Options

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    are trailblazer variants pulls or story unlocks?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

The mc? Story unlocks to swap paths/forms, quest rewards for eidilon levels

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »

yeah, I meant the form/element

I'm finishing up hoth, I just gotta get to trailblazer lvl 24

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular

You'll get fire trailblazer soon enough.

• Options
    Mirkel wrote: »

You'll get fire trailblazer soon enough.

That's not soon enough!

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    A good intro to 4* characters to go for:

Also, having just gotten to fire trailblazer, everyone saying how much better she is vs the starting physical trailblazer wasn't exaggerating in the slightest. At this point I'm really struggling with too many choices for fun/interesting team comps I want to try but not enough resources to actually build them out.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    This first bit is for people who aren't coming from Genshin...if I recall correctly from Genshin, the actual 4-star guarantee is every 10 pulls, not once in a 10-pull. So if you're close, you can do single pulls to not "waste" warps. Same thing with 5-star. Can do single pulls to hit the number exactly, and save warps for the next banner.

Also, don't know if it was mentioned yet, but getting a 5-star on the Limited banner gives a 50-50 shot at the featured character. So if you get a non-Seele 5-star, the next 5-star you pull will be the featured character, from whatever the current banner is.

As for me, finally got the Serval Cone from the web event. Just gonna push with Seele, Serval, and Bailu, with the fourth rotating in as necessary (MC for now). I'm in that no man's land grinding up from 20-24

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Eight best 4 star characters to build is very funny...as that only leaves out five. The two bad free ones plus Asta, then two more I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention ever, plus Arlan who got nerfed into uselessness. So it's just another guide that boils down to 'I hope you pulled the two good 4 stars'.

Actually, wait a sec. Those numbers don't add up. Because Trailblazer is a 5 star. So that list is even funnier.

Also, don't know if it was mentioned yet, but getting a 5-star on the Limited banner gives a 50-50 shot at the featured character. So if you get a non-Seele 5-star, the next 5-star you pull will be the featured character, from whatever the current banner is.

If I ever pull a 5 star I guess this will be good to know.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Eight best 4 star characters to build is very funny...as that only leaves out five. The two bad free ones plus Asta, then two more I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention ever, plus Arlan who got nerfed into uselessness. So it's just another guide that boils down to 'I hope you pulled the two good 4 stars'.

Actually, wait a sec. Those numbers don't add up. Because Trailblazer is a 5 star. So that list is even funnier.

If I ever pull a 5 star I guess this will be good to know.

I mean, yes its only eight but not sure why that is funny? It does give more info on that in terms of role and what they are good at, and then ranks them to say which would be more appropriate based on your team and what you are trying to build around. I found it a useful breakdown at least, especially in light of trying to prioritize my limited resources.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    XantusXantus Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    but the real question is, who is the best 4 star trash can?

cw5z1hmdpgv5.jpg

Xantus on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Durr reading comprehension

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    I got Himeko after 16 pulls on the limited banner. Sorry guys, im stealing your luck.

601194223 is my UID if anyone wants to use her support.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Xantus wrote: »
    but the real question is, who is the best 4 star trash can?

cw5z1hmdpgv5.jpg

Thanks for reminding me to update the thread title.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to add me my UID is 600385760

• Options
    Tanked my way through Sim World 3 with lvl 40s, even though it's meant for 45+. Took forever with Clara, Serval, Nat and fire TB, basically two tanks, a healer and a lone AE dps. I really just wanted to take a look and see if I can kill an elite to get a few new relics, but I kept on not dying and the end boss ended up being easier than the second elite. Funniest blessing + character combo was "heal 10% per follow up attack" and Clara, she just heals to full when enemies beat on her.

Full run eats 160 power, as there's 4 loot chances at 40 power per. Got a ton of those last two relic types, was expecting them to be a bit rarer but given the amount of RNG bullshit with them I guess it's a good thing you get a lot. Used fuel for the run - I'm sure there's already a ton of guides that say "oh save all your fuel for max level grind" but that's always complete bullshit IMO. I have like 80 condensed resin in Genshin, the best time to use those are whenever you need them.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the secret is it's always grind time.

So I wonder how much more crossover with OG Honkai there will be. I assume we'll be getting Mei and Kiana at some point to be the top choices for Lightning and Fire.

• Options
    well i got to rank 15 and my 5* from the starter banner was.. Bailu >.> well at least i got a healer.. i feel like my pulls were lame so far but i got Hook also, so lets go team little people!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I just saw a Reddit thread like “ how many pulls did it take y’all to get selle e6 I did 550”

And I just did the math on that. And man there are just so many more interesting things to do with $1400

• Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Tanked my way through Sim World 3 with lvl 40s, even though it's meant for 45+. Took forever with Clara, Serval, Nat and fire TB, basically two tanks, a healer and a lone AE dps. I really just wanted to take a look and see if I can kill an elite to get a few new relics, but I kept on not dying and the end boss ended up being easier than the second elite. Funniest blessing + character combo was "heal 10% per follow up attack" and Clara, she just heals to full when enemies beat on her.

Full run eats 160 power, as there's 4 loot chances at 40 power per. Got a ton of those last two relic types, was expecting them to be a bit rarer but given the amount of RNG bullshit with them I guess it's a good thing you get a lot. Used fuel for the run - I'm sure there's already a ton of guides that say "oh save all your fuel for max level grind" but that's always complete bullshit IMO. I have like 80 condensed resin in Genshin, the best time to use those are whenever you need them.

I just did the same {world 3 with lvl 40's] but I was Phys TB, Serval, Tingyun, and Gepard.

I just went hard into Remembrance, So everything was frozen, then had Dissonance stacked into the stratosphere. The Boss Gepard is difficult to Freeze but it is still possible with enough Negative Resist from again good rolls on Remembrance.

• Options
    So TIL that you get an item called ‘Praise of High Morals’ from making altruistic choices in game and somehow I had three of them in inventory. I learned this because I found a ticking suitcase in the subway and it only let me open someone else’s luggage if I had the karma built up.

I also got an achievement yesterday for taking the hothead approach too many times. Not sure how to reconcile those two, but the fact that it’s tracking these things has dramatically increased my engagement with the dialog options! I respectfully bowed to the elder trash can instead of rummaging in it and I feel like this will have long term benefits. 😀

• Options
    I just saw a Reddit thread like “ how many pulls did it take y’all to get selle e6 I did 550”

And I just did the math on that. And man there are just so many more interesting things to do with $1400

In one of the gacha threads here people were routinely spending $1000 every month to max out every new five star. Basically playing a completely different game at that point.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Did Pitch-Dark Hook the Great’s character quest today. What a roller coaster of emotion.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I keep rolling Hook (up to uh... e4 now?). And she does seem like a good DPS to pair with Preservation Trailblazer because she just wants to watch the world burn. ...also I may have a light cone that gives bonus damage on burning enemies for her.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I keep rolling Hook (up to uh... e4 now?). And she does seem like a good DPS to pair with Preservation Trailblazer because she just wants to watch the world burn. ...also I may have a light cone that gives bonus damage on burning enemies for her.

That’s the Peppy light cone. Pairs well with Hook.

I should build Qongque so I have a quantum unit, I’ve got her at E2 between standard banner pulls and the free copy.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    well that was a good play session, managed to get Seele and another Natasha on the same pull.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Is it just me or is the phonograph music really quiet for some songs? Trying to get Wildfire to play as the background and it's barely audible compared to The Game is On

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The equilibrium mission is actually pretty difficult. I can usually get through 1 battle now, but not both

• Options
    Oh this is annoying. I'm at the second planet and now there's not only enemies who revive after being killed, but killing them the first time doesn't trigger Seele's ability.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Departure concert in about 45 minutes from the time of this post.

view here
    / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLyOaD38tpA&ab_channel=Honkai%3AStarRail
    or here
    /

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Boy this game sure does love to gatekeep upgrades and content in ways that are very easy to bypass by giving them money. Otherwise you're just stuck waiting for reset and stamina.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't know why you're playing this game given you don't particularly seem to like nor trust gacha games

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Oh this is annoying. I'm at the second planet and now there's not only enemies who revive after being killed, but killing them the first time doesn't trigger Seele's ability.

So far they all more or less die easily anyways. Looking at their Rebirth buff, I'm assuming Pela can strip it (if you have her), and they're weak to ice (which she is). But so far they all just explode to fire anyways.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Just beat the first planet.

Y'all weren't kidding about Preservation Trailblazer. It's wild how much of an upgrade it is over the Destruction version. Just stack as much defense on them as possible and your whole party becomes way harder to kill.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Just beat the first planet.

Y'all weren't kidding about Preservation Trailblazer. It's wild how much of an upgrade it is over the Destruction version. Just stack as much defense on them as possible and your whole party becomes way harder to kill.

I kinda liked the hobo with a baseball bat -thing physical TB got going on. But getting a 5* Preservation weapon that increases defense and Clara who inherited all the old physical gear made it easy to switch in the end. I don't run fire TB for normal trash fights though, don't really need her for those.

• Options
    Well, hit equilibrium 2, so I guess now I put story on hold while I upgrade my roster a bunch. Plus, Sim resets tomorrow so I'll be ready to stomp through 3 that way (already reached the boss but fell short on clearing).

And picked up Seele so need to dump a bunch of resources into her now... probably going to be focusing on rounding out my offense for breaks and such. Hook/Trailblazer covers fire, Pela/March cover ice, Seele hits quantum, Dan covers wind, Bailu/Tingyun cover electric, so really I want better physical (can use trailblazer if necessary, but... and Natasha on her own doesn't really do much for breaking I suspect) and imaginary (which only has Welt atm, so not much I can do there).

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    i don't know why you're playing this game given you don't particularly seem to like nor trust gacha games

This has all happened before, and it will happen again

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh anyway, so even though I don't particularly care about the next 5* after Seele, Jing Yuan, it's worth noting that if his banner is the same as it was during the betas, it will have some great 4*s on it.

On beta, his banner had Sushang, Tingyun, and March 7th.

• Options
    Boy this game sure does love to gatekeep upgrades and content in ways that are very easy to bypass by giving them money. Otherwise you're just stuck waiting for reset and stamina.

That's the gacha life. Honestly, if you look at it like Animal Crossing and just play for a little while each day, it makes the game both last longer and makes those gated upgrades much more palatable.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

That's the gacha life. Honestly, if you look at it like Animal Crossing and just play for a little while each day, it makes the game both last longer and makes those gated upgrades much more palatable.

and you can always spend 50 jade a day on stamina if you feel "behind"