Options

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Threw a bunch of rolls at the banner. Lost the 50/50 to Yanqing so I can't complain there really.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Threw a bunch of rolls at the banner. Lost the 50/50 to Yanqing so I can't complain there really.

if you have Gepard and Pela, and especially if you have a Silver Wolf to throw into that pot, young buddy is a great DPS carry when he's put in the right team.

Team Comp suggested by Reynolds that's been serving me well in MOC

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    When I squeezed in one final pull on the Luocha banner I got another Natasha. And I did one roll on the Blade banner just for fun...Natasha.

One day I'll know what it's like to have a character that does damage.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Finished the Luofo story.
    It was...okay? Blade seemed like he wanted to kill Dan Heng but then he just stops and walks away with Kafka for...reasons I guess? Before that was the biggest surprise with it being revealed that Tingyun was actually Phantylia. Nice reveal on that one. As for the rest, Dan Heng is forced into his IL form by Blade, everyone goes and fights Phantylia, and that's it. No big moment, no new Path for the Trailblazer, the only stuff I really found that was of note was a literal note laying around talking about an Emanator of Abundance named Shuhu, since Blade has an ability in his kit called Shuhu's Blessing. So he's got some connection to the Emanator and probably Abundance, but what it is who knows.

Guess it's time to clear World 7 in SU now to get those relics.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    New code.

BTN5EL69P6K3

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Has anyone else gotten the Yanqing text
    where he mentions he's an orphan? I feel like there are potential implications there beyond the Silver Age sidekick background.

I have a random theory that
    Luocha is related to him or maybe even is his father, because he has a specific line about Yanqing "Oh, you mean the young boy? The one who's always by the general? I don't know anything about him...", which is, you know, suspiciously specific denial...

Mine was
    that Jingliu was his mother, but yours is good too. I doubt the Hoyo team will resist a reveal forever.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I lost the 50/50 for Blade to Welt. Had just enough jade left to do one more 10 pull and Blade popped out. My roster is looking fairly stacked. Just need to level all the things.

Still wish I had a Bronya though.

• Options
    Watched a couple videos on Blade and general consensus with him is that he is very good but has way more caveats compared to most of the other 5 Stars. His biggest problems seem to be: lack of a good F2P LC, requires a healer who is going to be 100% dedicated to keeping him standing up, can't be included in any team that uses shields for mitigation because he needs to be hit, and his general playstyle means trying to use him on auto is probably a bad idea so he needs to be manually controlled.

In regards to auto battle though it looks like they changed the AI for Bronya and Tingyun so they're not wasting skill points on buffing healers and tanks while the DPS is standing right next to them. So that's good.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I caved and picked up Blade. I wanted him, but not as much as Kafka, so his banner timing was just really bad. But in the end, he just seemed too ideal for me. Like, his biggest problems (as mentioned by Madican above) is that he needs one of two specific LCs, and he needs a strong healer. But I have one of those LCs, and I have Luocha. In addition, his best support by a mile is Bronya, and he also works well with Silver Wolf, and I have both of those, too. Hell, I'm even considering trying him as a secondary DPS on a team with Qingque, as his general lack of SP use allows her to hog them. I think he's going to work really well with what I have.

I've always been a sucker for people who sacrifice their own health (see my usage of Xiao and Hu Tao in Genshin), so perhaps I could have seen this coming.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    apparently the new boss is much easier with loucha so i changed my support char. Hopefully helpful to some folks (and lucrative business venture for me muahahaah)

• Options
    My Seele gonna be walking around flat as a cartoon character smashed with a hammer fighting these giant gorillas who target by Skill usage

• Options
    I've also put my Luocha on shared support. I was able to give him my Post-Op light cone because I pulled Bailu's LC from the standard banner.

I'm also past 500 of those stardust things, so I'm debating if I keep going to buy Gepard's (or Bronya's?) LC from the shop or just use them for rolls when Kafka comes around.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    apparently the new boss is much easier with loucha so i changed my support char. Hopefully helpful to some folks (and lucrative business venture for me muahahaah)

I get regular rent-a-Yanqing cash infusions, but apparently only two of us in the thread even have him?

• Options
    I have him, he was my first 5 Star from the standard banner (Clara was first overall from the newbie banner), but he's not really built

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Finished the story bits. Very pretty end battle for sure but compared to the length 1.0 it's not much new plot added to the whole. If we are getting this amount of story every 2 patches it's going at snail's pace. On the other hand it's all very high production values. In like 2 years from now there's going to be a full-length JRPG.

Since I'm not paying anything I'm not too fussed about the pace. This is a great side game.

ETA: It's interesting how much they are willing to mess with playable characters. Genshin almost never does anything drastic with them, they are all fairly static. There's the Wanderer I suppose and Raiden Shogun but both just get stories how they are now "playable" or your friends.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    Almost nobody rents my JY. But that's ok.

Poor guy.

• Options
    Jing Yuan unfortunately has some issues that got him dropped down a tier by Prydwen, the group of theorycrafters that evaluate units based on MoC. The most prominent one is that if he's under some kind of CC then Lightning Lord won't do anything, which is very bad when a ton of stuff in MoC inflicts CC.

He's still good, just not as good in this current scene

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    My Clara brings in like 10k a day somehow.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I got my Blade up to level 70, along with his light cone. Still got some work to do, traces are only okay, and I haven't delved into the new relic set for him yet. But he already seems good! I expect to get a lot of use out of him for the foreseeable future.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Poor guy.

Maybe they swapped him for mine? I was getting almost nothing for him until a week or two ago.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Poor guy.

Maybe they swapped him for mine? I was getting almost nothing for him until a week or two ago.

... I knew there was something I meant to do.

Throw my UID up there in the OP.

• Options
    Did the new SU today which was fine, but wasn't getting any of my Elation buffs. Annoying!

But then I found an Occurrence that gave me all of the Elation buffs and I could swear Clara started cackling.

• Options
    I think that's like the only occurrence I've never seen yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I think that's like the only occurrence I've never seen yet.

It's pretty rare. I run SU a few times every week, and always take the late Occurence hoping to get it, only ever seen it once.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I’m fishing for events I haven’t had before for the sweet gems. I don’t think I’ve seen either any “here’s all my blessings” events

• Options
    The first time I got it I thought "Alright, what's the catch? There's gotta be a catch." But nah, it's just an I-WIN button basically. Not a big deal to be totally OP in a rogue-like run every once in a while since it all goes away in the end.

Also Elation is even more fun with both Clara and QQ in the same team. Sure Qingque doesn't do followups all that often compared to Clara but when she does they can hit like a truck.

• Options
    I’m fishing for events I haven’t had before for the sweet gems. I don’t think I’ve seen either any “here’s all my blessings” events

I finally got the Aftertaste-related lower end Elation blessings the other day. Amazing how the value proposition on those changes if you've got Himeko (and now, courtesy of my last regular banner pull, Clara).

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    My go-to SU party is usually Clara/Gepard/Jing Yuan/Yanqing. You would think that with 3 people with follow-up attacks, the law requires you to go Elation. But I consistantly have better performance going Preservation, running solely off Gepard's shields. And of course, nobody ever comes close to dying. It's pretty crazy.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I just do not dig Gepard at all. I use him solely as my other team's tank in MoC and that's it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The first time I ran SU after getting Jing Yuan I got the "Here's all the Elation buffs" and it was so hilarious I laughed all the way to the finish. Lightning Lord was just an explosion of numbers. I really wanna want to pull a Clara. Under the right circumstances she seems really great.

• Options
    I'm still missing one event from SU and it refuses to pop up. Gotten the Ruan Mei event a couple times though, and it can either get you all of one Paths blessings or you can opt for 2000 shards. Had the best timing on one when it offered all the Abundance blessings when I was on Preservation path. So I was not only functionally immortal but hit like ten freight trains.

Redid my Luocha a bit in gear and while he's still missing Outgoing Healing on a Musketeer chest and Speed main stat on 5 Stat boots he's still plenty good enough to do his job.

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Well, I forgot that lower level SU gives lower rewards, so wasted 4 immersifiers on 7-1. It did bump me to lvl 65 and next equilibrium at least so I can pretend I did it on purpose…

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I'm leveling up my third stringer misfits to make an ice team with March, Pela and Herta since I somehow have all their eidolons nearly maxed, and dunno who else to add. Ideally it'd be yanqing but that's probably gonna end up being the 300th warp pull.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Don't want to poo poo it too much, but that sounds a little pointless

I mean March and Pela are good at least, but that team isn't gonna do anything

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I mean yeah, but Seele team 6 is getting kinda boring and I want to mix it up a bit.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Mono element only really makes sense for two cases I think. Either you're using multiple DPS benefiting from the same-element light cone or it's Quantum with Silver Wolf for "everything's weak to Quantum" time. Though with Gepard and Yanqing both being ice, bringing SW and March/Pela lets you dogpile the ice weakness, you just have some enemies where it'll be RNG on SW's skill.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Mono element only really makes sense for two cases I think. Either you're using multiple DPS benefiting from the same-element light cone or it's Quantum with Silver Wolf for "everything's weak to Quantum" time. Though with Gepard and Yanqing both being ice, bringing SW and March/Pela lets you dogpile the ice weakness, you just have some enemies where it'll be RNG on SW's skill.

SW is still pretty good in two-element teams. I run her in a Clara, Nat, QQ, SW team and she's still incredibly valuable. Switching Nat out for Luocha messes it all up though, it's one element too many. So my shiny new 5* healer is benched for most 1-team content.

• Options
    Hit TB lvl 65 and unlocked the last world level, yay! Not entirely sure what to work on next though, people are still at trace lvl 8 (at best, some are even lower) and have their last, most expensive passives locked. Could work on that or just start the eternal relic grind I guess. Or hoard a pile of xp stuff for Kafka and/or whatever I get from losing my 50/50.

• Options
    Hmmm the free regular ticket I got from ascending Bronya gave my Gepard's 5 star light cone.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just finished the new main story, which felt quite awesome! Though I'm sad we've got a couple months or more until the next drip. Hopefully it'll be a bit more sizeable in story content.