Options

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    It's honestly kind of funny to see how much Jing Yuan gets memed on when every single time I look at Prydwen's MoC10 top ranking teams he is always in a Top 10 slot for fastest clears. He moves around a whole lot but he's there every single cycle.
    Curious if that's just DPS characters, not that fastest clears would use sustains. It's not like I think he's bad, though. I mean, sometimes I think Clara might be better than Kafka. The only other non-limited 5* DPS character who I might put above Jing Yuan is E6 Qingque.

Nope, it's all the teams with all the characters. He's usually with Asta and Tingyun, and now usually Fu Xuan for the sustain because MoC10 doesn't play around.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    It's honestly kind of funny to see how much Jing Yuan gets memed on when every single time I look at Prydwen's MoC10 top ranking teams he is always in a Top 10 slot for fastest clears. He moves around a whole lot but he's there every single cycle.
    Curious if that's just DPS characters, not that fastest clears would use sustains. It's not like I think he's bad, though. I mean, sometimes I think Clara might be better than Kafka. The only other non-limited 5* DPS character who I might put above Jing Yuan is E6 Qingque.

Nope, it's all the teams with all the characters. He's usually with Asta and Tingyun, and now usually Fu Xuan for the sustain because MoC10 doesn't play around.

That's really interesting. Doesn't necessarily change anything, but it's hard to imagine he'd be that high unless he was good. Unless he's just got some completely busted eidolons, I guess. I know he's got a good light cone, but he's not alone in that.

I might revisit my old FTP account I was playing for funsies that has him. Might also give me some more perspective for FTP/lower investment players. Gonna be weird playing without Luocha or Fu Xuan though!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I like JY, mine isn't built super well right now which I guess works out since I'll need a new relic set for him in 1.5 anyway

• Options
    Using him with Fu Xuan helps resolve the biggest issue I have with Jing Yuan: how if he gets CC'd just before Lightning Lord pops off then Lightning Lord refuses to do jack shit.

• Options
    Using him with Fu Xuan helps resolve the biggest issue I have with Jing Yuan: how if he gets CC'd just before Lightning Lord pops off then Lightning Lord refuses to do jack shit.

I'm hoping this secondary account can at least pick up Lynx soon. The on-demand nature of her burst could help avoid some of those situations. Thinking about it, it's gotta be awkward using him in Swarm Disaster without one of them, since he can't help break the exploding bugs, and their explosions completely neuter him.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Managed to fish out Jing's LC... Holy crap does she feel a lot more powerful with that vs the Herta shop one.

If I roll a couple decent relics she's going to start outshining my pampered golden child Seele.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I finally saved up and bought Bronya's light cone. Next goal is to build up my Yukong and try out Lunae, Bronya, Yukong, Luocha.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    @AshtonDragon

Reveal to me the secrets of Exterminator Qingque.

Do I need to be doing anything unexpected or just trying to hit the Laser Stadium benchmark?

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    @AshtonDragon

Do I need to be doing anything unexpected or just trying to hit the Laser Stadium benchmark?

Qingque's one of the more complicated characters in the game in a lot of ways. Statwise, as much crit as you can get on her is ideal. Hitting 70% crit for rutilant arena is best, but kinda difficult, since she doesn't get any crit from her traces or anything. It's a bit more lenient if you have Fu Xuan to make up ~10% crit. If it's not attainable, Salsotto is fine; she still does a good amount of ultimate and follow-up damage (assuming E4). Note that a quantum orb and attack% rope/substats are good for her, but she gets a lot of damage% and attack% naturally from her Hidden Hand buff and from using her skill a few times, so its value is a little bit diminished.

Speed is a question mark. Personally I do use speed boots on her, since anything slower than 120 speed feels glacial, but keep in mind that less speed greatly reduces the demand on skill points (both because she gets less turns, and because other party members getting more turns means she gets more free tiles). If you choose to use Bronya with her, that changes a lot and requires a whole other can of decision making.

Using her is straightforward on paper; spam skill until hidden hand, blast. The tricky part is choosing when to use her ultimate. What you choose to do there will vary depending on the scenario:
    1) Use it after using her skill a couple times, but not getting Hidden Hand. The ultimate will get the damage boost from her skill uses, and then this fills her hand up for the enhanced basic. Saving her ultimate to use this in a pinch is very safe.
    2) Use it after her skill and after triggering Hidden Hand. Might seem odd to use it when you already have a full hand, but this is technically ideal. The ultimate will not only get the damage boosts from the skills, but also the attack boost from having Hidden Hand. This does expose you to do the risk of not being able to fill your hand on the following turn, but it's huge damage.
    3) Use it immediately after using your enhanced basic attack. In this circumstance, it gets the damage boost from your skills, but since she already threw her tiles, it won't have the Hidden Hand buff. Still, it's pretty good damage, and guarantees you will have another enhanced basic on the following turn. This can be good, but you usually want to use her skill a couple times, so going into a fresh turn with a full hand is kinda underwhelming. I usually only do this if I know I'm not going to have skill points to burn for some reason.

That's pretty much it. It's always a waste to use it on anyone else's turn besides Qingque's, unless it ends the battle.

Extra hot tip: After you've used her skill at least once in a turn, Qingque is technically in an "extra" turn, similar to Seele after proccing resurgence or Blade after he uses his skill. During that "extra turn", any buffs you receive will not tick down after you attack. So for example, if you use Tingyun's or Bronya's ultimates, you can use their buffs on your attack, and then still have the full number of turns for following attacks with the buffs. This can also be used with the Propogation path resonance in the Simulated Universe; you can use it in the middle of the turn to add skill points and advance her next turn, and then attack with the Metamorphosis buff, and still have the buff for the following turn.

• Options
    Heh, since I have Jing's LC and I don't really care much about the next banner, I'm dumping more of my jades from the Aether tournament into trying to get some QQ eidolons so I can get on that Death God Quing train.

Instantly got E1 for Jing. Pretty safe to say she's gonna be surpassing my E0, no sig-LC Seele now or soon.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    AshtonDragon

Qingque's one of the more complicated characters in the game in a lot of ways. Statwise, as much crit as you can get on her is ideal. Hitting 70% crit for rutilant arena is best, but kinda difficult, since she doesn't get any crit from her traces or anything. It's a bit more lenient if you have Fu Xuan to make up ~10% crit. If it's not attainable, Salsotto is fine; she still does a good amount of ultimate and follow-up damage (assuming E4). Note that a quantum orb and attack% rope/substats are good for her, but she gets a lot of damage% and attack% naturally from her Hidden Hand buff and from using her skill a few times, so its value is a little bit diminished.

Speed is a question mark. Personally I do use speed boots on her, since anything slower than 120 speed feels glacial, but keep in mind that less speed greatly reduces the demand on skill points (both because she gets less turns, and because other party members getting more turns means she gets more free tiles). If you choose to use Bronya with her, that changes a lot and requires a whole other can of decision making.

Using her is straightforward on paper; spam skill until hidden hand, blast. The tricky part is choosing when to use her ultimate. What you choose to do there will vary depending on the scenario:
    1) Use it after using her skill a couple times, but not getting Hidden Hand. The ultimate will get the damage boost from her skill uses, and then this fills her hand up for the enhanced basic. Saving her ultimate to use this in a pinch is very safe.
    2) Use it after her skill and after triggering Hidden Hand. Might seem odd to use it when you already have a full hand, but this is technically ideal. The ultimate will not only get the damage boosts from the skills, but also the attack boost from having Hidden Hand. This does expose you to do the risk of not being able to fill your hand on the following turn, but it's huge damage.
    3) Use it immediately after using your enhanced basic attack. In this circumstance, it gets the damage boost from your skills, but since she already threw her tiles, it won't have the Hidden Hand buff. Still, it's pretty good damage, and guarantees you will have another enhanced basic on the following turn. This can be good, but you usually want to use her skill a couple times, so going into a fresh turn with a full hand is kinda underwhelming. I usually only do this if I know I'm not going to have skill points to burn for some reason.

That's pretty much it. It's always a waste to use it on anyone else's turn besides Qingque's, unless it ends the battle.

Extra hot tip: After you've used her skill at least once in a turn, Qingque is technically in an "extra" turn, similar to Seele after proccing resurgence or Blade after he uses his skill. During that "extra turn", any buffs you receive will not tick down after you attack. So for example, if you use Tingyun's or Bronya's ultimates, you can use their buffs on your attack, and then still have the full number of turns for following attacks with the buffs. This can also be used with the Propogation path resonance in the Simulated Universe; you can use it in the middle of the turn to add skill points and advance her next turn, and then attack with the Metamorphosis buff, and still have the buff for the following turn.

Yeah, I've had her at E6 for a bit but was having a jolly time with Blade so in no hurry to build her.

Now I'm out of projects for the moment, so she's next since most of what I have left to do in SU happens at difficulty 5.

• Options
    MoC 10 completed with 30 stars. A week early but I got into a roll once I realized each level I could use basically the same two teams. Ebon Deer was surprisingly the "hardest" of the bosses since he was so damn chunky and Seele wasn't landing her crits. I found out afterward that's because she was missing her entire planar set. Oops. Still cleared though.

Afterward I decided to look up one of those achievement trackers and plugged everything in so I can try knocking out a couple of the hidden ones I'm missing when I've got time. Apparently there's a lot of hidden achievements for bullying Yanqing with a ton of different characters. Boy doesn't get a break even outside the story.

• Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    Yay! Got Jing... after going all the way to hard pity and a failed 50/50, then all the way to hard pity again, so it was the max possible spent to get the minimum but... well anyhow now I have her.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Decided to give this game a try last night. It has been a long, long time since I've encountered something with lore and descriptions that were this far up its own ass with flowery anime prose. Which is pretty funny compared to how regularly casual most of the actual character dialogue is. (Kafka aside)

I'm enjoying the game though, this really feels like stylistically what Star Ocean should really have been about this whole time. I also opened a pack with this hot rocker girl with a lightning guitar, so +1 for that. And Bronya, who I am told is kind of not great at low levels but really strong support at higher levels, so looking forward to it.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Decided to give this game a try last night. It has been a long, long time since I've encountered something with lore and descriptions that were this far up its own ass with flowery anime prose. Which is pretty funny compared to how regularly casual most of the actual character dialogue is. (Kafka aside)

I'm enjoying the game though, this really feels like stylistically what Star Ocean should really have been about this whole time. I also opened a pack with this hot rocker girl with a lightning guitar, so +1 for that. And Bronya, who I am told is kind of not great at low levels but really strong support at higher levels, so looking forward to it.

Yeah, Bronya gets more powerful directly in proportion to your carries, so she's not the best first open, but knowing you've got her for the long haul is a big plus. Her + Dan Heng will do some exciting things if you feed them skill points to burn, but you're hoping for a rude 5* like Blade or Jingliu, ultimately.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Bronya is also one of those few characters that won't really be power crept much because of the nature of her kit. She's very good.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Bronya is also one of those few characters that won't really be power crept much because of the nature of her kit. She's very good.

You really can't go wrong with "give the DPS extra turns and tons of buffs". She also cleanses debuffs as a bonus. Her only downside is that she's very SP hungry since she wants to pass turns to your DPS as often as possible, but that just means your other two slots need to be units that don't spend a lot of SP. (which is true of most defensive units, thankfully)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I also managed to get Jingliu after hitting hart pity today, but alas, I have only one light cone to share between her and DHIL. My first impression is that she is weaker than him, of course, because I do not have properly optimized relics for her (how the heck am I supposed to hit 50% crit rate without using crit rate focused body relic, considering that body should be using crit dmg). Feels like I will need to wait for a long time before she will be properly usable (I also lack Bronya in my rooster, and I guess she is the best support for her?).

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Just get perfect substats on every relic. Easy.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i have simply decided that you do not need 100% crit rate. I got her to like 30% pretty easy with basically no relics rolling CR.

I know she's probably worse than DHIL but I've been using her a lot more. maybe it's just that i think she's sweet, but good ice dps just slots into a lot of the general farming nodes and sim world 7 for weekly/bonus drops

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    I also managed to get Jingliu after hitting hart pity today, but alas, I have only one light cone to share between her and DHIL. My first impression is that she is weaker than him, of course, because I do not have properly optimized relics for her (how the heck am I supposed to hit 50% crit rate without using crit rate focused body relic, considering that body should be using crit dmg). Feels like I will need to wait for a long time before she will be properly usable (I also lack Bronya in my rooster, and I guess she is the best support for her?).

You don't need 100% crit rate. She also works just fine without Bronya - I guess people are obsessing to skip her normal mode low-dps time but as she gets a speed boost from using her skill it's not too bad. Trying to "perfect" her to fit some internet advice mold is fairly pointless, she's great anyways.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    I was having some trouble making progress on Diff 4 of the Swarm SU, but I think I've finally put together the perfect synergy team of survivability and DPS: Jingliu, Fu Xuan, Luocha, and Bronya.

They perfectly compliment keeping everyone as healthy as possible and buffed up for damage output while using a bare minimum of skill points. I just wish I had a 5th party member slot to run Silver Wolf, but alas.

edit: plus having 2 people who can purge debuffs on the party, as well as Lu's buff purge on enemies

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    You should be aiming for 20-30% crit with Jingliu, 50% is like... Long term perfectionist goals

But getting to 20-30% and then cranking crit DMG as high as possible will be your first priority

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    You should be aiming for 20-30% crit with Jingliu, 50% is like... Long term perfectionist goals

But getting to 20-30% and then cranking crit DMG as high as possible will be your first priority

Yeah... It's definitely feeling like a tightrope. My two best chest pieces for her are this imbalance:

akukoiuoakmp.png

Just gonna keep rolling relics with fingers crossed.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    I think the one on the right is very good, honestly

EDIT: Bear in mind that if you're using Fu, you have an additional 12% crit rate

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Cavern just dropped some new gloves that made it even better IMO!

hvj3uevujei7.png

It has been a very fortuitous weekend

• Options
    I think the one on the right is very good, honestly

EDIT: Bear in mind that if you're using Fu, you have an additional 12% crit rate

Doesn't crit rate over 100% also get converted to crit damage, so you're not technically wasting anything over 100?

I just HATE the feeling of missing crits on my carries.

• Options
    No, crit rate over 100% just doesn't do anything as far as I'm aware

Maybe you're thinking of that blessing in SU

• Options
    edited October 2023
    No, crit rate over 100% just doesn't do anything as far as I'm aware

Maybe you're thinking of that blessing in SU

well, at least then that combo of new gloves +Fu +Jing's buff state equals literally 99.9% crit.

edit: I can't do basic math, 89%. I'll take it.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    Doing single pulls for now QQ ediolons.

5*!

Destruction!

Clara E2...

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Doing single pulls for now QQ ediolons.

5*!

Destruction!

Clara E2...

Welcome to the club.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I'm over here in my own club

xjaizl3scfwm.jpg

• Options
    I'm over here in my own club

xjaizl3scfwm.jpg

I mean, 3 of those is (in a way) better than my 1 and no other 5* cones, I guess?

• Options
    I would have preferred some 5* standard banner characters instead

• Options
    Owlbert has a new recruiting video out for Space Capitalism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f2qB_gw8b8

• Options
    Owlbert has a great voice.

Still intend to burn down Pier Point in the future sometime though.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Was thinking of trying to grab some Ting eidolons, figured that if I get Jingliu E1 it's all good as well. First 10 pull, Sampo's annoying punchable face. Alright, let's try again. Sampo. Well, they gotta be out of jerkfaces by now, third 10 pull. Sampo. I don't think I've ever gotten same guy four times in a row so might as well try a fourth time. The Moles Welcome You LC and then a fourth Sampo.

I give up.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I completed the tournament event and went to claim my free character and laughed because it’s 3 characters I had at e6 and one I don’t have at all. They could have just said “free luka”

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I completed the tournament event and went to claim my free character and laughed because it’s 3 characters I had at e6 and one I don’t have at all. They could have just said “free luka”

I am in the exact same situation, although in my case I have E6 Serval, Luka and Pela, and E0 Hook, despite rolling on Fu Xuan banner.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Was thinking of trying to grab some Ting eidolons, figured that if I get Jingliu E1 it's all good as well. First 10 pull, Sampo's annoying punchable face. Alright, let's try again. Sampo. Well, they gotta be out of jerkfaces by now, third 10 pull. Sampo. I don't think I've ever gotten same guy four times in a row so might as well try a fourth time. The Moles Welcome You LC and then a fourth Sampo.

I give up.

Oh great, not only is Sampo the Aeon of Elation, but he appears to be influencing the simulation.