As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I was just looking at the characters...and I think I figured out why I haven't been trying for Imaginary characters.

They're all dudes. :p Need some Imaginary waifus! :p

Yukong is right there, my dude.

True. But the options are her, and 4 dudes. Put her on a couch, and we're pretty much at a NSFW meme.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Yukong is also mainly a support for Imaginary units

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Nah. She has one passive that boosts Imaginary units, but otherwise she's just a really good support.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    AshtonDragonMaddoc
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Gimme more cool Yang types honestly. Just a mysterious gravely old dudes at the ripe ancient age of 30.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
    AshtonDragonDonnictonMaddocShadowfireLD50
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

Nah. She has one passive that boosts Imaginary units, but otherwise she's just a really good support.

It's funny coming here and reading this after literally just using her to support a Quantum team, but I admit it was kinda out of necessity. I'd have used Hanya instead if she was out and I had her. What Yukong does is super powerful, but really awkward, at least without her E6. I hate having to speed tune her, even if it's really as simple as "just make her a touch slower than Fu Xuan".

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

yeah Asta has the same passive for fire units but that has not stopped her from being a generically good support unit.

Shadowfire
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Honestly Yukong might be my favorite character so far. Her story is really good, and I'm always excited (and then depressed) whenever I see her show up with more. Her VA is phenomenal.

Also I didn't have to speed tune her, since Clara is even slower than Dan

uyvfOQy.png

yeah Asta has the same passive for fire units but that has not stopped her from being a generically good support unit.

Yeah, Asta/Sampo/Kafka/Luocha feels like cheating in SU.

AshtonDragon

Yeah, Asta/Sampo/Kafka/Luocha feels like cheating in SU.

Asta was always so good in that team. Now, not only does she sometimes apply an extra dot for the new relic set, but she also skyrockets everyone's speed for the new planar set.

Of course, it'll probably still be awhile before people have decent sets of both of those things. Personally I'm not even going to bother with the latest planar sets, even though they are potentially an upgrade for a few characters.

Shadowfire
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I was just looking at the characters...and I think I figured out why I haven't been trying for Imaginary characters.

They're all dudes. :p Need some Imaginary waifus! :p

This game needs more dudes and fewer waifus.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The imaginary characters are mostly men because the idea of men in waifu games is usually an imaginary concept

It's deep commentary man

AuralynxShadowfireLD50Doctor Detroit
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Who else was it that was rolling Nothing But Bailu? Just got a second copy of Time Waits for No One off the monthly wishes. Why would you transmit this terrible disease to me?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I have E1R2 Bailu and literally never use her because I have Luocha and Fu Xuan

Need a raid mode added so we have a reason to use more than two teams at a time, otherwise once you have two solid sustain units you're basically set on those and don't really need any others

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    E2R2 Bailu here.

Threw 20 warps at Huohuo for the lulz. Got the entirely expected result of 2 more Servals...up to 14, I believe.

92kgi3hbremm.png

here's where I'm starting with bronya. this is honestly less bad than I thought it would be. She has more health than my tingyun who is lvl 80 which means i should probably revisit her gear lol.

I need to go back over my earliest characters, because I built them when resources were more limited so I had a very "Good enough, move on" approach to them and they can absolutely do with some upgrades.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I've got E1 Bailu and E2 Clara. Most of my 4 stars are either E0 or E15 with nothing in between. It sucks.

Need a raid mode added so we have a reason to use more than two teams at a time, otherwise once you have two solid sustain units you're basically set on those and don't really need any others

You're in luck, guess what MoC 11-12 requires?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    257/300 on silver banner and I just pulled Clara, making Himeko the only silver 5* I don't have.

...And most likely staying that way, sorry Himeko, I'd rather have Bronya's E2 when I hit 300.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    I need to go back over my earliest characters, because I built them when resources were more limited so I had a very "Good enough, move on" approach to them and they can absolutely do with some upgrades.

Yeah that’s kinda what I am thinking after setting up bronya with random pieces and it being way better than expected that I probably have some upgrades for people who’s gear I haven’t messed with for a while.

Auralynx
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Had a weird thing happen to me today when I did my second SU run for the week. Killed the end boss of SU6, got a "You gain a bonus curio!" text and I got that silver coin thing that adds +50% fragments. Never seen that happen before and it's totally silly as there's no use for any curio after the last boss.

Very odd.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Had a weird thing happen to me today when I did my second SU run for the week. Killed the end boss of SU6, got a "You gain a bonus curio!" text and I got that silver coin thing that adds +50% fragments. Never seen that happen before and it's totally silly as there's no use for any curio after the last boss.

Very odd.

Shot in the dark, do you have Topaz and used her technique before the fight? It gives a small chance for a curio after a SU fight. It's the only thing I can think of.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    ReynoldsMirkelAuralynxShadowfire
    edited December 2023

Very odd.

Shot in the dark, do you have Topaz and used her technique before the fight? It gives a small chance for a curio after a SU fight. It's the only thing I can think of.

Ah, that was it! Thanks, was a bit of a headscratcher. If it had been a bug it would've been a really strange one for sure.

Shows I don't actually read what my characters can do. :D

Mirkel on

Very odd.

Ah, that was it! Thanks, was a bit of a headscratcher. If it had been a bug it would've been a really strange one for sure.

"Ability goes brrrrrr" is how I often play, yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuMeeEqjS-0

Qingque/Propogation things keep happening. It's super reliable to skip phase 3 of SU bosses with Propogation, even when your build doesn't go particularly well, but I think this is the first time I skipped both of the additional phases of Cocolia. My build was pretty good, but nothing ridiculous.

Doctor DetroitLD50Shadowfire
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Very odd.

By contrast, I do read and my pick-rate on Omniscient Capsule is way up so I can spam Numby harder.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited December 2023
    Auralynx wrote: »

Very odd.

By contrast, I do read and my pick-rate on Omniscient Capsule is way up so I can spam Numby harder.

Any idea what the actual rate of Numby finding bonus curios is?

Also these days if you really want to spam a technique you could just eat Trick Snacks all day long, since consumables work in SU now.

Mirkel on
    Auralynx
    edited December 2023
    Auralynx wrote: »

Very odd.

Any idea what the actual rate of Numby finding bonus curios is?

Also these days if you really want to spam a technique you could just eat Trick Snacks all day long, since consumables work in SU now.

Not that high; the hit rate seems less than the lottery tickets. It's the extra fragments more than the curio chance!

E: The extra energy regenerated by the first Numby attack also turns her into a burst machine if you go into a fight already charged - you lead with Turn a Profit into Difficulty Paying? and can often get 4 charged Numby attacks out real quick.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Argenti looks interesting, but he's got a good number of caveats for usage like his astronomical ultimate cost (180 for the full power version) necessitating supports that give him energy like Huohuo and Tingyun if you want to ever actually use that ultimate. He's going to be at his most powerful in AoE fights, no surprise for an Erudition character, but I'm not sure how well he's going to perform in single-target fights. Might be really good for the new mode coming out soon though that's all wave after wave of enemies.

As ever, Grimro's analysis
    https://youtu.be/M-omzfYK9GQ

edited December 2023
    Easy skip for me. Going to be grabbing some 4*s on the SW rerun banner instead. If I get an early 5* it's cool but I don't really need SW's E1 all that much.

Edit: 9TRB7C2LDQBP

Mirkel on
    ReynoldsShadowfireGarickDoctor Detroit
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    In the continuing saga of screw you Garick, I threw another 70 pulls trying to scrounge up every last jade I could get from anything to get huohuo before time ran out and was unsuccessful. Then I hit hard pity in the standard warp using the exchange and got the erudition light cone... one that I'll never ever use. so... yup.

I successfully got Hanya before Argenti showed up. Don't really feel the need to roll for eidolons, she seems perfectly fine at E0 for now.

SaldonasShadowfire
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Put 20 pulls towards Hanya/Argenti - managed E1 Hanya but also pulled Bronya finally. Was excited to build Hanya but don't think I can sit on building Bronya first

PSN SeGaTai
    SaldonasAshtonDragonMirkelMadicanShadowfire
    Hmm, well, I got Hanya and Argenti came along for the ride. Unfortunately I don't have any gear for him or even a LC besides Breakfast, I could steal Jing Yuan's signature but I'm currently rebuilding him now that he's got an excellent gear set, so he's probably going to be on the back burner for a bit.

Hanya looks pretty nifty though

Sumbitch even has five stars in his hair.

3miy22q9ywla.png

SaldonasShadowfire
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Well I wanted a Hanya and 40 rolls managed to net me her on the Silverwolf banner. No 5*s but that's fine, I'd be getting E2 Silverwolf if I had won anyway.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    AshtonDragonMirkelShadowfire
    Well, got my Hanya, Lynx E1 and E2 and Asta's last eidolon. No pre-pity 5* as usual but I suppose that was decent 4* luck as things go. Pity is at 52 now.

AshtonDragonSaldonasShadowfire
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Well I wanted a Hanya and 40 rolls managed to net me her on the Silverwolf banner. No 5*s but that's fine, I'd be getting E2 Silverwolf if I had won anyway.

E2 Silver Wolf is pretty good though

Shadowfire
    3 10-pulls in, no Hanya. I figured "one more pull won't hurt," and got E2 Bailu. Still no Hanya.

I have to assume someone (probably Maddoc?) cursed me somehow, but at least that means I know I'll get whoever I chase next.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

The new fight club match quickly devolved into hilarity as I got a bonus after the first one that fills the character's ult gauge when they weakness break. It has Argenti as a 75 trial, and the moment he broke one enemy, I just spammed his level 2 ult until the field was dead.

Saldonas