As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Finished the museum storyline.
    Goddamn tricky Emanator of Elation bastard. Then he has the cheek to hire himself as a museum volunteer under his alias.

I don't actually know if he is an Emanator of Elation but considering the very end of the Belobog story when he's monologuing to the actual players and his ability to silently vanish to parts unknown the instant nobody's looking at him, well I'm about 90% sure that's not just his natural charm at work.

I also got to recruit Seele from a random event and that was funny. Both in "helping" her with her application and gaslighting the hell out of the interviewer that it was all true. Trailblazer is probably going to catch hell for it later though.

Hmm. I feel like I got a different scene for the interview then.
    Bronya was doing the interview. Awkwardness ensues.

Yeah, I got that interview too.
    They need to kiss already.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Was doing a SU run with Seele, SW, Bronya, and Bailu, and I think I stumbled into the most OP char/blessing combination ever. I'm stacking hunt blessings like crazy, but also getting a nearly equal number of Abundance blessings, which is good because my team was a little bit underleveled at the moment, so big reliance on Bailu's healing. Then this little number drops.

zu851ykknacn.png

Already seems great, right? What I didn't realize till the next battle is that on Bailu it's particularly insane because not only do you get a full team heal off of her skill cast, but also every time it bounces. So her basic heal just becomes a guaranteed "heal the whole party for ~50% hp"

And then you cast her ult and realize the way it interacts with that makes it a guaranteed top off the entire party no matter how low anyone is. And the attack bonus is just a cherry on top.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    SU is pretty good at making you feel like a superhero when all the stars and blessings align.

Then you go to MoC and are reminded that you are indeed just a mortal.

Mirkel on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Goddamn tricky Emanator of Elation bastard. Then he has the cheek to hire himself as a museum volunteer under his alias.

I don't actually know if he is an Emanator of Elation but considering the very end of the Belobog story when he's monologuing to the actual players and his ability to silently vanish to parts unknown the instant nobody's looking at him, well I'm about 90% sure that's not just his natural charm at work.

I also got to recruit Seele from a random event and that was funny. Both in "helping" her with her application and gaslighting the hell out of the interviewer that it was all true. Trailblazer is probably going to catch hell for it later though.

Yeah Bronya was doing the interviews, but beforehand I'd written down Seele's responses as all the joke answers and during the interview kept gaslighting Bronya that they were entirely serious, including Seele's last name being No-Last-Name

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

Yeah Bronya was doing the interviews, but beforehand I'd written down Seele's responses as all the joke answers and during the interview kept gaslighting Bronya that they were entirely serious, including Seele's last name being No-Last-Name
    it’s your fault personally if they never kiss now

It's a chinese game - they will never kiss no matter how much MHY would like them to. They had to make outfits in Genshin more modest, for example.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    That reminds me, it seems like we'll be stuck in Space China for the foreseeable future, judging by some of the leaks.
    Almost every leaked character has a name/design that fits that theming. The few that don't fit, correspond to the other two areas we already have.

It doesn't seem like we'll get any new zones this year. If they add more story, they might just reuse the current zones, although everyone seems to assume there's a second half to the final one. The scattered leaked characters from the other two areas could easily be for an event that reuses what already exists, like the Silver Wolf event.

uyvfOQy.png
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

It's a chinese game - they will never kiss no matter how much MHY would like them to. They had to make outfits in Genshin more modest, for example.

I guess technically not in game, but I can open Honkai Impact 3rd, go to the arc about
    that game's Bronya and Seele
    , click the link to the official supplemental manga on their official site at manga.honkaiimpact.com or go to their official YouTube channel that had a music video about the same storyline/art and
    neither is lacking Bronya and Seele kissing.

je3vhed1iu07.png

Wait the museum game just takes control away from you when you max score. I still had two artifacts to find and it just dumped quests for them into my mission log.

So in theory you could just brute force it never leveling anything, then doing all the artifact quests and presumably volunteer quests at the end?

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The scaling requirements would make you want to keep it at least at somewhat leveled or it'll take forever

steam_sig.png
    The game has resorted to begging me to take Dan Heng off the shelf and dust him off for the first time in weeks.
    0aq3l91rcavl.png

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Hit 59 and now just farming ascension mats exclusively. Everything is all prepped to start on relics asap though!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Managed to get my Silver Wolf a little while ago at soft pity but decided maybe E1 would be great. Instead got Gepard (at soft pity again) which I really can't be mad about. He seems pretty darn cool for a tank though.

Of course I have absolutely no materials for leveling him or his traces T_T

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    edited June 2023
    Aye I just hit tb60

Dang now I need to choose which light one I want seele and Natasha to use because I’ll be resource light for a bit.

Seele - swordplay s1 sims over cruising s5, and I have s2 and s5 respectively . But I think the sim ignores the conditional effect? But does that matter on bosses even. Swordplay at s2 is just a straight up “50% damage boost” that max stacks immediately on skill.

Natasha - I was using post op for the healing boost and now almost never feel like I need it and she has over 5k hp anyway so I could probably safely swap to quid pro quo? This one feels more like no right answer

initiatefailure on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    New code released:

GOODGAME1024

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Hit 60 today, got Seele and Silver Wolf to 80/80, Fire Trailblazer to 70/80, and Silver Wolf's event lightcone to 80

That's about all the prefarming I managed to have prepared; not sure what I'm gonna focus on next. Probably just ascending the rest of my squad, then spamming the trace mat nodes, then relics after that? Sure, sounds like a plan.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    How far in to MoC are people getting and at what levels for your party? I tried out the first level with my group of mixed 60s and 70s and only managed the "no deaths" part of it. I'm still trying to upgrade traces and such and I've done pretty much no relic farming. Though my friend showed me the UI for crafting your own relics!? Like holy cow I wish Genshin had this. Of course the crit rate chest I made for Seele was poop with only one relevant DPS stat, but that's to be expected.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    edited June 2023
    I haven’t done much the last two cycles because life and upcoming vacation but I was able to get 3* from the first two levels in the early tb50 range during the hunt buffs

initiatefailure on
    I can beat a few MoC stages, with zero stars. It's ridiculously hard with one healer and no damage.

uyvfOQy.png
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    How far in to MoC are people getting and at what levels for your party? I tried out the first level with my group of mixed 60s and 70s and only managed the "no deaths" part of it. I'm still trying to upgrade traces and such and I've done pretty much no relic farming. Though my friend showed me the UI for crafting your own relics!? Like holy cow I wish Genshin had this. Of course the crit rate chest I made for Seele was poop with only one relevant DPS stat, but that's to be expected.

Last cycle, I 3-starred the first three floors with characters ranging from 65-70. But I only barely limped through floor 4, and I couldn't clear 5 at all. I've got some pretty strong characters (for a low-spender), but notably don't have Gepard or Bailu, so it's always a desperate struggle for survival for one team.

Haven't tried the new one yet, no idea if it's gonna be easier or harder. I'm close to hitting the next equilibrium, though, so I was gonna wait.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I keep telling myself I'd start doing it more once I got two full teams set up more or less, so probably try soon, since I can run a standard dps/support/healer/tank line on each. I need to take another look on a couple people's traces though... and I'm going to hit 60 soon...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    I've decided to just firmly stall out until I get speed boots for everyone, because I'm so tired of everyone's gear sucking. Still only one gold, but I've at least gotten some purple versions.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited June 2023
    Tbh I just stalled out because I was playing hollow knight and auto farming my stamina most days.

And now I have to start farming all over now that I’m tb60! It never ends!

initiatefailure on
    So what are folks thoughts on Self-Modeling Resins. So far I've seen 3 basic schools:

1. Hold onto them till the end of time until you're one piece away from creating a perfect set, and then gamble on getting good substats for that one piece.
    2. Speed is king. Speed on boots is super rare. You can push more content and get more rewards faster if you get someone a good pair of speed boots, if you're never getting speed boots randomly.
    3. Energy Regen ropes are even rarer than speed boots. Some chars go buck wild with a good energy regen rope.

The #1 player argues that the resins are so rare that you should gamble every day until the stars align. The #2-3 player argues that you can get relics this way that let you start clearing more content for more time-phased resources.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    So what are folks thoughts on Self-Modeling Resins. So far I've seen 3 basic schools:

1. Hold onto them till the end of time until you're one piece away from creating a perfect set, and then gamble on getting good substats for that one piece.
    2. Speed is king. Speed on boots is super rare. You can push more content and get more rewards faster if you get someone a good pair of speed boots, if you're never getting speed boots randomly.
    3. Energy Regen ropes are even rarer than speed boots. Some chars go buck wild with a good energy regen rope.

The #1 player argues that the resins are so rare that you should gamble every day until the stars align. The #2-3 player argues that you can get relics this way that let you start clearing more content for more time-phased resources.

My gut reaction is probably any of the SU ornaments, and out of those probably the elemental damage orb. SU in general is just more involving to farm and the orb has the most variables to it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    I don't have a character good enough for one piece of gear to make so much of a difference that I start clearing MoC suddenly. When I get one, that's when I'll use one.

Or if I hit a safety margin, like 5+ of the things just sitting around.

uyvfOQy.png
    You get minimum 1 per patch and we at least get 2 this patch, you may as well use them.

You can get super far with just main stat relics so finishing a set is great. I used my first on seele crit chest after getting lucky with an ok roll attack boot. You just need to high roll one piece of a set since two are set hp/atk anyway.

I’m going to use these next two probably both on energy regen ropes they are way too rare - like 5% after rolling that it’s a rope of the right set as well.

I'd go for energy regen rope on that one energy regen set in SU. Not just because energy regen is a rare chance on any given rope, but because the set itself is only useful to specific characters so spending stamina or medals rolling the dice is basically wasting everything that isn't energy regen rope. And the less stamina/medals wasted there the more you have to spend on other, more broadly useful sets like Space Station.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I think I spent my first one on a Phys orb for Clara and I have no regrets there at all.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    I used the first on speed boots for Clara, but speed boots aren't actually super rare. Energy regen ropes are. Used the second one to get a +crit chest. I'm perfectly happy with both and in general the self-modeling resin is a resource I don't intend to leave unused as they do me no good sitting in my inventory.

edited June 2023
    Just hit TB 60 and ascended Seele+Trailblazer, leveled them both, aaaand all my resources are gone. Well, kinda, I can still technically do one more character but goddamn the amount of purple EXP books needed to go from 70 to 80 ain't cheap. And I haven't even started on Traces or LCs yet.

I did do some SU though now that new difficulty levels unlocked. Still just as hilarious to make Svarog an utter joke with The Hunt resonances.

Madican on
    Yeah I spent most of the 50s doing leveling mats and I think it paid off. I’ve got seele/sw/mc and one cone to 80 and have enough to do 2-3 more chars and idk on cones, I think at least enough to set up a main team. Now I just have to do traces forever.

Though I was immediately able to clear the max level echo of war so my hot take is that abilities don’t really matter right now assuming baseline functional (like lvl 6 for supports, 7s for dps?) but the 3rd unique trace is my priority Important, assuming it’s good for each char of course.

Just new equilibrium level things - leave game on auto to farm trace mats, come back to a dead Silver Wolf even in a team with both Clara and Nat.

New SimU levels on the other hand weren't as hard as I expected, I pretty much kicked simulated Gepard's ass with no issues even though it says level 76 recommended. Will have to check the other bosses there later.

Hit TB 60, burned fuel to ascend Seele and level her to 80. Only prefarmed xp because ascension mats are more efficient afterwards (5 per run instead of 4), so nobody else over that hill yet. Will check out the new Sim U levels next week, already finished points for it this week.

edited June 2023
    If I read the calendar right next week starting Friday you can get double sim world ornaments and that overlaps with two resets so try to get the most out of your weekly tokens.

God damn. Wanted to drain stamina before vacation flight, did one quantum gear stage, got crit chest and speed boots, chest has ehr and boots nothing special but reasonable start to swap sw from wild wheat. Just wild luck on the main stats

initiatefailure on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I used the first on speed boots for Clara, but speed boots aren't actually super rare. Energy regen ropes are. Used the second one to get a +crit chest. I'm perfectly happy with both and in general the self-modeling resin is a resource I don't intend to leave unused as they do me no good sitting in my inventory.

For what it's worth, Boots stat distribution is roughly 30% HP, 30% Atk, 30% Def, 10% Speed

edited June 2023
    Maddoc wrote: »

For what it's worth, Boots stat distribution is roughly 30% HP, 30% Atk, 30% Def, 10% Speed

I've seen higher numbers for speed (15%) but maybe it's 10%. That's not super rare yet, IMO. ER ropes are about 5% as far as I know.

I went to take a look to see if I could find some numbers but HSR wikis aren't very good yet. One intresting thing about the one good looking probability table I found was that speed was the rarest substat.

Stupid napkin math: say speed boots are 12.5% chance and you want a pair for a certain set from a cavern of corrosion. On average you get one 5* pair per 1280 power spent or one pair per 5 days and 8 hours of nothing but relic grinding. I guess that's pretty bad. That assumes 2 5* relics per run, so in the end I guess it's not quite as bad as you eventually start getting 3 5*s sometimes.

Mirkel on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    I haven't been tracking it rigorously, but it sure feels like SimU coughs up more belts / orbs than artifact grinds do relics. Am I just kidding myself since it's more fun?

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

You get the same amount per 40 stamina or token. It just feels better the way it displays.

uyvfOQy.png
    You also get a few free weekly rolls while doing SU anyways for the weekly rewards.