As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Primordial Annihilator

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Primordial Annihilator!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Primordial Annihilator

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    We haven't had a VHS player for 15 years.

Family never had a camera, so only missing out on recordings of ST:TNG.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    'Primordial Annihilator' is a 40K reference to the power of Chaos, incidentally. But who am I kidding, you all know this.

H9f4bVe.png
  • ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular
    I feel like this is probably how other people feel when I try to show them my home videos... Everyone only wants to see the ones they're in!

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    That fucking cut against Geoff at the end cracked me up bad. Also it's pretty cool to see Jerry circa turn of the century lol.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    MichaelLC wrote: »

As he clarified in the news post, this was not VHS but whatever shit the particular camcorder used.

I have a similar tape of my wedding, that I have been meaning to get into a non-infernal format for over almost 15 years now. I think it might be easier to just get divorced.

dennis on
  • DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    dennis wrote: »

As he clarified in the news post, this was not VHS but whatever shit the particular camcorder used.

I have a similar tape of my wedding, that I have been meaning to get into a non-infernal format for over almost 15 years now. I think it might be easier to just get divorced.

If it’s digital, You most likley have a MiniDV tape. You need a MiniDV Camcorder with a Firewire plug and a FireWire Card for your PC. With Linux (Ububtu or Linux Mint should work) and the program Kino you can import the footage to a digital format.

Edit: Forget Windows, most of the drivers and software for these camcorders are WinXP and won’t run on a modern OS.

Dratatoo on
    Dratatoo wrote: »
    dennis wrote: »

If it’s digital, You most likley have a MiniDV tape. You need a MiniDV Camcorder with a Firewire plug and a FireWire Card for your PC. With Linux (Ububtu or Linux Mint should work) and the program Kino you can import the footage to a digital format.

Edit: Forget Windows, most of the drivers and software for these camcorders are WinXP and won’t run on a modern OS.

Yeah, sorry, maybe should have said I know HOW to do it. It's just getting the camcorder, getting a machine with firewire, getting the program, etc. and actually doing it that's the trouble.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Send it to Costco. They convert to a disc.

edited April 2023
    Send it to Costco. They convert to a disc.

Thanks, but I wasn't trying to get tech support.

dennis on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Hey dennis, have you tried ow ow why are you throwing shoes at me

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]