Options

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    This new challenge is actually the first where I've cleared all 9 stages.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    I just don’t level most things past 6-9. I have put 2 really good rolls to 15, maybe 4-5 to 12.

I have like 33/750/300 dusts doing that pretty conservatively. Honestly maybe I just need some better rolls lol.

If you ask me you just need to accept that relic stats suck and start leveling them up, you are missing a ton of main stats leaving them so low. Basically all my relics used by the two MoC teams are at least 9 and almost all are 12.

You can always feed the old relics to new better ones later if and when you finally get some perfect ones. Not to mention this game has a lot less crap substats than Genshin since defensive stats at least do something and even a DPS character wants some HP% so they don't get two-shotted before a healer can react.

That’s probably true. I’m kind of riding the low end of money since I just built up two chars in short time frame but maybe that’s the thing to pivot to now that I don’t have a specific char farm ongoing

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Well, managed to clear floor 7 of MoC. Luocha makes a big difference. However, lost a few stars on floors 6 and 7 because my lower level supports got 1-2 shot before heals could go off. Looks like I need to do some more grinding…

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Seems Mihoyo has already released information on two new characters coming after Blade and Kafka banners.
    Fu Xuan, Quantum Preservation
    Imbibitor Lunae, Imaginary Destruction

• Options
    oh hey I accidentally pulled Loucha. I thought that I had 60 pity. i had 70. Now I have ~4. thus ends my ability to ever keep track of it.

On the other hand, now I have Loucha at least

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    It's a bit silly they can't just show the darn pity number, instead making you go through the records page by very short page.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Also that the records page doesn't update immediately.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    You can find out your current pity by plugging it into one of those wish counter websites but yeah it really should be visible in game

• Options
    edited July 2023
    anyway Loucha is kind of nuts. I'm beyond broke so only able to get him kinda vaguely set up but he's still holding his own for all of the farming level stuff 20 levels over him. Gotta try a real test soon.

the real problem is will i allow myself to break up #girlgang

edit: ok my lvl 60 loucha carried B side of MoC 4 hard despite bad team comp, like no one ever remotely came close to dying.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    My girl gang of March, Clara, Bronya, and Natasha will probably never break up.

But at least I also have my JY, Caelus, Tingyun, Bailu mixed gender team to balance things a bit.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Kinda want to run Loucha, Jing Yuan, Welt and Dan as Team Mysterious Serious Dudes

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Oh boy, new 4* Quantum Abundance incoming.

THE MONO QUANTUM TEAM IS NIGH

Madican on
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    How exactly are they going to keep people engaged on the gacha part of this content.

I have bad luck and am already at “I have every character I could need to handle all in game challenges I just have to build them up now,” so the only things I’m gonna pull for are cool designs… unless they make challenges that require more than the current 2 teams or come out with gimmicks like mono element or something.

Like this current event is a pretty good example. If they didn’t give us a trial carry for each one that would ask me to have a more robust lineup to hit each different challenge. I know a lot of that is down the line stuff but the roster is gonna grow faster than the content at this rate.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    From what I know of Genshin, a constant stream of waifus to pay for but no actual difficult content that might upset people is kinda what they aim for. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I think I called them having no other compelling endgame content lined up as soon as I tried the first fight club event. This is also probably why it takes two weeks of stamina to level, ascend and set up traces on a character, not even getting into the horrendous gear grind. Just keep dropping new characters that people will spend their stamina prepping, just in time for another new character.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Oh boy, new 4* Quantum Abundance incoming.

THE MONO QUANTUM TEAM IS NIGH

I can't get over that she keeps a portrait of her with her siblings. In a frame that has cat ears.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    From what I know of Genshin, a constant stream of waifus to pay for but no actual difficult content that might upset people is kinda what they aim for. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I think I called them having no other compelling endgame content lined up as soon as I tried the first fight club event. This is also probably why it takes two weeks of stamina to level, ascend and set up traces on a character, not even getting into the horrendous gear grind. Just keep dropping new characters that people will spend their stamina prepping, just in time for another new character.

I mean, this is a pretty accurate description of Genshin; they've consistently aimed for new and different rather than harder, except at the top-end of Spiral Abyss or events. And those, mostly, are harder because of imposed limitations or unfavorable level scaling on things with lots of health.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    The current piggy trough doesn't really do much for me, so I'm just gonna stick with my cool dude team and slowly build them up about 30 minutes every day until some more story stuff happens.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    New month means more tickets in the shop! And I finally pulled a 5 star character on the non-limited banner.

Bailu. A character I now have absolutely zero use for. Amazing.

For anyone curious, my next five star? Also Bailu.

Fully half of my five stars are dupes and light cones.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    weekend trip so did a final push on MoC and cleared floor 6 (15 stars) and oh my god floor six is a slog. I suppose it's purposefully anti "one hypercarry dps setup" but I was not expecting 6 wave and multiphase boss. Cleared the 2 star requirements by literally my last character turn in the cycle. .

• Options
    weekend trip so did a final push on MoC and cleared floor 6 (15 stars) and oh my god floor six is a slog. I suppose it's purposefully anti "one hypercarry dps setup" but I was not expecting 6 wave and multiphase boss. Cleared the 2 star requirements by literally my last character turn in the cycle. .

This post inspired me to go do MoC 5, which wasn't too bad. It did show how huge difference SW makes especially with the current MoC buff, my SW side used like 2 cycles and the other side used 10 so I just barely got three stars.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Picked up Luocha pretty early into pity, so that solves my second healer problem. Looking forward to building him, because his trial version was pretty cool.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    image.png

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    New code:

7B6B7GBZTVTB -100 Jades, 50k Credits

• Options
    edited July 2023
    7B6B7GBZTVTB
    MSPT7HAZTCTX
    5TPBPGAGBDAK

For all three codes. New Echo of War boss, new 4 piece and 2 piece sets. Crit rate, HP and SPD as the highlights. Which means world 7 in SU now.

Also a bunch of events, which should be fun. And the free Yukong is confirmed...as a special event Forgotten Hall reward. Guess we'll see what that means.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/gift for redeeming the codes.

Kafka banner being second half is good for me so I can save longer. Also having Luka is a nice bonus.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    More story more story more story

Also new SU level is good. Wonder how those planar sets are going to stack up against the current ones. The crit rate one looks interesting.

• Options

1.0 ending in a cliffhanger and then 1.1 having us act like a museum boss for almost two months of in-game time certainly was some weird storytelling pacing.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited July 2023

Also new SU level is good. Wonder how those planar sets are going to stack up against the current ones. The crit rate one looks interesting.

Crit one looks good but I'm not totally convinced yet because of how much damage ults contribute, so I'll wait for numbers

New speed relics are going to be a must have for pretty much every support though

EDIT: It's probably better for characters who rely on skill and enhanced basics for the bulk of their damage though, like Qingque might prefer it to the Quantum set depending.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Nice, standard ticket reward from running SU ended up pulling Gepard's sig lightcone, which considering my team comp, is probably actually way more useful than a new 5* char or an eido. Landau's Choice isn't bad at all, but this one seems like a massive massive upgrade for him. Now if only I wasn't dirt poor in credits to actually upgrade it, lol.

Also, is it just me, or does the Garden of Plenty Calyx event seem to carry a hidden luck boost with the double rewards? Seemed like on both the normal rewards and the bonuses, I was getting a lot more quality traces than usual. Maybe it's just a lucky day and it'll even out over the week.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    The event bonus being double experience OR double traces, when I assumed it was double rewards for both, was a bit of a letdown. Better than nothing though.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    hmm. I think I'm gonna have to use all these double rewards for money. I just spent like 1.5 million like it was $5

• Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    I will say that at least for me high quality traces during this event are almost non-existant. I've used all the chances every day and got 1.

• Options
    Garick wrote: »
    I will say that at least for me high quality traces during this event are almost non-existant. I've used all the chances every day and got 1.

If you are lvl 60+ that's pretty unlucky, as the rate is around 15% for the purples. Meaning you should get one purple per 6-7 rewards.

I'm really loving this double rate event, I'm actually making progress every day with my Qingque. I had her at E4 and my pity was at 40 and I figured I might as well try to get one or two more of her or my first Yukong. Did two 10-pulls and got two Qingques so she's E6 now. Wanted her for Clara, Nat, QQ, SW team - not quite solo quantum but just two elements means if the target is already weak to one or the other SW takes care of the other weakness. Would love to use Luocha instead of Nat but the reduction in number of elements in the team really shows and quantum break is super good on bosses.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    How is Yukong? I think I've got her at E1 but I haven't even attempted to level her yet since I'm focusing in on getting my already leveled people to 80 with more traces.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    How is Yukong? I think I've got her at E1 but I haven't even attempted to level her yet since I'm focusing in on getting my already leveled people to 80 with more traces.

My impression of her is pretty good. Probably not as good as Tingyun or Bronya, certainly a little more awkward, but I've already gotten some good use out of her. If/when we get a strong Imaginary character of The Hunt or Erudition, her value will certainly go up.

• Options
    She's very awkward and wants your team to be Speed tuned as best as possible because until E6 she can basically only ever buff the two characters that follow her in the turn order.

Her buffs are very strong though. 80% Atk, 28% Crit Rate, 65% Crit Damage.

If you're planning on getting Imbibator Lunae and/or you have Welt, she also gets an Imaginary damage passive and can equip Planetary Rendezvous.

• Options
    While speed tuning is definitely a thing with Yukong, people looking to try her out don't need to be too intimidated by it. A simple way to use her is to just make her a touch slower than one of your other supports. If she's always going just after Natasha, for example, then you can be pretty confident that her buff will be up for your other characters. Just be mindful if your dps is someone like Jing Yuan; having her buff up during his turn isn't as important as having it up during the lightning lord's.

• Options
    If you use her with, say, Seele you're also never going to be able to set up a turn order so at that point you just go "Eh whatever" and kind of keep an eye on the turn order before you use her skill into ult

It's also worth noting that her enhanced basic attack does makes her a solid breaker as well, and because the buff effects go into effect before her ult does damage, she is automatically a fairly strong damage dealer for a support

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    The new MoC buff is not treating me well. Managed to eke out 1 star on floor 6 after 3 failed tries while I was 2-starring floor 7 last week. I’ve got 9 mostly leveled characters so I’ve got a little flexibility for both groups but apparently not enough.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I forgot about the level scaling for MoC so I jumped into floor1 this cycle and got really confused that my seele ulted for half the bosses life. I thought it was the new buff effect

initiatefailure on