As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I used the first on speed boots for Clara, but speed boots aren't actually super rare. Energy regen ropes are. Used the second one to get a +crit chest. I'm perfectly happy with both and in general the self-modeling resin is a resource I don't intend to leave unused as they do me no good sitting in my inventory.

For what it's worth, Boots stat distribution is roughly 30% HP, 30% Atk, 30% Def, 10% Speed

I've seen higher numbers for speed (15%) but maybe it's 10%. That's not super rare yet, IMO. ER ropes are about 5% as far as I know.

I went to take a look to see if I could find some numbers but HSR wikis aren't very good yet. One intresting thing about the one good looking probability table I found was that speed was the rarest substat.

Stupid napkin math: say speed boots are 12.5% chance and you want a pair for a certain set from a cavern of corrosion. On average you get one 5* pair per 1280 power spent or one pair per 5 days and 8 hours of nothing but relic grinding. I guess that's pretty bad. That assumes 2 5* relics per run, so in the end I guess it's not quite as bad as you eventually start getting 3 5*s sometimes.

This was some testing done on CN, granted the sample size is not incredibly massive but you can definitely see strong trends already

3zxcys3rnol4.png

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    5.38% for energy regen on a rope? Oh yeah this modeling clay is DEFINITELY getting used on those because I'm not wasting that stamina

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    That's basically 1/40 relics from SU, so yeah.

Edit: Lol everyone should check their mail.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Silver Wolf the MVP. Also check the in game news before you check the mail

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    I used the first on speed boots for Clara, but speed boots aren't actually super rare. Energy regen ropes are. Used the second one to get a +crit chest. I'm perfectly happy with both and in general the self-modeling resin is a resource I don't intend to leave unused as they do me no good sitting in my inventory.

For what it's worth, Boots stat distribution is roughly 30% HP, 30% Atk, 30% Def, 10% Speed

I've seen higher numbers for speed (15%) but maybe it's 10%. That's not super rare yet, IMO. ER ropes are about 5% as far as I know.

I went to take a look to see if I could find some numbers but HSR wikis aren't very good yet. One intresting thing about the one good looking probability table I found was that speed was the rarest substat.

Stupid napkin math: say speed boots are 12.5% chance and you want a pair for a certain set from a cavern of corrosion. On average you get one 5* pair per 1280 power spent or one pair per 5 days and 8 hours of nothing but relic grinding. I guess that's pretty bad. That assumes 2 5* relics per run, so in the end I guess it's not quite as bad as you eventually start getting 3 5*s sometimes.

This was some testing done on CN, granted the sample size is not incredibly massive but you can definitely see strong trends already

3zxcys3rnol4.png

I call shenanigans on def being anything less than 90% based on my own experience

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Def is definitely 90% on the dps sphere and 10% on the hp/support sphere

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Spent all the free fuel, zero gold speed boots. And I even hit 60 right before starting the farming, so double the chances.

uyvfOQy.png
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Spent all the free fuel, zero gold speed boots. And I even hit 60 right before starting the farming, so double the chances.

Yeah, that's perfectly normal luck. Using 12.5% for speed boots the odds of not getting any 5* boots with 600 power are about 40%.

Which is why I'm concentrating on ascensions and traces and levels and LC levels first before starting the eternal relic grind.

I hit the 100 run achievement right at the start of that session, so zero boots out of ~200 chances is pretty bad.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Trying to figure out a secondary team to power through the Forgotten Hall stages left.

I've got Seele-Team-Six locked in hard with Bronya, Bailu, and SW, since Bailu is healing hard enough that the main team doesn't need super shields.

So team 2 is looking like Gepard, Nat, and then Tingyun? and then vary up the DPS carry depending on weakness between Dan Heng, Hook, and Sushang?

That's a lotta level up mats.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    If you build Gepard right, you don't need a healer. If you're going to head into MoC soon, you might want to swap in Pela/Sampo on one team.

uyvfOQy.png
    If you build Gepard right, you don't need a healer. If you're going to head into MoC soon, you might want to swap in Pela/Sampo on one team.

Still never picked up Sampo. Do have Pela but I've never built her past ~40 or fielded her. I'll look into that, thanks.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I refuse to level up Sampo on principle.

He knows what he did.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    for reference this is my bench, MS paint numbers are eidolon levels
    l5qh0paqh8ov.png

You should try Gepard/Pela/Yan Qing/Tingyun. Yan Qing works great with Gepard. If you swap Tingyun for Silver Wolf, you'll also be able to almost always force enemies to be weak to ice. Then you can double boost Seele with both Bonya and Tingyun.

uyvfOQy.png
    You should try Gepard/Pela/Yan Qing/Tingyun. Yan Qing works great with Gepard. If you swap Tingyun for Silver Wolf, you'll also be able to almost always force enemies to be weak to ice. Then you can double boost Seele with both Bonya and Tingyun.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Silver Wolf the MVP. Also check the in game news before you check the mail

she's a horrible little gremlin

I love her

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Silver Wolf is good enough that it's got me going "Yeah, I should save for Fu Xuan"

Mono Quantum Power Activate

So I thought none of the Museum events would top the Hook/Clara interview.

But I just got the Seele/Bronya one.

Hook/Clara was amazing, yeah.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Wow I just got a quantum head with atk%, crit rate, crit dmg, ehr and anyway now it has 22% crit damage.

Well, just hit tb60 and was able to ascend 7 characters immediately since I had prefarmed the stuff. However, I was able to level Seele to 80… and that was my entire stash of books. Hopefully that double golden calyx reward comes soon!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
    edited June 2023
    eMoander wrote: »
    Hopefully that double golden calyx reward comes soon!

July 10th to 17th so not quite yet. Also going from 70 to 80 (2.8M xp) is almost as much xp as going from 1 to 70 (3M xp). I don't think I'll bother leveling people to max level until I'm ready to unlock the lvl 80 required traces as well.

ETA: Break Effect damage uses character level so I suppose that's one good reason to level your most breakiest character ASAP (reminds me of Genshin's swirl damage). Other than that the level 70 to 80 xp slog seems something that's not very important to character power right away.

Mirkel on
    I'm only leveling DPS and Tank to 80 right now, Support can stay at 70 because levels aren't critical for them

I'm only leveling DPS and Tank to 80 right now, Support can stay at 70 because levels aren't critical for them

Still want that last ascension for traces though. (e.g. Bronya's +10% damage to the party)

edited June 2023

I mean, that's the thing - are the levels critical even for DPS or tanks? All they get is a few points of stats and slightly higher break damage. And the price of those stats is pretty huge. From 70/70 to 80/80 you get about half the stats from just ascending.

Eventually yeah you'll want to do it for the lvl 75 and lvl 80 traces.

Mirkel on
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I agree that I certainly will not be taking all of my characters to max, but I don't think it's gonna work out quite the same way in this game than in Genshin. I actually care about all my characters' HP and defense in this game, so I don't want anyone to be too far behind if only for that. And even for dps, you get a little more attack out of leveling your characters in this game than you do in Genshin. Light cones are different from weapons, too, since they get less attack in exchange for also increasing HP and defense. And the lack of an extra substat that goes up with level probably also makes them less critical to have maxed out.

I have absolutely no idea what the comparison of efficiency is for everything, though. If I wanted to make my Sushang as strong as possible in the shortest amount of time, should I focus on leveling her or her light cone, or work on her traces, or upgrade her relics? I have no idea. A bit of all of it, I guess.

I have absolutely no idea what the comparison of efficiency is for everything, though. If I wanted to make my Sushang as strong as possible in the shortest amount of time, should I focus on leveling her or her light cone, or work on her traces, or upgrade her relics? I have no idea. A bit of all of it, I guess.

Usually you always go for the cheapest upgrade for greatest effect but what that is can be tricky to figure out, which is one of the reasons I'm questioning leveling to max as the first step. There's some unintuitive traps there too like I just noticed skills have reduced scaling past lvl 10 (obviously you need E3+ for that). And 5*s have different trace/ascension costs to further complicate things.

I agree that levels are better in this than Genshin but I think that's mostly because break effect damage is something basically everybody does in this game compared to swirl in Genshin and because two big passive traces are locked behind levels. The increase in defensive stats alone is fairly minimal so I wouldn't use that as the reason, though - it's about 7% more HP and DEF which sounds alright until you realize that you get half of your stats from LC, which means it's more like 3-4% instead.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Levels are mostly important cause the damage formula takes the level difference between your character and the enemy into account.

Specifically, it generates a defense multiplier that is (Character level +20) divided by {(Enemy level + 20) x (1-%def down -%def ignore) + (Character level + 20)}.

So if your character is at an equal level to the enemy and you don't have any def down debuffs or defense ignore buffs, the Def mod is 50%, which is multiplied against everything else in the damage formula (Base dmg, crit multiplier, dmg boosts, etc). But if you are, for example, a level 70 character fighting a level 80 enemy, still with no def down/def ignore stuff, then the Def multiplier drops down to (80 + 20) / {(100 + 20) x 1 + (80 + 20)}, or ~45.45%.

Doesn't seem like much, but since this is it's own separate multiplier it can kinda add up

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Hadn't seen that level difference formula before. That does make levels a lot more important. Genshin had something similar but IIRC it was more like 3% less damage at 80 vs at 90.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Yeah, iirc the genshin formula uses (level + 100) instead of (level +20), so the difference in levels is smoothed out more.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Hadn't seen that level difference formula before. That does make levels a lot more important. Genshin had something similar but IIRC it was more like 3% less damage at 80 vs at 90.

Yeah, I've been seeing this pretty clearly laid bare trying to do SimU at level 60. Everything starts fine and as the gap expands to 5-7 levels things get ugly.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

So I'm still levelling Yan and Pela to catch up, but god damn, good call. I went with your 2nd suggestion there, SW on Team Ice, and I can already feel the synergies clicking for a 2 team setup, cleaning up the 3 star goals in Forgotten Hall like nobody's business.

Hmm, with the new tier of SU stuff, you complete the weekly points in two full clears instead of having a gap left over. That's nice. Also, lol SW makes these bosses a lot simpler.

Dropped a bunch of fuel on farming some quantum gear.
    16 gold boot drops total. One atk, one spd. The pain is real.

At least you got a speed main stat. Keep it and run, don't even care about the subs

Cleared the newest difficulty for the Sim Universe levels. Kafka in SU5 was mean and killed me on my first attempt with 1% life left trying the meme Remembrance build. I didn't have the 3 Star blessing that freezes on every 5th (or 6th unupgraded) hit to keep her permalocked. So she popped off and wiped me out at the finish line.

SU6 went much easier. Preservation route, stacked shields and bonuses from shields, and chunked her down. Even got the "Use skills 25 times in one run" achievement because I found out that the Curio which increases the number of destructible objects in each zone and doubles the rewards inside also applies that bonus to skill point and health containers in addition to just fragments.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Wanted silver wolf. Got gepard. Then got Clara off the standard banner. Won't be getting another bite at that apple. Dang.

What is this I don't even.
    Standard banner has no impact on the 50/50