As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forum memoria

1789101113»

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    "At long last, clarity! No more guessing at unknowable truths! The whole world is a simulation and everything we do is ultimately pointless, meaning we can find fulfillment in whatever we want without worrying about legacy or social standing!"

and that's why existentialism is the best philosophical framework

LucedesFCDMadican
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    yeah like

nothing is stopping you from doing that now

any external signifier of meaning is actually contained within this system by virtue of touching it and thus just pushes the question of meaning one step further without resolving it, so you might as well make whatever meaning you want out of life

3cl1ps3sarukunMrMonroe
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    hello internet.

been awhile.

Fuck off and die.
    mrpakusarukunKane Red Robe
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    yeah like

any external signifier of meaning is actually contained within this system by virtue of touching it and thus just pushes the question of meaning one step further without resolving it, so you might as well make whatever meaning you want out of life

Depression says hello

mrpaku
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    hello internet.

been awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vrY1UL5lYs

wVEsyIc.png
    Peter Ebel
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    hello internet.

been awhile.

yo

Peter Ebel
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    yeah like

Depression says hello

why would it say hello when it's been here the whole time

jmcdonaldMadican
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    yeah like

Depression says hello

why would it say hello when it's been here the whole time

Because it’s come to talk to you again

BLM - ACAB
    MechMantismrpakuRhesus PositiveinitiatefailureAndy JoeMadican3cl1ps3Kristmas KthulhuMunkus BeaverDisruptedCapitalistTynnanBucketman
  • Judge Jessie WJudge Jessie W Registered User regular
    Y'all remember Wiggin?

I don't know why I thought of that, other than this being the olden days thread.

I heard tell she transitioned, got help for her anxiety and depression, surrounded herself with people who love her, stopped being a shrieking ball of white hot incandescent rage 24/7, helped organize the first union at eBay
    Legends say she still lurks occasionally, but mostly just paints Warhammer, or smokes a bunch of weed and watches Star Trek with her girlfriends

A Dabble Of TheloniusJedocMortal SkyexpendableKane Red RobeDarkPrimusCrippl3ChalltynicRedTideDisruptedCapitalistMulysaSemproniuswebguy20MagellKristmas KthulhuElaroHacksawStraightzichromdomSkeithMechMantisTynnanDysPoorochondriacAl_watStericaagoajGnizmo3cl1ps3PeewiZonugalMatevBucketmansponoRhesus PositiveSirToastyDiarmuidTefProlegomenaIoloHadesRingoVegemyteTankHammerDoodmannMysstBloodsheedTonkkaMrMonroeHeavyVillainvalhalla130cabsy
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Y'all remember Wiggin?

I don't know why I thought of that, other than this being the olden days thread.

I heard tell she transitioned, got help for her anxiety and depression, surrounded herself with people who love her, stopped being a shrieking ball of white hot incandescent rage 24/7, helped organize the first union at eBay
    Legends say she still lurks occasionally, but mostly just paints Warhammer, or smokes a bunch of weed and watches Star Trek with her girlfriends

Well fuck yeah, I'll listen to some ska in nostalgic honor.

I'm happy as hell for her.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    expendableKane Red RobeJedocwebguy20Kristmas KthulhuElaroTynnanagoaj3cl1ps3BucketmanRhesus PositiveIoloDoodmann
    Y'all remember Wiggin?

<3

• expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Y'all remember Wiggin?

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
    Kane Red RobeA Dabble Of TheloniusJudge Jessie Wwebguy20Kristmas KthulhuTynnanPoorochondriac3cl1ps3MatevBucketmanIoloDouglasDangerPerrsunsarukunMarek
    Things I actually remember:

Unfair banning competition
    Whining forum v1 and v2
    Unified
    Tube tormenting his roommate while she played Amensia: The Dark Descent
    Skull Man's cat snacker post
    That one clown penis drawing
    A Gang of Daggers? Swords? The guy who posted in WB awith his incredibly detailed and kind of monotonous isekai (even if we didnt have the word then) that he had mapped out before he had even shown anyone the first thing

A Dabble Of Thelonius
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I very much enjoy that Gang of Daggers still gets joked about to this day every now and then.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    agoajBucketmanRhesus PositiveSirToastyDoodmannEndless_Serpents
    Every time I go to Taco Bell I think about that one Captain K post

Oh god I just remembered the Still Alive parody he did about SpectreX for a forum battle that prominently featured the f slur

Which unlocked a memory of "Defender wrote, verb yourself" etc

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I very much enjoy that Gang of Daggers still gets joked about to this day every now and then.

It's one of those phrases that my BFF can whisper to me (or vice versa) to this day and still elicit a giggle

usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    Ringo

I reconnected with antimatter a while back and the number of times I've sent her "gang of daggers" unprompted is decidedly nonzero

webguy20A Dabble Of TheloniusMortal SkyBucketmanRingoTankHammerDoodmann
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    A duck! wrote: »
    I agree, but the G&T chat thread was... something else. I find it weird people complain about SE with the shit that was going on in there.

A lot of us in G&T avoided that thread entirely, too.

Bit late, but for folks who weren't around at the time, the g&t chat thread was just.... Something else. It was the equivalent of a discord channel with thousands of active users - you would be typing a response and it'd appear three pages later. It was honestly like the equivalent of having conversations in a crowded bar with tons of other conversations going on at the same time - you had to learn how to mentally filter, because otherwise it was simply impenetrable.

It was the right decision to remove it, but I still feel that removing system megathreads at the same time was a bad idea, because they were general areas where people could talk about stuff which didn't warrant a separate thread, but whatever.

The treehouse forum which resulted from that is still active (although it required a good bit of banning on their end too) but it ended up going along the same moral arc that SE++ has with regards to politics and LGBTQ and such, which has always amused me.

Doodmannvalhalla130
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I've said it before and I'll say it again

discovering that I've been in the Matrix my whole life would be an enormous weight off my shoulders

me, discovering the matrix is real

cstrs3ypt50x.png

7656367.jpg
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod

it's nice to have left a legacy

Knob wrote: »

i also think about this old band of yours that you gave me mp3s from that had a really bad ripoff of that one Parasites song that's just the melody from that one Queers song, I've been trying to find Hannah Thinks I'm Stupid for like a decade since I lost them

i also think about this old band of yours that you gave me mp3s from that had a really bad ripoff of that one Parasites song that's just the melody from that one Queers song, I've been trying to find Hannah Thinks I'm Stupid for like a decade since I lost them

holy shit, that band was years in my past before I even joined, that was like my high school band. I haven't thought about that shit in ages

I think I have the albums on CD somewhere. I should probably dump them on youtube or something before the discs rot and that pile of embarrassment is gone for good

Magic Pink

holy shit, that band was years in my past before I even joined, that was like my high school band. I haven't thought about that shit in ages

I think I have the albums on CD somewhere. I should probably dump them on youtube or something before the discs rot and that pile of embarrassment is gone for good

Do it just so I can exorcise this song from my head by learning to play it.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I can’t believe no one has mentioned “See you on the flip side”

YL9WnCY.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I've got some CDs that knob sent me from a different band he was in laying around someplace I think?

I don't have anything to play a cd in anymore even though except in my car.

I remember liking the music a lot though I need to get a external CD drive or something.

I say "comedy option Larlar" constantly and my girlfriends stare at me.

I've got some CDs that knob sent me from a different band he was in laying around someplace I think?

I don't have anything to play a cd in anymore even though except in my car.

I remember liking the music a lot though I need to get a external CD drive or something.

Pretty sure you have the two Russian Made Robots albums. I have all the RMR stuff on a youtube playlist:

Fun fact: we did the intro and top 8 music for Mortal Kombat at Evo 2012

https://youtu.be/KfjwNAaTfJU

TallahasseerielCrippl3IoloA Dabble Of TheloniusRingoMortal Sky
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    You are correct because I found them in a bin in my closet after posting about it.

And that's awesome about the mortal Kombat evo thing.