As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

19596979899101»

Posts

  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Garick wrote: »
    So, what if Sparkle, Bronya and Seele? Would the enemies ever get a turn?

    Welt often makes enemies just get repeatedly lapped so if you could deal with the skill point issue.. maybe?

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Actually maybe achievement hunting is stupid. I spent a night grinding a bunch out, but I'm not sure 1/32 of one pull is worth this effort.

    On the other hand, I have nothing else to do...

    uyvfOQy.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited March 2
    Well, today's round of the event was pretty trivial with BS/Kafka/Gui. (Actually, Gui's probably more relevant than BS here, since the stage mechanic is technically a burn)

    Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Everyone else: *sends messages to Trailblazer chatting*
    Sparkle: *nonstop trolling on random accounts*

  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited March 3
    So, test leak spoiler stuff
    Very happy with the latest change to Aventurine basically making it so he no longer requires E1.

    Before, his talent would only activate on an ally's FUA once per turn and E1 would remove the cap. Now E1 doesn't affect the cap, but the cap is three times per turn.

    Also his Defense to Crit rate cap was increased again, so with 4k Defense he basically has 53% base crit rate.

    EDIT: That said, his E1 is now fucked up good in a different way. He gets a free party shield equal to his skill after using his ult. Can likely play him totally SP positive with E1.

    Maddoc on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So, test leak spoiler stuff
    Very happy with the latest change to Aventurine basically making it so he no longer requires E1.

    Before, his talent would only activate on an ally's FUA once per turn and E1 would remove the cap. Now E1 doesn't affect the cap, but the cap is three times per turn.

    Also his Defense to Crit rate cap was increased again, so with 4k Defense he basically has 53% base crit rate.

    EDIT: That said, his E1 is now fucked up good in a different way. He gets a free party shield equal to his skill after using his ult. Can likely play him totally SP positive with E1.
    Gallagher also got a cleanse on his E2. Fucking hot.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I decided to check my recent gacha history:

    hb7bccd9c2r3.png

    As you can see, I almost always get my targets, but I pretty much have to hit pity majority of the time, even if I have a pretty good luck with winning 50/50.

  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I got my Bronya to 80 with 8/8/8 traces and decided to give her a shot with Dan in MoC 12...and I can't even beat it, much less beat it faster than I did with my previous team. I guess I'll keep working on those traces and try again, but this was pretty discouraging. Using Bronya and Tingyun together didn't seem like a noticeable damage/speed increase over just Yukong.

    uyvfOQy.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited March 4
    If you're talking Imbibator Lunae, she's not a great partner with him due to SP issues.

    Ting and Ruan Mei or Pela are more common (Or Yukong with speed tuning or E6)

    Maddoc on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 4
    Forgot about the monthly shop reset so those tickets let me do another 10 pull on standard and 10 on sparkle. No big hit but it gave me e6 qingque which should be fun and also exactly 600 shinies so I bought the bronya lightcone. Will be excited to see how that improves her gameplay and sp economy and all of that tomorrow after I farm the ascension stuff

    initiatefailure on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    If you're talking Imbibator Lunae, she's not a great partner with him due to SP issues.

    Ting and Ruan Mei or Pela are more common (Or Yukong with speed tuning or E6)

    I guess now I can go back to being annoyed I used my 5 star selector on Bronya (especially when I wound up pulling another copy of her later). And also let buried annoyances of pulling Dan bubble up to the surface. I absolutely wouldn't have cleared MoC 10+ without him for a long while, but I still regret pulling him and get annoyed whenever I have to use him. Just so boring.

    uyvfOQy.png
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    I know this is old news but got my first really outrageous Propagation run going on with QQ vs Deer boss, I've seen some fast wins before but I think this was the first time Luocha's 2-turn technique didn't have time to wear off during a three phase boss fight. Quite silly.

    Also got 60022 points in PF earlier today with an emotional rollercoaster of "and now I'll use Kafka's ult to win! Oh wait, that stupid TV is getting its turn first because I was too slow to press the button, there goes my energy. Wait, I'll still get just enough energy before this is over, BOOM!".

  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    As promised, Pure Fiction fucking sucks even more than usual this week. I continue to hate everything about this mode, and how it robs me of both jades and content every time it resets and wastes a slot that used to be filled by a MoC that had reasonable turn requirements.

    Not even pulling Xueyi off a random ticket from leveling Yanqinq can improve my mood right now. Pure Fiction is such garbage, and the current (and most likely future) Memory of Chaos being boring, annoying, and too difficult isn't much better.

    There's not even a new follow up attack character for them to sell to justify this current setup. It just sucks for no reason.

    uyvfOQy.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited March 4
    Guarantee this PF round is there to sell you on Aventurine.

    Edit: Or not, thinking about it - it's not going to last long enough(I'm assuming he's after Acheron?). I'm not sure what this round is meant to be for then, because I got more points with Black Swan than Ratio/Topaz together.

    Donnicton on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Guarantee this PF round is there to sell you on Aventurine.

    Edit: Or not, thinking about it - it's not going to last long enough(I'm assuming he's after Acheron?). I'm not sure what this round is meant to be for then, because I got more points with Black Swan than Ratio/Topaz together.

    Both this PF and the current MOC seem designed to sell Aventurine, and I’m wondering if they shuffled the banner order and not the content rollout.

    PF 3-2 seems extremely determined to get you to roll on Jing Yuan, too.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Now that you say that, that seems obvious and I forget I even own JY. I see thunder/wind weakness and I jammed kafka/black swan through it without ever thinking about it

    PSN SeGaTai
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited March 4
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Now that you say that, that seems obvious and I forget I even own JY. I see thunder/wind weakness and I jammed kafka/black swan through it without ever thinking about it

    I might, hypothetically, have come up just under 60k with Blade / Kafka / Serval and the "ultimates are followups" modifier and gone "what the hell did they expect me to... oh. Dangit."

    I do not have Jing Yuan.

    E: honestly it's mostly that the soda monkeys are horrible trolls. If anyone has a beefy Fire TB let me know how that works on them.

    Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Guarantee this PF round is there to sell you on Aventurine.

    Edit: Or not, thinking about it - it's not going to last long enough(I'm assuming he's after Acheron?). I'm not sure what this round is meant to be for then, because I got more points with Black Swan than Ratio/Topaz together.

    Both this PF and the current MOC seem designed to sell Aventurine, and I’m wondering if they shuffled the banner order and not the content rollout.

    PF 3-2 seems extremely determined to get you to roll on Jing Yuan, too.

    I always just figured Acheron would probably be first in 2.1 but there isn't really any evidence that would be the case, now this content comes out and it makes more sense put in the context of pushing JY->Aventurine.

  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Now that you say that, that seems obvious and I forget I even own JY. I see thunder/wind weakness and I jammed kafka/black swan through it without ever thinking about it

    I might, hypothetically, have come up just under 60k with Blade / Kafka / Serval and the "ultimates are followups" modifier and gone "what the hell did they expect me to... oh. Dangit."

    I do not have Jing Yuan.

    E: honestly it's mostly that the soda monkeys are horrible trolls. If anyone has a beefy Fire TB let me know how that works on them.

    Not sure if Fire TB is good for them, the shields just aren't big enough. If I see soda monkeys I bring Gep now that I have him.

  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Yeah since the monkes are designed to be countered by a shield character, we come back to Aventurine(Shield + Imaginary + Followup) - TB's piddly shields can't really do the job. I've broken them outright at the start before, but they suffer almost no pushback from it. I can go "fuck it" and just point Ratio at them and they die, but since this is another "marginalize the hunt characters with fields of trash" PF he is kind of dead weight until the trotters come out.

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited March 4
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Yeah since the monkes are designed to be countered by a shield character, we come back to Aventurine(Shield + Imaginary + Followup) - TB's piddly shields can't really do the job. I've broken them outright at the start before, but they suffer almost no pushback from it. I can go "fuck it" and just point Ratio at them and they die, but since this is another "marginalize the hunt characters with fields of trash" PF he is kind of dead weight until the trotters come out.

    Yeah. I may try to get my 3* on that by putting Ratio into the 3-1 team with Himeko and Topaz and just going to town behind Gepard, tbh. I had Clara in instead and the turn advance buff, which was pretty crazy, but I ought to generate a pretty similar number of followups.

    I've tried my under-geared Fire TB on them a couple times, and the sodas bounce off partial shields too, but he just ends up not generating enough charges or energy to be reliable there. I'll bite the bullet and let Gepard be a battery of I need to - nothing new there - but the monkeys are just quite rude. I like the BBQ Rexes way better.

    Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The BBQ rexes are very funny when you have 3+ DoT on them.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    All of the 'new' reskinned enemies are disappointingly lackluster. I at least remember what the older ones do, I'm not sure I've even noticed if the 'new' ones have new mechanics.

    uyvfOQy.png
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    The new dogs don't summon adds or fully advance everything around them when they die, so I'll take them. Can still be a little tricky when their self destruct happens at an odd time and flips the TVs or something, though.

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    The new dogs don't summon adds or fully advance everything around them when they die, so I'll take them. Can still be a little tricky when their self destruct happens at an odd time and flips the TVs or something, though.

    Honestly, the soda monkey is the only bad one. The others are all fine.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Soda monkey was annoying fighting them in the Penacony zones so I was not looking forward to meeting them in MoC/PF

  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I still don't know what they do. Something about shields? The event mission had abilities for shields, so I assume so.

    uyvfOQy.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited March 4
    The event mission was pretty easy to fully clear with a trial-only team once I realized that the secret was just to keep killing the dogs so they'd move the monkey's turn order up faster. (Gepard/March/Ratio/Topaz) I had like 60 stacks of the buff.

    Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I still don't know what they do. Something about shields? The event mission had abilities for shields, so I assume so.

    Yeah, shields reflect (a portion of?) the damage they do when their big attack that they do after charging up and disabling their weaknesses. I couldn't tell you how effective this is exactly outside of the event gimmick, because my lack of Gepard has made them probably the most difficult elite enemy in the game.

  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I just brute forced them with team Nihility. They're not hard to sustain through or anything, it's just slower without shields. I'd agree that PF is definitely setting them up for the new guy specifically though... I should put more into Gepard, he kind of got left behind since Fu Xuan both makes a team hard to kill and buffs offense.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I didn't actually know what the monkey mechanic was until now. I just kinda autobattled them in the story.

    but let's just say I did not 3* PF3 on my first attempt.

  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeah, they've always just...died.

    uyvfOQy.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I still don't know what they do. Something about shields? The event mission had abilities for shields, so I assume so.

    Yeah, shields reflect (a portion of?) the damage they do when their big attack that they do after charging up and disabling their weaknesses. I couldn't tell you how effective this is exactly outside of the event gimmick, because my lack of Gepard has made them probably the most difficult elite enemy in the game.

    They also turn off their own Break vulnerability periodically.

    They're very doable, just deeply inconvenient in a way similar to the Auramatons.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 4
    If a soda throw hits a character with a shield, in addition to doing damage to the character, the monkey also takes a fixed amount of damage based on the monkey's Max HP (the throw is "reflected"). This can actually add up to quite a lot if you have enough shields.

    Fire TB unfortunately does not necessarily get the job done, though, because it checks whether you're shielded after each hit, so if a quad throw all targets one character and the shield pops after the first hit, you only get one reflect. And TB shields are pretty small

    Fry on
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    That shield phase came at the perfect time, because I just finished up buying and leveling up Gepard's light cone and putting the finishing touches on him.
    5fb98izoh3xv.jpg

    Just need to round off the traces... but the only one he remotely cares about is the ultimate anyways. I'll still max them out though because... eh why not.

    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Having just explained how soda monkeys work, I am quite lost as to how the fourth round of this event (soda monkeys and Quake) is supposed to work. Some of my characters don't stack up shields like at all, even when the event thing is stacked up to 40. And I feel like I'm not getting all that much Quake damage out of my team even from the characters who do appear to have their shields properly stacked. I have tried like a dozen times and can't score higher than an A, whereas the first three were all easy SS ranks just using rental characters.

  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Having just explained how soda monkeys work, I am quite lost as to how the fourth round of this event (soda monkeys and Quake) is supposed to work. Some of my characters don't stack up shields like at all, even when the event thing is stacked up to 40. And I feel like I'm not getting all that much Quake damage out of my team even from the characters who do appear to have their shields properly stacked. I have tried like a dozen times and can't score higher than an A, whereas the first three were all easy SS ranks just using rental characters.

    Gepard ult to get big fat shields, mainly.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Having just explained how soda monkeys work, I am quite lost as to how the fourth round of this event (soda monkeys and Quake) is supposed to work. Some of my characters don't stack up shields like at all, even when the event thing is stacked up to 40. And I feel like I'm not getting all that much Quake damage out of my team even from the characters who do appear to have their shields properly stacked. I have tried like a dozen times and can't score higher than an A, whereas the first three were all easy SS ranks just using rental characters.

    (All trial) Gepard, Ratio, Topaz, Clara basically plays itself for a smooth SS. Gepard only ever basic attacks, Ratio only ever skills. Other two can do whatever as the situation wants. If people don't need shields, Gepard can hold his ult. Otherwise, just spam away.

    ztrEPtD.gif
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
Sign In or Register to comment.