Options

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I still remember when I started playing this game and didn't know anything. I got Bronya off the beginner banner, started reading what all her abilities do. And then I had to go back and read them again, because I couldn't believe it.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Does the Topaz + Kafka thing mean I need to level up my Kafka's talent to 10 as well now? It has fairly high scaling actually, lvl 8 is 115% but 10 is 140%.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    You didn't fully max out Mommy Kafka ASAP? Huh...

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Does the Topaz + Kafka thing mean I need to level up my Kafka's talent to 10 as well now? It has fairly high scaling actually, lvl 8 is 115% but 10 is 140%.

Personally, I don't think so. It's a good relative increase for that particular ability, but I don't think Kafka's follow up damage is really going to be that substantial regardless. It's relevant damage, but still more about reliably advancing Numby than anything.

It gets a bit more value if you're building her for crit, but it doesn't sound like that is especially recommended even in this team.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    You didn't fully max out Mommy Kafka ASAP? Huh...

Her ultimate is lvl 10, that's plenty enough.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The benefit to Kafka in this specific situation is that she is currently the only character who will provide one additional follow up attack per turn guaranteed. This allows Numby an additional guaranteed 50% turn advance for every turn Kafka takes, more or less. Nobody else can guarantee this sort of thing currently, JY will usually take two turns at least in-between Lightning Lord attacks and Clara is reliant on enemy attacks.

The damage on her own follow up attack is less valuable than the fact that it happens, and that she can help with AoE with her Shocks and Ult

• Options
    edited October 2023
    I was just doing the latest SU event and those FUAs can get fairly ridiculous with a bunch of Elation blessings. It's not normally a big attack for sure, usually the two best things about it are the shock and the break damage. Just made me wonder whether they are going to make a lot of SU events in the future, that'd increase its value somewhat.

I guess I'll add it to the infinite list of things to do, somewhere between finally building Tinguyn and getting QQ her quantum relic set. At least I just hit TB lvl 70 so I don't need to farm cash as much any more.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Mirkel wrote: »
    I was just doing the latest SU event and those FUAs can get fairly ridiculous with a bunch of Elation blessings. It's not normally a big attack for sure, usually the two best things about it are the shock and the break damage. Just made me wonder whether they are going to make a lot of SU events in the future, that'd increase its value somewhat.

I guess I'll add it to the infinite list of things to do, somewhere between finally building Tinguyn and getting QQ her quantum relic set. At least I just hit TB lvl 70 so I don't need to farm cash as much any more.

Oh, for sure. Himeko / Topaz is going to be ridiculous on Elation runs. So're the others mentioned but them both being fire is a net benefit for SU in most cases.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Himeko will see substantial value from the upcoming relic set in 1.5 as well

She's still limited by really needing Fire weak enemies, but under those conditions Himeko+Topaz should be rather strong

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Himeko will see substantial value from the upcoming relic set in 1.5 as well

She's still limited by really needing Fire weak enemies, but under those conditions Himeko+Topaz should be rather strong

Silver Wolf: "Now this looks like a job for me"

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Silver Wolf might be the character I most regret pulling. With my poor luck, even with an all Lightning team she just keeps picking Quantum. I wonder if I should try investing into Pela for that team instead...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The secret to Silver Wolf is to make sure she only has one choice, she's much better at supporting Quantum damage dealers than anyone else (since it's much easier to choose the rest of the party to match enemy weaknesses that way)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Topaz get. I'll level/ascend her but hold off on any real usage until that followup relic set comes out to farm.

Now I'm probably on hold until we find out what Ruan Mei does, data leaks don't count this early since they can change, when she'll be the first 5 Star Harmony unit.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Topaz get. I'll level/ascend her but hold off on any real usage until that followup relic set comes out to farm.

Now I'm probably on hold until we find out what Ruan Mei does, data leaks don't count this early since they can change, when she'll be the first 5 Star Harmony unit.

Do a quick check and see if you have any halfway decent Musketeer relics. You probably have more than you think. But you're right, there's no point doing any extensive farming right now.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    The secret to Silver Wolf is to make sure she only has one choice, she's much better at supporting Quantum damage dealers than anyone else (since it's much easier to choose the rest of the party to match enemy weaknesses that way)

This is likely correct, and also something I can't take advantage of with my very limited pool of characters. On top of the limited sustain options available so far.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i just realized my 300 standard banner and soft pity start on it within a couple of pulls of each other. Not sure if i should try to hold out for pity first or just treat "choose bronya then pull bronya" as a big win.

Also have been hovering my store embers around 600 in case I want to get her light cone when I do.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Do a quick check and see if you have any halfway decent Musketeer relics. You probably have more than you think. But you're right, there's no point doing any extensive farming right now.

Turns out I had some halfway decent stuff in my inventory locked from previous relic leveling. Got 2 pc Fire set and 2 pc Musketeer with 140 Speed, 2300 Attack, and decent HP/Defense. Crit/Damage is a bit lacking with 50/70 ratio so far but it'll do until the new stuff. What I can work on is a better Salsotto orb+rope since I don't have a Fire orb the rope is just bad.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Maybe that 4* destruction character will give us the fabled mono-quantum team we wanted, since Fu Xuan + Lynx feels a bit overkill for Seele + Silver Wolf.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Fu absolutely does not need a healer, yeah

Obviously the answer is to use Seele as an SP generator for QQ

• Options
    Fu absolutely does not need a healer, yeah

Obviously the answer is to use Seele as an SP generator for QQ

I've been running Luocha, Jingliu, QQ and SW as my SU7 team - QQ is there since once Jingliu gets going and SW has slapped a new weakness on the main target the team is really SP positive. Sometimes QQ forgets she's supposed to be the sub-dps and really just wrecks everything, though.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    I was so happy when I first got Lynx for my up and coming Mono Quantum team.

I was increasingly unhappy as I realized she just doesn't really have a place on it, and proceeded to E6 her with nearly all my purple rolls.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    I was telling people all along that Lynx wasn't needed for Fu!

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I was telling people all along that Lynx wasn't needed for Fu!

It's not liked I tried to E6 her =P

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    I don't know why, but I just get a kick out of Lynx's ultimate in 2x speed mode.

TRY 'EM ALL!

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    If you're going to play mono quantum you might as well include Lynx just because mono quantum isn't really an actual team so much as it's an excuse to hit auto battle on every fight.

• Options
    Checking my eidolons is a little depressing. All these maxed sixes on characters I'll never use. I think I've pulled Pela 15-20 times. I've pulled nothing but Luka (E5 now) while getting Topaz.

And then my Tingyun has zero.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Well… crap.

I pulled up my store to buy my monthly tickets.

Wrong store. Have 30 tickets now. Got topaz with them at least.

But, damn. I was hanging on to them probably for the bronya LC after I hit 300+pity on the standard banner

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Irrationally want to pull for Ruan Mei, but Dr. Gunshow intrigues...

Managed to hit 300 on the standard banner, still kind of indecisive about who to pull for.

Haves:
    All 4-stars
    Bailu
    Bronya
    Seele
    Jing Yuan
    Silver Wolf
    Kafka
    Fu Xuan
    Jingliu

I still say top 2 are Gepard and Welt, with Clara in 3rd. With those 3 damage units, and the fact that I've got a 2-star Moment of Victory on the Trailblazer currently, probably can't go wrong with Gepard and switching her back to the bat.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Gepard might be the stronger for you there, yeah. I picked Welt because he's the good gramps I adore, but I do wish I had Gepard sometimes.

And of course there's the trusty Bronya E1.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular

Managed to hit 300 on the standard banner, still kind of indecisive about who to pull for.

Haves:
    All 4-stars
    Bailu
    Bronya
    Seele
    Jing Yuan
    Silver Wolf
    Kafka
    Fu Xuan
    Jingliu

I still say top 2 are Gepard and Welt, with Clara in 3rd. With those 3 damage units, and the fact that I've got a 2-star Moment of Victory on the Trailblazer currently, probably can't go wrong with Gepard and switching her back to the bat.

Welt is unique in that I think he is the only one with a slow? With you having Fu Xuan and the Trailblazer I'd probably choose him as he has that specialty and is Imaginary damage.

I currently have everyone except Bronya, Gepard, and Yanqin, so unless Bronya magically comes home beforehand my choice will be easy.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    So in this event window I've so far gotten E4 Luka, E1 Shushang and Topaz. I'll take it.

Finished Space China yesterday, so I guess
    Tingyun is like currently being treated as super dead, though officially "ambiguous". RIP -1 animu waifu for now I guess

Finally hit trail 40 too to start equilibrium 3, so I can finally start digging out of purple town. Aw yeah.

Ran through Digimon Aetherium Wars last night, which is pretty neat. The Silvermane Cannoneer is pretty lmao, easily the most roundly broken unit in that event.

Also suck it "Current team is underpowered", rank 2 Deception wasn't really that bad. Now I have Qingque's +10% damage stacking talent, like she needs to be any dumber. Speaking of, does her second attack(Autarky) count as a followup attack? (e.g. for Elation Sim World junk)

Went on to clear Sim World 5 today. Landed on nihility which turned out to be such a bonkers path for that run, the boss' health was eventually dropping by a third of its max health bar a turn from dots and dissociation. Sampo has been such a workhorse from the day I got him. That boss is such a cheap shit though, I can't imagine going in there with less than 2 dispels.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Cirira wrote: »

Haves:
    All 4-stars
    Bailu
    Bronya
    Seele
    Jing Yuan
    Silver Wolf
    Kafka
    Fu Xuan
    Jingliu

Welt is unique in that I think he is the only one with a slow? With you having Fu Xuan and the Trailblazer I'd probably choose him as he has that specialty and is Imaginary damage.

I currently have everyone except Bronya, Gepard, and Yanqin, so unless Bronya magically comes home beforehand my choice will be easy.

Both Dan Heng and Silver Wolf have slows, but both are single target only and SW's slow is random as it is one of the three bugs. So when it's not unique to Welt he is certainly the best at it by a large margin.

Also Qingque's Autarky does count as a follow-up attack.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    hang on her a6 is called Stonks Market. these devs are TOO online and must be stopped.

I don't know what the best place to test her out is. I got her up to lvl 70, teamed with kafka/asta/loucha and obliterated SU3 that has fire/lightning weakness but is only lvl 73 and fairly easy with any team. Numby attacked A LOT though.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    If you think that's too online take a look at Guinaifen's Talent

"PatrAeon" is not okay. Who do they think they are, Koji Fox?

Madican on
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »

Haves:
    All 4-stars
    Bailu
    Bronya
    Seele
    Jing Yuan
    Silver Wolf
    Kafka
    Fu Xuan
    Jingliu

Hmm, I don't know if I want to keep TB locked to Preservation, especially when there's supposedly a new path coming, but I suppose there's March as an alternative.

• Options
    I was sitting at around 65 pity on the standard banner, and this month's tickets popped a 5*. Clara's light cone! I kept debating whether to buy it or Gepard's from the shop, but I wanted to wait until the banner paid out just in case it got cheeky like this.

I'm at 225/300, so assuming it decides to go the distance again and I hit the 75 pulls first, I'll probably just wait to see what pops out again before choosing. For me it's up to Himiko/Welt/Bronya/Bailu. So yeah, probably obviously Bronya.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    But pity today, and landed on Topaz. But what's this? Topaz E1 showed up on the same pull.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I wish I was half as lucky as some of you XD

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Eh, across 3 years of Genshin and 6 months of Star Rail, I've gotten 3 double five star pulls.

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    Eh, across 3 years of Genshin and 6 months of Star Rail, I've gotten 3 double five star pulls.

2.5 years of Genshin and now 6 months of HSR and I've gotten 0 double five star pulls and I don't have any limited 5* with c1/e1.