As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    At least the fail case on the standard banner chars is all useful now that people have realized himeko isn’t actually bad

initiatefailure on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    At least the fail case on the standard banner chars is all useful now that people have realized himeko isn’t actually bad

What was the argument there?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Auralynx wrote: »

What was the argument there?

Theorycrafters learning more about the game, characters getting invested in for experimentation now that core teams are mostly completed, and each round of MoC changing up weaknesses. Another area they underestimated was Seele's staying power, they thought she would fall off in the meta as less enemies were weak to Quantum in MoC along with the revival enemies and lack of the MoC buff that made her excellent in it. Turns out Seele is very good at just brute forcing her way through problems and isn't going anywhere any time soon. And that's without Silver Wolf's assistance.

https://www.prydwen.gg/star-rail/tier-list

Madican on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Just like in Genshin, early tier lists are useless.

And just like in Genshin, if you're able to get great gear, even Herta can kick ass.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Just like in Genshin, early tier lists are useless.

And just like in Genshin, if you're able to get great gear, even Herta can kick ass.

Kurukuru~

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    I’ve been doing my simulated universe runs but trying to go with no healer. It’s actually pretty easy with abundance as you might expect, but I’ve been having a lot of fun going destruction with a little preservation. Sacrificing our own hp and just relying on minimal shields to survive long enough to burn down the enemy hp before they kill us. Made more challenging when I have only one lvl 80 on the mix!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    eMoander wrote: »
    I’ve been doing my simulated universe runs but trying to go with no healer. It’s actually pretty easy with abundance as you might expect, but I’ve been having a lot of fun going destruction with a little preservation. Sacrificing our own hp and just relying on minimal shields to survive long enough to burn down the enemy hp before they kill us. Made more challenging when I have only one lvl 80 on the mix!

I've sometimes thought about doing something like that but if you try to run 4 DPS you'll tend to have issues with skill points. I suppose some characters do decent damage even with their basic attacks, like Dan with High Gale - Basic ATK deals 40% more DMG to Slowed enemies.

Sounds like a fun challenge though.

Mirkel on
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    As someone who only has Natasha as a healer, going with no healer makes a lot of sense in order to enable the Seele/Silver Wolf duo to easily mop up more bosses. I haven't played with trying it without picking Abundance, though. And I actually start with Nat, but then later swap her out when I have enough blessings that she isn't necessary.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    As someone who only has Natasha as a healer, going with no healer makes a lot of sense in order to enable the Seele/Silver Wolf duo to easily mop up more bosses. I haven't played with trying it without picking Abundance, though. And I actually start with Nat, but then later swap her out when I have enough blessings that she isn't necessary.

You can do some real cheaty stuff with good luck on Perseverance / Destruction, shielding-wise, but the comeback potential if you do get low is iffy.

Still might be able to swing it with Gepard on the team, though.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I have a below average Clara and Jing Yuan, a very underbuilt Yanqing who's mostly there just to warm the slot, and Gepard who is currently the only one actually built. And while he gives great shields, he has virtually no dps.

With this team I've been able to clear a lot of the SU out via the Elation path. I'm kind of shocked because it's almost solely on the shoulders of Gepard. And even with sub optimal damage, the right Elation buffs boost the shit out of follow up attacks.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    The Elation path makes Clara a complete beast, she's carried me through SU every time.

Shadowfire wrote: »
    The Elation path makes Clara a complete beast, she's carried me through SU every time.

Just getting her the 1* blessing that heals on a follow-up attack makes her basically immortal.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Every time I'm dumb enough to engage with simulated world I end up thinking yeah, I should just ignore this whole thing. It's weird since I really like Elysian Realm.

World 5 might be the worst yet, since its preferred blessing is all this healing stuff I don't want with a final boss that can disable my healer and then, if RNG turns the right way, one-shot any particular character at will without defensive blessings to soak up the crazy damage and friendly fire.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Huh? The worlds have preferred blessings?
    I think outside of the first time you unlock a new path it's just pure RNG.

Also fireMC is great especially if you get the preservation blessing that gives shields a 20/30% to cleanse a debuff, as literally every action she does applies shields to the whole party. Natasha also has a trace (or maybe an early eidolon?) That will guarantee a cleanse when she used her heal. With those you'll basically never see the friendly fire.

steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    The point of Abundance is that the path resonance (well, the right upgrade on it) clears debuffs to negate the main mechanic of the boss on World 5.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I meant the first time through, yeah, I originally mentioned hating doing new worlds in particular but lost that context when I changed the sentence.

So I ended up with like, the Hunt selected, then a bunch of useless Abundance stuff and like 3 bad Hunt blessings.

I decided to see if Abundance had anything good, like overflow healing dealing damage or something, and went all in on it on a second attempt.

Fights got excruciatingly slow towards the end but it worked. 47 turns on the boss (I turned on auto battle and tabbed out tbh), but it got done.

Not that I've gone super deep into the SU, but I imagine there are some paths that are just tailor made for a certain boss, like Abundance for Kafka. But in general I think they're more just general playstyles for specific parties. As said, you've got a lot of follow-up people like Clara, Elation is king. Meanwhile I'm tempted to try out Preservation with Gepard, since that path is all about pimping out shields, and he's the obviously premier shieldbot. I haven't tried it fully yet, but I took a look at Destruction. Every time its blessings came up, some of them looked mighty strange. Damage is shared between everybody, when you attack you lose health but gain power, stuff like that. But looking at them as a whole, they all clearly synergize with each other, and I guess the playstyle is all about taking frequently small but survivable damage, and reaping the insane buffs you get from that, including the one blessing that will heal you if you're hit when at low health. If nothing else I've realized the true power of the damage split blessing when combined with shields.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Most Destruction path blessings just make you a scrappy, tough damage dealer, besides one resonance modifier I don't think any of them damage you?

Abundance has maybe 3-4 damage increasing blessings (dewdrop stuff and hp adds to damage) so if you are unlucky you might get none of them which can make the later parts of a run a slog as enemies have a lot more hp.

If a character attacks while under Fighting Spirit, consumes HP equal to 10% of current HP and deals Additional DMG equal to 60% of the HP lost.

I guess I assumed there were more, but looking at the list that's the only actual self-harm one. But a lot of the blessings also say "When you are hit or consume your own HP". I just know I've had that specific blessing pop up a few times, and every time I think "Why the heck would I want that?". But I can see that synergizing amazingly with the rest of the kit. And I know we hype up Clara with Elation, but Destruction's 3* blessing is also god tier for her.
    When characters are hit or consume their own HP, they gain 4 stack(s) of Fighting Spirit. When the turn ends, the character loses 4 stack(s) of Fighting Spirit.

Fighting Spirit being a 3% atk/def buff that stacks to 35. Basically double atk/def. If you're doing a Clara solo run, it's always up.

If a character attacks while under Fighting Spirit, consumes HP equal to 10% of current HP and deals Additional DMG equal to 60% of the HP lost.

I guess I assumed there were more, but looking at the list that's the only actual self-harm one. But a lot of the blessings also say "When you are hit or consume your own HP". I just know I've had that specific blessing pop up a few times, and every time I think "Why the heck would I want that?". But I can see that synergizing amazingly with the rest of the kit. And I know we hype up Clara with Elation, but Destruction's 3* blessing is also god tier for her.
    When characters are hit or consume their own HP, they gain 4 stack(s) of Fighting Spirit. When the turn ends, the character loses 4 stack(s) of Fighting Spirit.

Fighting Spirit being a 3% atk/def buff that stacks to 35. Basically double atk/def. If you're doing a Clara solo run, it's always up.

The upgrade on the Fighting Spirit one (where it gives stacks to adjacent characters), combined w/ the blessing that spreads damage over the whole team, has excellent results if you can stay upright through it.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Destruction path is the epitome of "I didn't hear no bell."

Elation is obviously great if you have someone like Clara or Jing Yuan, but if you have a bunch of them stacked and get the 3* that counts ults as followups it gets silly across the board.

steam_sig.png
    I did my first full on nihility run the other day and even with no nihilty characters it worked really well.

steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Elation is obviously great if you have someone like Clara or Jing Yuan, but if you have a bunch of them stacked and get the 3* that counts ults as followups it gets silly across the board.

March and Fire MC can trigger it constantly too, since March 7th counts any hit against shields.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy

I think one of my most memorable runs is still the time I tried to brute force it and took all the elation buffs and in 8 shots at a 3* blessing missed the ults are followups one. It was as close to a naked run as I think is possible

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I found a random event near the end of a run that gave either 2000 fragments or all of the elation blessings and it was glorious! The amount of numbers popping up was hilarious. I think my dps's ult took off like 1/3 of the bosses life bar.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    I did my first full on nihility run the other day and even with no nihilty characters it worked really well.

Funeral of Sensory Pursuivant making Suspicion stacks permanent doesn't even let them wipe between boss health bars, it's real silly.

I regret not having Hook so I can do Maximum Sampo runs.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Oh I missed initially the double planar drops is daily limit 2

Yeah so bank 80 stamina into immersifiers and you're set for the day, or next day if you want to prep. And if you REALLY want to prep you can complete a full run in Sim Universe and after beating the last boss exit out with the Leave for Now option and it'll save your place. Don't do it on Sunday though, weekly reset will wipe out any saved runs.

Luocha trailer dropped

https://youtu.be/0MDsyvr8SMY

When does the double sim start? I thought it already had but they were all singles when I went in.

edited June 2023
    Two hours before reset

Edit: Or reset itself? Duration says start time is 6/23/23 at 2 AM, but the reset time for the double rewards is 4 AM each day.

Madican on
    Started at reset. I'd already "banked" a run after the final boss so I hopped on and knocked out the two bonuses. If I read the notice correctly it will reset at 4 AM so I'll check back when I wake up.

Decided to do only Elation runs for this event so that I can locate the last Elation blessing I'm missing and maybe the last Event to go with it.

Just saw this on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/HonkaiStarRail/comments/14gz4ci/average_stats_and_most_used_builds_of_all/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

Avg build stats on all the characters. I believe self reported or they're scraping user profiles?

Some surprising things to me, no one told me how many of my dps might want inert salsetto. I’ve just been farming station sealing/fleet of ageless this whole time.

some of the light cone choices are interesting and feel kind of like “not the best for individual character but the best way to spread them out among the whole group and account for easy to get f2p vs gacha”

Also I’m surprised the healers % using the healing set; it seems not terrible but just wildly underwhelming and that wild wheat 2/4p is just better than healing 2p.

Keep in mind those are popularity stats, not theorycraft, from people who have cleared MoC 15 and build specially for it.

Seele, for example, might have more people using Salsetto for that content because at this stage in the game hitting harder once is more important than consistent solid hits, but we already have the hard math that proves Space Station is technically her BiS.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Inert Salsotto is only BIS for Jing Yuan and Damage dealer Clara basically

And people are using the healing set because an extra SP at the start is more important for time restricted fights than 6% Speed

Maddoc on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    just hit TB60

oh god everything requires so many materials

edited June 2023
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Inert Salsotto is only BIS for Jing Yuan and Damage dealer Clara basically

And people are using the healing set because an extra SP at the start is more important for time restricted fights than 6% Speed

I dunno, I'm trying to farm one decent Inert Salsetto for Jing Yuan, but I'm considering doing it for Yanqing and Dan Hung. Dan reduces spd when he crits. Meanwhile, if I have Yanqing figured out, he gets a whopping 75% base crit chance when you use his ultimate with his skill aura. You only need a scant 25% crit then. 5% base chance plus 8% relic set, that's just 12% you need from substats. Or not and stick with the 88%. And then you just go ham on all the crit dmg and atk you can get your paws on.

I mean I'm probably wrong and the atk set is mathematically better anyways. It's just 8% crit... but his extra skill attack is a follow-up. I just never sat down and properly read his skills because yeah, 75% crit chance on his ultimate when cast right, that's kind of nuts.

The Wolfman on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    85% crit, actually

Soulsteel Sync gives 15%-20% crit rate, and Ult gives 60%, along with the base 5%

Yanqing is generally built heavily on Crit DMG, yeah

Inert Salsotto is likely fine for him if you have good pieces already, it's generally only a little bit behind SSS anyway, but also most people are farming SU3 anyway because SSS and Fleet of the Ageless are the two most generally useful ornament sets

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    The convenience of farming SU3, in that one of the two sets are at least good (and often the best in slot) for almost everyone in the game, is what makes me pretty surprised about those stats. I suppose they are really warped by people who are refreshing trailblaze power. Otherwise, the only people I'd really expect to grind out Salsotto are people who are trying to get the most that they can out of Jing Yuan specifically.

'course, if along the way to getting a good set for him, you happen to stumble into some good orbs for other elements, then it could easily be worth it to use those on lots of other characters.