Options

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    ooh highest echoes of war tier gives 3 5* relics. of course that meant i 6 of the break effect set today. but cool in theory over time.

That made me wonder though, how often are people actually getting the light cone drops in that? i've gotten 1 since the game launched

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    It has a chance to give three 5 Star relics at highest tier, same with cavern, but it's not guaranteed

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I think I've gotten 2-3 of the light cones since launch. Always surprises me.

I'm currently unable to clear the new daily event at the highest level. Unlike with the last similar one, I actually have zero idea what to do to help the trial characters kill everything. I think they've again just assumed you'll have someone to clear up the leftover mobs to reach a new wave, and I just...don't.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Permanent banner decided to surprise me with Yanqing's 5^ light cone. Game seems like it's really amped to get me to use the guy. Which I am, but I guess I have even more of a reason to.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I think hitting 65 and trying to clear this new content has finally managed to make me not want to play this anymore. Just feels really depressing to be playing this much, every day since day one, and still not be able to do anything.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The final reward tier of the event seems basically impossible to me? I can hit 40k with trial chars+single target DPS (for the trotters)+Bronya (buffs), but that's about it.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    The final reward tier of the event seems basically impossible to me? I can hit 40k with trial chars+single target DPS (for the trotters)+Bronya (buffs), but that's about it.

Yeah, considering the rewards dropoff, it seems pretty clear that the last tier is just a bonus for people who are really well set up for the particular challenge. I wasn't even able to come close in the first challenge, although I barely managed to eek it out in the second. Seele goes a long way for her ability to one-shot the trotters, and then in that particular one, having Bronya is the biggest key, in order to constantly grant second turns to the trial Blade.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Polaritie wrote: »

This reminds me of the fight club Genshin events in Inazuma and a couple others where there was clearly, for whatever reason, a Whale Tier for loot.

E: It'll be a good one to cycle back to if it goes into Event Memory though?

Auralynx on
  • Options
    So now that I've done all the stages, I went back and re-tried some of them since I have a better handle of things now, and I think my scores are pretty good. Given I'm not a FTP player, but I'm far from being a whale; I do have some notable characters (most notable for this are Seele, Luocha, Bronya, and Himeko), but they're E0 and I wasn't using any gacha 5* LCs. Here's my scores and notes for each stage:

Stage 1: 48k. Couldn't make it to 50k even after a couple attempts. Seele helps for the trotters, but honestly, it was mostly Himeko and Herta doing most of the heavy lifting.
    Stage 2: 56k. Bronya giving double actions to the trial Blade, along with Seele for murdering the trotters, makes this stage pretty straightforward.
    Stage 3: 60k. Felt good about this one. I took Himeko for some more AOE and burn, with Luocha to keep people alive. Worked pretty well. I think the plot armor buff that causes dots to trigger when you use skills or ultimates is crazy, though. Maybe try taking that over the one that spreads dots if you're having trouble. Also note of course that dots aren't affected by crit, so the plot armor boost for attack is more helpful.
    Stage 4: 73k. I'm not really clear on why this felt so much easier than stage 1? It felt like the points were just rolling in. I was starting to think that the points requirements for rewards must've skyrocketted, but no, you only need 60k. I used Seele and Bronya, and took the plot armor that heals as you use SP. Characters started dropping by the end, but I had enough points by then that it didn't really matter.
    Stage 5: 62k. This one was close. Same strategy as Stage 2, but Seele was a little more important the second time around, for helping beat up the gatekeepers. I'm unclear on if I should have tried harder to avoid letting the gatekeepers go into sanction mode, or if deliberately triggering that mode would be better.
    Stage 6: 84k. I actually tried the plot armor that spreads dots here first, and didn't even make it to 50k. Then I retried it with the same team, and this happened. I guess triggering dots so frequently just grants tons of points (along with the plot armor that increases point gain when dots trigger), even though I wasn't necessarily killing things any faster?

It's really weird to me how the first stage seems to be the most difficult. Not that the others are easy by a longshot, though, and I know that not having Bronya would make a world of difference for stages 2 and 5.

• Options
    Good luck doing any of that without Seele and Bronya.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Bronya isn't necessary I'm fairly sure. But she's definitely an obvious choice.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I at least agree that the Bronya/Seele combo is a big deal for stages 2 and 5. I didn't use either of them on 3 or 6, though, and I might be able to hit the same reward tiers in 1 and 4 without them? Might require Qingque to get a little but of luck on her E4, since follow-ups are a thing there.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    I did alright on the two follow-up attack stages, really well on the two dot stages (my Serval was better than the trial one) and really, really badly on the Blade stages. I just didn't really have anybody else useful to add to Blade and Luocha to really rake in the points.

Genshin gave us fairly crappy trial characters but these were mostly better than mine, Serval being the only exception. Didn't actually look at the trial 5*s but trial Serval has E3 and mine is E5.

ETA: The Deer guy in SU7 doesn't mess around at max difficulty level. I got the achievement for dying from 100% hp and that's with both +16% HP destruction blessing and +35% HP abundance blessing. I did get him eventually but I would've certainly wiped without the 10% healing per follow-up attack for Clara.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    I was looking at a meme about bats being the Kaslana family weapon of choice in GGZ and HI3 (there's even a baseball bat duel at one point), and it occurred to me (late-ish HI3 spoiler)
    that the most prominent person to use a lance in HI3 is also a Kaslana.

Wonder if there's an actual trend there and the HSR MC will get dual pistols, a greatsword, or a cross next...?

Kamar on
  • Options
    Wow, Hunt path resonance just bullies the deer boss in SU7 with the double resonance and auto crit below 50% picks. The moment he summons his plants it's basically over for that phase as you spam arrows. I didn't even have any defensive blessings, just all in on Hunt. The boss literally got one attack on my team the entire fight.

This could be even better with a splash of Remembrance for additional CC just so the boss doesn't get to do anything at all.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    As Luocha owner, I planned to skip Blade, but in the end I rolled for him and lost 50/50, getting myself Gepard. Now I am guaranteed to get Kafka, although I am still not sure if Blade would not be a better investment.

I also guess that now I can skip Fu Xuan, because according to leaks Gepard is slightly better than her anyway?

My 5 star characters as of now are Seele, Silver Wolf, Yanqing, Bailu, Luocha and Gepard.

People who rolled Blade - are you happy with his performance?

• Options
    Asthariel wrote: »
    As Luocha owner, I planned to skip Blade, but in the end I rolled for him and lost 50/50, getting myself Gepard. Now I am guaranteed to get Kafka, although I am still not sure if Blade would not be a better investment.

I also guess that now I can skip Fu Xuan, because according to leaks Gepard is slightly better than her anyway?

My 5 star characters as of now are Seele, Silver Wolf, Yanqing, Bailu, Luocha and Gepard.

People who rolled Blade - are you happy with his performance?

As someone who very critically has both Luocha and Bronya, yes, I am definitely happy with Blade's performance. That team is very strong and I'm having a much easier time with all kinds of content now. That said, not having Bronya would make him substantially weaker; since he doesn't spend much SP, she can consistently use her skill on him without the team having SP problems, and winds up more than doubling his damage output.

He's strong enough that I expect he would still be good without Bronya, though. Just, instead of building a team around him, you'd probably just use him as a second DPS character.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    I was initially gonna skip Blade and Kafka but Blade grew on me in the various trial stuff so I ended up rolling on the premium banner again after I had previously lost the 50/50 to Yanqing (he's fun, but tricky!). Also threw a few more rolls on the weapon banner and got his weapon. Now I just need the materials to level him, his traces, and weapon. I figured I don't care for Kafka, not big on DoT classes. So now I can save for Lunae and maybe Fu Xuan.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    I've got Jing and his Cone, along with an E6 Serval. So I don't really need anyone in the Lightning Damage Department.

Not sure about Moon Drinker.

I might just wait and take a Quantum Leap for Fu Xuan and Lynx.

Either way, I'm at 30 pity, 55 warps currently in the bank, and NO guarantee.

• Options
    I was going to roll for Kafka but the more I think of it the less she seems to mesh with my current roster that well. If I'll wait for Fu Xuan and Lynx I could do a mono-quantum team with them and my E6 QQ and Silver Wolf. The biggest downside doing that would be the long wait with nothing much to do. I was already pre-farming for Kafka (but only stuff that's universally useful like both types of xp, cash and some nihility mats SW can use if needed). Given Baldur's Gate 3 launches next week I might just take a break from HSR and come back for the mono-quantum stuff, I got 100+ pulls banked and 60 pity so I don't absolutely require more jade to get FX.

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    I’ve been a little disappointed in Blade, but I think that’s purely down to only having half a gear set on him now and I’ve been too distracted with remnant to do real farming. Hard to judge him fairly when half his relics are lvl 0!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    I don't have blade, but I do have a person on my friends list that has one and good god he blows away my entire teams dps when I use him as support. I thought I had a decent set up with Jing Yuan and his 5 star light cone, but I'm hitting for 2000'ish with his E on everyone, but blade is hitting for 10,000 on two enemies and 20,000 on one with his Q... Bronya and i'm getting 40,000 damage out of him on the boss in one round for only 2 skill points initially, and only 1 each round after that.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    JY is all about Lightning Lord. His E and Ult are ok damage but they're all about juicing up LL's damage.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    My only thing about Blade, trying him out, is that I wish there was an indicator for when his Ultimate is fully "charged" besides constantly going into his information screen, scrolling down, and checking the amount of lost HP stored up in it.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Garick wrote: »
    I don't have blade, but I do have a person on my friends list that has one and good god he blows away my entire teams dps when I use him as support. I thought I had a decent set up with Jing Yuan and his 5 star light cone, but I'm hitting for 2000'ish with his E on everyone, but blade is hitting for 10,000 on two enemies and 20,000 on one with his Q... Bronya and i'm getting 40,000 damage out of him on the boss in one round for only 2 skill points initially, and only 1 each round after that.

There is a big gap, output-wise, between any Erudition character and the Hunt / Destruction ones.

The ease of hitting lots of dudes is meant to make up for it, but doesn't entirely.

• Options
    Hmm, looking at the Kafka banner, I might throw a 10-pull at it. There's the new character, and I don't have Sampo.

So watch me pull like my tenth Serval.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Garick wrote: »

There is a big gap, output-wise, between any Erudition character and the Hunt / Destruction ones.

The ease of hitting lots of dudes is meant to make up for it, but doesn't entirely.

Right, but LL is Destruction/Hunt/Erudition. ;)

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Might be better to compare the same character, what with weaknesses and such. Like if you bring in a support JY, is it a lot better than yours?

• Options
    edited August 2023
    I finally gave a look at all the theorycraft loadouts since the new update and damn i guess these new sets changed half the characters. I had been lazily burning extra stam on the new speed set so I've already got some bits there but i guess i need to hit up the planar set a lot more now.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    I finally gave a look at all the theorycraft loadouts since the new update and damn i guess these new sets changed half the characters. I had been lazily burning extra stam on the new speed set so I've already got some bits there but i guess i need to hit up the planar set a lot more now.

Good news, tomorrow starts double Planar daily drop event

• Options
    Oh yeah I definitely forgot about that and used my capped planar tokens so I could claim this weeks point rewards like an hour ago

• Options
    They should just make these events start on Mondays. I almost wasted my freebie planar tokens too.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I assume they have entire think tanks that design the schedule release around people doing just that.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    Badablack wrote: »
    I assume they have entire think tanks that design the schedule release around people doing just that.

Why, though? There's usually a method to any gacha game evilness, they don't just go around kicking puppies for fun if there's no profit in it. At least for me if I'd waste my freebie tokens and then notice the event I'd just be unhappy about it and roughly 0.3% closer to quitting the game.

• Options
    I mean, you get two bites a day during the event and you can spend 40 stamina in lieu of a coin, so I don't think it's a big deal when that's what you were going to be doing anyway since it runs for several days.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Real answer is they want as many different times when your tempted/reminded to login.

If your logging in on refresh, they want you logging in later on for the event.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    By the way this might help some people who may not be able to decide which Planar to farm for this event, since the new sets dropped and they're good for certain characters but not others

https://youtu.be/jwY8pNRPDTM

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Madican wrote: »
    I mean, you get two bites a day during the event and you can spend 40 stamina in lieu of a coin, so I don't think it's a big deal when that's what you were going to be doing anyway since it runs for several days.

Sure it's not a huge deal but there's no real reason they wouldn't start the event on Monday instead, is there? That's just the thing, I don't see why they are doing this from game design viewpoint.

I'm more curious than mad about it, really. Maybe they really think that people first spending their freebie tokens (which is just 160 stamina as you said) and then coming back to this even spending more sells something, like paid BPs for the extra fuel. Or maybe it's just "oh this trotter event is ending, slap some 2x event there after it on the calendar" sort of thing.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Well they've done an interesting thing at least, assuming I'm understanding this right. Instead of a limit of however many attempts a day, it's 12 total and you can just belt the whole 12 out at once.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Managed to clear Memory of Chaos stage 9 with 3-stars, a huge improvement over the previous cycle when I was only able to clear up to 5. I know it's because this is set up specifically for the Blade/Luocha duo, but still, feels good. Honestly, even if there weren't so many advantageous type matchups this time, I don't think it'd matter; I was clearing every stage with turns to spare. Surviving is my problem. Even my Luocha team has proven to not be invincible, but the other side is regularly a struggle.