Options

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Tried that Topaz, Kafka, Bronya, Luocha team in SU 6 since I need Salsotto orb. Got wiped out by Cocolia in the last phase. Not because of low damage though, but too high. Blew through her first two phases so quickly she ended up with something like ten turns back to back from the ice pillar AoEs, her freeze, her Bronya boosting up to an instant ultimate with no charge time, and the Phase 3 AoE all on top of each other. Even Luocha couldn't keep up with that amount of damage.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I got back to back Keqing's once in Genshin.

In Star Rail here, I was doing individual pulls on the Kafka banner, really just hoping for Sampo. 5* flash, and it's an E2 Gepard. Next pull, "Oops sorry about that technical issue, here's your Kafka". And then to top it all off, the ticket I got from leveling Kafka went into the standard banner... which gave me Sampo.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2023
    I think my only double 5* pull was Childe. I've gotten lucky with characters within a few pulls, but getting two in one ten-pull is damn rare.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    They weren't in a 10 pull but I did get Kafka and then a Clara dupe a few single pulls later. Which sums up my 'luck' pretty well.

Similarly I did pull three 5 stars at once in another game, but two were dupes for garbage characters I didn't use. I also got Saber on my very first FGO pull...and then kept pulling her over and over, until I'd maxed her out and still trashed at least two more copies.

Topaz is in useable shape so I blasted through MoC without any real difficulty, then finally started getting some Swarm V wins thanks to better typing and more speed.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited November 2023
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I think my only double 5* pull was Childe. I've gotten lucky with characters within a few pulls, but getting two in one ten-pull is damn rare.

I got two Ayakas across consecutive 10-pulls once in Genshin, and was riding a semi-hot streak of hitting early (like, 50s) and often back near Star Rail's launch.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I'm bored and thought I'd plug out a few more of these Swarm Disaster tasks that need doing. Right now it's completing 20 domains at full health, and make it to the final boss with 1000 fragments. I make it all the way to the 3rd plane, and one of the events is the knights one that gives you a bunch of buff options. One of them is a curio called a cavity something. I thought eh, I don't really need any of the other options, so let's try this one. "Consume all fragments, gain 24% crit damage for every 100 lost".

Incidentally, it was by far the fastest I've ever blown away a rank IV boss fight. We're talking so fast I didn't even really need healing. I wasn't even planning on winning, since I wasn't upgrading any blessings.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Hmm, leveling characters to 40/50 just for that one standard pass is surprisingly painless. Should've done this sooner.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Got Topaz caught up, and now with her, March and Qingque I have a good start for an Elation team. Oh boy do aftertaste setups pull some bullshit.

I appreciate that the protag has a number of chat options to call people out. Obviously they ultimately don't change much due to the curse of live service, but I still like it thematically better than just flat <doormat>/<doormat>.

• Options
    You can also be an utter gremlin when the mood strikes

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Got Topaz caught up, and now with her, March and Qingque I have a good start for an Elation team. Oh boy do aftertaste setups pull some bullshit.

I appreciate that the protag has a number of chat options to call people out. Obviously they ultimately don't change much due to the curse of live service, but I still like it thematically better than just flat <doormat>/<doormat>.

You can actually completely skip one particular event if you just say no at every prompt. It just ends and you get all the rewards and a different achievement than if you played it through.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    The Trailblazer very clearly has their own personality, and it comes through in the options they have to respond to people. However, there is one particularly character in which the options you have to respond to them with vary wildly, pretty much every time you encounter them. And it's pretty obvious who that character is, even if you didn't happen to notice this.

As opposed to, say, Nat. The Trailblazer is going to respond favorably to Nat every time she's on screen, and there's nothing we can do to stop this. Not that we should, of course.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Well that was a hilarious SU7 run. Remembrance with basically everything, so there was a very high chance to freeze an enemy when dissociation is removed and damaging a frozen enemy applies dissociation. Boss basically never got to move because I'd use resonance immediately after it summoned its adds each phase... and it just kept re-freezing whenever its turn came around. (As did the adds most of the time)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Well that was a hilarious SU7 run. Remembrance with basically everything, so there was a very high chance to freeze an enemy when dissociation is removed and damaging a frozen enemy applies dissociation. Boss basically never got to move because I'd use resonance immediately after it summoned its adds each phase... and it just kept re-freezing whenever its turn came around. (As did the adds most of the time)

Yeah, the Deer is the only SU boss on which Rememberance really shows its potential at this point, though I forced it on Svarog a few times back when Yanqing was the only thing resembling a carry I had and that works pretty well too.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Remembrance is one of those paths that really gets out of hand when you manage to put all of the puzzle pieces together, like Nihility. It's pretty tough to make it that strong in a regular SU run; it's a lot more consistent in Swarm Disaster, where you have so much more time and agency to put the build together. And the ridiculous stacking bonus to effect hit makes freezing things that are resistant pretty reliable, barring Cocolia.

I assume you can put it together pretty well in some of the stages of the recent SU event, as well, but I have to assume that it's not the best for getting max points.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    I just did the infinite fragments level of this event with topaz/kafka/asta/loucha and it was not even close. I auto'd the challenge mode.

obviously hard to judge off of the power fantasy event levels but like I figured they were barely built up and would have survival issues. but nah, numby just doing infinite damage is good survival

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Remembrance is a path that you can essentially clear with literally any characters, because Dissociation is 30% of the enemies max health when it's removed. More with that one talent.

So you get the high chance to freeze every fifth attack or whatever, the one that causes Dissociation when you hit them while they're frozen, and the one that removes Dissociation when you hit them.

With those three blessings, you just beat anything up to and including Swarm 5.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Gaslighting a wildlife fringe group into releasing robots into the wild has got to be one of the more bizarre quests I've done in a game in a while.

I just did the followup to this quest.

wat

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Remembrance is a path that you can essentially clear with literally any characters, because Dissociation is 30% of the enemies max health when it's removed. More with that one talent.

So you get the high chance to freeze every fifth attack or whatever, the one that causes Dissociation when you hit them while they're frozen, and the one that removes Dissociation when you hit them.

I did Remembrance for each of these SU bonus things and the bastards slipped in Cocolia as a boss on one (immune to freeze) and one of those ice golem things (also immune) on another.

• Options
    Aww, they're going to fix Topaz being able to gun down all the non-aggressive warp trotters in Swarm Adventure mode. Back to Asta I guess...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »

I did Remembrance for each of these SU bonus things and the bastards slipped in Cocolia as a boss on one (immune to freeze) and one of those ice golem things (also immune) on another.

That's why you always grab that thingy that lets you die once and it counts as winning the fight, the second boss is legitimately the hardest part of a lot of Swarm runs

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    New redemption codes:

JB9BE7K5RQY3 (100 Stellar Jades + 50000 Credits)

HT8BX7JL89Z7 (100 Stellar Jades + 5 Purple Exp)

6B9BFPK58Q3T (100 Stellar Jades + 4 LC Exp)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1utY0z9g00

Asthariel on
  • Options
    Lots of good stuff in the stream, events look good and whatnot. The thing that really took me off guard is the Forgotten Hall update; they're adding a rematch option that puts you out of combat before techniques were used, and if you use it in the second half, you don't have to re-do the first half.

• Options
    The trailer was just ok, I think. Maybe the first time I've been underwhelmed by one of Hoyo's trailers. Or maybe just whelmed.

I didn't expect Hanya's animations to go so hard though. They look great.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    That SW rerun banner looks awesome, I want all three 4*s. Huohuo's banner looks horrible on the other hand, glad I'm not trying to get her.

ETA: Got Welt from the standard banner with the code jades. He's not Bronya but waaaaaay better than a Bailu eidolon or Himeko LC.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    Mirkel wrote: »
    That SW rerun banner looks awesome, I want all three 4*s. Huohuo's banner looks horrible on the other hand, glad I'm not trying to get her.

ETA: Got Welt from the standard banner with the code jades. He's not Bronya but waaaaaay better than a Bailu eidolon or Himeko LC.

Haha wow yeah, that's a bad banner. Second half is great though, and I was already planning on rolling for Argenti.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    1.5 Banner contents for anyone else who prefers to read information:

First half
    Huohuo
    Dan Heng
    Serval
    Arlan

Second half
    Argenti
    Asta
    Lynx
    Hanya

Also a SW rerun with the same 4-stars

So yes, banner one is pretty meh.

• Options
    Are they actively trying to get nobody to roll on Argenti? Geez.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Are they actively trying to get nobody to roll on Argenti? Geez.

I'm rolling on Argenti. He's cool as hell looking, and the Knights of Beauty have always been true bros in SU.

• Options
    There's 4 Knights, right? I wonder if they will work well together, once they're all released.

• Options
    There's 4 Knights, right? I wonder if they will work well together, once they're all released.

I think there were more knights, given they debuted in the Swarm recreation.

Maybe Argenti's the only one left?

• Options
    Mirkel wrote: »

Yeah, that would be horrible...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I guess there are/were 8 named Knights.

4 each for 5-star and 4-star, perhaps?

• Options
    I highly doubt they're going to release all the Knights of Beauty as playable even over the long run.

Also Silver Wolf banner is next huh? So they skipped Jing Yuan, in which case I'm now positive Luocha will be up next.

• Options
    Oh dear. World 8 SU boss is going to be Yanqing.

Time for bullying

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'm less sad about a Jing Yuan rerun himself and more sad about not getting a rerun of his light cone.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    We will surely get his rerun sooner or later.

Question is, if after SW will we get Kafka already, or someone else.

• Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I'm less sad about a Jing Yuan rerun himself and more sad about not getting a rerun of his light cone.

I've been thinking about this for Qingque, but I can't help but think that there might be a better one for her in the future. I have no idea if that's actually the case or not, or how long it would take, but a lot of the power in Jing Yuan's LC is in the bonus to skill/ultimate and follow-up attack damage. Which QQ does benefit from (except the skill damage), but it's obviously not the focus of her kit. I have this feeling that if I rolled for Jing Yuan's LC particularly for QQ to use, that I will later regret my choice.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    why is double caverns a daily limit but the others are all just an event limit?

• Options
    why is double caverns a daily limit but the others are all just an event limit?

Because the evil shrinks they keep in the basement have calculated it's the best way to do it for player retention. Coincidently this answer works for most gacha-related "why?" questions.

• Options
    When they double the planar relics from the simulated universe, it really makes sense that they would avoid daily limits, because forcing people to do that every day is a bit much.

Would be nice if they did that for all of the other doubled rewards events, but alas. They will get away with whatever they can.