Options

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

14142444647101

Posts

  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    You know I was wondering why Jingliu's voice sounded so familiar. And today I found out.
    She's voiced by AmaLee aka Monarch. So we have Jing Yuan (voiced by Cy Yu) vs Jingliu.

  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I wonder if in game relationships factor into how they design abilities and synergies at all, because my Seele and Bronya are absolutely tearing stuff up together, rest of the team barely gets to go if I put it on auto it's just nonstop quotes from those two as they shred everything.

    FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Bronya is good with any damage dealer, not just Seele

  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Hey it's this guy

    https://youtu.be/CQeTZ4_77PA

  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    What a nerd.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'm so excited for new content.

    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clp61c-4peo

    Fun video with an interesting premise. Some weird setups they had to use.

    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    I’m trying to decide whether or not to try for Blade. I’ll prob only have about 50 pulls and no guarantee on pity, so it’s feeling unlikely, but he seems like a great fit with Luocha. Prob will wait to mess around with his demo before deciding, but I think we all know my willpower (or lack thereof) by now…

    Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'll wait to see what his story and character stuff is before deciding. He looks decent in terms of gameplay but if he's just Oops All Edge I'd rather wait for another Wind DPS to fill that slot.

  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I'll wait to see what his story and character stuff is before deciding. He looks decent in terms of gameplay but if he's just Oops All Edge I'd rather wait for another Wind DPS to fill that slot.

    They actually covered a lot of it during the preview stream, oddly enough.

    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    I'm going to wait for Kafka - not a big fan of brooding edgelords, even if they are as stylish as Blade. Also I really want Serval's E6, it looks like a big damage upgrade for her.

    Got to take my built Qingque for a SU spin for the first time and she's certainly fun to play. Her E6 helps a ton since she is a horrible skill point hog as it is. Her gambling theme is interesting as I don't usually like such mechanics but the payoff when she really goes off is very rewarding. I'm more used to slowly chewing a boss down with Clara's counters than deleting half of one hp bar in one go with QQ's buffed ult + enhanced attack + autarky. I do think she needs at least E4 to be worth building though.

  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    At this point I think I just want maybe another carry dps because I feel yanqing kind of locks me into a gepard team comp and maybe I want more freedom to mix it up.

    But idk, I broadly feel like my team “needs” are met so it’s mostly like I’m probably gonna just pull for cool

  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Kafka is definitely a skip for me, both because I have Jing Yuan and also horny is not a personality

  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    My meta rationale is that Kafka will probably suck from a gameplay standpoint since Hoyo knows that people are going to be pulling for her for...other...reasons

    Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »
    My meta rationale is that Kafka will probably suck from a gameplay standpoint since Hoyo knows that people are going to be pulling for her for...other...reasons

    You really think people aren't pulling for Blade for other reasons? There's quite a lot of husbando collectors playing HSR.

  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    In my entirely subjective opinion based on zero data, I believe it will be less than kafka, but honestly this is more about trying to find excuses on why I shouldn't be planning on pulling every single banner and also trying to justify why I might want to pull Blade and not wait for kafka.

    Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    still waiting for them to announce that Peppy banner

  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I'm pulling for Kafka because she is important. I think I've mentioned this here before, but there's something about her besides "seggggggs." She's the first character you meet when you wake up/are born or whatever, but you already know her name somehow. You go through the story and help catch her, and during the interrogation you have the option, as the first thing you say to her, to ask if she's ok and if she's unharmed. And when you do? She reacts with surprise, not some sultry "maybe we sex lololol?"

    She feels too important to not add her to my team.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    yeah fwiw, I do not think the "shes only sex" thing comes from any of her actions or character INSIDE of the game. That's a playerbase thing. they horny.

  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    yeah fwiw, I do not think the "shes only sex" thing comes from any of her actions or character INSIDE of the game. That's a playerbase thing. they horny.

    Not even just a playerbase thing. Her voice is ASMR, she literally "dominates" other people with some kind of mind control, all of her abilities are named something seductive in the boss fight (Midnight Tumult, Caressing Moonlight, etc), and one of her weapons is are binding ropes. She's a dominatrix-type character to her core.

  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    yeah fwiw, I do not think the "shes only sex" thing comes from any of her actions or character INSIDE of the game. That's a playerbase thing. they horny.

    Not even just a playerbase thing. Her voice is ASMR, she literally "dominates" other people with some kind of mind control, all of her abilities are named something seductive in the boss fight (Midnight Tumult, Caressing Moonlight, etc), and one of her weapons is are binding ropes. She's a dominatrix-type character to her core.

    Not that the internet wouldn't be horny anyways, but... yeah.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Also, Fermata.

  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    yeah fwiw, I do not think the "shes only sex" thing comes from any of her actions or character INSIDE of the game. That's a playerbase thing. they horny.

    Not even just a playerbase thing. Her voice is ASMR, she literally "dominates" other people with some kind of mind control, all of her abilities are named something seductive in the boss fight (Midnight Tumult, Caressing Moonlight, etc), and one of her weapons is are binding ropes. She's a dominatrix-type character to her core.

    Yes. But also she's more of a spider character, which is kinda neat. The abilities look like webs, and the glasses on her head look like spider eyes.

    She's the best.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Excuse you those are the webs of fate, and thematically appropriate!

  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    With the name Kafka she should be cockroach.

    Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    I'm sure I will try to pull for kafka, but I do wonder if there will be a reason to own her. They do a good job of making each new hero pretty compelling, but right now the only challenge is MoC and I don't know if dot characters will ever excel in a format that asks for as few turns as possible

    SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I wouldn’t be surprised by a couple MoC affixes that play to that style when her banner is up, that seems like a thing they did this last patch. But yeah, beyond that idk how well that plays and to what content

  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    I'm sure I will try to pull for kafka, but I do wonder if there will be a reason to own her. They do a good job of making each new hero pretty compelling, but right now the only challenge is MoC and I don't know if dot characters will ever excel in a format that asks for as few turns as possible

    All she needs is her numbers to be big enough that she does competitive dps. Serval's shock does 104% ATK at lvl 10 while Kafka's shock deals 290% ATK at lvl 10 and she can trigger it for 75% of its value (217.5% ATK) on her own turn. In addition to that she deals a 140% ATK follow-up attack once per turn for free. I'm no theorycrafter but that looks pretty good to me.

  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    I'm sure I will try to pull for kafka, but I do wonder if there will be a reason to own her. They do a good job of making each new hero pretty compelling, but right now the only challenge is MoC and I don't know if dot characters will ever excel in a format that asks for as few turns as possible

    All she needs is her numbers to be big enough that she does competitive dps. Serval's shock does 104% ATK at lvl 10 while Kafka's shock deals 290% ATK at lvl 10 and she can trigger it for 75% of its value (217.5% ATK) on her own turn. In addition to that she deals a 140% ATK follow-up attack once per turn for free. I'm no theorycrafter but that looks pretty good to me.

    Also, there's already parties that are completing MoC by having a character stacked with Break Effect. Many types of breaks apply dots which, I'm fairly sure, should be able to be triggered by Kafka. I can totally imagine a break effect Sushang (or Luka, maybe?) doing some serious work with her.

    I'm not certain of how good Kafka will be, but the potential is definitely there. That said... I can imagine a lot of people rolling for the character and not being happy with her gameplay.

  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Today's the day for the thing I've been waiting for.

    THE CONCLUSION OF THE LUOFO STORYLINE! Question is are they gonna give the Trailblazer another form, and no I have not looked at any leaks, and if so what element will it be. Finding out the end boss we're fighting is NOT part of The Abundance Path throws my initial confidence in The Hunt slightly off kilter. I think it may even be possible that it's going to be Abundance Path we get next and I'll go with Lightning element. Maybe Wind.
    The reason I think it's going to be Abundance and not Hunt is that I think we're going to need to draw on the Arbor's power in order to defeat the Lord Ravager, which is gonna catch Yaoshi's eye and bestow the Trailblazer their power because if there's one thing The Abundance probably would love to mess with it's The Destruction.

    Madican on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Has anyone else gotten the Yanqing text
    where he mentions he's an orphan? I feel like there are potential implications there beyond the Silver Age sidekick background.

  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Today's the day for the thing I've been waiting for.

    THE CONCLUSION OF THE LUOFO STORYLINE! Question is are they gonna give the Trailblazer another form, and no I have not looked at any leaks, and if so what element will it be. Finding out the end boss we're fighting is NOT part of The Abundance Path throws my initial confidence in The Hunt slightly off kilter. I think it may even be possible that it's going to be Abundance Path we get next and I'll go with Lightning element. Maybe Wind.
    The reason I think it's going to be Abundance and not Hunt is that I think we're going to need to draw on the Arbor's power in order to defeat the Lord Ravager, which is gonna catch Yaoshi's eye and bestow the Trailblazer their power because if there's one thing The Abundance probably would love to mess with it's The Destruction.

    I think that would be an interesting way to
    cause a major diplomatic incident on the loufu if the trailblazer spontaneously emits abundance powers.

  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Today's the day for the thing I've been waiting for.

    THE CONCLUSION OF THE LUOFO STORYLINE! Question is are they gonna give the Trailblazer another form, and no I have not looked at any leaks, and if so what element will it be. Finding out the end boss we're fighting is NOT part of The Abundance Path throws my initial confidence in The Hunt slightly off kilter. I think it may even be possible that it's going to be Abundance Path we get next and I'll go with Lightning element. Maybe Wind.
    The reason I think it's going to be Abundance and not Hunt is that I think we're going to need to draw on the Arbor's power in order to defeat the Lord Ravager, which is gonna catch Yaoshi's eye and bestow the Trailblazer their power because if there's one thing The Abundance probably would love to mess with it's The Destruction.

    I think that would be an interesting way to
    cause a major diplomatic incident on the loufu if the trailblazer spontaneously emits abundance powers.
    They only have a problem with Abominations of the Abundance, remember. Even Bailu follows the Path of the Abundance, not to mention how they've notably recruited other long-life species in their goal to kill Yaoshi. And if the Trailblazer happens to use the Abundance to take out the ones trying to become Abominations of the Abundance, they're probably not gonna look too hard at where the power came from.

  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Has anyone else gotten the Yanqing text
    where he mentions he's an orphan? I feel like there are potential implications there beyond the Silver Age sidekick background.

    I'd have to have Yanqing first! :disappointed:

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Boo, it downloads 3 GB more (on PC) even after pre-download. All I want to do is to spend my stamina and go to bed.

  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I like the character try out for the 5*s, though it does make me want Gepard that much more. His shields would make Starfleet jealous.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Blade being better not shielded is amusing, since enemies hitting him builds his passive AoE.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Well, I dropped my 50 pulls on the banner with very low expectations, and not only did I max out my sushang (which was my more realistic goal), but I somehow managed to win my 50/50 on the last pull and now I have Blade.

    Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I cannot thank them enough for the current banner.

    I really like Luocha and zeroed out my tickets daily trying to get his LC, never did, so I'm broke.

    I literally do not care at all about having blade or the 4*s in this one so I can BANK BANK BANK

    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Has anyone else gotten the Yanqing text
    where he mentions he's an orphan? I feel like there are potential implications there beyond the Silver Age sidekick background.

    I have a random theory that
    Luocha is related to him or maybe even is his father, because he has a specific line about Yanqing "Oh, you mean the young boy? The one who's always by the general? I don't know anything about him...", which is, you know, suspiciously specific denial...

Sign In or Register to comment.