As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Decline of Western [Twitter]ization

19596979899101»

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Voting is an expression of your political power. Because your vote has power, it means something.

But not voting - withholding your power from those you deem unworthy of it - is, not an expression of power. It doesn't mean something.

🤔

Sorry, this idea that not voting isn't a valid expression of one's political power doesn't seem to hold up to basic scrutiny.

If your preferred candidate did not win, but you feel they would have won if my vote had been cast for them... that means my not voting had an effect!

DarkPrimus on
    usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    FANTOMASMan in the MistsReynolds
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Pugs are a working breed, in the sense that they have to work pretty hard to keep their lungs functional.

Kane Red Robe
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Damn, the real downfall of twitter is here

You can no longer check out my character in Granblue Fantasy

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Maddoc
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Votes are a form of feedback communication with a touch of bureaucratic math. The difference between voting and not voting is kind of like the difference between posting and not posting, except with the bonus that administrators change contingent on everyone's decisions.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    Votes are a form of feedback communication with a touch of bureaucratic math. The difference between voting and not voting is kind of like the difference between posting and not posting, except with the bonus that administrators change contingent on everyone's decisions.

This analogy is terrible.

usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    DouglasDangerToxMaddocUrsusshoeboxjeddyOdindestroyah87KetarKristmas KthulhuOghulkPoorochondriacMagellZonugalEtheatynicSonelanFANTOMASBloodsheedHacksawMan in the MistsKadithReynoldsLokarnUndead ScottsmanVegemyteBucketman
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    It's perfectly fine to not vote, the vote or die thing is a dumb fantasy, doubly so in the USA, considering the electoral college exist

If you want to tell someone to vote, you should fuck off

Anon the FelonMan in the Mists
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Animal breeding that is purely about the aesthetics of the animal, is animal abuse and it's people trying to pretend it isn't.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Talking about voting or not voting is just a waste of time I feel like? Like the space of a single conversation is too much time to waste thinking about it. May as well just do the voting and move on. Everywhere I’ve been somewhere down the ballot is the person who’ll otherwise win by 1 vote because this sub sub sub district only has 4 voters and somehow make it illegal for apartments to have roofs.I think getting fixated on the people you see in large media markets hides the like fundamentally hand-washing nature of turning in a ballot.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Paladin wrote: »

This analogy is terrible.

I see you’ve met Paladin.

Einzel
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I feel from the observation of an outsider, if I lived in America I wouldn’t vote. It’s too fucking depressing. It feels shitty to say, but I’d struggle to get past how bad you two party system is.

My country isn’t perfect and I often think that our politicians are also useless and are shitheads, but I can at least show up and think my vote isn’t a fucking water.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Before this is locked I want it written down that I vote in like 70% of elections

ZeroCow
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    How do we feel about places where voting is mandatory?

I'm thinking they don't have enough freedom because they aren't America

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    I don't vote because voting is what Congress does and Congress is fucking terrible.

No I don't.
    Captain InertiaToxDarkPrimusBloodsheed
This discussion has been closed.