As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I am absolutely not worrying about the 8 round reward of... credits. A pittance of credits.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    BloodsheedReynoldsMagic Pink
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »
    Lightweight event lives up to its name. Massive crit and crit dmg bonus to single target attacks and stuff just melts when Seele looks in their general direction. I had Jing in the party and I think lightning lord got to attack once through all four rounds of two waves each?

I also think that their weakness guide for this event is worthless. Given they select each rounds enemies at random, I haven’t seen any relation between the recommended elements and what actually shows up. Not that it really matters with the buffs, but it definitely makes me feel less limited putting parties together.

I'm kinda unclear on if they are actually random. At the very least, my battles on the NA and EU servers were the exact same fights in the same order for both of the first two rounds. I had a similar experience to you though, divided between the two accounts. Seele on the real account absolutely mopped up everything before they could do anything, while it actually took some time for Jing Yuan to take care of business. Still wound up clearing within 8 turns, but, only barely.

I've done the first fight about 3-4 times now trying to get it under 8 rounds, and yeah it's not "random", it's the same 3 fights. My problem is I need to build up a fire, quantum, and wind unit. But first I put my efforts into Clara. Then Gepard. Now Jing Yuan. When I get around to it, I'm not quite sure who to pick. Well... the only wind and quantum characters right now are Dan Hung and Qingque. As for fire I'm waffling between an E2 Hook (extra skill damage and +1 burn turn), or E1 Asta (skill hits +1 time). I like Hook, but me thinks Asta with the far superior breaking is probably better.

I've really been enjoying Qingque. She's a little luck based, but given that her skill doesn't end her turn you can use it once for no SP loss even if doesn't get you a full set, and get a stack of the damage buff. She also gets a trace that makes the first use per battle completely free. I usually have plenty of SP available to burn so it works out.

steam_sig.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    can you not salvage relics that you have put levels into?

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I don't think so. The rules for Light Cones says that they have to be Level 1 among other things, so possibly relics have the same restriction. You can however feed that relic into another relic so you don't need to salvage it to get the stored experience

I guess I will just have to remember that when I am more seriously trying to get 5* crafting materials and not just level every piece to see the substats

Oh, as a general rule don't level anything to beyond +12 unless it has literal godly stats. The amount of resources needed to go from 12 to 15 is more than it takes to go from 0 to 12.

Magic PinkFencingsax
    I didn't know it scaled that much dang.

but i've been a +6 kinda gal through at least my current eq. maybe I will take some of the really good pieces to 9 if i need a boost when i'm early in my next ascension. but yeah I definitely was looking at that as a long term thing to dive into anyway.

Magic PinkFencingsax
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    could we maybe get a list of players and UIDs in the main post? I keep using someone's absolutely godlike Seele in challenges and I don't know who to flood with creepy, heavy breathing praise.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    could we maybe get a list of players and UIDs in the main post? I keep using someone's absolutely godlike Seele in challenges and I don't know who to flood with creepy, heavy breathing praise.

I knew I meant to do something...

I went through the thread and found a bunch of them but there are definitely some I'm missing. So throw yours in and @ me so I can add it to the OP.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Magic Pink
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Oh, I don't think I had posted my UID at all. Whoops. Everyone feel free to add me, and @Shadowfire for the OP. I'll add PA to my description and throw around some requests in a bit.

UID: 602140368. Currently a support Bronya.

And I guess while I'm at it, if anyone has an account on Europe server, my UID there is 703825752. Currently a (fairly ridiculous) support Jing Yuan. Definitely won't be playing that account forever, but it'll probably last awhile.

I think I had only added one person from steam chat. Thanks for rounding up all the numbers that have been posted at random!

Finally got around to finishing up the Hall of Memories now that I have two decent teams. Not decent enough to take on Memory of Chaos at the moment, but by comparison I never did finish all of Spiral Abyss base levels in Genshin. Mostly because I found it boring but still.

initiatefailure
  • eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Ugh having some serious impulse control issues. If I convert all my embers I could have north of 50 pulls right now which is a decent shot at Jings weapon. But I really need Luocha if I want a shot at MoC so I know I should be saving. But shiny weapon make big numbers!!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Ugh having some serious impulse control issues. If I convert all my embers I could have north of 50 pulls right now which is a decent shot at Jings weapon. But I really need Luocha if I want a shot at MoC so I know I should be saving. But shiny weapon make big numbers!!

It's a crime they are making us (well, those of us with no tiny dwagon) wait so long for a second healer. From what I hear it's not even the first banner of the next patch but the second.

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    I’ve seen both predictions with Luocha first or second. Right now I’m choosing to believe he’s coming first since I think they’d lose a decent chunk of cash on people skipping silver wolf waiting for the healer.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
    I’ve seen both predictions with Luocha first or second. Right now I’m choosing to believe he’s coming first since I think they’d lose a decent chunk of cash on people skipping silver wolf waiting for the healer.

Maybe they want people use their freebie jade on Silver Wolf and then buy more for Luocha? I've never tried to make much heads or tails out of their banner order or what 4*s are on them since there doesn't seem to be any predictable laws about the whole thing.

Proper whales are gonna whale on any cool character banner anyways, really.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I knew I meant to do something...

I went through the thread and found a bunch of them but there are definitely some I'm missing. So throw yours in and @ me so I can add it to the OP.

@Shadowfire Mine's 603657025

Not max levelled yet but climbing every day to get more OP chars in the mix

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    Shadowfire
    My UID is 602398694
    @Shadowfire

steam_sig.png
    Shadowfire
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So, without spoiling anything specific, there has been one more 4* healer leaked.

But they have literally over a year worth of characters leaked at this point so there's really zero indication as to when we might see them.

eMoanderiguanacus
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The character I want most is exactly March 17 (shield and retaliate) but no freeze, weakness or a DoT instead. March goes great with Clara except her ult is almost a waste because it messes with Clara's DPS so much.

What is this I don't even.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So, without spoiling anything specific, there has been one more 4* healer leaked.

But they have literally over a year worth of characters leaked at this point so there's really zero indication as to when we might see them.

gotta save for that Peppy banner

Shadowfire
    Christmas kakfa can heal me any day

TB 49, time to make sure I've got things planned out for EQ4 because I've watched GrimRo's videos and it's gonna be a doozy in regards to resources.

ReynoldsPolaritie
    Madican wrote: »
    TB 49, time to make sure I've got things planned out for EQ4 because I've watched GrimRo's videos and it's gonna be a doozy in regards to resources.

I'll hit it off my dailies tomorrow... I've been banking xp mats and such for a bit, I'm hoping to at least get Seele to 70 and Tingyun ascended tomorrow, and then work on things from there.

That reminds me. Note to self - don't waste Echoes of War runs next week before going up the EQ level.

eMoander
    Yeah right around the same point. I got my ascension materials for core four situated and like trace mats mostly just for seele but I think most of the power in my supports and healers is already there.

Was like a day or 2 off of being able to fight higher level echoes this week

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I hit TB 50 off today's dailies, and thankfully I had saved my Echo of War runs just in case.

Got Seele and Trailblazer ascended, most of Seele's traces done, and realized that I had been pre-farming the wrong lighting ascension mat for Tingyun like a moron.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I do appreciate that almost none of the stuff you spend your time currency on is truly wasted. Even if you get the wrong mats you can still exchange them for a different one.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
    SU 3-2 boss phase 3 is fucking dumb as hell

everybody getting 3 turns in a row to just wail on you is not great gameplay

PolaritieReynolds
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    SU 3-2 boss phase 3 is fucking dumb as hell

everybody getting 3 turns in a row to just wail on you is not great gameplay

Yeah, you really need to be able to interrupt it with heals or something.

At least you can interrupt it with a Natasha ultimate, meanwhile over in SU 4-2 Svarog spawning hands and grabbing people like Nico Robin

Magic Pink
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Dunno what the problem is, as I pop my Bailu ult and they do less damage than Invigorate is healing with each hit

edited May 2023
    At least you can interrupt it with a Natasha ultimate, meanwhile over in SU 4-2 Svarog spawning hands and grabbing people like Nico Robin

Hand spawns>Seele kills hand before it gets a turn. She makes 4-2 easy.

Polaritie on
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Dunno what the problem is, as I pop my Bailu ult and they do less damage than Invigorate is healing with each hit

I have bailu! The massive spike in action they got out of nowhere still clapped multiple characters

I swapped in my Herta for the Welterweight league this morning because of the ice and followup buffs and forgot that I didn't have a light cone on her and still got within 2 turns of getting the speed bonus. The buff stacking is very silly.

steam_sig.png
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Hitting TL 50 unlocked some new difficulties for every SU world, so I went ahead and knocked those out.

Besides 4, which I'm saving for tomorrow, mostly cause the relic set from that floor is ass so I might as well just use the first clear to get started on weekly points without spending any stamina.

Also gave in and pulled more for Jing Yuan, got him without having to go too crazy. Now I have something to do with the 20+ fucking ascension mats I farmed by mistake.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    awx635972v76.jpg

You're alright, honkai star rail.

Badablack on
    FC: 1435-5383-0883
    ShadowfirePolaritieAshtonDragon
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »

I had a good laugh when that popped up. They knew exactly what they were doing with Kafka. Exactly!

And they also knew what they were doing with the Trailblazer. Despite generally being a silent protagonist, I really think they did a great job of making them have a distinct personality. Of course, all the text conversations where they actually get to "talk" go a long way.

edited May 2023
    So many mats needed. But I got a clear on 3-3 already. Bailu and Seele at 70 with level 70 light cones.

Polaritie on
    Badablack wrote: »

I had a good laugh when that popped up. They knew exactly what they were doing with Kafka. Exactly!

And they also knew what they were doing with the Trailblazer. Despite generally being a silent protagonist, I really think they did a great job of making them have a distinct personality. Of course, all the text conversations where they actually get to "talk" go a long way.

HSR is way better than GI on that front. The MC in GI had a little bit of personality, but also basically never said anything and when it did it was super short, or two variations on the same thing. And whatever you did Paimon would butt in and do all the talking. I hate it when they make an actual main character and then just give all the actual lines to a mascot to talk in my stead.
    HSR still for some reason has most of the MC's lines delivered silently. Not sure why. I like the female the VA.

steam_sig.png
    MirkelBloodsheedAshtonDragoneMoander