As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forum memoria

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    If I'd known ten years ago we'd get this bug I would have bookmarked some absolutely heinous shit for posterity

but let's face it, most of the really good/bad stuff pre-dates the Vanilla transition.

I've been trying in vain to find some of my favorite threads, namely, and I quote, "is tidus gay?", "look at this BEAR", and this massive write-up debating which Sailor Senshi were the best.

Jupiter. No contest.

She was the winner, but still, we'll agree to disagree.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I stumbled upon the old America's Army thread and I know that game was government propaganda and all,
    but with 95% of that thread's posters having now come out as trans I feel like I they were more effective than they realized but they turned the machine on in reverse.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I have no bookmarks and a poor memory

Yeah I don't bookmark anything and just kind of slide from thread to thread. I think you used to be able to see a history of your own posts and I wish that was still available cause I couldn't remember where I asked a particular question.

Post history never went away. Here's yours: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/comments/MegaMan001

Although it's a bit inconvenient. It doesn't have pages, you have to keep clicking "more comments".

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Huh I saw the thread title and assumed someone had died

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    moana is the best sailor

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »
    If I'd known ten years ago we'd get this bug I would have bookmarked some absolutely heinous shit for posterity

but let's face it, most of the really good/bad stuff pre-dates the Vanilla transition.

I vaguely remember a story about a cucumber that had me in stitches for weeks.

It is scary that I knew exactly which post you are talking about instantly despite that being many years ago.

Didn't the family eat it? Am I remembering that right?

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    The aforementioned bear thread just had a thread title saying, aptly, "look at this BEAR"

and the content was a picture of a bear from a Conan MMO captioned, also aptly, "it is HUGE"

and the first comment said, aptly as well, "that is a huge bear".

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I don't use bookmarks but sometimes I half remember a thing I said and search it up, falling down a rabbit hole of seeing what I was like just a few years ago. And also seeing how vibrant/energetic I was versus how I am now. Not just on this forum but life in general.

And that's about when I stop looking into the past until the next time.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I don't remember anything.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »

that's terrible you also owe me 100$ btw

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I don't remember that.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »

Lucky!

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023

It is scary that I knew exactly which post you are talking about instantly despite that being many years ago.

I believe the poster in question ate it in front of their family.

Edit: Their mother, specifically.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I have 3 bookmarks. The oldest was this April Fools joke.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/139886/should-i-purchase-this-wine#latest

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I found an ancient bookmarked thread about violence....different time i suppose

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    zshah8c9cjtk.jpg

...Wait, I thought this said Forum memorabilia

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Dang, I need to see if I can find my gold brass knuckles that say "RIBALDRY" and "HAPPENSTANCE."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular

yep!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    ...Wait, I thought this said Forum memorabilia

I should grab my MLP thread hoodie out of the closet.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I have 56 bookmarks, and every single one of them is from accidentally touching the star while scrolling on mobile.

broken image link
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »

I believe the poster in question ate it in front of their family.

Edit: Their mother, specifically.

While dodging their mother's attempts to steal bits off their plate.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    so please please please tell me tell me tell me it came from his butt this time♪

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Petition to have the entirety of the forum pre-2018 deleted.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    No.

My sins must be preserved for future generations to learn from.

sarukun on
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    I have 56 bookmarks, and every single one of them is from accidentally touching the star while scrolling on mobile.

I never get mentions or PMs so I immediately notice when I've accidentally done that and unmark it

edit: what the heck is up with quotes not working right

maybe it kept stuffing in part of an old saved draft or something

Ranlin on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    THEY FUCKED ON A BOAT!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    This thread has reminded me of the Shankusu Gambit.

Brought a smile to face. Thanks, thread.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Good times, good times.

*takes drag of pipe, rocks rocking chair*

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Man, I wish smoking wasn't a scam designed to kill you as slowly as possible, I wanna smoke a pipe so badly.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    I have a folder of PA stuff that has collected over the years I checked, it has a collection of PA Mario Kart DS avatars, an old anime thread OP circa 2009, my mech from Exsteel when we had a group rolling, a collection of Katchum_Ash quotes and this.

691rwgccqm52.jpg

Kelor on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    THEY FUCKED ON A BOAT!

Sometimes I randomly click into one of my bookmarks and I’m greeted with a wildly out of context post that takes me a minute or two to connect the dots on and remember what thread I just clicked on.

And sometimes I just have to go look at the thread title.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    I have a folder of PA stuff that has collected over the years I checked, it has a collection of PA Mario Kart DS avatars, an old anime thread OP circa 2009, my mech from Exsteel when we had a group rolling, a collection of Katchum_Ash quotes and this.

691rwgccqm52.jpg

Man fuckin EXSTEEL I loved that game. Still remember my crazy fast speedy mech that I bolted one of those artillery cannons to. Get someplace first, set up, and just lock the space down.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I remember the days of photoshopping contests, and editing the comic of the day

I think my favourite was when somebody added a silencer to the gun below

dkbram42zknj.jpg

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I remember the days of photoshopping contests, and editing the comic of the day

I think my favourite was when somebody added a silencer to the gun below

dkbram42zknj.jpg

I remember most of the edit threads ending in some variation of the mydick!!!! panel heh

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    If you go back and read politics threads from 10-12 years ago it's pretty wild

Like, the general tone is waaaay more inclined towards libertarianism being somewhat valid, but also pro police, pro capitalism etc

I think that a lot of people posted stuff in SE++ ten years ago that'd see em run out of threads now

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ooof…no, I did not ever post on here before like…2017…

That’s a different guy.

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    I have this thread, called Ancient Forum History from 2006/2007 still bookmarked specifically as a reminder of how much things have changed since then.

Oof.

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    THEY FUCKED ON A BOAT!

Technically that's just my LARP character.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    First post on that ancient forum history thread, just casually mentioning a 22 year old dating a underage girl.

Yikes on bikes.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Also eye-opening to see a ton of insults casually thrown about which are basically verboten nowadays.

wVEsyIc.png