As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Learning that follow up attacks count as an ally attacking an enemy for Luocha's flower field makes me want Clara even more

Followups are also good for Yukong, since her buff only ticks down on regular turns. Kinda unclear on how worth it Yukong is overall, but I can definitely see some potential. Just being Imaginary is a big help.

I kind of want the entire Imaginary lineup that will be possible by the time 1.3 rolls around, but Yukong seems a little fiddly. I guess I'll wait and see what people have to say about her in a few days, because I likely won't get her until 1.2

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Guys…
    Luocha is a really good healer.
    Like,
    Really
    Really
    Good

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I guess I'll find out in a week when I actually have him leveled, ascended, a few traces set up...wait, make it two weeks, he needs relics and a light cone too.

uyvfOQy.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    You should have plenty of relics lying around by now or ones you can repurpose, he basically wants the same Musketeer set like every other support and then either Space Station or the energy regen planar set with Attack%/EnergyRegen. Are you breaking up your 5 Star pieces or something?

I just have abysmal drop luck, plus I spent all my farming time trying for Clara gear, then the lightning/defense spot. So I barely have any Musketeer stuff, and the good pieces are already equipped, spread out across other characters with half break sets and such.

I did randomly pull my first gold energy rope today, which will go on Luocha since none of the other attack set characters want it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I just realized how destined my gepard pull today was.

My last bonus planar drop was the belobog def set energy rope (also my first gold energy rope period).

Awkwardly I need to level up another preservation cone because MC has been hogging his signature cone all this time.

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Is there any indicator if Luocha's emergency heal is ready or not?

Also I was sad to find out you can't start building up charges for his healing field when the old one is active. *sniffle*

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

IIRC, when he uses his emergency heal, he gets a debuff to indicate that he can't do it again.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

IIRC, when he uses his emergency heal, he gets a debuff to indicate that he can't do it again.

Hm, if it's actually a debuff, I wonder if Bronya can cleanse it off him. Will have to test later.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Madican wrote: »
    Who the fuck let March cook in this quest line

her 3 brain cells started working in overdrive, leave her alone

PiptheFair on
    Just finished Yanxing's quest.
    Seems my guess as to who was in Luocha's coffin was right. Jingliu said she came here on a merchant ship and likely at some point made use of the tree's revival to resurrect her. Probably with Jing Yuan's help since it's implied he knew about the plot to use the Stellaron and is also the exact sort of person who would try to use the circumstances to his advantage before fixing them.

Raiden333 wrote: »

Hm, if it's actually a debuff, I wonder if Bronya can cleanse it off him. Will have to test later.

It's on his buff bar but it's not a debuff so I don't think so. I just checked myself and it says "Prayer of Abyss Flower - skill effect auto-trigger is on cooldown" but says he has 0 buffs and 0 debuffs.

PiptheFair wrote: »
    Who the fuck let March cook in this quest line

her 3 brain cells started working in overdrive, leave her alone

I refuse to believe she has more than two, and that's being optimistic

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    As a new and happy owner of Luocha and Yukong, I wonder if they would serve as a good replacement for Tingyun and Bailu in mono teams with Seele and Silver Wolf. Will need to read some comments from other people about it, when they are tested for some more.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Trial Himeko definitely not quite enough to clean up day 3 of Stellar Flare

She makes the fodder waves a non-issue, but she stops dead on waves 3, 6, and 9

Ended up getting my full clear today with Seele, Asta, Luocha, Trial Himeko, though I might have even been able to skip a healer entirely with enough damage

I did Silver Wolf/Tinguyn/Asta/Himeko. Silver Wolf insta-breaks the quantum weak mooks, Tingyun for obvious buffs, Asta for speed plus fire buffs (equipped with the element buff LC). It took me a few tries, but I eventually got to round 8. The same place I stalled on all of them.

uyvfOQy.png
    Today's Stellar fight is hilarious even if you just bring the trial Qinque. Spam her skill and ult like there's no tomorrow. Even better if you only bring supports to make her hit even harder. Not even my Seele was able to keep up with her when she'd stacked the event buff several times spamming her skill

New month means more tickets in the shop! And I finally pulled a 5 star character on the non-limited banner.

Bailu. A character I now have absolutely zero use for. Amazing.

uyvfOQy.png
    Today's Stellar fight is hilarious even if you just bring the trial Qinque. Spam her skill and ult like there's no tomorrow. Even better if you only bring supports to make her hit even harder. Not even my Seele was able to keep up with her when she'd stacked the event buff several times spamming her skill

The event buff only stacks to 2, I think. My team was Clara (her ult applies the crit buff to her), Nat (both skill and ult buff others), trial QQ and Silver Wolf - just physical and quantum in the team too which makes SW shine. Only run I've actually finished wave 9, even though there's no reward for that.

I was so confused with you guys talking about 9 rounds in the event as I didn’t think later rounds were opened up yet…
    Anyways, a little clicking around and I found the options. Not the most intuitive UI (at least that’s the excuse I’m going with)

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    One thing I find interesting about turn based timers is that it makes Asta more appealing, since party haste can squeak in extra turns and since the "turn" restarts each enemy wave that can make or break.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

I ended up bringing my own even though she was lower level because she has more eidolons, up to the one that gives you a chance to get the double attack when you use your skill. Though I found her ult not that useful in the event because using the ult completely prevents you from being able to use her skill.

steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

I ended up bringing my own even though she was lower level because she has more eidolons, up to the one that gives you a chance to get the double attack when you use your skill. Though I found her ult not that useful in the event because using the ult completely prevents you from being able to use her skill.

Skill to a perfect hand, ultimate, then attack right away?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Skill to a perfect hand, ultimate, then attack right away?

Look, your logic has no place here

steam_sig.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    New month means more tickets in the shop! And I finally pulled a 5 star character on the non-limited banner.

Bailu. A character I now have absolutely zero use for. Amazing.

There are two paths to make teams for, so having Bailu is pretty helpful. And she's a top notch healer.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    I already have Natasha ready though, and would need another month to get Bailu up to speed. While not leveling anyone else.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited July 2023
    I love how the trial Qingque for today is completely busted, and yet she easily could have been much more busted. They left her at E3. With one more, things would've gotten really silly.
    Even so, I was pretty close to being able to 0-turn the higher difficulty with her, in a team with Bronya/Seele/Luocha. Definitely makes me want to build Qingque, even knowing that this is not representative of her normal performance.

EDIT: I had similar thoughts about getting Bailu after getting Luocha, but as a Silver Wolf-haver, having a broader variety of supports will make setting up teams to guarantee the quantum weakness much easier.

AshtonDragon on
    edited July 2023
    Lol todays challenge was fun. I also got an achievement for qingque starting three turns in a row with hidden hand which seems good for her

initiatefailure on
    Today's challenge took me the most time yet. In terms of actual time, anyway. Arlan getting infinite turns kinda trivializes it, but if you don't have him built well, it's gonna take some doing. E1 Sushang would probably be very effective too; just gotta break the things first.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I already have Natasha ready though, and would need another month to get Bailu up to speed. While not leveling anyone else.

Bailu is just strictly better than Nat though, unless you like have Nat to E6 and you're fighting a bunch of phys weak dudes or something. She's worth investing in, at some point when you'll be able to.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited July 2023
    The game only has two bottlenecks, getting a second healer/full sustain character to allow you to run 2 teams in MoC, and your use of daily stamina for farming.

You cleared one of them so congratulations! playing the game to improve them comes next. You can get a support char up and running in a couple of days. Their power is very front loaded, and generically I’d say anything over level 6 traces is unneeded luxury levels that you can fill in whenever you have some down time on other build projects. You could also just burn some embers on the healer mats in the store and be up and running right away. (I was up to about 5k embers having only bought tickets each month so far).

remember a character doesn’t have to be lvl 80 maxed out traces and cones to be usable. MoC was being cleared week 1 with lvl 50-60 chars.

Edit: with that in mind I just pulled gepard a few days ago and just now I was able to get my first 3* MoC level. I probably could have tried it with him at lvl 60 but idk I wanted to make him a super tank first. His ult is wild.
    uigst54zpn9j.jpeg

initiatefailure on
    Just now doing a world 3 sim universe on the reset, looking for a gold energy regen ageless rope for Luocha… and it drops on the first elite. I keep going and the second elite drops a gold energy regen rope for sealing. I feel like I just won the game!

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I was able to breeze through MoC stage one yesterday for my first full completion as well. I imagine hitting TB 60 and adding on more levels, traces, etc have helped a lot. Plus Luocha is just :chefkiss:

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    I've run into a new and interesting problem. I have no relic experience to feed into relics I want to equip. Salvaging blue relics gives you 1, purples give you 2, and golds give you...zero. Which means about 1/3 of drops from grinding aren't useable for leveling up anything. I guess you can feed them directly, but then you don't get the material you need for the custom resin.

I wonder if salvaging already leveled gold relics gives the materials and the experience.

uyvfOQy.png
    I just feed the gold equips I know I'll never need, all flats and such, into equipment. It gives more EXP than the purple material and I only need just enough of the custom resin material to use however much resin I have. I don't synth gold equips without one, too much RNG for too high a cost

eMoander wrote: »
    Just now doing a world 3 sim universe on the reset, looking for a gold energy regen ageless rope for Luocha… and it drops on the first elite. I keep going and the second elite drops a gold energy regen rope for sealing. I feel like I just won the game!

I was just thinking earlier that I've never seen a 5* energy regen rope drop, period. Not for any set. Guess I'll have to craft one next patch, hope we get one of those self-molding resins from an event again.

I just don’t level most things past 6-9. I have put 2 really good rolls to 15, maybe 4-5 to 12.

I have like 33/750/300 dusts doing that pretty conservatively. Honestly maybe I just need some better rolls lol.

Also I just cleared out MoC2. Silver wolf pulled a lot of weight on my ice team to make that side weak to them. Lvl 3 looks like it’s perfect for my set up, will probably go at it tomorrow. I gotta level pela up though. I’m playing a dangerous game hoping she doesn’t get 2-shot before gepard can shields up

I just don’t level most things past 6-9. I have put 2 really good rolls to 15, maybe 4-5 to 12.

I have like 33/750/300 dusts doing that pretty conservatively. Honestly maybe I just need some better rolls lol.

If you ask me you just need to accept that relic stats suck and start leveling them up, you are missing a ton of main stats leaving them so low. Basically all my relics used by the two MoC teams are at least 9 and almost all are 12.

You can always feed the old relics to new better ones later if and when you finally get some perfect ones. Not to mention this game has a lot less crap substats than Genshin since defensive stats at least do something and even a DPS character wants some HP% so they don't get two-shotted before a healer can react.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I would normally say to just use the 3/4* relics to level up your 5*'s. But...the exp item you get from salvaging a blue/purple relic is worth exactly the same exp as the relic itself. So you may as well just salvage them. You're going to have to eventually anyways, lest you hit the relic cap.

As far as 5*'s go, salvaging them gets you the currency needed for crafting your own relics. So you can either salvage them, or use them to level other relics. Again, you're going to have to do this eventually before you hit the cap, but at least salvaging them gets you something useful.

My go-to plan when I get a potentially good 5* relic is to level it to 3 to see what the next substat is. If it's good, then I'll just level the thing right up with all the 3/4* material I have. Which is honestly cheaper than you'd think, and you're always going to be amassing more thanks to the relic farm. If instead the substat is junk, then I just hold onto it, and use it as leveling material for a good relic.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I've been grinding relics for other people so long I already have a nearly perfect fully upgraded set for Luocha...except he's only lvl60. Gotta grind that xp now.

FC: 1435-5383-0883