As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I don't have the two or three (four maybe?) characters you'd use those sets on, so I'm not sure I've even run that stage. But those are all top tiers, so I guess that makes sense for some.

Wuthering Snow is great on all the supports, really. Tingyun likes the bonus damage reduction and the ATK buff from other sets really don't help her much. And really everyone not doing damage likes DR.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I guess bump up the number of characters you'd use them on that I don't have, then.

Yukong's my only 'support' with any Eidolons, and she's just built different.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK8qfeSOUv4

This trailer, while it succeeds in making Huohuo look fun (and also features one of my very favorite characters, as a bonus), it gives me an overwhelming feeling of "I'm so done with the Luofu".

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Give me Penacony already. Enough of trying to cram every bit of Chinese folklore into the game.

It also kind of annoys me that the Luofu has spent so long setting up the Ten Judges as these ultra mysterious highly efficient entities who spirit people in the Xianzhou away before mara takes them and nope we've got cowardly little anime girl who constantly wants to run away but is secretly ultra powerful, an archetype that can only exist in a fictional organization.

I want to go back to the mysterious part of Star Rail, and Penacony is exactly that with the existence of the Family and Xipe the Harmony.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    It kind of reeks of thinly veiled appealing to their biggest market, so I'm hardly surprised Space China is getting so much content.

Anyway, I can tell that I officially hit the live service part of the game - all the new player stuff is expended and we're in-between events and the next "battle pass", so it's just trickle currency now. The current character event ends in a bit and my only 5-star from the Seele tickets was Clara so I guess I'm not getting Seele this time.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    It kind of reeks of thinly veiled appealing to their biggest market, so I'm hardly surprised Space China is getting so much content.

It's a little ridiculous to be surprised that a Chinese company has set long stretches of their last two big games in Space- and Fantasy- China, not that any of you haven't had the same thought. I think we're all on the same page there.

I just wish that what we were doing there felt less like treading water... and that the Jingliu / Blade stuff felt less like someone telling you, at length, about how cool this one D&D game was.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I feel like they could have a really interesting mix of cultures in the interstellar parts and then more uniform feelings when we end up planetbound, but the mix is less of an issue of concept and more of an issue that we've just been sitting at the loufu since launch.

Honestly I'm fine with handwaving away that we can bounce back to old places for the sake of adding more interesting gameplay to them, but they need more places to go that aren't a whole planet taking a year to develop. piggyback off the station or just have us encounter ships and colonies or whatever, things that fit the "we can only finish two story quests per patch" timeline in a more engaging way than "we have finally said our goodbyes but we still have at least two patches before we leave"

• Options
    I'm pretty sure the leaks show well be stuck with more characters from Space China wearing the exact same outfit for quite a while longer. With multiple trips back to the other two zones for events and characters.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    It's less about milking this specific Chinese demographical area, and more just spacing and dragging shit out to give them time to develop. The time spans between whole continental updates in Genshin is approximately a year, give or take a few months. And Star Rail isn't even that old. Meanwhile they're also doing monthly blocks of content in that year span.

That is 100% the intended game plan. Once Penacony comes out, it'll be another year of bouncing between it and Herta/Belabog/Luofu, and I guarantee you'll probably be equally as sick near the end of that as well. If you're absolutely and consistently hating this train ride, I promise you it isn't going to change. This is the ride, by intentional design.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I definitely agree that expecting them to jump to Penacony sooner is unreasonable. I was happy with the recent return to Belebog; I'm just really uninterested in the Luofu, and the trailers they've made for all of its characters (except maybe Blade). Thankfully I did still wind up liking most of those characters, but I said the same thing about Jingliu when her trailer dropped.

• Options
    Is the new gear farm stuck behind the story quest? I really hate feeling like I need to rush that in order to do other parts of the patch. I want to savor the experience dang it!

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Yuuup. I went in because I just wanted to do the Cavern and instead I had to go through the story quest. It's not that long at least, and honestly not very good.
    38 fucking years as a Judge and she's still the cowardly crying archetype. For fucks sake.

The Cavern is at least pretty simple. If you've got a team that can spam ults it's even easier, since each ult is powered up and advances ally turns when used so you can just keep pumping out that damage.

Madican on
  • Options
    Despite what I was just saying about being done with the Luofu, I actually thought the new quest was pretty entertaining. Sure, a lot of it flew over my head as usual, but I thought it was executed pretty well. Guess there's still event stuff to do; I only blew through the story so I could hit up the new relics.

• Options
  • Options
    SOULWLT4EB

Dunno what's in it but various Youtubers have a code to give out. You can only use one code with SOUL in it per account though, so even if you find other variations they won't work. I assume this means they're being tracked for each content maker.

• Options
    Guinaifen called me fam

How do I put a character back into a warp

• Options
    Are you really surprised a streamer is using lingo like that?

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Guinaifen called me fam

How do I put a character back into a warp

The standard way to send something back to the Warp is to pray to the Emperor and shoot them with your bolter.

• Options
    I'm seeing some differences in some Huohuo guides, which I think might stem from a change being made at the last second in her kit. I've seen multiple guides claim that the debuff cleanse from her talent only happens for the person who takes a turn or uses their ultimate, claiming that it doesn't cleanse other people in the party who are below 50% HP (in Sevy's video, she actually shows a clip of this happening and Gepard not getting cleansed), but I think this has been changed.

• Options
    Oh hey I threw a 10 in the warp and got huohuo and also Arlen who was the only 4* I’m still missing, or as I like to call him, 3 standard tickets.

I’m pretty sure these last three banners have flipped me from the unlucky side to the higher end of lucky on the stats.

• Options
    Think I'm gonna skip Huohuo after all. She's rated very highly, right up there with Luocha and Fu Xuan, but since I already have both of them her usefulness for me is drastically lower.

Gonna wait and see if they manage to pull Erudition out of the hole with Argenti.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Argenti is hot and looks kinda unique and also he is with the Knights of the Rose who are true heroes in SU so he's a must for me.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Is the non-special Star Rail Pass only used for that regular warp banner? Or should I save them for something?

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Is the non-special Star Rail Pass only used for that regular warp banner? Or should I save them for something?

You can go ahead and roll the silver tickets on the standard banner, they aren't used for anything else. Only reason I can think of to save them is to maybe hold off until more 4* characters are in the pool, for that really low chance to get Hanya or whoever, but it's really not worth thinking about.

• Options
    ...and that's how I ended up with Yukong.

• Options
    Dunno how viable it is, but a followup attack comp seems fun.

• Options
    If you managed to get Topaz then followup attack comps are very strong.

• Options
    There's currently two playstyles that rely on certain characters to be viable: followup attack (FA) and damage over time (DoT).

FA is great if you have Topaz, less so if you don't. If you have Clara she can still put in the work as a FA key but you'd need to remedy her weaknesses, namely her needing to be hit and drawing aggro.

DoT doesn't really work as it is without Kafka, due to her ability to instantly trigger DoTs of all types when she attacks and ults. You can still play it but having Kafka makes the team stronger by several orders of magnitude.

Note that all of this is largely just for hard content like Memory of Chaos 7+ and Swarm Disaster 4+. Even a jank team can handle the other 95% of the game so no need to worry overly much on viability.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Oh man. This is the first, and most likely will be the only time I ever not only beat all 10 MoC levels, but freakin' 3 starred the entire lot! And to relate it to the conversation, one of those teams at the end was a FU team of Clara/Lynx/Jing Yuan/Topaz. Jing is probably the weakest link there too, I don't even have his traces fully leveled. But it's still my favourite team and I can't wait to eventually get them kitted out with the new relic set.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I'm annoyed by the thought that I might wind up pulling on Silver Wolf's banner just to get Hanya. The state of 4 star availability in this game is very poor.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I'm annoyed by the thought that I might wind up pulling on Silver Wolf's banner just to get Hanya. The state of 4 star availability in this game is very poor.

Join me in the world of Argenti! We have ravishing hair!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Oh, I see.

Guinevere is also an idiot, but the overconfident kind.

I now completely believe she and Sushang are friends.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    There's currently two playstyles that rely on certain characters to be viable: followup attack (FA) and damage over time (DoT).

FA is great if you have Topaz, less so if you don't. If you have Clara she can still put in the work as a FA key but you'd need to remedy her weaknesses, namely her needing to be hit and drawing aggro.

DoT doesn't really work as it is without Kafka, due to her ability to instantly trigger DoTs of all types when she attacks and ults. You can still play it but having Kafka makes the team stronger by several orders of magnitude.

Note that all of this is largely just for hard content like Memory of Chaos 7+ and Swarm Disaster 4+. Even a jank team can handle the other 95% of the game so no need to worry overly much on viability.

I haven't looked back since i discovered the topaz WITH kafka team comp. it's a ton of fun. though i technically need to refarm for them now but the old gear is still good enough

• Options
    Oh neat, the patch also updated boss health bar UI so you can now see every debuff they have on them without having to go into their information closeup

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Join me in the world of Argenti! We have ravishing hair!

I have negative interest in his design or kit.

It would depend on how rigged they make the new not-MoC mode to try to prop up Erudition.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Reading the review of Huohuo

"If you already have a well-built Fu Xuan, Luocha, or even Gepard, it is unlikely that Huohuo will open up any new avenues for you."

...I use all 3. And none of the 4 stars have any draw for me, especially since my Dan is at E6. Time to hoard jades like a dragon for the next month I guess.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I didn’t realize this from the preview images till I saw hanya in game.

She is wearing a skintight bodysuit. That bodysuit has no support for her breasts. So in order to give her absurd cleavage they took a little button clasp and clasped her boobs together. She has a boobie clasp

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Someone was showing off MoC 12, and besides raising HP/damage they've apparently made it more difficult by simply having multiple enemies that spam a stun debuff every round.

Convenient that they just released a character that auto-cleanses the whole team. So happy I've pulled multiple copies of Bailu instead...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    While I haven't spoiled myself on MoC12 yet, it's true that the new enemies do stuns a lot, and were conveniently released alongside the best debuff-cleanser currently in the game. So far for my purposes, it seems that Luocha and Lynx are good enough at keeping up with them, and Fu Xuan at least helps avoid the worst of it, but I have no idea if that will hold up in a high difficulty environment (aka an environment where I can't instantly delete all the problematic enemies).

I was playing around with my alt account recently after that debate we had about the effectiveness of Jing Yuan and Clara (Clara feels better in situations where she's good, but there are way more situations where she's bad than any other DPS character I've used), and I'm looking to retire that account again now. And I think the biggest reason I don't want to bother with it is that it doesn't have any decent debuff-cleansers. I hear tales of a freebie Lynx in an upcoming patch, but until then, trying to get by with just Nat and March is painful. Geppy and Bailu do a great job until debuffs are involved, but then...

• Options
    While I haven't spoiled myself on MoC12 yet, it's true that the new enemies do stuns a lot, and were conveniently released alongside the best debuff-cleanser currently in the game. So far for my purposes, it seems that Luocha and Lynx are good enough at keeping up with them, and Fu Xuan at least helps avoid the worst of it, but I have no idea if that will hold up in a high difficulty environment (aka an environment where I can't instantly delete all the problematic enemies).

I was playing around with my alt account recently after that debate we had about the effectiveness of Jing Yuan and Clara (Clara feels better in situations where she's good, but there are way more situations where she's bad than any other DPS character I've used), and I'm looking to retire that account again now. And I think the biggest reason I don't want to bother with it is that it doesn't have any decent debuff-cleansers. I hear tales of a freebie Lynx in an upcoming patch, but until then, trying to get by with just Nat and March is painful. Geppy and Bailu do a great job until debuffs are involved, but then...

I doubt you did, but don't forget Bronya has a cleanse too.