As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    While I haven't spoiled myself on MoC12 yet, it's true that the new enemies do stuns a lot, and were conveniently released alongside the best debuff-cleanser currently in the game. So far for my purposes, it seems that Luocha and Lynx are good enough at keeping up with them, and Fu Xuan at least helps avoid the worst of it, but I have no idea if that will hold up in a high difficulty environment (aka an environment where I can't instantly delete all the problematic enemies).

I was playing around with my alt account recently after that debate we had about the effectiveness of Jing Yuan and Clara (Clara feels better in situations where she's good, but there are way more situations where she's bad than any other DPS character I've used), and I'm looking to retire that account again now. And I think the biggest reason I don't want to bother with it is that it doesn't have any decent debuff-cleansers. I hear tales of a freebie Lynx in an upcoming patch, but until then, trying to get by with just Nat and March is painful. Geppy and Bailu do a great job until debuffs are involved, but then...

I doubt you did, but don't forget Bronya has a cleanse too.

Definitely should have mentioned when I talked about what my real account is doing, but yeah. The alt just has Bailu/Geppy/Clara/Welt as its standard 5*s, with Jing Yuan/Silver Wolf/Topaz for limited ones. Some good characters and teams in there, but some critical weaknesses that are really annoying when they come up. Elation SU runs are hilarious though.

At the very least, having both Jing Yuan and Clara with their signature LCs, as well as Topaz, made for a pretty effective comparison. Do at least want to get a new relic set to Jing Yuan to see how much better he is with that, before I drop it.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I've only dipped a toe into ghost fights but I sense Bronya and Lynx are coming out for those. My first encounter with one of the stun mobs featured Bailu never getting a turn, which I took as a caution for the rest of the zone.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    While I haven't spoiled myself on MoC12 yet, it's true that the new enemies do stuns a lot, and were conveniently released alongside the best debuff-cleanser currently in the game. So far for my purposes, it seems that Luocha and Lynx are good enough at keeping up with them, and Fu Xuan at least helps avoid the worst of it, but I have no idea if that will hold up in a high difficulty environment (aka an environment where I can't instantly delete all the problematic enemies).

I was playing around with my alt account recently after that debate we had about the effectiveness of Jing Yuan and Clara (Clara feels better in situations where she's good, but there are way more situations where she's bad than any other DPS character I've used), and I'm looking to retire that account again now. And I think the biggest reason I don't want to bother with it is that it doesn't have any decent debuff-cleansers. I hear tales of a freebie Lynx in an upcoming patch, but until then, trying to get by with just Nat and March is painful. Geppy and Bailu do a great job until debuffs are involved, but then...

I doubt you did, but don't forget Bronya has a cleanse too.

And March!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Somehow the elite enemy who keeps stunning people is less annoying to me than the giant monkey who slaps everyone for over half their health and can't be stopped from doing so

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Somehow the elite enemy who keeps stunning people is less annoying to me than the giant monkey who slaps everyone for over half their health and can't be stopped from doing so

The apes are a real bummer... but also a strangely-good use case for Gepard, fwiw.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Not that I've ever actually tried it to verify, but I think the Preservation MC's taunt is supposed to overwrite and work even on hard target skills. Then again by using their skill the ape will target them anyways so... hope they go first I guess!

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I've found March trivializes the apes as long as you plan out her shields so the ape slaps whoever you've shielded by the time its turn comes around. Arumatons are universally fucking annoying though, and I had one sidequest fight the other day where you fight two of them at the same time and I swear that was the most obnoxious fight I've had to deal with in the game outside of Swarm Disaster/SU Svarog.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    It 100% does just that.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I've found March trivializes the apes as long as you plan out her shields so the ape slaps whoever you've shielded by the time its turn comes around. Arumatons are universally fucking annoying though, and I had one sidequest fight the other day where you fight two of them at the same time and I swear that was the most obnoxious fight I've had to deal with in the game outside of Swarm Disaster/SU Svarog.

Most annoying fight I've had bar none was in the last MoC when two of those enemies who automatically Imprison a party member on entering the battle, and can do it again at any point in addition to their "hit me nine times or suffer" move, showed up at the same time and suddenly half my team is CC'd for most of the fight

• Options
    *insert kicking Jojo meme here*

YGegZzkl.png

• Options
    Woo, Huohuo get. Now begins the laborious process of getting her caught up. I do wish EXP items were less onerous to farm.

Not that I'll ever see them in my lifetime, but her eidolon benefits look absolutely bonkers.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    At least you are getting materials from the event. It took me 15 days to get Welt built to lvl 80 and 5/8/8/8 and somehow that felt like a month. And I didn't even have to level a LC since he just stole his signature LC from Luka.

Though comparing to some other gacha games I've tried 15 days is really just peanuts.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Huh, so the reward LC from this event is apparently not all that great for anyone, really. Unless someone else has it ranked higher than the Abundance LCs I currently own.

Bummer.

• Options
    In theory, the event LC is a fine option for Huohuo. It boosts her healing output pretty considerably. The issue, though, is that Huohuo's healing output is kinda great to begin with, so she doesn't need it. That's why people recommend that she use something that helps her generate energy instead, like Post-Op, even though its outgoing healing boost does not apply to Huohuo.

I think casual players would be more than happy to use the event LC on her, but I can't really see any other characters getting use out of it over other 4* options. I agree that it's a bummer, because I kinda love the art.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Yeah, I guess I'm mostly comparing it to the Silver Wolf situation, where the event LC is the best option for her.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Eyeballing it, the cone looks best for Lynx, but not great for her either.

Got to try Topaz / Himeko in SU finally. Flat-out ran the Deer over - huge improvement over Yanqing / Himeko. Still in placeholder gear on Topaz (right-ish mains, wrong secondaries) and my old Fire set on Himeko, too.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    I'm sure that LC ended up costing them a bunch of sales because people just went with that instead of trying to get her 5* LC. So they overcorrected and this event LC was fairly crappy to make sure that's not going to happen again.

• Options
    It's going to be real awkward when people roll for Silver Wolf on her rerun, but don't have that nice free LC option for her this time.

Unless they decide to rerun the event or give another opportunity to get the LC. Which I really doubt, but hell, it would be awesome if I could get a second copy of it to give to Pela.

• Options
    It's going to be real awkward when people roll for Silver Wolf on her rerun, but don't have that nice free LC option for her this time.

Unless they decide to rerun the event or give another opportunity to get the LC. Which I really doubt, but hell, it would be awesome if I could get a second copy of it to give to Pela.

Two words: Cinnabar Spindle.

• Options
    I can see them potentially bringing back the Silver Wolf event LC because HSR has been pretty good about introducing QoL that Genshin doesn't have. I don't think we'd get a second copy though, more likely the event would join the other past events you can do in its special section like Belobog fight club

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONdNgDXUK4U

I know I'm one of the biggest Qingque-defenders around, but even I am kinda shocked at how ridiculously well this went. This was my first time taking the Qingque team to SU World 8; I took Kafka when running through all of the difficulties of it last week. I was hesitant to try her here, because I know she normally (outside of SU) doesn't do particularly well against Yanqing.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONdNgDXUK4U

I know I'm one of the biggest Qingque-defenders around, but even I am kinda shocked at how ridiculously well this went. This was my first time taking the Qingque team to SU World 8; I took Kafka when running through all of the difficulties of it last week. I was hesitant to try her here, because I know she normally (outside of SU) doesn't do particularly well against Yanqing.

fwiw, Blade / Fu / Serval has worked well enough on Destruction for me on that fight.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

Two words: Cinnabar Spindle.

Oh great, now I'm angry again

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I've been away from Genshin for so long I don't even remember what that was.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I've been away from Genshin for so long I don't even remember what that was.

That was the "roll on Albedo, damn you!" sword from his 1st re-run.

• Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    Wow the game sure loves to screw me. Another run all the way up to hard pity only to lose the 50/50 again.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I got the spooky fox girl, and it got me wondering how a team of all fox girls plus one good dps would fare. They're all buffers so Seele or someone could do alright.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    I weighed the options and decided not to hold tickets for Argenti. If I get him I get him but the way his moveset looks is going to require specific building that I'm not sure I want to invest in. He basically does nothing until he has his ult, and then he does something. So it's going to be about forming an energy generation party around him, as far as I can figure.

So I instead continued to dump warp tickets, and I somehow managed to get an eidolon for Huohuo. So now Huohuo is at E1 and I think I pretty much used up my luck for the remainder of the year.

I also decided to level up Pela, I kept hearing she's good and I had her at E2 by this point so I figured may as well. Man, it costs a lot of credits to get a character caught up, that's the first time I've been broke since I started the game. I'll have to reel in the spending for a few days but she's all caught up now.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I just started playing this this week, and between twitch prime and some other feebie codes (and the rock candy they give you from the main quest/standard activities) I managed to get the spooky fox girl, which is nice.

• Options
    LD50 wrote: »
    I just started playing this this week, and between twitch prime and some other feebie codes (and the rock candy they give you from the main quest/standard activities) I managed to get the spooky fox girl, which is nice.

Having a good healer is a great start for a new account for sure. I don't have her but my Luocha makes fights a lot easier than whatever the other side of Abyss gets (Lynx mostly these days).

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    The other healers are fine, but spooky fox girl and luocha throw out extra benefits. Luocha is probably still better on account of removing enemy buffs and just cruise control healing, but I haven't messed with huo as much.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    Luocha is more convenient since he can do his job without using skill points (usually), plus his buff cleansing ability. But Huohuo's supporting abilities (particularly the energy gain) make her extremely valuable and probably more powerful overall. That said, in my opinion it's pretty much moot. The two of them and Fu Xuan are all extremely good, and having any one of them is a big deal.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I have to learn how to play her. I've been running very skillpoint negative the few times i've slotted her in but she really wants to skill every other turn to keep the passive healing up or I feel like i end up in scary situations. I have gotten too spoiled by loucha being so hands off.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Luocha is more convenient since he can do his job without using skill points (usually), plus his buff cleansing ability. But Huohuo's supporting abilities (particularly the energy gain) make her extremely valuable and probably more powerful overall. That said, in my opinion it's pretty much moot. The two of them and Fu Xuan are all extremely good, and having any one of them is a big deal.

Yeah, I read that she's great but not mandatory because there are other really good healers, but I don't have the other healers so I thought it made sense. She's made me unkillable so far.

• Options
    I have to learn how to play her. I've been running very skillpoint negative the few times i've slotted her in but she really wants to skill every other turn to keep the passive healing up or I feel like i end up in scary situations. I have gotten too spoiled by loucha being so hands off.

Yeah, she should be alternating between skills and basic attacks in order to keep her healing going without being sp negative. That said, ideally you can do two basics between every skill and be skill point positive, while still having frequent enough ultimates. But of course, you can only do that when you're not taking heavy damage. And if you're in a really bad way, go ahead and use back to back skills. You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

• Options
    The game basically wants you to have at least two keep-team-upright characters of different elements. Huohuo is more than good enough to cover that job.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-zW-Vyl58A

Blade and Tingyun, or other characters that only rarely use skill points, seems to be the key. Adding Jingliu just makes it silly.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-zW-Vyl58A

Blade and Tingyun, or other characters that only rarely use skill points, seems to be the key. Adding Jingliu just makes it silly.

Sampo, Serval (with speed boots), and Sushang are notable SP-conservative characters (Sushang at E1 on Broken enemies) anyone might have, and Gepard's pretty good as a battery when you don't need freezes.

Topaz can also run as more or less SP positive if you want her to, but it'll be a bit before she's back.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    "Skill point positive characters"

Arlan: my time has come!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I will be honest, I mostly just do my dailies (for some reason the daily check in site screws me?). I should get back in this, even if I haven't got any new characters in awhile