tidal Wave.

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=594995966023176

The aircraft carrier is about 2x as large as the original. It has a fucking launching system for his minicon jet buddy. Hell, this one part looks bigger than the recently shown Leader Armada Megatron...

jefyng783a97.png

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    BBTS is running a one day sale that includes the Ark (down to $109.99) and FansProject’s Lost ExoRealm Saurus Dinoking combiner set (down to $149.99)

I know both of those have been on the radar for some people.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Ever just keep building up unopened toys and push off opening them until you have a big stack? Sorry for the photo dump!

First off, I picked up some AEW wrestlers. Evil Uno and Thunder Rosa because they are two of my favorites - Darby because I saw him super cheap at a flea market and he came with a neat skateboard. The AEW figures are usually pretty great and these are no exception - really nice paint jobs on the tattoos and extra hands thrown in. I'm super impressed with Rosa - her face and makeup are great and the costume is well done. Also, they are great at scale - everyone seems to have the right body type/size.
    Thunder Rosa
    bsz3lxcofx0q.jpg
    myow20clvep8.jpg
    mu8wctmmjtc7.jpg
    uwv9tywoka5z.jpg

Evil Uno
    naf383mzw31w.jpg
    038rs9xarn62.jpg
    tyfpa6b6n5e4.jpg

Darby Allin
    df877lcgb7i9.jpg
    bvpp7jeryual.jpg
    xc3h1zb72hzb.jpg

Group
    efetjkkzhi7q.jpg

Next was a miscellaneous figure, Samus Aran. I have a shelf that is sort of a catch-all with video game figures and other toys where I don't collect the actual lines but have a few items. She was only $10 at Walmart (I think the line is exclusive) with BOTW Link and Zelda. She's actually far better than a $10 toy should be - pretty poseable, feels fairly well built (except for some weak shoulder joints), and is just fun. The ball version is really, really cheap feeling though!
    0ex45z951o3z.jpg
    bjp5tu1fs28j.jpg
    hckls13uwdko.jpg
    kocxxlj009nd.jpg

Finally, my main toy collection at the moment, Masters of the Universe Origins.
    First was the online exclusive Frog Monger. This figure is neat because it's actually based on a frog guy in the original sticker on the floor of the vintage Castle Grayskull. They turned him into a figure with an awesome retro look, right down to a rocket backpack-looking thing. He's easily one of my new favorites in the line.
    y4r4n95aauww.jpg
    n5pwwgbjx8mq.jpg
    odjlevrrnwvy.jpg
    2ymb34iynpr6.jpg
    qpitioxgjrcd.jpg

Next is the Snake Trooper. It's essentially the Horde Trooper with a snake head (from Rattlor). This is an interesting toy because it, along with the Slamurai figure later in this post, was part of 4 figures that were lined up to be at the end of the vintage line. They were all recycled parts from other figures - something super common in the line - but got canceled after the line crashed and burned.
    tvdgzd295bfb.jpg
    aq9zmc4dxakt.jpg
    0bc26xahqhze.jpg

Next is the aforementioned Slamurai. He's basically just a white, good-guy version of Ninjor. The white and blue look really nice actually, and I'm a fan of the nunchuck accessory.
    sn7jpfgllz4w.jpg
    8bcfwewpdi2g.jpg

Next is Snakemen Teela. Essentially a re-paint of Teela but with some tweaked details to make her match the early 2000 line. They did a storyline where a few folks got turned into Snake People and this is the first Origins figure based on that. I wasn't sure if I'd grab her since she wasn't in the original line, but I'm really glad I did - her paint scheme is awesome and the green weapons are also great looking. I also included a close up of the packaging - all the snake based figures have the neat scale texture.
    ksvy3kjzgm9s.jpg
    lcqlzpkfybfh.jpg
    psfp0adwoq50.jpg
    1ibd7k3dkziu.jpg

Finally is Tung Lashor. One of the original Snakemen, they did remove his action feature - sort of. He used to have a tongue that would go in and out as an action, but now you can just remove/add the tongue yourself. It's not a major loss for me - but I didn't own him back in the day, I might feel different if I had memories of playing with him. Either way, his color scheme is awesome and I love the dragonfly crossbow even if he's not great at holding it!
    ao6rbnhlga5l.jpg
    oin0hqb7mgvd.jpg

Comics and group shot:
    5uhv36a1jg4t.jpg
    icmx29yxqvff.jpg

Does your Walmart still have the BotW Link and Zelda? The nearest two never got them or I never saw them and have been trying to get a set for a while now. That Samus looks awesome though.

I bought her over a month ago and I think that one case of the line was all I've seen them get in. I'll double check next time I'm in there and let you know.

None of the Nintendo line left. The pegs are still there though so I'll let you know if I see them.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Ever just keep building up unopened toys and push off opening them until you have a big stack? Sorry for the photo dump!

First off, I picked up some AEW wrestlers. Evil Uno and Thunder Rosa because they are two of my favorites - Darby because I saw him super cheap at a flea market and he came with a neat skateboard. The AEW figures are usually pretty great and these are no exception - really nice paint jobs on the tattoos and extra hands thrown in. I'm super impressed with Rosa - her face and makeup are great and the costume is well done. Also, they are great at scale - everyone seems to have the right body type/size.
    Thunder Rosa
    bsz3lxcofx0q.jpg
    myow20clvep8.jpg
    mu8wctmmjtc7.jpg
    uwv9tywoka5z.jpg

Evil Uno
    naf383mzw31w.jpg
    038rs9xarn62.jpg
    tyfpa6b6n5e4.jpg

Darby Allin
    df877lcgb7i9.jpg
    bvpp7jeryual.jpg
    xc3h1zb72hzb.jpg

Group
    efetjkkzhi7q.jpg

Next was a miscellaneous figure, Samus Aran. I have a shelf that is sort of a catch-all with video game figures and other toys where I don't collect the actual lines but have a few items. She was only $10 at Walmart (I think the line is exclusive) with BOTW Link and Zelda. She's actually far better than a $10 toy should be - pretty poseable, feels fairly well built (except for some weak shoulder joints), and is just fun. The ball version is really, really cheap feeling though!
    0ex45z951o3z.jpg
    bjp5tu1fs28j.jpg
    hckls13uwdko.jpg
    kocxxlj009nd.jpg

Finally, my main toy collection at the moment, Masters of the Universe Origins.
    First was the online exclusive Frog Monger. This figure is neat because it's actually based on a frog guy in the original sticker on the floor of the vintage Castle Grayskull. They turned him into a figure with an awesome retro look, right down to a rocket backpack-looking thing. He's easily one of my new favorites in the line.
    y4r4n95aauww.jpg
    n5pwwgbjx8mq.jpg
    odjlevrrnwvy.jpg
    2ymb34iynpr6.jpg
    qpitioxgjrcd.jpg

Next is the Snake Trooper. It's essentially the Horde Trooper with a snake head (from Rattlor). This is an interesting toy because it, along with the Slamurai figure later in this post, was part of 4 figures that were lined up to be at the end of the vintage line. They were all recycled parts from other figures - something super common in the line - but got canceled after the line crashed and burned.
    tvdgzd295bfb.jpg
    aq9zmc4dxakt.jpg
    0bc26xahqhze.jpg

Next is the aforementioned Slamurai. He's basically just a white, good-guy version of Ninjor. The white and blue look really nice actually, and I'm a fan of the nunchuck accessory.
    sn7jpfgllz4w.jpg
    8bcfwewpdi2g.jpg

Next is Snakemen Teela. Essentially a re-paint of Teela but with some tweaked details to make her match the early 2000 line. They did a storyline where a few folks got turned into Snake People and this is the first Origins figure based on that. I wasn't sure if I'd grab her since she wasn't in the original line, but I'm really glad I did - her paint scheme is awesome and the green weapons are also great looking. I also included a close up of the packaging - all the snake based figures have the neat scale texture.
    ksvy3kjzgm9s.jpg
    lcqlzpkfybfh.jpg
    psfp0adwoq50.jpg
    1ibd7k3dkziu.jpg

Finally is Tung Lashor. One of the original Snakemen, they did remove his action feature - sort of. He used to have a tongue that would go in and out as an action, but now you can just remove/add the tongue yourself. It's not a major loss for me - but I didn't own him back in the day, I might feel different if I had memories of playing with him. Either way, his color scheme is awesome and I love the dragonfly crossbow even if he's not great at holding it!
    ao6rbnhlga5l.jpg
    oin0hqb7mgvd.jpg

Comics and group shot:
    5uhv36a1jg4t.jpg
    icmx29yxqvff.jpg

Does your Walmart still have the BotW Link and Zelda? The nearest two never got them or I never saw them and have been trying to get a set for a while now. That Samus looks awesome though.

I bought her over a month ago and I think that one case of the line was all I've seen them get in. I'll double check next time I'm in there and let you know.

None of the Nintendo line left. The pegs are still there though so I'll let you know if I see them.

Awesome, thank you for letting me know! I figure it is a long shot trying to surprise my wife.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Double post but I wanted to share this. Big Bad Toy Store has the newest version of MP Skywarp on sale for $160.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/157711?o=1

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Does my current MP Starscream need a friend?

LJr5mbzl.jpg

... maaaybe...

Humorously, my thoughts of "I should be irresponsible" went up when I saw it comes with the flying stand that all the MP trainbots can use but don't include.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB_m2lCmedg

These looks great in every mode but the price you pay for that is some insanely complicated transformations. Not for me, but I'm glad they exist for the people who want them.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Does my current MP Starscream need a friend?

LJr5mbzl.jpg

... maaaybe...

Humorously, my thoughts of "I should be irresponsible" went up when I saw it comes with the flying stand that all the MP trainbots can use but don't include.

Skyfire also comes with that same stand.... But he is a bit more than Skywarp. Plus yes you need to experience the new Seeker mold.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB_m2lCmedg

These looks great in every mode but the price you pay for that is some insanely complicated transformations. Not for me, but I'm glad they exist for the people who want them.
    I've got 2 of the 3 sets, waiting for the last one to ship. My preliminary reviews is:
    Originality and idea: A+
    Engineering and general execution: B
    The overly-broad "fit and finish" category: D

So many things don't tab in, but just kinda hover in their position. A few parts here and there - generally, heads that fold into the torso - are really hard to get out, even with a spudger. In my second set, both bots had what I first thought were stains, but actually seem to be slightly mishaped and discolored plastic? Like maybe they were next to something very hot for a few moments? But also there were a few stains (that I mostly managed to clean off). One of the bots in the first set had metal panels in the legs that just... fell off. They were held in by glue, which seemed to just break or something, I could still see traces of it where they were connected. I glued them back in, but I would expect something like that to be held in more securely, by a screw or plastic clip. Something that would be a physical deterrent to it disconnecting, you know?

Basically, to me it feels like the design is generally really clever, but the actual execution of the toys suffers from either "this is our first time making a toy" or "let's save a few bucks". Or both. Things like sharp (rather than rounded) edges and corners, which I don't often see on toys made by experiences 3rd party companies, and a certain lack of sophistication in how the parts of the toy are designed to fit together makes me hope that these are questions of experiences, and that Lucky Cat will improve their stuff eventually. I don't know whether or not I regret getting the set, I'll form a full opinion when I get the last set. The idea is 100% awesome, so I'm kinda glad I got it for that reason alone.

• Options
    Heads up, @Athenor , this big Snap Ship is half off:
    https://a.co/d/fiylFPA

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Seller on Amazon has Coronation Starscream for $31, which is probably the cheapest I've seen it. I really want the throne and cape, and I guess a slightly upgraded Starscream isn't terrible either (though I have the slightly less good version)

Before I pull the trigger, has anyone seen him cheaper?

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Not yet but I’m surprised I haven’t. He was a hell of a shelf warmer in every Target I visited for several months.

• Options
    Seller on Amazon has Coronation Starscream for $31, which is probably the cheapest I've seen it. I really want the throne and cape, and I guess a slightly upgraded Starscream isn't terrible either (though I have the slightly less good version)

Before I pull the trigger, has anyone seen him cheaper?

That beat my $45 deal I got in January of last year from GameStop. I bought him for the throne as well.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Heads up, Athenor , this big Snap Ship is half off:
    https://a.co/d/fiylFPA

I think that's about $5 less than I saw it last week. I'm fighting my urges to go in on the stuff more. Too much stuff I want, but it's tempered by me going through my Lego.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I have a price tracker chrome plugin, and it shows that ship having been more or less at the $18 dollar price for at least the past 3 months. So I'm not sure if that's actually a sale price.

• Options
    Good! All the more reason for Athenor to skip buying it, then.

• Options
    MelonTronMelonTron Registered User regular
    I've been considering getting the rereleases of the Amazing Yamaguchi Venom and Spider-Gwen since I missed them the first time around and the Spider-Man is one of my favorite figures just for posing and messing around with. Then I saw Amiami had them both with an additional discount due to box damage, and that was the extra push I needed and now they're ordered!

• Options
    Good! All the more reason for Athenor to skip buying it, then.

I have NO self control.

(supposedly 2 more boxes are coming in.)

AHEXaK8h.jpg

• Options
    Athenor, I sincerely apologize, and will not @ you with delicious, luscious, savory toys and collectables, so as not to lead you further down the Path of Plastic.

• Options
    It's okay. It had been in my cart for a couple weeks. :D

Soooo...

In retrospect, I feel really bad for this toy line. Because while Lego are incredible in terms of flexibility and creativity... Snap Ships should've been bigger than it ended up being. Seeing a bigger ship now is just... impressive. And getting all this for under $20 is a steal.

HCkPb57h.jpg

This is basically Hardspace: Shipbreaker, the toy line. Probably why it appeals to me. So what can more core blocks get you?

i7CU1xgh.jpg

A very solid, yet flat chassis to build on! There's a lot of other things that plug into this, but it still feels like a utility ship versus a capship. Even cooler, it is a drone carrier!

CZS6aHEh.jpg

These little drones are just kind of cute. And the hinged connector bits are something I could've sworn could be used as clamps. They might still be!

It probably doesn't help that the boxes really don't do a great job at showing off the models.

j3eXdEJh.jpg

JmMcWTSh.jpg

HbsvcnCh.jpg

It really is all the bits and bobs that add together to make something cool.

At this time, I am not sure if I'm going to build the alternate builds for this thing.

VkH8siEh.jpg

tSJ7zNxh.jpg

Especially that last one, which looks a bit.. spindly.

9kLboBfh.jpg

The rest of my order is coming in Monday. :D

• Options
    Went ahead and did the other two alt configurations as well, to see if they looked better "in hand" than the line drawings.

They do!

The "Rescue/recovery" variant B just has this massive industrial look to the way the cockpit is attached. I don't think the repulsor fans are in what would be considered an optimal arrangement like this, but I do like the overall lines. The only spot for the stand was near the back, but this was surprisingly balanced and stable - very little wobble compared to other designs.

Unfortunately, breaking down this version almost broke my separator tool. There are these orange jumper bits that connect two flat pieces together. This design used those in the long angled beam pieces, which did NOT want to give up their connections. Took a lot of force and bending to eventually get them out.

VixjAQEh.jpg

yY9SL7Xh.jpg

Ne3OD1Dh.jpg

The final variant, the assault craft, is just menacing as hell. When properly assembled, the bricks are way more stable than I was expecting. No sagging like I feared. Sure, the side gunners are rotated from the main cockpit, but that's okay - it's in space, right? And I can always hop them up to the top.

46Kvsn7h.jpg

yFvvH8Dh.jpg

By default layout, there's no place to attach the stand. I had to pop off a pretty important structural bit that kept the front and back connected properly in order to get a place for the peg. If I keep it in this formation, I would probably lengthen the ship one cube in the center and attach the stand there. However, it's still super back heavy. That said, I think this is my favorite version after all (and seeing that the wing struts are stable), so I will have to do some tinkering.

KyR91zFh.jpg

• Options
    Man, these photos are making me want to go all-in on Snap Ships.

I have to keep reminding myself: I am not creative enough. I will not use these to their fullest potential. They will be sad and not actualized.

• Options

I have to keep reminding myself: I am not creative enough. I will not use these to their fullest potential. They will be sad and not actualized.

They do not have emotions. Buy them, play with them, and don't worry about missing out. As long as you have fun, don't stress!

He says, looking at his list of UFOs.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    This is probably gonna be stupid expensive but my god it's cool
    c4fcx0w6g8nd.jpg
    https://marvelousnews.com/252-32834

• Options
    That looks like a pretty straightforward transformation.

The chest opens and the head flips in to reveal the panther head on the opposite side of the rotating joint. Forearms will open to flip in hands and flip out feet. Back legs just get rotated at the double jointed knee.

• Options
    Cross posting from the Gunpla thread, but I really can't decide how I want the outer armor to be on this kit. What do ya'll think of this part-clear/part-solid build of the PG Unleashed? And if you like it, do you think I should do the shield in clear or solid? Both the gun and shield only have a handful of symmetrical parts, so doing the two tone wouldn't work on them.

aq0gk6ry61br.jpg

josr0xtgdax4.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Heffling wrote: »
    Cross posting from the Gunpla thread, but I really can't decide how I want the outer armor to be on this kit. What do ya'll think of this part-clear/part-solid build of the PG Unleashed? And if you like it, do you think I should do the shield in clear or solid? Both the gun and shield only have a handful of symmetrical parts, so doing the two tone wouldn't work on them.

aq0gk6ry61br.jpg

josr0xtgdax4.jpg

I think isn't the shield usually on its left arm while the gun is in the right? If my memory is correct I say make the shield solid and gun clear.

Edit: I forgot to say that is an awesome build. I love the clear and solid halves together like that.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Totally agree with Betsuni: Make one accessory clear, one solid. Also totally agree that this setup looks amazing.

• Options

They do not have emotions. Buy them, play with them, and don't worry about missing out. As long as you have fun, don't stress!

He says, looking at his list of UFOs.
    It's less that I'm worried about missing out, and more that I already have so much stuff that I need to grasp onto any pretense, no matter how flimsy, to keep myself from buying things.

Also, realistically, I already have so many different toys, desktop geegaws, fidget whatsits, and so on that all have some element of construction toy, and I bought all of them thinking "Yeah, it's gonna be rad, I'm gonna make stuff!". What actually happens is that I absolutely never do, and then feel mild disappointment and irritation that I don't. So, better to just resist buying that stuff.

(And to just double down on my selected hard drug of choice, overpriced Transformers.)

• Options
    I totally get it. I am very much running into space limitations I wasn't expecting to have for about 5 more years, and have even sold for about $2k in toys on eBay to downsize.

• Options
    edited April 2023
    The second box showed up. Poor Amazon guy, having to deliver on Easter. I only picked the shipping I did on the chance it would get here by Saturday, I didn't really want them working today.

This particular shipment includes one of the big boy sets for the Forge, and a menacing drop pod for the KLAW!

(the claaaaw)

Zl86eUvl.jpg

(Putting the pics behind spoilers just so that I don't subject people to a ton of vertical scrolling.

Right off the bat, we need to talk about packaging. These are very obviously the 2nd generation / release of Snap Ships. Instead of having a plastic bottom, they went cardboard there. They still have the lids to act as stands. Further, they got rid of the plastic tray inside that held all the pieces as if to show them off. It honestly only really served to add more waste, IMO, so these are both choices I can get behind. The figures are therefore packed in with the rest of the pieces. Also, I swear each set comes with an extra core block that is not actually used in any build or variant.. which, if so, is VERY cool of them as the kickstarter made it clear that the cores were the most expensive component to make.

hc1aUfwl.jpg

What about the "Secret weapon?"

In the original wave, the "ancient tech" weapon you got (called Uju) was pre-determined by the ship. It came in the tray, covered with a sticker showing it off. The manual also explained it. So while it was a "surprise" when buying the first set, if you are army building you would always know which one you got. They also didn't incorporate very well, because they needed to use hard points or existing clips.

This wave, they came up with a new friction-based attachment system. You'll see it throughout the pictures, but there is this new bar-shape. IMO this is an excellent improvement, because it lets you attach "non-structural" pieces in creative ways, and when not in use they blend into the framework of the ships really well.

This is where the Uju stuff comes in. Instead of the hard plastic shooty bits of the originals, these come with Uju tech made of "different elements" - basically soft, flexible plastic instead of the hard stuff. These are designed to be placed, or stacked, on top of the new bar hardpoints. They have some pretty cool effects molded in them that I could see a kid imagining as covering the whole ship.

The downside? These are blind bags. There are 8 in total, and you'll get 4 unique ones in your bag.. but you are not guaranteed to get all of them. The manual doesn't even know which ones you get, and describes all 8 when they explain the friction mounting system.

Here's the Klaw ones I got:

BBnFR46l.jpg

I personally think these are way cooler than the original concept, but.. blind bags suck, because getting a full set is now much harder. I don't think Snap Ship tactics will make use of these until later releases, though (if they happen), so it isn't a huge deal...

SO! Onto the ships.

The Claymore

Sooooooo.. this one is BIG. Just absolutely huge. It is so huge, its bags are lettered! It is so huge, it only has 1 official build! Because of that, I didn't pull apart all the bags at once. Here's Bag A.

kLvbY5zl.jpg

That's 19 core cubes, 2 half-length cubes, two rotation cubes, and 5 other framework pieces that have the soft rubbery core connectors. That's... a lot!

That framework is used to make what is essentially a giant dropship bay in the middle, with two hinging spurs on the front. The instructions point out that with the hinged bits, they are designed to snap in place securely or swing open. neat!

lX5FyQkl.jpg

B bag is lots of weapons.

QufvfyXl.jpg

It also features the cockpit and the secondary engines. The cockpit does this wild thing where it can rotate up or slide down. It looks.. so much better down. There's also a couple of levers that can be pressed to deploy the mechs the dropship contains.

Finally, Bag C is the final touches and those other mechs.

x9haEXil.jpg

It also included the pilots! Aren't they so cute? I wonder how much of this is inspired by Freespace...

Gq6onqcl.jpg

The mechs are overall pretty simple. In fact, one is much closer to a lego minifig skeleton than anything else in this line. After building them, you add some large panels to cover up the gaps somewhat, and in the end you are left with a really nifty dropship! ... a dropship that just cannot sit on the stand in any practical way. In fact, the instructions specifically tell you to remove a landing strut, attach an extra core block, and then have the ship perched at a diagonal across the base. It is... not great!

sqjqpkgl.jpg

RtPeG6kl.jpg

Still, the claymore cuts a very cool profile. With the cockpit lowered, the hinges all closed, and the engines tilted for a VTOL / VSTOL drop, it reminds me heavily of a Pelican. And I love that.

NA8VPLWl.jpg

And here you can see the mech and the exosuit. The front opens up so that you can use a gurney to lift up the exosuit, and they give you 4 options for replacement arms /weapons for it!

sPcjccSl.jpg

The Hammerjaw

This is another dropship style craft, this time for the "Bad guys." It relies much more on drones than the Claymore, so it has only one pilot.. and its cockpit is not all that great despite how cool it is!

This is much more analogous to the Trident from yesterday. (Also you can see the blind bag in the top-left.)

4MWfJKal.jpg

After putting together these models, only one thing kept popping up in my mind: The Nebuchadnezzar from The Matrix. It's pretty much entirely due to the curved circular fins and the wings on the back.

0HFPmqrl.jpg

Those circular parts, in this configuration, are the drones. They are held on by clips that can be released, and in theory if you do it right they'll roll forward. But realistically, you are supposed to unfurl them like droidekkas from Star Wars.

i9E89HAl.jpg

I really wanted to check out the other modes on this one though, so I didn't photograph it nearly as much. Quickly I went into the "Close Support" build. And yes.. this felt armored and like it was just bristling with guns.

l8NPdiAl.jpg

DmcI9eil.jpg

But again, I wasn't massively feeling this one. So.. third build, the "AWACS Ornithopter!" While the klaw ships have wings/blades on them, I wasn't sure what they were going for. But.. well, it definitely works with how they use the round bits!

LSJfrEJl.jpg

BH8yyt2l.jpg

r3945H9l.jpg

This uses the fewest pieces... but I think I like it the best. I just like wings, what can I say.

So yeah! That's the next two ships. Humorously, the one that finally got me to pull the trigger is not going to arrive until tomorrow. It'll be another 2-few, with the Gladius and the Scorpion. According to the back of the manuals, I'm missing 8 sets out of the 22. They come in 5 sizes, and the ones I'm missing are all the second to smallest sets (the ones that aren't drones) and 2 of the original sized ones.

Athenor on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Images are broken?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    I totally get it. I am very much running into space limitations I wasn't expecting to have for about 5 more years, and have even sold for about $2k in toys on eBay to downsize.

Congratulations on clearing out so much. I just hit that realization that I need to sell off a bunch of stuff after trying to fit more in my collection.

Especially the Dinobots that I decided to collect.

I shouldn't have bought Needlenose... But I just loved that jet design and it was on sale.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    We're going into clear-out mode this Spring/Summer as well. I definitely have packrat tendencies and our last move was super last minute and a bunch of my stuff didn't really get sorted/sold/tossed like I would have liked. I think I'm going to just get rid of all my non-classic trilogy Star Wars stuff and it seems like I have a bunch of Lego minifigures that have gone up in value so I'll probably sell a bit of my older Lego stuff. In the end, I really only want to be buying the Origins Masters of the Universe line and an occasional wrestling figure (while keeping a nice, curated set of my original trilogy Starwars in storage and some other small collections I don't actively add to).

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My brother really got soured on the Bay's Transformers and how toys for the most part tied in with it. Last night at work we got a huge display of the rise of the beasts series. As I found it odd he said nothing about it but I just wrote it off as how the previous series of movies soured him

Earlier in the thread about the Link/Zelda figures that is all I have seen at work and not the Samus one for months. I was tempted to get them but all they would do is taunt me for my 3 hours of playing Breath of the Wild

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    My brother really got soured on the Bay's Transformers and how toys for the most part tied in with it. Last night at work we got a huge display of the rise of the beasts series. As I found it odd he said nothing about it but I just wrote it off as how the previous series of movies soured him

Earlier in the thread about the Link/Zelda figures that is all I have seen at work and not the Samus one for months. I was tempted to get them but all they would do is taunt me for my 3 hours of playing Breath of the Wild

It makes be so happy that there is someone out there with a similar playtime on BOTW. My experience has been "well, I'm not sure what to do next, so I think think I'll just play something else for awhile."

• Options
    So funny how some stores seem to have had those BotW figures and I never saw them once (or the Samus one either). Ticked me off since I lurked so many sighting pages hoping to get one. Then seeing them go on discount online with none in stock. I say funny, but in reality it is so frustrating.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I have a local gaming/toy shop that has a good collection of Amiibo. If anyone's looking for anything in specific, let me know and I'll see if they have them.

... I have decided that while I love pretty much everything about these Snap Ships, I HATE the stands/bases. The lids are just too flexible and the single points of connection do not support them very well. And here I was, complaining about Victory Saber's stand.

edit: Oh wow. I went looking for 3d printed snap ship bases, and came across a Maker Faire entry for what appears to be their prototype!

https://makerfaire.com/maker/entry/65614/

Interestingly, it DID start out as a board game!

I don't see anything out there for custom bases, but someone did make a design for the generic square (non-rotating) connector, and for an angled wedge piece. Which is also neat.

https://www.printables.com/model/395704

Athenor on