As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Dinged 49 this morning, going all in on farming ascension materials now. Holding off on my SU and weekly bosses for 50 as well (more as a reminder to myself).

Also did the middleweight challenge. The buffs were a little weird since it encourages you to bring a shield character but the first buff makes everyone a shielding character. I went all dps and it got silly pretty quickly, with Seele getting back to back ultimates and extra free turns and I'm still not sure exactly what happened but suddenly everything was dead.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    I hit 50 and lost all my money somehow. Reached standard banner pity with the ascension rail passes and got E1 Clara which was a bit disappointing. Not the worst but I've much rather had Welt or Bailu for sure.

I did manage to ascend my top 5 crew and all of their LCs and got them leveled to 65ish, both characters and LCs, so that's a fair amount of raw stats I got. 4-2 SU was a cakewalk afterwards. If I run through 5-2 and 6-2 next and do the three echoes of war there's enough entertainment for a day or two, then it's 5 more days of waiting and auto farming until next weekly reset.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Today's fight a little less obviously busted for any specific characters, but Fire MC makes it pretty fucked up for sure and can super easily battery whatever other DPS you want to throw at it.

PolaritieAshtonDragon
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Cleared SU 5 and 6. Can leave that alone for the rest of the week.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I also hit 50 today, immediately bumped a main 4 up to lvl 67 and their light cones to 70. I ascended my 5th dps too but I probably won’t get to second team stuff for a bit. I should probably at least try for MoC before the reset

Went through and crushed sim 3-3; like it was not close whatsoever. I wonder if that was because of my power bump or the enemies only gaining 5 levels between -2 and -3?

I keep getting damage boosting support spheres and defensive dps spheres from here though which is a bit annoying.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Did my first attempt at SU6 today. I'm not sure I like the destruction path, but on the other hand despite being 7-8 levels lower than the boss I managed to get through phase 2 after both my DPS died at 80% with just FireMC and Natasha up, and got phase 3 down almost 50% before she overtook me. So maybe there's something there.

steam_sig.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    pull 71 on the light cone banner got me Jing Yuan's light cone, so now I need to get on with building him and getting some decent gear.

also, I feel bad for Serval since she'll probably end up on the bench if I don't find myself needing 2 lightning DPS types. I still don't regret building her because she has been very solid and from a functional standpoint.

Feldorn on
    Ratsult2
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I guess I didn't notice, but 5*'s get more talent levels per ascension. At 60 they get lv6, and 4's get lv4. That's a funny little flex. On the bright side it kind of makes 4*'s easier to level up. Or 5's harder to, if you're a glass-half-empty sort of person.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I guess I didn't notice, but 5*'s get more talent levels per ascension. At 60 they get lv6, and 4's get lv4. That's a funny little flex. On the bright side it kind of makes 4*'s easier to level up. Or 5's harder to, if you're a glass-half-empty sort of person.

No, I'm fairly sure it's the same number at each ascension. But basic attack has fewer levels in general. 4*s do use fewer materials though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2023
    Soooo close to 50 :(

In other news, replacing Protagonist with Jing Yuan deletes things. Who even needs a tank?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Magic Pink
    Polaritie wrote: »

No, I'm fairly sure it's the same number at each ascension. But basic attack has fewer levels in general. 4*s do use fewer materials though.

Oh wait yeah, I'm a derp. I was looking at Dan Heng's lv4 basic attack, then looking at Jing Yuan's lv6 special.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    One good thing about hitting EQ4 is that it unlocks the last difficulty level for Golden Caelyx, so if you need credits or level materials feel free to spend some fuel there

Feldorn
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    If you don't need credits after hitting EQ4 you must've robbed a bank or at least bought the delux BP.

Feldorn
    I cant burn through my credits until I get more materials ..

Feldorn
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I forgot Immersifiers give trailblaze XP:

cXxfhpg.jpg

Much better.

Characters
    FeldornPolaritie
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Honkai, Character of the Week

A Bunch of Pigeons

Bless your heart.
    Mirkel wrote: »
    If you don't need credits after hitting EQ4 you must've robbed a bank or at least bought the delux BP.

Guess I'll find out tomorrow. Got a good bit of fuel saved up if I do need to hit the Caelyx

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2023
    Aegis wrote: »
    I forgot Immersifiers give trailblaze XP:

?!

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
    I forget which things immersifiers are? The tokens for sim world turn ins?

As far as I can tell everything that uses or can use stamina gives xp at a 10stam:50xp ratio

And you can turn stamina into those tokens but that makes the weekly rewards ones some free xp!

AegiseMoander
    I'm not sure how I missed the Wanted Poster subplot the first time around, but I'm here for it every time my dailies take me around town and I notice a new one.

Characters
    initiatefailure
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    Hahahaha, this fuckin' game!

Did the boxing tourney daily and saw trial Gepard was on offer. Heard he's good so I figured I'd check him out, and yeah, damn, I really want him now!

Oh hey, that dinged me to Trailblazer level 35, which gives you 10 basic star rail tickets. Let's see how that goes...
    1tw6gzy4l33l.png

also picked up E1 for Arlan and E3 for Hook in the same pull.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    Doctor DetroitMirkelShadowfireAdelliosph blakePolaritieeMoanderMadicanMaddocTransporterGONG-00TofystedethinitiatefailureAegis
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Whoever Ava is, your Seele Makes Shit Melt.

I use her as support and she clears an entire 6 wave Calyx it's NUTS

AegisFencingsax
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    And heavyweight was... One of the easiest so far?

I like this event style, but they need harder fights.

Today's mechanics
    Weakness break spread with tons of extra break damage would be an interesting thing to need to do to cause large amounts of damage to a super high defense target with adds, for example.

I lucked out doing round 1 in 8 turns. Round 3 with Jing and Clara was lol. And yeah the last round seemed oddly easy even with the trial Himeko. I don't know if I can do rounds 2 and 4 in under 8 turns. I'm kind of lacking in the specific single target elemental damage they want. But I'm also not going to lose my mind over 20000x2 credits.

But yeah I'm glad they're keeping with the event design philosophy of Genshin. All the big important shit you want is gated right at the front for everybody to get. The hardest challenges just give extra mats and self gratification.

eMoanderDoctor Detroit
    I don't really agree that they need harder fights. There's plenty of hard content out there for people that want it, like SU and and the mirror stuff.

I like the boxing event just letting regular schmoes like me get a little power fantasy.

Though I think the combination of the final boss and final buff was a little weird because it was almost completely irrelevant.

steam_sig.png
    Shadowfire
    I lucked out doing round 1 in 8 turns. Round 3 with Jing and Clara was lol. And yeah the last round seemed oddly easy even with the trial Himeko. I don't know if I can do rounds 2 and 4 in under 8 turns. I'm kind of lacking in the specific single target elemental damage they want. But I'm also not going to lose my mind over 20000x2 credits.

But yeah I'm glad they're keeping with the event design philosophy of Genshin. All the big important shit you want is gated right at the front for everybody to get. The hardest challenges just give extra mats and self gratification.

As long as you have some of the right element generally the most important thing is playing to whatever the buff gimmick is. Even suboptimal characters if you're just focused on that should be good enough.

steam_sig.png
    Maddoc wrote: »
    And heavyweight was... One of the easiest so far?

I like this event style, but they need harder fights.

Today's mechanics
    Weakness break spread with tons of extra break damage would be an interesting thing to need to do to cause large amounts of damage to a super high defense target with adds, for example.

All of the events the game will have are going to be pretty easy if Genshin is any indicator.

The game kind of already has the really hard challenge grind permanent feature so I’m not surprised by this event being much easier but still, I am a little dissatisfied that the weight classes don’t represent ascending challenge so much as just different gimmicks.

Honestly the buffs are just too much power.

But still if it sticks around that means they can add new fights whenever and I’m always down for more little bits of content

edited May 2023
    I mean two out of the four fights today I did one attack, it broke someone, and everyone just instantly died.

I'm not asking for Super Challenge fights or anything but like there's a point where the fight might as well not even happen.

Maddoc on
    I am super ok with easy difficulty personally but yeah making the stuff harder as an option would be nice

I honestly think this event would have been cooler with the weight classes just being level range goes up and it being a true random draw, maybe rd4 always being in the boss selector range.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    There's not any content for me to do right now. The hard mirror stuff is impossible for me currently. The hardest stuff I can complete is faceroll easy. And there isn't anything I can just repetitively farm to provide any benefit to my characters to inch towards that harder mirror content.

What is this I don't even.
    Reynolds
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Whoever Ava is, your Seele Makes Shit Melt.

I use her as support and she clears an entire 6 wave Calyx it's NUTS

It's a me!

Yes, I enjoy when autobattling lines up her abilities just right and she just chain clears those waves

Characters
    PolaritieShadowfireMagic Pink
    Pre-Trailblazer 50, I'd focus on farming ascension/trace materials, once you hit 50 is when the relic farm starts for realsies.

Also, re:MoC

Marisa Honkai has been doing 4* only runs lately

https://youtu.be/DSEnr3s3im0

https://youtu.be/10_eqrv84SY

https://youtu.be/lVvP4BMj2vE

https://youtu.be/Tt9O6cbF-e0

They've said that's probably as far as they're going to go at TB50 (Also they call them F2P runs, but basically just in the sense that it's 4* stuff only)

edited May 2023
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Pre-Trailblazer 50, I'd focus on farming ascension/trace materials, once you hit 50 is when the relic farm starts for realsies.

Well, once you hit 50 and you've spent a week leveling again, anyways.

Polaritie on
    Reynolds
    Just hit TB 50 and finished the quest to go to EQ4. Got Gepard's LC from the regular tickets so I'm happy with that.

Current goal is now to get everyone in the main team ascended. Seele was first but at around 150 stamina per character (4 drops per 30 stamina) it'll take a few days if I don't spend some fuel to speed up the process. Might do that just so I can get them to 67 so the daily clearing can get them some EXP while I wait to work on LC's.

I can not stop getting defensive main stat sealing station and offensive main stat fleet of the ageless.

This is a cursed farm. At least i am only harming myself with the weekly tokens for them atm. There's a legit chance that saving the custom tokens for energy link ropes is the right play though, I haven't seen a single one yet in any set.

edited May 2023
    Hallelujah, my quantum damage set legendary helm that already had Crit chance rolled Crit damage as its 4th stat and then upgraded Crit chance at level 6. This one's a keeper.

Aegis on
    Characters
    MaddoceMoanderShadowfireAshtonDragonPolaritieMagic Pink
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    When I started this anime waifu rpg I didn't think I'd end up playing Diablo but I guess that the inevitable conclusion to any game

FC: 1435-5383-0883