As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah the main thing is literally +100% Damage from attacking a target with 5 debuffs at E6, it's totally unnecessary

E2 allows her to gear more for damage, but it's not going to be a wildly significant

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    And Silver Wolf shows up at 49 pulls for another early. So basically it took 89 total pulls to get her, hard pity under normal circumstances, but in the process I got a "free" Welt. Acceptable, and now I might be able to swing Luocha but we'll see.

I appreciate that Silver Wolf's LC choices are pretty balanced between gacha and F2P and you're not really losing anything by picking the free one since they're more different roles she can fill rather than just straight stats. Tutorial for Support, Sweat for hybrid Support/DPS, and her own signature LC for "Look at me, I am the DPS now."

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Must be nice to get 5*s before 75+ pulls.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Must be nice to get 5*s before 75+ pulls.

To be fair, this was my luck in Genshin, a summon system identical to this one including amounts to pity, 50/50s, etc.
    UUPmlgV.png

Clearly this is just HSR trying to balance the scales again and the only reason I look like I have good luck is because they were tipped so far they need a hell of a counterweight to bring it back.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Tiny quality of life change I appreciate: you no longer have to accept each daily training award individually. Clicking one when multiple are available collects all of them at once.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Oh also all my ultimately unsuccessful attempts to get SW did at least nearly max Dan's eidolons which is nice, cause I like using him and had basically nothing for him prior.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    big fan of silver being a horrid dorito gremlin

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I feel like I should try to get Silver Wolf, as I don't really have a Nihility character built up, much less a Quantum one. On the other hand I feel like Luocha is the better get. Second healer, and Imaginary to boot.

That and I'm a bit cool on the 4*'s. I love Serval's character, but Jing is just her kit on steroids. Asta is... whatever. I know her kit has its uses, I probably just need to look into it more. And Dan... well I probably should get around to building him up at some point. If anything it's nice to get some solid confirmation that the free 4* characters will actually be on banners. I feel for any Amber lovers out there.

At any rate my bet is they put Arlan and Sampo on the next banner, because I think they're the only ones left right now. And I think the safe play in this early game is to just collect all the possible characters you can first.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I think Arlan is the only 4* I don't have so far.

I'm sitting on e5 Dan Heng, should probably build him.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    big fan of silver being a horrid dorito gremlin

She's the worst. I love her.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Give me Screwllum as playable.
    Yes I am aware. Shhhh.

• Options
    I just met Silver Wolf on the train now that her quest is done.
    Dork of the highest caliber

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Yes I am aware. Shhhh.
    You know, I figured this was a spoiler for the event, so I figured I was safe to click it. I'd advise more carefully marking spoilers, but... marking this would probably spoil people who don't even read it, so I don't even have a suggestion.

Probably not spoiling anything that wasn't a safe assumption anyway, in this case.

• Options
    Yes I am aware. Shhhh.
    You know, I figured this was a spoiler for the event, so I figured I was safe to click it. I'd advise more carefully marking spoilers, but... marking this would probably spoil people who don't even read it, so I don't even have a suggestion.

Probably not spoiling anything that wasn't a safe assumption anyway, in this case.

don't feel like this needs spoilering but just as a courtesy based on how you feel
    I mean, to be fair, as someone totally new to this company's games, it feels like this game (like many others) has exactly 2 categories of character design: NPC and "will eventually be a party member"

• Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Yes I am aware. Shhhh.

don't feel like this needs spoilering but just as a courtesy based on how you feel
    I mean, to be fair, as someone totally new to this company's games, it feels like this game (like many others) has exactly 2 categories of character design: NPC and "will eventually be a party member"

Yeah when it comes to Mihoyo
    If a character has a unique design, name, and background it's more a matter of WHEN you'll be able to play as them rather than if.

Side note, but doing more research on Silver Wolf and interacting with her dorkness in the train while looking at how I don't really want anyone upcoming except Luocha for aesthetics (but I can wait)...I'm kinda tempted to see if I can get one Eidolon for her. Just the first one, that's good enough and I have the resources to do it if I don't strike out on the 50/50. But if I do then I can save the guaranteed pity for someone else.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Got SW functional enough (lvl 60, LC lvl 54, traces are still shit but I'm working on it) to take her to a few real fights and I do like what she brings to the table. Getting more vulnerabilities for enemies makes breaking them a lot easier and her technique is super good as it basically breaks every easier enemy no matter what their weaknesses are. I gave her my better SPD boots so now she acts first.

By the time I'll get Silver Wolf anywhere near my currently build top 5 characters I'll hit TB lvl 60 and then it's supposed to be mass ascension time again.

• Options
    You know I was kind of joking when I said HSR is trying to correct the balance in luck from when I played Genshin but now I'm not so sure if that isn't what's actually happening when things like this occur.

pDNqlAA.png

Welp, that's an E2 Silver Wolf. So when I hit EQ5 next week that means I need to be down in the Quantum relic mines immediately so this newfound demigod can truly flex her strength.

• Options
    You know I was kind of joking when I said HSR is trying to correct the balance in luck from when I played Genshin but now I'm not so sure if that isn't what's actually happening when things like this occur.

pDNqlAA.png

Welp, that's an E2 Silver Wolf. So when I hit EQ5 next week that means I need to be down in the Quantum relic mines immediately so this newfound demigod can truly flex her strength.

you see you guys? I'm not the luckiest goddamn bastard in the room.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    As the scales must be balanced, I'm 70 warps in and no SW. Would also be a coin flip if I keep going.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    As the scales must be balanced, I'm 70 warps in and no SW. Would also be a coin flip if I keep going.

Yeah, my luck has turned since the banners rotated, though wow is Bronya silly. Doesn't really matter which Hunt character I try to carry with, they go nuts.

At least it's feeding me Serval eidolons pretty consistently, given I'm using her for trash clearance a lot.

• Options
    I went to soft pity, got Yanqing, and then went to soft pity again before finally getting Silver Wolf, and only got one eidolon for Serval along the way. So don't worry, plenty of people have not had much luck.

That said, my impressions so far of Silver Wolf are extremely good. It's hard for me to imagine that I will regret my decisions in the long run.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Time to eat madican!

…obviously to gain their power! That’s obvious right? Right?

Anyway silver wolf is a monster- I just obliterated sim 5-2 and I got an achievement for giving Kafka two weaknesses.

Would people be interested in me swapping to her on friend thing to try out? Mine is is pretty serviceably geared with lvl 6-7 traces now and has maybe too much EHR (96.9%)

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    lost the 50-50 and pulled Clara; I think the rest of my jade only gets me like 40 more pulls - now I'm stuck wondering if keep pulling for SW or wait

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    I am weak and went all-in for Silver Wolf even though I said I wouldn't. Managed to get an E2 plus her weapon (side note: I am really loving how much better the weapon banner is here than Genshin; lower pity threshold and 75% success rate is pretty nice) while only getting one extra Himeko that I won't level past 20 for now as resources are ridiculously tight.

E2 is really good, it immediately debuffs any mob as it enters the field, which then further reduces its effect resist for everyone else. Should pair really well into a Nihility team, as it reduces the need for EHR for your entire team and immediately stacks a debuff regardless of her speed (which I need to crank up a lot right now).

I'm working on levels and traces, but really feeling a lack of relics right now. I just hit 57 so I'm chomping at the bit to start farming relics hard, but not quite there yet. Separate question: does the +8% atk to the party from the hp relic set stack? I already have it on Bronya but I do have a +quantum piece from that set that might be decent. I don't see anything in the decription that says it shouldn't, but it also feel kind of op if it does...

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    lost the 50-50 and pulled Clara; I think the rest of my jade only gets me like 40 more pulls - now I'm stuck wondering if keep pulling for SW or wait

The good news at least it's that Clara is very good.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »
    I am weak and went all-in for Silver Wolf even though I said I wouldn't. Managed to get an E2 plus her weapon (side note: I am really loving how much better the weapon banner is here than Genshin; lower pity threshold and 75% success rate is pretty nice) while only getting one extra Himeko that I won't level past 20 for now as resources are ridiculously tight.

E2 is really good, it immediately debuffs any mob as it enters the field, which then further reduces its effect resist for everyone else. Should pair really well into a Nihility team, as it reduces the need for EHR for your entire team and immediately stacks a debuff regardless of her speed (which I need to crank up a lot right now).

I'm working on levels and traces, but really feeling a lack of relics right now. I just hit 57 so I'm chomping at the bit to start farming relics hard, but not quite there yet. Separate question: does the +8% atk to the party from the hp relic set stack? I already have it on Bronya but I do have a +quantum piece from that set that might be decent. I don't see anything in the decription that says it shouldn't, but it also feel kind of op if it does...

It does stack, yeah.

With 1 party member using the +8% set, my Seele has 1062 + 1835 ATK in battle. With 2 party members on the set and no other changes, it goes to 1062 + 1920. Note that that isn't actually another x1.08 increase, so not sure how exactly it's calculated, but it definitely stacks to some extent.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

It does stack, yeah.

With 1 party member using the +8% set, my Seele has 1062 + 1835 ATK in battle. With 2 party members on the set and no other changes, it goes to 1062 + 1920. Note that that isn't actually another x1.08 increase, so not sure how exactly it's calculated, but it definitely stacks to some extent.

Multipliers to the same thing are additive. It's adding another 8% of your base attack.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    ph blake wrote: »

It does stack, yeah.

Multipliers to the same thing are additive. It's adding another 8% of your base attack.

Oh yeah, that checks out. 1062 x 1.08 = 85; 1920 -1835 = 85

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »

Clara's not a bad consolation prize, from what I've heard. As for more warps? If you really want SW, you can give it try, but you might fall short. But you're also probably looking at a guaranteed Luocha if you need a healer. Or the 1.2 characters.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Clara isn't great. In some very specific situations she's okay, but outside of those she's nearly useless. Way too much setup for not much reward, when you could just slap in any other 5 star damage dealer and hit auto for better results.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Clara isn't great. In some very specific situations she's okay, but outside of those she's nearly useless. Way too much setup for not much reward, when you could just slap in any other 5 star damage dealer and hit auto for better results.

Those "very specific" situations are Memory of Chaos, the only difficult content in the game. Yeah you can replace Clara with anyone else on auto for anything outside of MoC, but you can do that with anyone because it's not designed to be difficult so it doesn't matter who you use. Whereas if you try to auto in MoC you are going to get nuked to hell in about two seconds regardless of your team.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I would just say stop hating everyone that's not the number 1 single target dps in the game

• Options
    Clara was barely in the top ten characters for MoC at launch, when there were even less options. I doubt she's even considered for it anymore, unless you have none of those other options. Outside of, again, the very specific circumstances where everything lines up for both her and the support she requires.

She's also going to be even less useful there when MoC resets and swaps to the new rules soon.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Clara was barely in the top ten characters for MoC at launch, when there were even less options. I doubt she's even considered for it anymore, unless you have none of those other options. Outside of, again, the very specific circumstances where everything lines up for both her and the support she requires.

She's also going to be even less useful there when MoC resets and swaps to the new rules soon.

She's Destruction, not Hunt or Erudition, so the rules changes aren't going to affect her at all. If anything her maintaining her top status vs Hunt and Erudition is amazing when she's not getting the buffs they are in current MoC.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Clara is absolutely top tier, and the only real setup you need for her is to pair her with March's shield.

I'm holding out on mild hope that when they get around to adding new relics, one set ends up being something akin to "Greatly increases the chance of being attacked". Then she'll be broken

Right now instead of March I have her paired with Gepard. Which really isn't ideal, because he just has a natural taunt. Her only real contribution in that setup is her ultimate, and she still hits like a damn brick with it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Even Gepard isn't too bad of a pairing with her, just stick her next to him in the slots. There's often enough AoE type attacks going on to get some splashed onto Clara

• Options
    Clara's also really effective in the Simulated Universe. Both destruction and elation blessings just go nuts with her. She's definitely not the fastest to start before things actually get tough though, so I sometimes switch gears to build a team that focuses more on her before the end.

Also, Star Rail had a trailer at the Summer Games Fest. I think it was new? Mostly showed the usual suspects/showcased Silver Wolf, but it also briefly showed off Luka, who looks rad. And it said something about the PS5 version that I didn't quite catch.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Clara costs two character to slots to use since you have to bring March, and that doesn't actually increase her damage, unlike bringing any other support for any other damage dealer. It just enables her to function at a basic level. She does much less damage than every other 5 star damage dealer but one in your standard boss fight, and only does appreciable damage if you're somehow fighting 3+ enemies that don't die instantly. Because then Jing or Seele would just wipe them in one turn anyway.

Also they all have to do a regular attack on their turns, not a multi-hitting attack that one shots your support (that don't have shields because you have to use single target March), or charge/buff then fire a targeted attack that can pick a different target than Clara. Or casts debuffs/DoTs instead of direct attacks. Also they can't incapacitate Clara and then attack, because then she won't counter. Oh they also can't summon things that have no attacks and instead buff or explode, because she can't counter them either.

So, in the absolute best case scenario, she's...useful! Slightly better than...every other 5 star you could just use normally in every other situation without a dedicated character and tons of setup!

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Clara is good and fun and my friend. Also, have you seen Svarog's jacket?

Honestly this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say anything bad about her gameplay, so I'm kinda taken aback. All I can say is that she feels really strong to me. On an account that has an E1 Jing Yuan with his personal LC, I've swapped him out for her in the SU before. Maybe I'm a crazy person though, that would check out.