Options

Mint in sealed box [action figures (and other toys)] thread - nsf56k

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I’m happy someone here snagged one. You’ll definitely need to share once you get it!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I’m happy someone here snagged one. You’ll definitely need to share once you get it!

Will do! I wanted one just because it looked cool and mixes two lines I grew up with (I'm sure that I'm not alone in this). Yeah, I could have been happy with the straight Hot Wheels truck (which I actually pre-ordered on BBTS since I missed the cheaper EE price), but a transforming Hot Wheels is just neater to me. So I'm happy to share it with others here.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited May 21
    *Giddy noises*

It's here. YAY!

So... My Thunderking's a bit of a big bastard, right? Well, the only reason I went in for him was because he was the prototype for something new.. something.. bigger.

And that bigger thing starts now.

88eFnBgh.jpg

(Note that I came home from my lunch break to make sure this package arrived safe and sound, so it won't be a full gallery)

Right off the bat, we see a MUCH more experienced company than the first gestalt. The original box designs were basic, not very eye catching, but built like bricks. Completely full of multiple layers of foam, without more than the basic CGI renders of the product.

For reference, here's the last pic I took of the packaging for Thunderking while I was marveling at having a box that could fit it:
    DBTyY0Ch.jpg

Now, we have a proper badass art on the front... But they also go all in on the rest of the faces too!

Side 1:

y8TcCM3h.jpg

Side 2:

8ImoeXDh.jpg

Back:

7cecoy5h.jpg

The Thunderking boxes, while big, are also kind of flimsy. The foam really gives them structural support. This box, however, is more like a board game box. It opens upwards, with no latches or flaps. It's made of sturdier stuff.

So what about the inside?

1Tkm0zwh.jpg

Sadly, no more foam. The choice of recyclable plastic is appreciated, as it makes the overall package lighter and can hold up just as well by bending and flexing and not transmitting the stuff. But man, the amount of stuff they threw in here.

Right off the bat we have Red Envelopes (which I am enjoying, even if they aren't part of my customs). We have a lenticular character card, and we have the manual featuring the same gorgeous box art if you decide to get rid of that.

vfR7RM0h.jpg

But more than that! There's a box-sized lenticular POSTER! And more stat cards! And even the backs of the envelopes have decoration!

Ahh, but that's all nice touches. What about the toy itself?

qTy3EZmh.jpg

... Shiny. And pointy! In person, the silver looks MUCH better than the early prototype photographs I was worried about. You can also tell how much they've decided to go whole-hog on this after learning from Thunderking. Those blades are fucking huge, to say nothing of the bow/tail.

Like I said, I haven't played with it much. In fact, I'll probably save that for Gunpla build night tonight. But I did think it would be appropriate to get some comparison shots.

First, to his older brother in arms, Thunderking - and Thunderking's latest Hasbro version, Predaking (With some extra DNA bling).

YdrCsfLh.jpg

Second, with my up-armored Volcanicus from Power of the Primes. So you can directly compare the deluxe-scaled Snarl-as-a-leg to what this guy is going to be.. but more will be coming later.

l238rozh.jpg

And finally.. The latest and greatest official Snarl? SS86, baby! Also here with a Masterpiece I took off my shelf for dusting and need to put back away here soon... you know, for comparison.

YF4nccqh.jpg

I really can't wait to dive into this guy.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Snarl, I found the Planet X version (styled like the FoC game) on sale like 50% off, really considering buying it. It’s the G2 green color, which I actually really like, reminds me of Samus
    gpwv4n1taejm.jpeg

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Every time I'm reminded of those Planet X FoC-style Dinobots, I think "They are so dang cool, I should get them..." and then I remember about the tyranny of existing in a finite, material world and feel sad.

• Options
    edited May 21
    Speaking of Snarl, I found the Planet X version (styled like the FoC game) on sale like 50% off, really considering buying it. It’s the G2 green color, which I actually really like, reminds me of Samus
    gpwv4n1taejm.jpeg

I will live vicariously through you if you do

Edit: Also, now I can only see Samus... Which is awesome.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I adore the War for Cybertron / Fall of Cybertron designs. Hasbro's Grimlock let me down SO much, but.. eh. Not much can live up to his Classics interpretation, so there is that.

Also I have no clue why one of my pictures is not loading right. *Grumbles at Imgur*

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    In other news of getting stuff going, I got the batteries installed on my Mikey. Barely. I almost had one fly and hit my eye. Liiiiitle bit of a tight fit.

They've redesigned the head quite a bit. There is a very solid square peg that makes sure the head fits properly. They also added some visual flair that I didn't even realize was transparent, so it glows now when the eyes are on - and makes it very obvious it is on. I also think the magnet detection is stronger.

It's weird that both gun barrels turn the same direction. I always picture such things rotating counter to each other.

W3LeIMLh.jpg

WV9XKJ6h.jpg

• Options
    So I am probably the last person on Earth to get a copy of Transformers Gears and I wanted to share my thoughts and photos of him.

First off, he is one bot that I didn't care in the cartoon, but over time he sort of grew on me. I recently bought the Fans Toys version (3P) of him and then decided that I should also get the Hasbro one that just came out (I think a few months ago, but my pre-order was late in the queue). Glad I did because he is actually a fun Transformer and simple transformation for once! I don't really like how his chest becomes the back of the vehicle mode and his legs don't cover up everything in the bed(?)/back of the truck mode. But overall he has a lot of articulation and doesn't have a lot of gaps. The truck mode reminds me of the GMC truck that Michael Bay used for Ironhide in his movies. He also has a hidden "hover truck" mode (which I forgot to take a photo of) where you fold up his wheels and he can now store away easily. Oh and the Designers left a little homage towards the original toy. Hidden "M" (you have to turn his head around and then have him do a headstand) that the original toy had on it. The original toy (like all other Transformers) was taken from another toy line. But this time it was actually a US company (Knickerbocker Toys) that was going to make a transforming toy line here called the Mysterians, but was bought out by Hasbro and that was the end of that.

So anyways, here are the photos!

Putting them behind the spoilers because of the forum bug.
    puaz0uzikmy8.jpg

ytbr5dpwb1ch.jpg

izwe4xzn7lsm.jpg

q55qp4dvb05n.jpg

3e186jpf9x6e.jpg

v8i975sq988g.jpg

w3losmheusal.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Last night I spent more time catching up than actually doing anything at gunpla build night, but I did make at least.. an attempt at transforming Stegsarow. However, I hit a point where I couldn't seem to force or slide something, and I knew it would be a lot to keep going from there, so I decided against it. I also didn't have any shock oil or tools if any parts were tight.

This afternoon, I fired up Emgo's dedicated video on how to transform him. It took an hour, and a LOT of sharp pointy bits stabbing into my fingers.. but I got it.

He's not transforming for a while.

Oh, and interestingly, I mentioned there were a lot of tech spec cards? No.. it turns out there was only 1, but there was also a foil stamped card with his rival from Thunderking on it. I am not sure if they are directly lined up, but hopefully you don't have to do any chase BS to get all the cards if you are into that.

spoiler for consideration of desktop.

La0mKszh.jpg

mK5Eba5h.jpg

z73dkvLh.jpg

onpbYXlh.jpg

NQyMbOzh.jpg

xDySfM9h.jpg

(I shudder to think how big Volcanicus's sword is going to be.)

p3nl6cwh.jpg

I2bnFFYh.jpg

gLDpzf0h.jpg

Even without his tail, he is a BIG BOI.

He's.. gonna live up here for a while, though I do need to be careful of light damage.

sJTG13Gh.jpg

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm pretty excited for the future Legends version of them.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 27
    Blast from the Past Part 3 is here, this time getting into the Amazon excusive Pre-War Cybertron Collection. This is a set based around IDW's pre-war stories (both the first series as well as the second, with a little bit from elsewhere tossed in here and there.)
    4uONl3g.jpg

First up is the "Rise of Tyranny" 2-pack with Miner Megatron and Senator Ratbat
    eRRVKSQ.jpg
    (Miner Megatron on the left, Siege Megatron on the right. I left out Siege Megatron's dumb sword because I like the energon mace more.)

"Miner" Megatron is based on IDW's pre-war Megatron, the design taken primarily from the "Chaos Theory" storyline, but with touches of "Megatron: Origin" in the head sculpt. In case you don't know, the long and short of it is IDW Megatron was a miner who bristled under a fascist society that followed "Functionism" where you alt-mode determined your job, which in turn determined your standing in society. Megatron started out as a peaceful idealist, but the more people listened, the harder the Functionists pushed back, attempting to have him killed, which pushed him to abandon pacifism, and then attempting to alter his mind. When a mine riot left him with blood (er, energon) on his hands, he soon found himself in the company of criminals and reactionaries and eventually lost his way completely, turning into the despot of legend.

The figure is based on the Siege Megatron mold (Seen on the right) and it's probably the best this mold has ever looked, and is a good note to finally go out on if the rumors of an '86 Megatron are to be believed - Poor mold was pretty abused, being used and retooled like 11 times. They did a fantastic job on this Megatron, IMO. I love the hazard striping (Why is Megatron wearing human hazard striping millions of years before we exist? Shut your mouth, that's why.) and the darker colors. He comes with an energon pickaxe and a drill accessory that I love as a precursor to his fusion canon. Mine was shipped with the knees built backwards which made it really hard for him to stand, and was apparently a common problem with this release. Luckily I had a pin punch from a previous toy repair otherwise I'd never have been able to fix it.

k5dtt49.jpg
    (There's a way to incorporate the pick-axe into the drill mode, but this is what the instructions show)
    This alt mode isn't just an h-tank or a drill tank, it's a drill h-tank! Yeah, this absolutely would not work in real life, and it's probably the weakest part of this figure, but you had to do something. At least the colors are nice.

Overall, like I said, this is a really good version of this mold, and a cool bit of transformers historia.

7nhG16i.jpg
    (Alpha Trion on the right, Senator Ratbat on the left, hailing a cab I guess?)

Senator Ratbat.. okay, this is a slightly a weird one. So in the Marvel comics, the cassette characters, even the animals, were full characters, including Ratbat, who as the Decepticon fuel auditer, eventually showed up on Earth to chew out the local Decepticons for costing them way more energy than they were recovering and started putting the screws to Shockwave. Ratbat stuck around on Earth and when Shockwave was taken out of the picture, he became leader of the Decepticons for a time. Yes, a cassette was leader the Decepticons. The Marvel comics are wild. Anyway, in IDW, this idea of him being a figure of authority was reimagined, turning him into Senator Ratbat, a full bodied but corrupt Senator who starts working with the Decepticons to try and profit off of them. After the Decepticons take over, Soundwave rips out his spark and puts it into a cassette body as punishment for his support of Functionism.

This is him, pre-cassette, and he looks fantastic. His boxart shows his side-wings up higher, looking more like bat wings, but they can't actually do that. He's based on the Studio Series '86 Scourge mold (that was also used for the "Hero is Born" Alpha Trion, seen above), likely due to spaceship kibble looking like wings or a cloak. He looks pretty good, definitely fills the role. He comes with a blaster, but like, who cares?

3lJVKwW.jpg

Like, Alpha Trion, his altmode is a, uh, weird boat-lookin' spaceship thing, which kind of sucks because it was a unique altmode for Scourge/the Sweeps and being they were Unicronian made, it's weird seeing it show up on old cybertronian Transformers. Whatever, it's fine. The retooling they do is appreciated, but they really still look very similar.

Finally, we'll do a two-for with the "Humble Origins" 2-pack of Senator Shockwave and Data Clerk Orion Pax.

HGReDDs.jpg
    (I'd do some comparison picks with other versions of the mold, but you've seen the seeker mold before and both my Hound and Detritus are still in the packaging.)

Senator Shockwave was introduced into the comics without his name being said, leaving the user in suspense about who this friend of Orion Pax was until a big reveal: the character was aa staunch critic of the senate he served in. Then one day he ran afoul of his fellow Senators and was subjected to Empurata, the punitive removal of one's hands and face, as well as Shadowplay, mind reprogramming, to remove his emotions, turning Senator Shockwave into the logical, one-eyed purple mad scientist we all know. Meanwhile, Orion Pax is listed as a data clerk, but that was his job in the Aligned continuity; in IDW he was a cop, but I guess since the used a smaller figure, they decided to make him a data clerk instead.

Senator Shockwave is based on the Siege Seeker mold, which is another mold that's been used and redone to hell and back. It works for Shockwave here (seen in his later "Ultra Magnus" inspired colors) but, I dunno, not a big fan of the mold, but it gets the job done I guess. Worst part is his tiny feet. He only comes with his little arm wings that plug into the 5mm ports on his arms. Orion Pax is a retool of the Siege Hound figure and while they did a decent job, Pax in the comics started off a big guy so it's a little weird to get this shrimpy version. (I believe they've said they want to do the full supercop version later down the line.) He's fine as well, and comes with a drum fun rifle and a big battleaxe. Actually the more I look at him, the less he looks like IDW Orion, aside from his chest. Everything else is just off, even the head (Pax wore a facemask most of the time.). Man, this was a weird choice.

VQTkE3h.jpg

In alt-mode, Pax looks basically nothing like he does in the comic and Shockwave never transformed on panel while he was a Senator so they got free reign on that one. He looks fine, Pax at least looks like a vehicle. Honestly, Pax, like Hound, looks a little too earth-mode for me, and while the Siege mode never looked great for a tetrajet, it works as it's own thing for Shockwave here.

Overall, this was a weaker set to the super awesome Megatron/Ratbat set, but it's cool to get that weird version of Shockwave. I'd probably replace Pax with a larger, more accurate version of they ever released him.

Still got one more Blast from the Past left, stay tuned.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    I warned you all this was coming: Blast from the Past Part 4, featuring the Pre-War Cybertron Collection Deadeye Duel 2-pack and Nova Prime. (No Nacelle, I had no desire for a random siege seeker)
    Pm3xEk5.jpg

First up let's look at possibly the weirdest character choice I have ever seen for one of these things, with the Deadeye Duel 2-Pack: Senate Guard Autobot Javelin vs Ascenticon Kaskade
    Tqxu4H9.jpg
    (I am absolutely wasting your bandwidth on this hi-res shot of mostly blank space.)

Now you might be asking "Who?" which is a good response. Javelin was a minor character first introduced in IDW1 where she didn't do much, or even transform. She was brought back in IDW2 as a sniper for Cybertron's Security Operations, where she got into a duel with Kaskade, who managed to shoot Javelin in the head, though Javelin survived. Who is Kaskade? She was a member of a terrorist organization known as The Rise (secretly being controlled by Megatron, himself an "Ascenticon") who shot Javelin in the head and got blown up almost immediately afterwards, spending the rest of her time in the comic in a coma. Javelin went on to have PTSD from the incident and her trying to overcome it becomes the crux of the rest of her character arc in the comic. THE END. They simplified Kaskade's origins to just being an Ascenticon (precursor to the Decepticons in that universe), weirdly making Ascenticon an official branding thing now, but I have no idea where they got "Senate Guard" for Javelin other than to fit her into the theme of the overall set more. She was basically planetary security, not a bodyguard.

So yeah, a fairly obscure recent character and an extremely obscure recent character. I don't think I've ever seen two lower tier characters like this jump into a toyline this quickly. It's wild this thing exists at all and I love it.

jCWua1S.jpg
    (Siege Chromia on the left, Kaskade on the right)

We'll start with Kaskade, who is a retool of Siege Chromia (seen above) who herself shares engineering with the female combiner limbs from way back in Power of the Prime and, between the two versions, that makes Kaskade the seventh usage of this engineering. For a character that they could have made from almost anybody, it's a little disappointing they picked this mold. The toy is fine and comes with all of Chromia's accessories (two grenades, a gun and a scope/barrel) plus another scope and another barrel. I have it arranged in the default configuration but you can mess around with it. The lack of transparent plastic makes the figure feel sturdier than the Siege version, and her colors are great. The head sculpt is fantastic (though the eyepiece isn't her default look, it pops into place when she shoots) and I don't really have much else to say about this figure. I'm lukewarm on the mold at this point (I didn't hate it originally, but I somehow own seven copies of it now and I'm pretty done.) The obscurity of the character really did a lot of the heavy lifting on getting me to pick this up.

eUY2Si2.jpg

Vehicle mode is about what you'd expect, though the flat color instead of transparent plastic gives it a more striking look. They also put a 5mm port in her chest so you can place her longer rifle back further in vehicle mode, which is a nice touch.

Next up is Javelin
    VqOgeVG.jpg
    (One of the few non-movie figures retooled from a movie figure, Studio Series Bumblebee Arcee on the left, Javelin on the right.)

This was a bit of bizarrely inspired choice, which I'll get into, but Javelin looks pretty great. She has a fantastic head sculpt, straight from the comic and BB Arcee is a great mold to start with. She has a lot of retooling over Arcee and where she doesn't clever usages of paint really make those parts hit differently than they do on Arcee. Excellent use of color on this one. She has a few spots of weirdness that don't blend into the Generations aesthetic (like her toes) but that's easily disregarded.

I4MTqKv.jpg
    I'm nearly positive this comes about solely because I think someone at Hasbro saw this pic of her alt-mode, while drunk, and figured they could get a second use of the BB Arcee toy due to it (a lot of film toys never get redeco'd or retooled). Like, you can see how they got there, and can even respect them for it, but woooooow it's a leap.

Now, while she has a sniper rifle with barrel extension and sight addon, Arcee had two guns which Javelin doesn't have, meaning you can't cover up her fists in vehicle mode, unless you do this little trick:
    00zwd00.jpg
    (It fits, covers up the hands and only feels SLIGHTLY janky!

Next-up is the big guy, the OG, the first Prime since the original 13, Nova Prime.
    UrDSXeh.jpg
    (This is a dude, retooled from a dude, retooled from a dude who was originally a redeco of the second dude.)

Nova Prime, originally named "Prime Nova," was an off the cuff mention of the lineage of Primes from Simon Furman's run on Marvel G1 (Prima, Prime Nova, Sentinel Prime, Optimus Prime) and neve appeared in the comic. When Furman came back for IDW, he brought back the idea, this time an actual character, named Nova Prime, now turned Nemesis Prime and possessed by an evil entity. Further context from other writers would illustrate that with Alpha Trion's help he ascended to the rank of Prime and... basically became a huge fascist asshole, instituting functionism and decided "all shall be one" meant a great Cybertronian empire conquering all of the lesser species and enslaving them to their cause. Dumbass tried to invade another universe and got sucked into a a dead one before he could do too much damage in the main universe, but he finally reappears in modern times, possessed by "the darkness" and going by Nemesis Prime and get into slap fights with Optimus from time to time. He never interacted with Optimus prior to the modern era though, so him being in this set is a bit of an anachronism if we're going by IDW. He also briefly showed up in the Transformers: Devastation videogame, which is apparently the appearance this toy is based on.

Zv7DNyC.jpg
    (I was worried Nova Prime would blend into the white background so I pulled out some graph paper.

While based on Devastation Nova Prime, the toy itself is a retool of Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (Which in itself was a take on the Optimus from Transformers: Cybertron), which was a retool of the Siege Ultra Magnus mold, in a rare time where he wasn't a redeco of Optimus Prime. Whew, got all that? I don't own Magnus so he's next to Earthrise Optimus. The basic figure just looks too much like Optimus to me, in the head sculpt at least. Rest of him is different enough and he has some cool transformation things going on where you have to line up a ridge on his back to slide a piece up an down between two halves of the toy without ever disconnecting the piece. It's wild! There isn't a base mode or anything to do something with the rest of the vehicle in robot mode though, which is weird.

9OcrBtv.jpg
    (Now this guy stands out from the white background)

Here's Nova Prime fully armored up into his super mode, which looks damn awesome and makes him look both regal and intimidating. He's a bit taller than Optimus now, but he's got a ton of bulk as well. His feet even have really big flip-out struts making him very stable in this mode, especially with the chunky ratcheted hips. There's a lot of retooling in this mode and his wings look fantastic. He's got a pair of black rifles, the big guns on his back can swing forward and he can use them as massive, underslung cannons. (Something inherited from Cybertron Optimus Prime)

1EfTfXP.jpg
    (Not the truck you want to see pull up to your fire)

In vehicle mode he turns into a white with black and grey futuristic firetruck, an alt-mode also inherited from Cybertron Optimus. I can see why many people were unhappy with this figure when it was Ultra Magnus. The vehicle mode isn't fun to assemble out of his super mode kibble and some parts are really just "wedge them into this empty cavity." and it doesn't feel like you're doing it right. Plus it wouldn't work as a carrier, but a firetruck doesn't have to worry about that so it works better for Nova Prime.

So yeah, that's the end of my little sojourn through pre-earth Transformers stuff. It's fun having these things as they give me all sorts of what-if scenarios and alternate histories.
    9XVS8aV.jpg

But really, I just wanted to recreate the shot from the leaked concept art from Transformers One.
    mwGU6vU.jpg

• Options
    Ok, sharing time!!! I got my Hot Wheels Optimus Prime over the weekend and took some photos, but didn't have enough time to write up my feelings about it. Now that I have had some time to spend with it I have to say this thing is super clever and I wish that they made this thing a mainline release so more people could enjoy it!!! It is heavy and made about 90% metal. There are some plastic joints for the shoulders and arms, but not much. The wheels are rubber and I know this is something that Hot Wheels collectors like, but I'd rather have them as hard plastic like the old wheels (plus they will last longer than rubber).

The packaging is awesome and I will not toss it. Well ok, I tossed the brown shipping box that it came in (after I took photos of it since it made me laugh a bit). Like the description said, they give you both the plastic housing to display Optimus Prime in robot mode or in truck mode (with the cardboard backing being two sided to represent both modes). I didn't take the gun out since I don't want it flopping around and wish they made the plastic tray clip it in there, but that's ok. The red paint job is absolutely awesome and quite stunning in hand. Overall I have to say that it is worth the $80 to me given how heavy he is, that he isn't just a shrunken down G1 toy, and something that is a hybrid Hot Wheels car and Transformer. Sadly my copy had some glue in his left wrist area (that I didn't notice till after I took these photos) but it was easy to clear out.

So here are the photo spam for the thread!!!!

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_01.jpg?rlkey=l90vn9z53knpix2wwj8h1ive9&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_02.jpg?rlkey=omzuktv7k2cexm9n802hoz2vw&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_03.jpg?rlkey=iuk9zqur8bmotkjqt4css2qyr&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_04.jpg?rlkey=roeg6bdcrus7cvht58vbgka19&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_05.jpg?rlkey=33ukylqkv84w58e40898za937&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_06.jpg?rlkey=p1f1yfmifovbp6d3tzpyhipia&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_07.jpg?rlkey=e0wdeltyc5dp833s34vvmqhsw&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_08.jpg?rlkey=j1ww303cwsych1ulzfdsbuvcz&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_09.jpg?rlkey=n7xbt7mhd8cls7wuekyo8oxkk&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_10.jpg?rlkey=fldsry7ybv5elmc6b68j7wtdk&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_11.jpg?rlkey=c3rzhw4r3cweufpdedan9s92m&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_12.jpg?rlkey=5hlo3dtgkxvw0iy1t27ziqj76&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_13.jpg?rlkey=fnoyc693g9217wj2oli2hzs5u&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_14.jpg?rlkey=4d9m6ljbruryyfu3xox4r0h8b&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_15.jpg?rlkey=pbvq5k09hqbm9twmv27mom00v&raw=1

Hot_Wheels_Optimus_Prime_16.jpg?rlkey=u2lkoelxsjo1il6m0mcqxfa3q&raw=1

Bonus! I bought the MP-44S for the toy look on a Hasbro Pulse sale to go with my Toy MP Megatron. So here is a photo of MP-44S, C-02 (Missing Link Optimus Prime [super articulated G1 toy which I will review later]), Walmart rerelease G1 Optimus Prime, and Hot Wheels Optimus Prime.

Optimus_Prime_Toy.jpg?rlkey=uxugvoa6qcxgz1h1u1dj4lscb&raw=1

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    MelonTronMelonTron Registered User regular
    Don't know if it's just me, but the images aren't showing up. I want to see cool robots!

• Options
    They don't show up on mobile (even in desktop mode) but did on desktop.

Anywho, congrats on grabbing this. It was far too pricey for me to consider but I'm glad you manage to snag an order before they sold out.

• Options
    edited May 31
    MelonTron wrote: »
    Don't know if it's just me, but the images aren't showing up. I want to see cool robots!

Sorry! I just realized that the dropbox cheat doesn't work on mobile.

Here are photos for mobile!
    3n4tgtc384dq.jpg

rrsoo9842tsi.jpg

jvm5ij4vx5dj.jpg

bzva83j7tpsy.jpg

7q2nqrgps8oc.jpg

xrauhbaujpfi.jpg

t2yzgmpaypff.jpg

ech86t71h5hh.jpg

0x2c7s9nhrbf.jpg

17d8bds5jw27.jpg

nazadgeunkcr.jpg

q0op1pqc35ww.jpg

0v8zeplrsdae.jpg

v3i0jln29cui.jpg

964i205f0pkw.jpg

qtsk8kzej22m.jpg

hl0vr7m0f3d1.jpg
    They don't show up on mobile (even in desktop mode) but did on desktop.

Anywho, congrats on grabbing this. It was far too pricey for me to consider but I'm glad you manage to snag an order before they sold out.

Thanks! yeah, I was online right as it dropped so snagged it as quickly as I could. Plus I already was logged into PayPal to speed that process up. Which was good since people were having issues with the site's card processor. I understand the price tag as being a huge barrier. It actually made me pause thinking if I really wanted it.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    It's an interesting concept, but at $80 you could get Newage or Magic Square's Legends scale offering, which will include a trailer at that price point. And a superior transformation. But that's just my valuation, I'm glad you like it!

• Options
    I already have the NewAge Prime, but got the one without the trailer. Never bought the Magic Square one since I was hoping they would release a V2 Shattered Glass Prime. I should have just bought the rerelease regular Prime and then they would have brought out the SG version.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I appreciate you sharing! It was tempting but yeah I just couldn’t follow through.

And thank you Scottsman and everyone else when you share, I love seeing everyone’s enthusiasm and thoughts and reviews on stuff
    Betsuni wrote: »
    gpwv4n1taejm.jpeg

I will live vicariously through you if you do

Edit: Also, now I can only see Samus... Which is awesome.

And I’ll have to share this soon. I kept waffling on it, decided to go for it…and it was sold out. A couple days later I happened to check again and it was in stock again so I figured it was a sign, and then I discovered I had like $25 in Showz money? I made an account years ago and never really used it and it seemed like some promo money they gave out at some point? So it was even cheaper!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    That Matchbox Prime is spectacular.

I'm in the middle of Walmart-exclusive hell with my MOTU collection where two snake men are semi-exclusive to the chain which sucks. I was hoping they'd pop up on BBTS at some point, but for now, I'm visiting the toy aisles again for the first time in years hoping to spot them in the wild. The stupid part is I need to reorganize my shelves, but I keep putting it off until I have them in hand - I probably should just go ahead and start, knowing as soon I finish that I'll find the figures.

• Options
    Well I'm glad I never gave in and bought the Ark just for the Mainframe (Teletraan I) toy part for display. Takara is bringing out a three pack with Mainframe, Optimus Prime, and Jazz. All three are reissues, but now I can get Teletraan I for display!

So far they are only available in Japan, but I'm sure the US shops will have them up for pre-order as well.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-170842

https://www.hlj.com/transformers-dramatic-capture-series-autobot-headquarters-tkt94594

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0D5PLCG31/

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I only want Mainframe, definitely don’t need another Jazz or Optimus, especially with SS86 Optimus on the horizon

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Deal Alert:
    The second TFxJurassic Park collab with Nedrybot and Dilophocon is on sale for $25

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Collaborative-Jurassic-Dilophocon-Exclusive/dp/B0BS4D3GMG?ref_=ast_sto_dp

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    Showing as $49 for me:( still discounted though

Nobody on
  • Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    Showing as $49 for me:( still discounted though

Aw bummer, it was one of those lightning deals where it had a % claimed, it was at 12% when I posted, people must have snatched it up.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 7
    Hasbro has announced their next HasLab. This time around for the Star Wars Vintage collection.

It's a playset interior for the Mos Eisley Cantina!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJsYO7SzVFU

Standard version is $399, with a deluxe version (that fills out the other side of the bar) being $499.

That... is QUITE high, IMO, but this is HasLab we're talking about.

They also only gave it a month to fund.

I hope all the action figures can be removed from their packaging safely. It didn't look like it, but that was one of the selling points for all the figures included.

(also what's up with their music choice? It sounds like it is trying to invoke the Mandalorian theme, but.. Star Wars is RIGHT there!)

Edit: (also also couldn't they have covered up the top of the bar area in some way rather than exposing the plastic backings/supports? Just layer some plastic over that.)

Athenor on
  • Options
    Huh. Wasn't expecting to actually find something while out shopping today!

e4AgK6bl.jpg

He's so tiny compared to the box!

... Okay, to be fair, I also saw the Leader Optimus Primal and Studio Series Optimus Primal out on the shelves today too.

• Options
    This guy.. this effin' guy...

First and foremost, the robot mode is DEFINITELY the star of the show. Fitting, because of the concept art source of this. Tons of articulation, tons of detail... And a face that looks right out of Terminator.

dbszA6zh.jpg

V4valPkh.jpg

This is definitely not something you see often in Hasbro toys - articulated fingers! I don't think it is every finger, but it is decidedly all the joints, which is.. damn, show off.

QVxkymQh.jpg

WhzCcGFh.jpg

Oh, and weapon storage. For.. some reason.

nzBeGVxh.jpg

Onto the alt modes... which both have a ton of tabs to lock things into place, and also are really hard to figure out how to get everything aligned right. So apologies for the mistransformations.

As is customary, he has a tank mode. It's pretty much tucking his head between his legs and then holding his cannon over him. There's a REALLY big open gap where his head sits. Just super obvious. If a 3rd party decides to make a kit for this set (which it really doesn't need), then this is the most likely thing you'll see improved. The arms/cannons are also kind of strange, because they are supposed to be in this wedge pattern that allows the barrel to move up and down.

qR3hoFbh.jpg

sFWeNAXh.jpg

AWLQjgKh.jpg

Jet mode is very inspired by the 2000s aesthetic of Megatron - the Energon jet, the 2007 movie rendition, and the jet mode of Transformers Animated. I dig it. Still, there are a lot of pieces that peg in with strange bits, and the exposed pieces really does make it seem like a robot turned over itself. They do a much better job of hiding big gaps, however, and the large cannon does double as a giant thruster.

xSBmfBTh.jpg

BENS0N1h.jpg

el1lVJzh.jpg

So all in all... not bad! He's quite a bit on the small side for a leader, in my opinion, but the amount of detail and such that worked into him was really impressive. I think this is my favorite "movie" style Megs that I've owned. There is definitely room for improvement, but.. well, you can say that about any toy, yeah?

• Options
    edited June 10
    I absolutely love the BB Megatron figure. It has some crazy articulation and a ton of fan modes. Someone even made a "Rex" mode somewhere...

So thanks to @Undead Scottsman I now own the Ratbat and Megatron two pack.

3hcwq5tp2b2q.jpg

dnfbdfxsyy94.jpg

I loved the miner Megatron figure and now I don't have the urge to buy the 3P version. Didn't really care for the Ratbat, but love the photos that Undead Scottsman shared so it pushed me over the edge to buy the set on sale.

Edit: Transforming them I realized they packed them with their heels folded in. No wonder they couldn't stand worth beans. Hahaha!

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    New wave of United figures is up.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/06/13/transformers-legacy-united-wave-4-leader-soundwave-g1-toy-prime-more-official-pics-and-links-513439#more-513439

Unfortunately, one of the new pulse exlusives was Emerate Xaaron, a comic-only character from old Marvel. I want that figure, but it was behind the Pulse Premium paywall, so I had to wait an hour. In that time, Slipstream sold out, which was one of the two other figures I wanted. So either I need to go elsewhere and pay extra for shipping, or hope they restock soon.

I'm just so tired of this.

• Options
    I like the 3 pack of GoBot recolors, but I’m not sure I want it for $75

• Options
    I pre-ordered the Optimus Prime (which seems like a cheaper Missing Link Prime) and Buzzsaw with Soundwave, Frenzy (Rumble), and Ravage accessories.

Nobody wrote: »
    I like the 3 pack of GoBot recolors, but I’m not sure I want it for $75

Yeah, I'm on the fence for the GoBots as well. I want the Pathfinder, somewhat want the Small foot and Treads. Not enough to preorder the set, so will wait if it'll go on sale or just sell out. Still available so I'm guessing it might not sell out.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited June 14
    Ooh, I just saw they're finally doing a "proper" G1 Quake. Gonna be mandatory for me to go with Needlenose and Spinister.

And I'm kinda tempted by the redeco of the Windblade mold.

EDIT: Also I dunno if it's just bad pictures, but Metalhawk's plastic looks cheap. Like, dollar store knockoff cheap.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Yeah the original release of Metalhawk looked cheap and I was hoping this refresh with new colors would fix it but nah, easy pass

The GoBots are neat but I have all the original releases of those molds. If they did the toy colors with unique heads instead, I would have been all about it, especially Pathfinder

Quake’s colors are so off, and that tank is rough, but still buying it. Makes me wish for a Takara premium edition with fixed paint and the decals

Slipstream is a yes, I liked that mold

G1 Prime is a yes, though he’s smaller than I anticipated

Not buying that Soundwave for a third time, wish I could just get the cassettes

Flame and Xaaron have interesting bot modes but those alt modes are yikes, easy pass for characters I don’t know. I looked up Flame’s actual tank mode in the comic and I would’ve preordered if it looked like that

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Oops, forgot to post this yesterday: transformation video for that HeatBoys TMNT Leonardo that transforms into a van:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQH-1Wmztds

Humanoid mode looks great, and I admire the overall accomplishment, but that transformation looks fiddly and meticulous in a way that I do not find enjoyable.

• Options
    Yeah, impressive engineering, but just so many little flaps and panels to fold around, doesn’t look enjoyable to actually transform

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 20
    Just realized my copy of Magmatron never arrived and apparently was shipped DHL and hasn't been seen since the 2nd of June. Phone call time!

EDIT: Phone Call Time is tomorrow I guess, they close at 9 EST which happens to be an hour before I get home from work. :tongue:

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    So with Hasbro making that Animated Motormaster, I wonder if DNA will also do a repainted powerup kit for it

I know it’s not accurate to anything but it would be rad

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Hasbro will have you covered on the repaint part, I'm sure.