Options

[Honkai: Star Rail] When the sun sets we will not forget the Black Swan over paradise

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited February 28
    Looking at Aventurine's leak values, it seems very obvious that 4 Purity / 2 Keel is your default support build for him unless you want a different Planar set.

2 Purity / 2 Ashblazing / Salsotto looks maybe good enough to be fun, if your substats play along, but he's not replacing Clara unless the Blind Bet scaling by level is really aggressive.

E: gotta assume you want a crit damage shirt if you're really determined to The World guys, but I think the followup ceiling is probably 20k-ish without whacked-out substats.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Just to compare the "morality" of said Genshin characters I've mentioned, and at least as far as I got before eventually stopping:
    Both Childe and Scaramouch are named number generals in the main "evil army" called the Fatui. Childe eventually kind of relaxes into an attitude of "I'm only following orders/I actually kind of like you". He also has a little brother who doesn't know what he does, in fact Childe tells him he's a toymaker. So they like to trot him out as a morality pet when they want to soften Childe.

Scaramouch is much more "evil and loving it". At one point he grabs power and tries taking over the world, or something like that. He's also a kind of humanoid robot/puppet kind of thing, and when you fight him you smack him so damn hard he needs a reboot. He then changes his name to Wanderer and is let off on his merry way. He's still very much a turbo prick in terms of his personality, but he's not trying to take over the world.

Raiden Shogun is the one I kind of have a love/hate relationship with. First off I'll preface by saying I love her character and where they go with it. She's an Archon, who are basically the God's of this world. You've met two others so far, and both of them are the absolute nicest and chillest characters so far. Raiden Shogun however is a totalitarian despot currently ruling her land with an iron fist. Your first face to face meeting with her has her trying to kill the main character! As it turns out, the Shogun you first meet is actually a puppet/robot (same as Scara) created by the real Shogun, who is very depressed so she created the robot to rule and lives and mopes inside it. Once you take care of everything, the real Shogun is as sweet as can be, and the robot was suffering from a logic error and is reprogrammed to good.

So for me, while I love Raiden Shogun, it's also a bummer that they initially set her up as a terrible god. As I said, the first two you meet are nice. But what if they're not all nice?! Then the second her character banner hits, they do a 180 and make her good, because you can't really have a truly evil character as a party member. And then they sort of do the same thing again with Scaramouch/Wanderer, but I also kind of like how they handle it as well. He still very much has the same character personality, but again they "soften" him to sort of justify why he would possibly interact with the main character.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Regarding Childe it's honestly wild to see how people have forgotten your initial introduction to him is him trying to wipe out an entire nation by releasing one of their sealed ancient gods.

Kind of a contrast to his goofy looking "Eto bleh?" personality that gets focused on afterwards.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I don't play Genshin but my boyfriend does and I watch him playing all the time. My prediction is that the Fatui are actually the good guys.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Regarding Childe it's honestly wild to see how people have forgotten your initial introduction to him is him trying to wipe out an entire nation by releasing one of their sealed ancient gods.

Kind of a contrast to his goofy looking "Eto bleh?" personality that gets focused on afterwards.

His goal unleashing the sealed ancient god was to get Morax to reveal himself. Still a shit thing to do!
    LD50 wrote: »
    I don't play Genshin but my boyfriend does and I watch him playing all the time. My prediction is that the Fatui are actually the good guys.

Not good guys, but definitely doing evil shit to ultimately stop Celestia from fucking with the lives of mortals. Because the residents of Celestia are absolutely the big bads so far, the former residents of Khaenri'ah can attest to that.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 28
    Shadowfire wrote: »

His goal unleashing the sealed ancient god was to get Morax to reveal himself. Still a shit thing to do!
    LD50 wrote: »

Not good guys, but definitely doing evil shit to ultimately stop Celestia from fucking with the lives of mortals. Because the residents of Celestia are absolutely the big bads so far, the former residents of Khaenri'ah can attest to that.

Well, it's implied that Khaenriah might have been risking the entire world's existence a bit too. But there's plenty of other awful stuff too. The ethics of the Fatui vary a lot though - some of them are absolutely monsters. There's a lot more characters who are genuinely good people running around in general though I feel. HSR is darker for sure.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 29
    https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/gift?code=SB87P52BTVQ3

I expect more codes for 2.1 to be appearing soon.

Also I think I've cleared out everything up to 2.0 as far as I can tell. All the chests/cans/trotters, all the puzzles, turned in all the weird blocks to the one clock, found all the birds. I'm not sure there's a way to gain more of the coins for gambling, though, besides the once per week purchase. So I can't do anything besides spend them all on the gachapon machine and then wait to try again.

I also found a weird evil tape that caused Acheron's red text to pop up. And one object I could interact with for two unique prompts, but no followup dialogue or achievement. Maybe I need to visit over multiple days, that's been a thing before.

Gepard is 80 and goes back on the shelf forever I guess, so now it's time to grind traces and level Bronya from 70-80 as well. I guess Acheron will be the next project...I'd pull for Sparkle, but I don't think I can get both her and Acheron. Unless they drop a ton of anniversary rewards before her banner ends. If I wind up with free stamina and no Sparkle...uh...build Hanya maybe?

Edit: Apparently leaks show next Pure Fiction being way, way harder. Less mobs, more elites, everything has higher HP, everything gives less points, etc. So, that's going to fucking suck.
    Don't worry, one side is still all ice weakness with a buff to energy recharge, so you can brute force it with Jingliu like everything else.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Build videos for Sparkle are all releasing at once now. She's looking like one of those characters who you're either gonna build once and she's never leaving the team or you're gonna build her three times (or more), curse the lack of equipment loadout, and try to get her on every team you own.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Edit: Apparently leaks show next Pure Fiction being way, way harder. Less mobs, more elites, everything has higher HP, everything gives less points, etc. So, that's going to fucking suck.

Oooo, does it finally mean it's Hunt path's time to shine? (lolno)

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Destruction all day every day, as usual. I don't think dots will do well without the effect focused on them. Maybe Sparkle will enable DHIL to do something in PF now.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I'm not especially impressed with Destruction characters in Pure Fiction currently, but I do agree that the changes to Pure Fiction will probably make them better. I'm still expecting the likes of Herta to be good, but maybe not as completely insane as she is right now. I was personally expecting PF to get a little harder, since it's currently so much easier than MoC, but this isn't how I expected them to do it. I'm a little concerned, to be honest, but I'll hold off on complaining until I need to deal with it myself.

• Options
    Slow Sparkle

Fast Sparkle

Basic Attack Only (BAO) Sparkle

Pick yer poison, which are y'all going for?

• Options
    Slow Sparkle

Fast Sparkle

I'm definitely starting out with fast Sparkle, because I think it's the most generalist build and also ideal for Qingque specifically. I may try a slower build later, though... depending on what I wind up using for a light cone.

I'm a little interested in the basic attack build, just for completely insane skill point generation. I might give that a whirl sometime too; its build shouldn't be too different from the fast set anyway.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    160 speed builds aren’t real they can’t hurt me

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

They're pretty real in SimU but good luck chasing them outside it.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited February 29
    Slow Sparkle

Fast Sparkle

Slow Sparkle for me. I've found that Black Swan's ultimate is not restricted to having to wait until the second turn of Epiphany drops off before it will stop the next Arcana reset, which I've already used to great effect in a Huohuo/Swan/Mei/Bronya team. I plan to replace Mei with Sparkle and see just how much I can keep cycling Swan to keep Arcana maxed out.

Auralynx wrote: »

They're pretty real in SimU but good luck chasing them outside it.

There's someone on my friends list with a cracked out Kafka who hits 180+ speed when paired with my Huohuo. That much speed is hilariously pointless but it's still wild to see.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Build videos for Sparkle are all releasing at once now. She's looking like one of those characters who you're either gonna build once and she's never leaving the team or you're gonna build her three times (or more), curse the lack of equipment loadout, and try to get her on every team you own.

The real problem with her that people are glossing over is not so much building her, it's that she effectively makes speed on your main DPS a dead stat. Most people are treating that as a plus, and I get it for an older account who's stockpiled a hojillion relics that are good except for not having a speed substat, but that also means that now for all DPS that you want to use with her, if you want to actually get the most out of her, you're building not just her, but that DPS differently than for pretty much every other support character, so she's either going to be lashed to them, or all that relic farming and upkeep got twice as bad. And will stay doubled for any new DPS that comes that you want to maximize with her, but also use with somebody else.

But she's also kind of a pain in the ass to build herself since speed is the hardest substat and she wants to absolutely maximize it.

I think she has other minor issues as well that a lot are glossing over (doesn't work with DOT teams, Acheron, 2x DPS, and SP light DPS like perennial hot shit Jingliu still absolutely prefer Bronya), which makes her significantly less plug and play anywhere like Ruan Mei and (likely) multiple upcoming characters in a patch or two, but she's definitely a beast for off-turn attackers, even more than SP intensive teams since she's not actually too SP positive without letting her biggest buff drop off here and there.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    35 or so rolls gave me 2x Quingque (now E6), 3x Hanya (now E4) and Sparkle (I won my second 50/50 in a row thanks to that).

When I build my Quingque, now that I have a good reason to, I will be able to field Team Quantum Gremlin.

• Options
    Oh hey, Yanqing. What's up?
    LDlnki5.png

Sadly didn't get any Hanyas. Maybe she's upset that I took her gear. My good friend Sampo is E6 now, though. Anyway, already got Sparkle up as a support for people who want to try her; got some work to do on her traces but she's in alright shape. Also swapped my QQ to attack boots, so I guess heads up for people who might be selecting her without having Sparkle. Attack boots were always an option for her since it helps prevent skill point issues, but I always preferred speed before now.

• Options
    My Sparkle's looking a little weird. She's got a big shield, blonde hair, and keeps going on about how a will forged in ice never falters

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Won my 50/50 on Sparkle

Hanya found dead in a ditch

I need to trade in Daniel's Speed boots for Atk boots

Also I got E6 QQ in the process and I have a sick urge to build her too

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Got the 50/50 on Sparkle. Glad they mailed out a pile of fuels since I need so many materials...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited February 29
    I have bupkis for draw currency at the moment, so I'm just going to stick my fingers in my ears whenever people talk about Sparkle for the next forever

Going to save up and try to get Luocha or Fu Xuan reruns, if those ever happen

Fry on
  • Options
    I don't think I have the resources to build sparkle now. She might be really good with dragon Dan, but my current Dan team is doing really good already.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    I have bupkis for draw currency at the moment, so I'm just going to stick my fingers in my ears whenever people talk about Sparkle for the next forever

Luocha is probably next in line for a rerun

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

Luocha is probably next in line for a rerun

xJLZib7.png

He is, but people seem to think it'd be a little weird to have two Imaginary sustains on the same patch, which I'm not sure I agree with, but whatever. The popular theory at the moment seems to be that Topaz will be one of the reruns since she gets an icon on the BP and is in Aventurine's faction. It's a crapshoot for the other one. Fu Xuan and Jingliu are the only other two also 'due.' They could twist the knife and put Jingliu with Acheron, or alternatively, going to end up with a span of a bunch of sustain reruns.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Aventurine / Fu dueling banners would be... something, for sure.

• Options
    I want Fu and Topaz, so hopefully they come up soon.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Continue to win my 50/50s and got Sparkle at 81 rolls. Managed to E6 Hanya and Sampo along the way. Now to hope my "luck" continues on to getting Sparkle and Jing Yuan's light cones.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited February 29
    Apparently, you don't have to have 77 penacony tokens in hand all at once for the achievement, I guess just cumulative. It just popped for me with sixty-some currently in inventory.

Edit: got the LC and the Clockie thing from the capsule machine on 5x rolls, so don't feel like you have to wait through single rolls to get them

Fry on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Ugh, Sparkle in 70, which was guaranteed pity. But only got 1 qq on the way so she is only e2. It's probably not worth pulling more for qq Eidolons... But it would be really nice to get her to e4.

• Options
    I decided I'm not interested in Acheron or Aventurine so I dipped into my starglitter I've been hoarding for nearly a year and have Sparkle now. Also got a couple Hanya eidolons out of it so bonus.

No idea how I'll build her yet. Need to rewatch that Guoba video to decide.

• Options
    After previously only 2-starring the recent Memory of Chaos floors 11 and 12, I took Sparkle teams for a whirl, and was able to 3-star them this time. Floor 11 actually wasn't close at all, almost got a 6-turn clear, but Qingque actually died at the end. Turns out, playing her against Sam is a little bit dangerous. Good to know; it was fine anyway since I already had the star for clearing without anyone dying.

Floor 12 took two attempts, but the quantum team on side 1 wasn't the problem. I tried to use Blade on the second half, and he just wasn't up to par (probably because it wasn't capitalizing on the turbulence very well). Swapping that out for Kafka/Sampo went better.

• Options
    Apparently Sparkle's stealth technique doesn't break when you attack, unlike Seele. Meaning that if you swing at air or hit something that doesn't start combat you're still stealthed.

Things like warp trotters in an Adventure domain

• Options
    Well, I only had enough for one pull, but it got me the Hanya I missed during her debut, so I really can't complain.

• Options
    Apparently Sparkle's stealth technique doesn't break when you attack, unlike Seele. Meaning that if you swing at air or hit something that doesn't start combat you're still stealthed.

Things like warp trotters in an Adventure domain

That'll be "fixed" before long, like Topaz's thing

• Options
    I decided I'm not interested in Acheron or Aventurine so I dipped into my starglitter I've been hoarding for nearly a year and have Sparkle now. Also got a couple Hanya eidolons out of it so bonus.

Speed and Crit DMG, very easy

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Not that easy. There's three ways to go about it: Slow, Fast, Basic Attack Only and they use different sets/cones. It's also dependent on who the hypercarry is going to be or if I go mono-quantum.

The actual stats to go for don't change but the weights do.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    She's a support. Guard of Wuthering Snow and start fighting. ;)

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited March 1
    Maddoc wrote: »

Not that easy. There's three ways to go about it: Slow, Fast, Basic Attack Only and they use different sets/cones. It's also dependent on who the hypercarry is going to be or if I go mono-quantum.

The actual stats to go for don't change but the weights do.

Basic attack only is a meme, and fast is going to be better than -1 Speed in damn near every situation.

Maddoc on