As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Honkai: Star Rail] scared exorcist with angry tail and the worst banner ever

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited June 8
    Did I miss an explanation of why you can pop back to places so trivially after the train leaves? Do your anchors stay active for a while after a stop?

On a different topic, having gotten much more into HI3 than HSR since HSR came out, I hope we see overlap with HI3 moving forward instead of ending and SPACE apparently always being their plan for the game's next chapter.

I want Kingdom Hearts levels of 'Should I know what that means? Why are people excited?'

Kamar on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I guarantee you are not the crazy person in this conversation.

Anyway, notice for the new museum event is in-game now and it looks like there's another self-modeling clay or whatever it is that lets me pick Speed for Quantum boots. So gimme. Gimme gimme gimme.

eMoanderinitiatefailure
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited June 8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRojVWQBsgs

This is the video that was shown on Summer Games Fest. Shows some of Yukong and Luka, worth a look for that. PS5 version in Q4, no mention of PS4.

AshtonDragon on
    GMaster7
    What's a Quarter 5?

Madican wrote: »
    What's a Quarter 5?

Alright alright I fixed it!

Secretly I mess up every other word I type, so this is what happens when I try to make sure that nobody's already posted a thing.

MadicanPolaritieeMoanderShadowfireGMaster7
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Did I miss an explanation of why you can pop back to places so trivially after the train leaves? Do your anchors stay active for a while after a stop?

On a different topic, having gotten much more into HI3 than HSR since HSR came out, I hope we see overlap with HI3 moving forward instead of ending and SPACE apparently always being their plan for the game's next chapter.

I want Kingdom Hearts levels of 'Should I know what that means? Why are people excited?'

Oh Genshin has this problem as well. It hasn't really decided if the Traveler can or can't just teleport at will. There was a story event that revolved around the situation that you were trapped in a cave for days with no way out. But of course you could just pop out whenever you wanted. For a patch or two the overall state of the world and story was that Inazuma was next to impossible to travel to for the average person. And during this time there were also various events taking place in Mondstadt and Liyue, and of course you just saunter in like you were in the area at the time.

You're going to have to take a big ol' heaping of "story and gameplay segregation" here.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Doctor Detroit
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I guarantee you are not the crazy person in this conversation.

Anyway, notice for the new museum event is in-game now and it looks like there's another self-modeling clay or whatever it is that lets me pick Speed for Quantum boots. So gimme. Gimme gimme gimme.

i'm like 90% sure i'm just making 2 energy regen ropes with those this patch. they appear to have about a 5% drop rate much lower than the other types and like every supporter wants them

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Clara is still considered one of the best tanks in MoC, she's just not used as a DPS there like she is elsewhere

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    Shadowfire
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Ah yes, like all the other great Destruction tanks.

uyvfOQy.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited June 8
    I mean we only have a few destruction characters at all, and destruction has the second highest base aggro rate, so yeah?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Destruction is explicitly the tanky DPS.

To be fair, Destruction is the path that is the most... confused, designwise. Clara is a character who wants to take hits in order to enable counterattacks (therefor having anti-synergy with characters who slow or freeze enemies, which are both normally good defensive options), but is generally tanky herself. The MC and Hook both have self-healing built into their traces, to help out the fact that they get hit more often. Arlan on the other hand is damn near suicidal and really doesn't want to get hit, and while I haven't delved too deeply into details, it appears that Blade is similarly designed as Arlan. Very confusing.

Mirkel
    None of the other Destruction characters have taunt-like abilities or damage reduction. One has a small defense increase. Funny enough, they all have some type of HP regeneration, which is something Clara could really use to not have to dedicate multiple characters to supporting her without increasing her damage at all.

Almost every bonus you unlock on the other Destruction characters increases their damage or HP regen (mostly for Arlan, which is actually a damage increase as he uses HP for damage instead of skill points). Clara has one damage increase at max level and one Eidolon, and good luck getting those in comparison to grabbing them for 4 star characters.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    alright, it's super early in the Silver Wolf banner, I suppose wouldn't hurt to spend a few more tickets rolling for 4 stars and building up some pity for Luocha...

...Oh hey Bailu. Welcome to the team.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    ShadowfireMadicanBloodsheedSaldonasTofystedethDoctor DetroitPolaritieeMoander
    oh shit you know what that means

I don't super need a second healer now. And we're getting a free imaginary char. And now my next 5* pull is another silver wolf.

GOTTA BECOME A DEGENERATE GOBLIN GOING FOR E2!

SaldonasShadowfireMadicanPolaritieeMoander
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    oh shit you know what that means

I don't super need a second healer now. And we're getting a free imaginary char. And now my next 5* pull is another silver wolf.

GOTTA BECOME A DEGENERATE GOBLIN GOING FOR E2!

Your next 5 Star pull could even be TWO Silver Wolf!

Reynolds
    I will say, they were not messing around with the Lost Trotter update. You run into one every 2-3 fights while clearing out all the generic roaming enemies.

uyvfOQy.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I will say, they were not messing around with the Lost Trotter update. You run into one every 2-3 fights while clearing out all the generic roaming enemies.

Wait what?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »

Wait what?

They just increase the drops you would normally get when they show up randomly in battles. A nice bonus when you're just fighting stuff, but you don't need to go out of your way farming them.

ReynoldsShadowfire
    I wonder if they give bonus xp. that would be the best part, but hey extra mats are always needed in a farm forever gacha

I can't really tell if they do give more EXP or not since they show up randomly and it can be feast or famine day by day.

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited June 9
    Looks like after amazing luck in a first 2 weeks of playing (Seele in first multiroll, Bailu and her 5* Light Cone from Stellar Warp), now is the time for me to pay back all that good luck by not getting any new characters before hard pity (soft pity gave me E1 Yanqing, hard pity gave me Silver Wolf, then hitting pity again on Stellar Warp gave me But The Battle Isn't Over light cone, which can be only used by Asta, when I look at my team).

It will be a long time until any new SSR joins my team...

For a time being, looks like my two main teams will be Seele / Silver Wolf / Tingyun / Bailu and Yanqing / March / Asta / Natasha

Asthariel on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited June 9
    I wonder if they give bonus xp. that would be the best part, but hey extra mats are always needed in a farm forever gacha

For pretty much any mat that just drops from enemies I have more than enough. I think I have between like 700 -1800 of all the easy ascension materials. The things I actually need are behind calyxs.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    PolaritieReynolds
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited June 9
    And on the 76th warp, Silver Wolf.

The good news is I can let the passes and jade start growing again.
    The bad news (relative, I guess), is I'm still not on the guarantee.

Oddly enough, No Dan Heng Eidolons in those 76. 2 Light Cones, 3 Astas, and 5(!) Servals

Doctor Detroit on
    eMoanderShadowfire
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Help me with the rumor mill- I'm deep enough w/ no Silver Wolf that "wait on the next unit" is seeming real. What's incoming?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    1.2 should be Kafka and Blade.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Doctor Detroit
    More immediately, Luocha is the back half of 1.1.

edited June 9
    This mueseum management minigame seems like a nifty distraction.

edit: little simple, but so's popcorn.

Raiden333 on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

yeah, it's a fun little no fail-state management sim

it does have a hard time-gate when you level it up though

That's the way most events in their games work.

Being able to blow through the Silver Wolf event is the exception.

That's the way most events in their games work.

Being able to blow through the Silver Wolf event is the exception.

I was honestly surprised they let us do that. I was prepared to do a chunk at a time but I guess they decided the narrative stuff was important enough to give it all at once

Mirkel
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

It is kinda weird to have a "game" with no fail state at all. Is it even a game at that point? You just push a button and numbers go up. They never go down and nothing bad can happen.

I didn't hate it but it does feel a bit hollow. There was one weird thing - Serval's hiring interview. I did it once and it just looped back to start, then I did it again and chose a different (and to my opinion, wrong) line and it passed. I'm not really sure what they were thinking with that.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

It is kinda weird to have a "game" with no fail state at all. Is it even a game at that point? You just push a button and numbers go up. They never go down and nothing bad can happen.

I didn't hate it but it does feel a bit hollow. There was one weird thing - Serval's hiring interview. I did it once and it just looped back to start, then I did it again and chose a different (and to my opinion, wrong) line and it passed. I'm not really sure what they were thinking with that.

It's still Mihoyo, they remain weirdly challenge / roadblock-averse.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Of course when they do want to put difficulty in their games, like the end floors of MoC or Genshins Spiral Abyss, they have no mercy.

"Survive or be destroyed, there is no other way."

Of course when they do want to put difficulty in their games, like the end floors of MoC or Genshins Spiral Abyss, they have no mercy.

"Survive or be destroyed, there is no other way."

is it really a management sim if there's not a weirdly high % chance for legally distinct godzilla to show up and wreck your city

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Mirkel wrote: »

It's still Mihoyo, they remain weirdly challenge / roadblock-averse.

Well yeah .. but they also had the food courier mini-game in Genshin where you fail if you play on PS4 because the load times are too long. And you fail if it starts raining. Etc.

edited June 9
    Finished up the first segment of the museum stuff until next section starts up tomorrow.
    don't think it's really a spoiler to say that I am 1000% certain Sampo has something to do with the thefts if not be the actual "mastermind" right?

Madican on
    Might be more accurate to say it's not really a spoiler for people that have already done it. :p

Might be more accurate to say it's not really a spoiler for people that have already done it. :p

About that
    He hasn't actually showed up at all in the story for it yet is the thing. Not even mentioned by name.

But he's Sampo so he's gotta be involved in this at some point.

About that
    He hasn't actually showed up at all in the story for it yet is the thing. Not even mentioned by name.

But he's Sampo so he's gotta be involved in this at some point.
    One of the first conversation options you can choose is immediately blaming Sampo.

74y3i1nimc95.png

uyvfOQy.png