As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Might be more accurate to say it's not really a spoiler for people that have already done it. :p

About that
    He hasn't actually showed up at all in the story for it yet is the thing. Not even mentioned by name.

But he's Sampo so he's gotta be involved in this at some point.
    One of the first conversation options you can choose is immediately blaming Sampo.

74y3i1nimc95.png

Insinuated but not mentioned by name unless you pick that option. Which I didn't because I may not like the guy but I like the cops less and wasn't gonna help them pick a target

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    That's a bizarre way to steer a conversation about sharing an alternate dialogue path.

uyvfOQy.png
    Why? Just giving my own reasoning why I didn't pick that option and went with the other one asking if they already had a lead.

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Managed to get MoC3 down with 7 stars total (could have been 8 stars but I took a lvl 50 March to floor 2 because it recommended ice… which didn’t turn out well). With the amount of raw damage coming even in floor 3, it’s really hard to see progression without a second healer (I know I sound like a broken record) at least until I can start grinding better gear at lvl 60+.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Museum event silliness:
    Pela: Great to have you on the team Serval. Your status as a rock-star will help bring crowds to the museum.
    Serval: Tied for lowest visitor appeal of the 10 staff I have.

steam_sig.png
    AegisAuralynx
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Museum event silliness:
    Pela: Great to have you on the team Serval. Your status as a rock-star will help bring crowds to the museum.
    Serval: Tied for lowest visitor appeal of the 10 staff I have.

Can't help it if the visitors have bad taste.

Who wants to see a Honkai Impact streamer find out the hard way she is not Mihoyo's favorite during a "Silver Wolf Whale War" challenge

https://youtu.be/8yeA-G_v4pE

She then went on to roll on her viewer's accounts and there was much bloodshed and Gepards. No one was allowed to escape.

Museum recruitment
    Pitch-Dark Hook the Great: "Look at me, I am the interviewer now."

TofystedetheMoanderSeGaTaiReynoldsAegis
    Just because I haven’t seen it really mentioned anywhere, but Silver Wolfs technique may be the most busted part of her kit. Yes, I would like to start the battle by breaking every single minion shield regardless of actual weakness.

Also, SW texted me this morning saying that there was a new gacha banner opening which she then proceeded to lose her rolls. Felt very relatable!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
    I love the daily texts with the characters.

Gepard: Hey can I ask you something? Recently a chainsaw was launched through the window of Qlipoth Fort, do you happen to know anything about that?
    Trailblazer: "Uh" Shit, okay, play dumb "It wasn't me." NOT THAT DUMB.
    Gepard: ...Ah. Now I get it. Okay, thanks for your time, I'll go visit the workshop soon.

ShadowfirePolaritieTofystedetheMoanderRaiden333
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Gepard: Hey can I ask you something? Recently a chainsaw was launched through the window of Qlipoth Fort, do you happen to know anything about that?
    Gepard: ...Ah. Now I get it. Okay, thanks for your time, I'll go visit the workshop soon.

Sampo sent me one today that cracked me up about wanting to retire.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Who wants to see a Honkai Impact streamer find out the hard way she is not Mihoyo's favorite during a "Silver Wolf Whale War" challenge

She then went on to roll on her viewer's accounts and there was much bloodshed and Gepards. No one was allowed to escape.

Numi is like Miles O’Brien. The universe must always make her suffer

PiptheFair wrote: »

Numi is like Miles O’Brien. The universe must always make her suffer

Numi is the one who utterly destroyed Mina on both banners though. If you mean the suffering from having to listen to Mina's losing copypasta I'd say we all suffered in that regard.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

I love that you can immediately wire him the money, send him too much, and he freaks the fuck out.

The text chains are great and I'm sad I don't get them anymore.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    You should still be getting one daily. I've been playing since the start and I've yet to get a repeat

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I've been playing since launch too, I stopped getting them a couple weeks ago. When Silverwolf hit I got a few from her, but then nothing again since.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    That's weird, I haven't even gotten one from Silver Wolf yet

Doctor Detroit
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »

I love that you can immediately wire him the money, send him too much, and he freaks the fuck out.

The text chains are great and I'm sad I don't get them anymore.

Different one, I blew him off and he got mad!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Shadowfire
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    You should still be getting one daily. I've been playing since the start and I've yet to get a repeat

They do not repeat and you only get them from characters you have so eventually you run out. I guess there's like three per character, that'd roughly fit when they ran out for me.

Shadowfire
    Mirkel wrote: »

They do not repeat and you only get them from characters you have so eventually you run out. I guess there's like three per character, that'd roughly fit when they ran out for me.

Huh, didn't know you needed to have them. Would explain why I've never gotten one from Bailu.

Mirkel wrote: »

Huh, didn't know you needed to have them. Would explain why I've never gotten one from Bailu.

Yeah, I only figured that out the other day when Yanqing suddenly messaged me out of nowhere.

Yanqing, I haven't forgiven you yet for showing up when I didn't want you to. Come back in a few days.

Korean jokes and opinions translated into Chinese subtitles that are then live translated into English. And they still hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epsx_3aWBNg

uyvfOQy.png
    Okay now I got Silver Wolf to text me on login.

She wanted to gacha. It did not go well for her.

ReynoldsPolaritieShadowfire
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Hit EQ level 4 and took some time to invest Bronya up to parity with my other characters, and bought her the light cone from the Forgotten Hall. Holy shit she's a monster.

auhs0hvn2v4d.png

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    SaldonasAuralynxeMoanderMadican
    The good news is that in Memory of Chaos you can use them both, one on each team

ReynoldsShadowfire
    Or just buff Seele twice.

uyvfOQy.png
    AshtonDragon
    Spoiler alert for the very end of the museum event story.
    Surprising nobody, it was Sampo.

uyvfOQy.png
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Hit TB lvl 59 doing this week's SU runs, getting close to "must ascend everything at once" hell of lvl 60. Enjoying using Silver Wolf, both mechanics and voice lines/animations are pretty cool. Breaking enemies twice as often as I used to feels great and quantum dot hits like a truck at 5 stacks.

More or less finished the museum thing and used my custom relic blob on a crit chest that of course looked great at first glance and then rolled most substats into DEF. I still feel like the museum minigame's main part of pushing a button and watching bars go up is oddly hollow but eventually it got impossible to dislike the event, there's just something satisfying in watching the whole thing grow into a proper tourist attraction. Interacting with Pela was fun and HSR's writing in general is enjoyable which doesn't hurt. Also you get tons of xp materials and cash along the way, that'll surely lessen the pain of trying to level stuff soon.

Now all I need is a second healer/Gepard from Luocha's banner. *knocks wood*

Mirkel on
    Number Go Up is a tried and true recipe for fun. I'm a pretty big fan of the museum event, even if I generally hope that most events focus on regular gameplay instead of minigame gimmicks.

I'm interested in the new Memory of Chaos. So far I haven't been able to get any further than floor 5 of it, so I'm interested to see if that changes. Silver Wolf being able to really reduce the damage output with the new turbulence might help... although my Hunt characters not getting free turns will also slow things down pretty dramatically.

edited June 2023
    I’m liking the museum event. It’s less bars go up than all the associated side quests and fetch quests that I like, but it feels like it’s own story chapter in a different wrapping.

Separately, managed to get this achievement on the forgotten echo this morning:

lj1wptmboho2.jpeg

Seele plus Bronya buffs plus Silver Wolf debuffs on a hyper vulnerable boss is good times!

eMoander on
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Spoiler alert for the very end of the museum event story.
    Surprising nobody, it was Sampo.

mh6rxekzqrzo.png

fully finished the museum, it was a fun little diversion

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I had a clear sim world daily and had been lazily clearing out the new difficulties and I just took silver wolf into world six and oh my god a quantum weak boss just may as well defeat themselves with her and seele. I had SOOOo much trouble on the first tier of that one and just nothing they did mattered on tier 2

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I did 6-2 for weekly progress and uh... I got to 14 hunt blessings so I had all three resonances active. Seele basically solo'd the entire boss fight (plus spamming Hunt barrages, but one of the resonances makes it so whenever that happens Seele gets her turn moved up to next, so that plus refilling it whenever it killed an add... utter brutality. Plus 18% turn advance after every turn, resurgence, every 6th ally turn they get a 100% advance after...)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    I had a clear sim world daily and had been lazily clearing out the new difficulties and I just took silver wolf into world six and oh my god a quantum weak boss just may as well defeat themselves with her and seele. I had SOOOo much trouble on the first tier of that one and just nothing they did mattered on tier 2

I went through 4-3 earlier today and got to experience implanting a quantum weakness onto Svarog. Yeah... yeah. I could get used to this.

I'm over here feeling big because I cleared 5-1 at EL2, personally. The SimU fights are very cool.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Finished the museum storyline.
    Goddamn tricky Emanator of Elation bastard. Then he has the cheek to hire himself as a museum volunteer under his alias.

I don't actually know if he is an Emanator of Elation but considering the very end of the Belobog story when he's monologuing to the actual players and his ability to silently vanish to parts unknown the instant nobody's looking at him, well I'm about 90% sure that's not just his natural charm at work.

I also got to recruit Seele from a random event and that was funny. Both in "helping" her with her application and gaslighting the hell out of the interviewer that it was all true. Trailblazer is probably going to catch hell for it later though.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I was trying to build up Jing Yuan first. And his relic farm also includes the def set. Well that set decided to form first, so I guess it's actually Gepard getting built first. All the main stats are in place. The subs could be a lot better, but I'll worry about them later. Then I decided to pop into 3-3 to hopefully farm the first boss a few times, but ended up being able to go the distance. Crap rolls on the drops, but the completion reward gave out a energy regen rope! He's currently wearing a fire dmg orb just for the set bonus. But now I can start seriously leveling up these relics, and man what a difference it makes. When I started E3, I could handle the fights with support, but 6 in a row could be rough. I've made no DPS improvements, just Gepard's defensive capabilities, and he is throwing out some meaty shields and we can easily handle bulk fights.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Hit TB 59 today. Holding off on doing Sim Universe until I clear that last hurdle. Dumping all my stamina into gold caelyx with a focus on LC and character EXP items.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Finished the museum storyline.
    Goddamn tricky Emanator of Elation bastard. Then he has the cheek to hire himself as a museum volunteer under his alias.

I don't actually know if he is an Emanator of Elation but considering the very end of the Belobog story when he's monologuing to the actual players and his ability to silently vanish to parts unknown the instant nobody's looking at him, well I'm about 90% sure that's not just his natural charm at work.

I also got to recruit Seele from a random event and that was funny. Both in "helping" her with her application and gaslighting the hell out of the interviewer that it was all true. Trailblazer is probably going to catch hell for it later though.

Hmm. I feel like I got a different scene for the interview then.
    Bronya was doing the interview. Awkwardness ensues.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Tofystedeth