As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Parenting As A Service

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Parenting As A Service !

**Penny Arcade - Comic - Parenting As A Service **

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Tell 'em to go play in the street

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    "Son, for your 18th birthday I have a special present for you: A special edition of PA featuring all of the strips where I regret having kids."

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    Lul I liked how this one rapidly shifted from "I need internet to work" to "I need internet to abuse as a surrogate parent/babysitter".

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Lul I liked how this one rapidly shifted from "I need internet to work" to "I need internet to abuse as a surrogate parent/babysitter".

For every decision, from pasta sauce to school activities to college that is a major factor.

• Options
    PyrianPyrian Registered User regular
    C'mon, Gabe, you should have at least three different ways to connect to the internet from home.

• Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    Parenting as a service - getting a babysitter for one night is more flexible than having a full time nanny

Transport as a service - this passenger train has been running along the same rails for 200 years. Bad luck if you want to go somewhere else

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I can hear Jerry doing that guys voice in my head.

• Options
    Armored ChocoboArmored Chocobo Registered User regular
    So what he's saying is he should sit down and tell a bold-faced lie to his kids

• Options
    GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    So what he's saying is he should sit down and tell a bold-faced lie to his kids

I mean, he works for the cable company. He's used to lying. Does it all the time.

That internet? It ain't comin' back for a while, man. Make alternative arrangements.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Johnny17 wrote: »
    "Son, for your 18th birthday I have a special present for you: A special edition of PA featuring all of the strips where I regret having kids."

I mean any parent that doesn't admit they have regretted their children at least once is lying.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I mean any parent that doesn't admit they have regretted their children at least once a day is lying.

FTFY

• Options
    dennis wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

I mean any parent that doesn't admit they have regretted their children at least once a day is lying.

FTFY

Look I wanted to not scare the childless people. But like today my son was complaining we wouldn't buy him a minecraft Mod and like boy no, god damn it you get so many things.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Sounds like I dodged a bullet with the whole kid thing. And the only cost was dying alone and forgotten someday in the nursing home. But hey, I suppose that could happen even if I did have kids. ;)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Every time a "regret having kids" comment comes up I'm reminded of the time we had a babysitter panicking when we got home because our then four year old son had done "something" to the toaster. "What did he do to it?" "I DON'T KNOW I CAN'T FIND IT!"

He turned seven this year and we have not found that toaster. It was a nice toaster, and I hate the one we got to replace it.

• Options
    That reminds me of Suicide Kings, but that was a completely different usage of a toaster

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    Sounds like I dodged a bullet with the whole kid thing. And the only cost was dying alone and forgotten someday in the nursing home. But hey, I suppose that could happen even if I did have kids. ;)

Having been in serious relationships with both a doctor and an elder care provider, I can promise you it does. People's kids put them in homes and never visit all time.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Every time a "regret having kids" comment comes up I'm reminded of the time we had a babysitter panicking when we got home because our then four year old son had done "something" to the toaster. "What did he do to it?" "I DON'T KNOW I CAN'T FIND IT!"

He turned seven this year and we have not found that toaster. It was a nice toaster, and I hate the one we got to replace it.

In 50 years somebody is going to be remodeling that house and find the toaster behind some pristine drywall half embedded into a stud.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    This explains how enemies in RPGs drop random items when you kill them

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Lttlefoot wrote: »
    This explains how enemies in RPGs drop random items when you kill them

I discussed this with my wife but she was unconvinced it would get us out toaster back.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

Watch it turn out he traded it for a 9.8 graded copy of Incredible Hulk #181 (First appearance of Wolverine)

Which he then drew on in crayon.