As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Managed to soft-lock the PC client by having my QQ afflicted by the berserker debuff from the deer boss, then she killed deer's phase 1 and after the phase change it was her turn still and she was just standing there menancingly with her red angry aura. Had to alt-F4 and try again.

In other news my standard banner counter is at 293/300, which means once I hit BP30 next week and then the shop resets on Friday I can finally get my Bronya. Got almost everything ready for her already, bought her signature LC from the shop and leveled it up, farmed relics and xp and trace mats. Now I'm almost sure that when the time comes I somehow managed to fat-finger the selection and get Himeko E1 instead or something.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Unless I get lucky, when I hit 300 rolls on the standard banner, I think I'm going to wait to do another 10-15 rolls to hit pity. It would be pretty annoying to select a character and them immediately roll them, so I'd like to avoid that.

Anyone picking Bronya, though, I don't think should wait. Hitting a second copy of her would be kinda awesome anyway.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If I luck out and get Bronya before 300, it's gonna be real hard to decide between E1 Bronya vs Welt or Himeko

• Options
    I'm currently choosing between Clara, Welt, and E1 Bronya. There's no doubt in my mind that Bronya's eidolon would be the most helpful thing for me, given the frequency that she is used, but I think I'm still leaning toward picking up Clara anyway. She would open up more doors for party building, and getting a new character is almost always more exciting than boosting an existing one. That said, if I were to roll Clara before doing the selection, I'd definitely pick Bronya over Welt, even though I like him a lot. And I don't even have IL Dan to outclass him as a DPS.

• Options
    Originally I wanted Welt, but I think between Topaz and the FUA set I kind of want Himeko

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    My eventual 300 pick will be between Gepard and Bronya's E1, unless Gepard shows up between then and now.

• Options
    I don't have him but to me Gepard seems a bit awkward to slot into teams - as a solo sustain he can't do anything before his ult is up and as another sustain in a team it just seems too much defense for one team. I guess he has his niche in SU teams when you go all in on shields.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    I don't have him but to me Gepard seems a bit awkward to slot into teams - as a solo sustain he can't do anything before his ult is up and as another sustain in a team it just seems too much defense for one team. I guess he has his niche in SU teams when you go all in on shields.

It tends to work out, depending on what you're fighting. But if you're counting on him being the sole sustain with no heal backup, then you have to build him for speed and be using his skill for the energy. While also hoping you get the occasional freeze here and there. With an energy regen rope, he needs 2 skills and 1 basic to get full energy, and that's not even counting him getting hit which he should be thanks to his aggro trace.

All that said, yeah if you're getting AoE punched for 90% of the shield, he can't really do much alone.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Gepard's solo sustain has some asterisks for sure, but he is capable of doing it. And of course, add him to a healer and you're just invincible. Also pretty obviously the best way to clear Preservation path runs of Simulated Universe/Swarm Disaster.

There was a time when I said I would definitely pick him if I didn't already have him by 300 rolls, but with both Fu Xuan and Luocha, he doesn't feel necessary. Given I'm not particularly interested in using Yanqing or Arlan, who both basically require him.

• Options
    Gep has been shown time and again to be perfectly good solo sustain on MoC10, often better than Bailu

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i got destroyed by the bug in moc 10 just now... I was not aware that it has some kind of super attack in p2 i am assuming because the other bugs were still alive.

• Options
    i got destroyed by the bug in moc 10 just now... I was not aware that it has some kind of super attack in p2 i am assuming because the other bugs were still alive.

Yeah, it always spends a turn indicating that they're about to do that big attack. They will do the attack regardless (unless you break them or something) but you can dramatically reduce how much damage it does to your party by killing the bugs.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Finally hit trail 60, so now begins the laborious road to 80. It looks like I can roughly ascend a character once a day based on the material requirements, so maybe a week and a half for the characters I mainly use? Not counting EXP requirements which will be obnoxious.

At least I did have enough exp items to get Topaz to

c3zhy8ghe6pq.png

lmao fuck you game

• Options
    Leveling characters after their final ascension is definitely important in this game, but I still wouldn't say you need to rush everyone to 80. I basically only take my main DPS characters to 80, and pretty much everyone else is in the 71-75 range. Leveling them isn't a bad idea, mind. It just doesn't have to be the highest priority.

I suppose it's noteworthy that there are stat traces that unlock at level 75 and 80, so hitting those levels could be important depending on what a character needs.

• Options
    Also if you somehow have infinite time and patience at your disposal you can run around killing stuff for some xp. It's fairly low but noticeably more than in Genshin. Sadly it's only the wandering monsters, you get nothing in SU or in calyxes etc.

Anyways, besides xp materials you might run out of cash. Ascensions and the higher trace levels cost a fair amount.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Oh wow, they just straight up said beat MoC four turns faster this time, huh?

Flashback to the beginning of this month when I said their updates would wind up with me earning less jade per reset, and everyone saying I was crazy.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The whole of MoC is 600 jade. That's just 3 and 1/4 pulls if you don't touch it at all. But anybody and everybody should be able to faceroll the first 5 fights at the very least. Even if you don't touch the other half, that's 300 jade. 1.875 pulls. And that's assuming you just don't try at all, in which case you'll probably at least get 2 or 3 out of the remaining 5 caches.

A ridiculous wealth of jade you are being denied, this is not.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    It's still less.

They also stopped doing the web events and now want you to download a second app for a chance at free jades. Even the last web event was only a random chance instead of just giving them out.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Oh wow, they just straight up said beat MoC four turns faster this time, huh?

Flashback to the beginning of this month when I said their updates would wind up with me earning less jade per reset, and everyone saying I was crazy.

The update that will add more floors will not earn you less jade per reset. I certainly wasn't talking about the possibility of them just making everything harder. You're certainly right, increasing the difficulty like this will clearly result in some people getting less.

That aside, I'm really quite baffled as to why they decided to make the MoC noticeably harder right now. While I always thought it was a bit too easy, it's obvious that suddenly making a change like this is going to piss people off. I thought their plan of adding more floors and letting us skip the early ones was a much smarter way to increase difficulty.

• Options
    oa81ntvrxir2.png

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Quick poll, who else tried to click the button?

• Options
    Quick poll, who else tried to click the button?

Well now I did.

• Options
    Guinaifen and Qingque both have special dialogue when added to a party with Huohuo in it, and Guinaifen and Shushang react to eachother. Neat. Oddly Huohuo has dialogue when added to a party with Guinaifen in it, but not Qingque or Shushang.

I am still occasionally coming across little events by accident. I recently found the ones for Beatrice and Cyrille, both suitably depressing as this game loves to be.

• Options
    Got my Bronya and now I'm out of Silvermane Badges. Didn't realize that's even possible, I have like 1500 of the other types. Didn't manage to run out of cash though, this being at max level and getting cash instead of xp is pretty cool.

I'm not usually too fussy about UI things but something that I noticed was when I was claiming her from the 300 standard pulls selector, when you click Claim it asks you a confirmation but it doesn't show you who you are claiming at that point. The confirmation window is on top of the selector window and blocks your view. That's just poor design for something so important. Somehow I managed to not mess it up though.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I hit pity on regular banner again at 270 pulls.

I got The Battle Isn't Over Yet for a second time.

On the one hand, good.

On the other hand, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    This is a very small complaint but they should keep that 300 pull selector around for every 300 pulls. Really avoid the possibility of never getting a specific 5*.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    This is a very small complaint but they should keep that 300 pull selector around for every 300 pulls. Really avoid the possibility of never getting a specific 5*.

I'm just glad we get one at all. I got 6 Qiqis and no Jeans or Monas back in Genshin. Hitting another 300 would take a normal player almost 2 years or so in any case if you get roughly 3 per week (5 per month from shop, 1 per week from SU, maybe 4 per patch from ascensions and then 5 per patch from BP).

!remindme in two years when I still have no Gepard and would want one.

• Options
  • Options
    To say I whiffed when hitting pity shortly after 300 rolls on the standard banner is an incredible understatement.

But, more importantly, it frees me to go ahead with the selection (Clara Get), and also to buy something from the starlight exchange (Bronya's LC Get). So that's pretty awesome.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Oh no he's annoying

Alternatively, "When did Olivier from Trails in the Sky dye his hair."

• Options
    Olivier was entertaining though.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

Until he starts chewing the scenery a little too much with his "hunter of love and beauty" clownery

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Until he starts chewing the scenery a little too much with his "hunter of love and beauty" clownery

He tends to go back and forth between being too much or not I feel. Haven't played Sky in a while, but the monologues are dialed back a bit in later games I think.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

He tends to go back and forth between being too much or not I feel. Haven't played Sky in a while, but the monologues are dialed back a bit in later games I think.

He does, mostly because he's the "put on an act to keep everyone off guard and guessing" character and by its nature the more people start to figure that out the less of an act the character puts on.

I'm currently about midway through Trails in the Sky 2 so he's just really fresh in the mind for a comparison

Madican on
  • Options
    I'm expecting to like Argenti. I like fun characters (in terms of personality), and he seems really fun. Still not planning to roll up to pity for him, but if he happens to show up while I'm looking for Hanya, I'll be pretty happy.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'm expecting to like Argenti. I like fun characters (in terms of personality), and he seems really fun. Still not planning to roll up to pity for him, but if he happens to show up while I'm looking for Hanya, I'll be pretty happy.

Yeah, I think we've reached the point where his characterization redeems the weird gameplay and I won't feel bad if I hit him, so I'll run up towards pity on this banner then await Doctor Ratio if I can stand to.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I just hit e1 himeko and then got my 300 pull bronya so now it's on... as soon as i get a hundred level up books

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I was just looking at the characters...and I think I figured out why I haven't been trying for Imaginary characters.

They're all dudes. :p Need some Imaginary waifus! :p

• Options
    I started too late to get the good* ones so it's just Welt and Yukong left. I'm not going to use my 300 on Welt, but I do love his attack animations.

• Options
    I was just looking at the characters...and I think I figured out why I haven't been trying for Imaginary characters.

They're all dudes. :p Need some Imaginary waifus! :p

Yukong is right there, my dude.