Options

🖥️🎮 - Steam Next Fest! Trouble Juice and Immortal Tales of Rebirth out today!

19495969798100»

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Stellaris is a game I understand to have sold fifty fuckzillion copies with an average play time of 2500 hours and which sucks mega shit and nobody likes

yes accurate you should play it too

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    They apparently put out a free demo of a new quick-play (1 hour games) multiplayer stellaris game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1983990/Stellaris_Nexus/

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    speaking of demos

8JCPX6i.jpg
    j0bRQ9o.jpg

steam next fest is on!

some of these had demos that launched a bit earlier, but most should be running until at least the end of this week
    https://store.steampowered.com/sale/nextfest

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I looked at Steam Next Fest and this thing showed up

g4xc4u7n2iyf.png

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    They should have just called it Steam Roguelike Deckbuilder.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Has anyone checked out the demo for EN GARDE!? I was going to play it and the Lies of P demo this past weekend, but then I got real bad at time management.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    most important game has a demo out
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-39kuBXyKWo

it's short (maybe half an hour) and sweet

asofyeun on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    oh no

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am actually downloading the House Flipper 2 Demo.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    We just downloaded it to the wife's Steam Deck and it is adorable. Needs some real with optimizing obviously since it's not coming until next year, the framerate is real rough. But it's cute as hell.

There are emotes including BIG STRETCH so goty 2024 I guess.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    We just downloaded it to the wife's Steam Deck and it is adorable. Needs some real with optimizing obviously since it's not coming until next year, the framerate is real rough. But it's cute as hell.

Speaking of cute as hell, I bought Slime Rancher 2 and it's just as great as the first game. It needs a dedicated button to pet the slimes tho. I wanna see em wiggle even more

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I mean, I like stellaris.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    You can ban slavery throughout the galaxy now in Stellaris, which is pretty cool.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Stellaris is a game I understand to have sold fifty fuckzillion copies with an average play time of 2500 hours and which sucks mega shit and nobody likes

Thing is the Stellaris nowadays isn't even the same game as it was at launch, the only thing it really retains is the engine. So depending on the circumstances I absolutely wouldn't blame anyone that dumped hours early on only to get burned by some of the huge redesigns it has gone through since then.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Just finished the Sea of Stars demo and that game whips.

Absolutely beautiful pixel art with some good music and a fun combat system. The demo is pretty short too, mostly just part of a town and one dungeon, so you can get through it fairly quickly.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    This is the Noclip published game

Crippl3 wrote: »

Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 are now available DRM free on GOG, and they're all on sale for $5-$7 a piece or all 7 for $34

This is one of the best deals of all time.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Played the Lies of P demo on PS5 and I don't think I'm going to pick up the full version. It's not even that the demo itself is bad, it's a pretty functional Bloodborne-like, but the demo makes me feel like the full game will be bad, if that makes any sense.

Like, your dodge kind of sucks; it's stubby and has limited I-frames. This seemed like a reasonable decision, because all attacks can be perfect blocked for zero damage and big enemy attacks are only perfect blockable, so the game was clearly going for dodging being a positioning tool and perfect blocking being your primary defensive maneuver. Except right at the end of the demo, you find out there's an entire skill tree, and one of the first things you can get is double-dodging, which would pretty radically alter the combat and that is a weird thing to not demonstrate.

There's also an elite mook who can straight up punish you for trying to chain attacks after he staggers, because he can go from hitstun into a guard state and if you hit him while he blocks, he gets an automatic followup you can't respond to defensively. A little weird for a Bloodborne type game, but not too bad... except then that enemy becomes the default weak mook by the end of the demo, so literally the most basic enemies available can't even be safely hit with an attack string, and that leaves me little confidence the game will get more fun as it goes on.

There's also a pretty high number of upgrade systems with stat buffs and what not, which I don't particularly like in a Soulslike, and that plus the high TTK on elite enemies makes me think grinding that stuff out is going to be pretty important to reasonably clearing encounters.

Finally, the localization is incredibly awkward, stiff, and by the numbers, which isn't terrible in a demo but makes me very doubtful that the "lie" system or any of the plot setup will pay off in any sort of resonant way.

I dunno, it's competently made, I just feel like it's gonna suck.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Finally got around to picking up Roadwarden, and damn it's good. Just absolutely oozes atmosphere, and the writing does a great job of making me feel alone and like there's danger around every corner, and that every choice I make is fraught with importance (even if it isn't).

Oh those choices definitely are fraught with importance.

Well now I'm going to be agonizing over every choice even more, so thanks for that lol

I was a little bit being a scamp with that post, don't worry too much.

But I will say that I think one of the things Roadwarden does well is integrating the important choices you're making into conversation such that you might not realize how important they are. Some things are obvious, but I do think there are some little things (including like, your tone of voice stuff) that can make a world of difference.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Small update: I pounced on a bird and then released it, which left behind a feather that I collected. Then I found a big cat that thanked me because this was a "catch and release" neighborhood. He then awarded me with a "lay down" emote. Continuing the goty 2024 trajectory.

Game has some real control issues. It's sloppy.

But I love it.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Next Fest Games:

Lies of P: See my comments above. A pretty solidly made Bloodborne-like with enough flaws in the design I am not likely to pick it up.

The Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood: Another one of those bartender-style talk-em-ups, except this time the theme is not-quite Tarot cards and Witchy magic. Gorgeous sprite work, very interesting worldbuilding so far, definitely going to check out the full game. It is very, very technically a "deckbuilder" but in the sense that you get to make custom cards for your divination deck with very vague, hard to predict vibes like "leadership" or "stagnation". It's also very frank with sex/sexuality, not in a sexy way but in an "oh yeah these are Witches/people engaging in girl talk they'd definitely be talking about sex" way.

Venba: What if Cooking Mama was also the story of a first generation immigrant couple? The demo is incredibly short, literally one single cooking session and some story... but the animation is incredible and the incredibly cute way they set up the story has me pretty optimistic for the game. Probably good if you're the kind of person who liked Later Alligator, I'd suspect.

Little Kitty, Big City: This feels like a janky N64/PSX era collectathon platformer except you're a cat. That isn't a bad thing, but I do think that as it stands the degree of jank/ploddingly lining up jumps and finding specific routes adds a degree of frustration that you wouldn't expect from a chill cat game, and the chill cat game friction makes it a weaker platformer. The game is very clear it's still being tuned though, so I expect it'll still be pretty good.

Sea of Stars: If Little Kitty is a forgotten N64 platformer, Sea of Stars is a forgotten GBA or SNES RPG. Very, very pretty, battle system seems to be pretty fun and give you a lot of depth out of a relatively short list of options, and the characters are fun in a Saturday Morning Cartoon kind of way. Plus it has one of the more unique fishing minigames I've seen, which is always a plus.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    JRPG needs fishing

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/ndt4ypHZbs4

well this was fully off my radar but not anymore

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I have to recommend Surmount

It's a single or co-op physics climbing game where you use the shoulder buttons to grip and the left stick to rotate around a single grip, to shimmy up — or to wildly spin your body and launch yourself into the air. You can also tether yourself to the wall and launch using the tension, or tether to your buddy. All this with customizable little Animal Crossing-ass little characters.

It's a run-based climbing game, too, with secrets and treasures on the ever-changing mountain.

An absolute delight.

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Been playing the Battle Shapers demo. It's pretty fun!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7p7YDlNNFA
    It's a roguelite FPS single player game in sci-fi setting where you need to put down a bunch of evil robots. I think I'd describe it as Overwatch meets Gunfire Reborn with a bit of Doom mixed in - you play Ada, a spunky girl-bot with a big robot fist. You do runs against the various bosses (only 1 available in the demo), picking up weapon/ability/upgrades as you go. If you do enough damage to bots you can punch them for a takedown, which restores some of your shields (you have infinite ammo). Definitely has potential, maybe content light at launch? Sound effects are okay and it definitely hitched from time to time, but the gameplay itself is pretty fun. I'll wishlist but wait for launch to see what state it's in.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited June 2023

Looks fantastic but everyone’s saying it has a lot of technical problems and needs some balance passes. But I’m definitely going to pick it up down the line.

Prohass on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2023

oh dang my "slightly janky yet rad eurogame" sense is tingling

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.