As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    (Sitting at 20 pity, no guarantee)

Let's see if we can't bring Hanya home.

First 10 warps...A Secret Vow
    Next 10 warps...Lynx E3
    Next 10 warps...Lynx E4
    Next 10 warps...Post-Op Conversation
    Next 10 warps...Lynx E5...and ARGENTI. Damnit.

Now at 0 warps, 0 pity, and still no guarantee. My 4-star luck is horrible.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Had 75 warps saved up, went for it.

Already had Lynx, now she's E2.
    Hanya.. Hanya..
    Argenti!!
    Hanya..
    Random E6 QQ!!
    And Argenti again!
    And Hanya!

I'm spent, but worth!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I say this with the utmost respect. Fuck You.

:p

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Did one pull and got a Lynx E2 and Hanya, so I'm done until Ruan Mei hits.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    well i got my asta to e4 so that's something.

• Options
    well i got my asta to e4 so that's something.

Everyone talks up Tingyun but Asta is a secret 5* as far as I'm concerned. Big attack and speed buffs together are pretty awesome, and I've had a ball pairing her up with Welt and lapping enemies.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I immediately pulled my second Silver Wolf, and then my 40+ pulls after that got multiple duplicates of the horrible Moles LC I will never use and zero copies of Hanya, the only thing I actually wanted. Somehow they managed to disappoint me in new and interesting ways.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    40 rolls have me one Hanya and 3 Astas, who is already E6 since a long time ago. Later I decided to try one more multiroll, because I thought I should be safe from hitting pity.

Surprise motherfucker, my first Himeko arrived. While I still have some passes left, I guess I need to forget about Blade rerun, as I would need to roll for both him and his Light Cone to be useful, and I already own DHIL and Jingliu both.

On the other hand, I guess now I have a quaranteed Ruan Mei?

• Options
    I got Argenti Relic'd up. He wound up at 134 Speed. FML.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

I am failing to see what the issue is, here. Unless you wanted to pair him with a slower Bronya? Even then, might be possible to make it work.

• Options

I am failing to see what the issue is, here. Unless you wanted to pair him with a slower Bronya? Even then, might be possible to make it work.

Glamoth's first cut-off is 135 speed.

• Options

Glamoth's first cut-off is 135 speed.

Ah, true. While I'm seeing some clashing information about what's actually best for him, it's at least one of his best, and I suppose you already have that prepared for him.

• Options
    I ran into that swapping Kafka to the new relic set. These first pieces I got have like no extra speed so she’s down to 127. Just means I have to keep using space sealing station on her until I get some substats

• Options
    It's worth noting too that if you're pairing him with Hanya, her ult grants enough to take him over 160 speed regardless, and it shouldn't have any downtime beyond the first turn if used right (barring situations where she gets CC'd or something). And if you're not using him with Hanya, I'm a bit skeptical if Glamoth is better than Inert Salsotto.

...that said, I admit it would be nice if he had at least 135 at base, for the sake of consistency.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    One 10 pull, and it's both Hanya, and a surprise Welt which I'll absolutely take. Now the dilemma. I'm sitting on a whopping 237 pulls,. I don't know if I want Argenti or not. I can take or leave the Tuxedo Mask personality, but I am a sucker for medieval knight imagery. Playing him in the arena though, he's nice but also just a bit boring.

I think I might just wait for Ruan Mei, and even go for her light cone. If I'm understanding her kit right, she's just a super fucking jacked Tingyun. Her skill is +40% damage for everybody for 3 turns. +36% after a trace, for a total of 76%. Ultimate is +30% all-type res penetration, which I assume is just a fancy word for "do more damage". And her light cone is just another 24% damage, free skill point, and I assume the 10 energy on each wave effect also at least works at the start of battle. ...I'm sure her enhanced breaking gimmick might be neat too. But in the meantime, everybody just gets double damage for 3 damn turns.

I just hope Xueyi is on her banner. Though Dr. Ratio looks interesting. I wonder if he plays nice with Topaz what with all his funny follow up attacks.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I thought they already confirmed that Xueyi was on Ruan Mei's banner.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Hanya's first text message to me was her trying to send a novel via text and then proceeding to copy paste the entire thing when the attachment refused to send.

Someone needs to get this woman in contact with Pela

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    Starting to get real depressed about my ability to keep up with the release pace of the game after this. I'm used to missing some characters, but possibly pulling zero new ones for two patches is a real mood annihilator. And I'm still stuck with low Eidolons on all the 4 star characters I have and want to use.

If the two new modes are the bloodbath I think they're going to be, that might be it for me. I'm going to try to at least hold out to get my free 5 star, which could help, but that's again looking like two months of just buying store tickets and pulling nothing, not clearing new modes, seeing no new story, etc.

That's not even getting into my poor Light Cone selection, which isn't likely to ever improve, since I have to save it all for the character banner. And then still not pull the characters...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Oh jesus christ, I don't know what part of my soul I lost for this luck. Pulling for Silver Wolf E2 so I can turn her into a damage dealer since she's a mainstay on my teams. Rollin' all my stored up tickets since I had no interest in ghost-girl. Got Silver Wolf E1 last night! Awesome! Maybe I might win the 50/50 by the end of the period for her. Do my dailies and get enough to roll. Photoshopped since the roll results on profile are slow to update.

5kahxtoeetxu.png

Guess I better start farming her some DPS gear

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Raiden Showgun Acheron, Galaxy Ranger looks pretty sweet! Very excited to finally reach Penacony. Also, yay for Mobile Game of the Year so everyone gets to look forward to 1600 jade soon!

• Options
    I'm a little confused why they didn't use the voice of Raiden Shogun for Acheron in English, when they did for every other language. But I'm also a fan of Allegra Clark, so I suppose I will need to save up, whenever she is coming. I feel like it's gonna be awhile.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Just FYI they will be sending out 1600 Stellar Jade to everyone tomorrow in celebration of winning best mobile game at TGA.

• Options
    Yay, so do I take another swing at Hanya, or just start building the warchest again?

Since I got lucky and snagged Argenti, it seems like I might now want her for gameplay purposes.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited December 2023
    Yay, so do I take another swing at Hanya, or just start building the warchest again?

Since I got lucky and snagged Argenti, it seems like I might now want her for gameplay purposes.

Honestly, the way I handle that depends on whether I have the "get the banner toon" pity locked in or not. If you don't, roll on whatever might help.

You can pick your own comfort-level on how deep you're willing to go towards the number-of-wishes pity, but to my way of thinking if you aren't certain what the 5* will be all wishes that might land a 4* you want are equal.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Auralynx wrote: »

Honestly, the way I handle that depends on whether I have the "get the banner toon" pity locked in or not. If you don't, roll on whatever might help.

You can pick your own comfort-level on how deep you're willing to go towards the number-of-wishes pity, but to my way of thinking if you aren't certain what the 5* will be all wishes that might land a 4* you want are equal.

Shit, with that attitude, I am never certain of my 5-star. I have been ON the guarantee for like, a total of 3 wishes warps.
    My limited warps:
    Seele, Jing Yuan, Silver Wolf, Kafka, Bailu and then Fu Xuan in the same 10, Jingliu, Topaz&Numby, Argenti

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Shit, with that attitude, I am never certain of my 5-star. I have been ON the guarantee for like, a total of 3 wishes.
    My limited warps:
    Seele, Jing Yuan, Silver Wolf, Kafka, Bailu and then Fu Xuan in the same 10, Jingliu, Topaz&Numby, Argenti

It works for me, anyway.

I had so many C6 4*s in Genshin... and the trend continues here, as a result.

Now if I could just get a non-guaranteed thing unrelated to Bailu again, that'd be neat.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    i plugged my numbers back into a warp tracking thing and discovered some fun numbers.

on the standard banner i am in the bottom 4% of players (who have imported data into that tracker of course)
    behold what the bottom 4% of standard banner looks like
    jymym4ivh7nv.png

on the other hand on character banners, my 4 star luck is bottom 17%, but my 5 star luck is absurd top 10.8% and top 3.2% on rate up character.

anyway i hate gachas because they convince me that looking into stuff like that was worth 10 minutes of my time

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    i plugged my numbers back into a warp tracking thing and discovered some fun numbers.

on the standard banner i am in the bottom 4% of players (who have imported data into that tracker of course)
    behold what the bottom 4% of standard banner looks like
    jymym4ivh7nv.png

on the other hand on character banners, my 4 star luck is bottom 17%, but my 5 star luck is absurd top 10.8% and top 3.2% on rate up character.

anyway i hate gachas because they convince me that looking into stuff like that was worth 10 minutes of my time

spoilered for blatant, shameless bragging about luck
    xdnmjj8dls35.png

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Ok so that 10 draw from the 1600 they sent out was enough to get me Silver Wolf and Lynx, so I'm happy with that. Guess I'll be moving on to Argenti after all just to get him, then the LCs as the Eidolons for both of these characters seem kind of lame.

• Options
    The free 10-warp gave me...another Only Silence Remains. Since it was 1/10, I knew I was at 4-star pity, so 1 more warp got me...Lynx to E6. Still looking for that Hanya.

According to the Warp Tracker, my Event Warps are indeed a land of contrasts:
    Total Warps: Top 17.9%
    Rate UP Luck: Top 1.9%
    5-star Luck: Top 42.1%
    4-star Luck: Bottom 15.09%

• Options
    Bonus unanticipated side effect of E2 Silver Wolf DPS build

I was finally able to swap her mission bonus lightcone (Tutorial) for Pela's Pearls of Sweat LC, boosting both chars' outputs.

• Options
    Apparently the Geniuses Repose LC is decent for Argenti so I've got my S5 copy slapped on him now. I wanted to do Another Peaceful Day since that seems to be his second best, but mine is only S1 since it's a BP cone.

Gear is going to be the issue, I haven't done much farming of that cavern so while I have nearly the max of 1500 relics (really need to do a cleaning) very few are the Physical set so a-grinding I shall go

• Options
    My easy way to clear some gear:
    Salvage all boots that don't have Speed.
    Salvage all blues.
    Salvage all purple spheres and ropes.

• Options
    My easy way to clear some gear:
    Salvage all boots that don't have Speed.
    Salvage all blues.
    Salvage all purple spheres and ropes.

Maybe keep purple ropes with ER.

• Options
    No these are all 5 stars, I already got rid of all my blues and purples. I just hold on to a bunch of gear because I don't like going through and evaluating the niche pieces, since I don't want to throw out something I might actually use.

Right now I've mostly just jettisoned all my Meteor Thief pieces since I've never used any of them. Next I'll go through Musketeer pieces and toss out the stuff that isn't useful for Supports since at this point damage dealers have their own sets and Musketeer piles up anyway so no big deal keeping something niche.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Spent a week farming the latest relic hellhole and I haven't gotten a single usable chest/feet piece for either set. No crit chest for the FUA set, no EHR chest for the dot set, no speed boots whatsoever. So I salvaged a ton of junk and crafted 7 boots. No speed boots.

*sigh*

Sometimes the relic grind just gets to you, man. Getting 0.2 relic's worth of crafting junk from the daily event thing just feels like it's rubbing salt into the wounds.

• Options
    I have started leveling up a second meshing cogs. That gaining energy is too good for all these harmony characters

• Options
    I wish there was one that was as good as Cogs but for Nihility because all my 4* LCs are in use. Too many good Nihilists!

• Options
    edited December 2023
    MoC 10 done for this cycle. First half I obliterated while trying out my newly leveled E0 Hanya. Second half I ended up just barely finishing in time with 21/20 cycles using Seele/Bronya/Bailu/Fu Xuan. Wish I had Jingliu for that side but alas.

Saldonas on
  • Options
    i had to swap to a loucha + gepard setup for the top level of these ghost challenge towers. the elite just one shot loucha. It's kinda cool to have some higher tier fights in these events. It also feels smart that they put them "after" the tiers with jade rewards to kind of get ahead of complaints about people that want to just be given rewards.