Options

🖥️🎮 - Steam Next Fest! Trouble Juice and Immortal Tales of Rebirth out today!

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Oh shit, I think I'm gonna watch Timecop today.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I liked it better when it was Journeyman Project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u_mxWy2af0

This started playing in my head

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    This Is How You Lose the Time War would actually be a rad premise for a video game. Hitman your way through levels setting up time loop traps and countertraps, all interspersed with visual novel-style correspondence that determines whether you fall in love with the enemy agent and find a way to break the cycle and vanish into history together.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    Oh shit, I think I'm gonna watch Timecop today.

The Timecop episode of "How did this get made" is one of the best

Mantzoukas deadpanning "I think there may be some inconsistencies in Timecop" lives rent free in my head

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    There might be a Vampire Survivors animated TV show which sounds like a stupid idea.
    "The most important thing in Vampire Survivors is the story, so it's a dream come true to see what started as a little indie game I made on my weekends come to life as an animated TV show," says Luca Galante in the press release. "It’s also great to be partnering up with such experienced and talented people to make the show. I do wonder if they've realised that there isn't a single vampire in Vampire Survivors, though."

Nope, never mind, this should be amazing.

I hope that reads as getting paid as quickly as possible

imo the the ideal format for a vampire survivors show is basically a half-improvised zero-budget sealab-era adult swim comedy that leans into the setting just being castlevania with the serial numbers filed off

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    The entire season is the same episode, but each subsequent episode adds a minute more of the episode

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    The funniest bit of Jean Claude Van Johnson to me was the Time Cop bit in the first episode.
    JCVD is undercover in a factory and wearing a giant fake beard and everything, but accidentally stumbles into a real worker who looks just like his disguise. In order to try and fool the real worker, JCVD claims to be the worker from the future.

However, the worker says that cannot be true because they are touching and according to Time Cop, "like matter can't touch like matter." JCVD counters that in Looper Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt could touch, only for the worker to counter "Time Cop is way better than Looper!"

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    It came out a while ago but I strongly recommend Ozymandias, a "short" 4x that's quite challenging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuskuKEh5v4

Large amount of strategic depth despite everything being available one click away from the main map, all of which is displayed at all times. (No fog of war, so I guess technically that's one fewer X?)

Imagine if Settlers of Catan had armies instead of roads and was good instead of bad.

It's also like $10 on Steam right now.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Finished up Pathfinder 2 last week and Chinatown Detective Agency this week.

Pathfinder 2: People here warned me that it had some serious flaws and I have to agree. I didn't buy the DLC, because the game was running for too long as it was (and I'm the kind of player that gets in 80% of the game and then decides that they wanted to play another class and path and started over again).
    I overall still liked the game, but a tighter experience would have been better for me. Also they had a gimmick in chapter 4 where the city changes, paths open and close based on the camera angle. For a short dungeon such a gimmick would have worked, but for a hub where you're going to spend several hours traversing, it was very annoying.
    I also read up on what is required for the secret ending and it's basically insane: requirements include pick certain non-obvious dialogue options (starting in the prologue), grab certain items during the whole game, use those items (all 1 use) during specific boss fights, backtrack at certain points etc.)
    I did appreciate the various Mythic Paths that gave some replay options to the game. I think I'll replay it in a couple of years, but then see if there are some mods to smoothen the experience.

Chinatown Detective Agency: Somewhere between a point-and-click, a visual novel and a Carmen Sandiego type of travel game. Solve cases (not all of them crimes) by travelling all over the world. The game requires you to use outside game resources to find answers to some of the questions. The early puzzles were relatively easy to solve (some general knowledge needed for code cracking), but later on they got significantly harder (including cracking an enigma code). There are three divergent paths, but the converge again after a few missions, so replay options are limited.
    I had some annoying bugs during the game though that required to restart the game, which was a bad combination with only saving when not on an active case.

Now waiting for the Storm DLC, so I can finally start Midnight Suns.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    Finished up Pathfinder 2 last week and Chinatown Detective Agency this week.

Pathfinder 2: People here warned me that it had some serious flaws and I have to agree. I didn't buy the DLC, because the game was running for too long as it was (and I'm the kind of player that gets in 80% of the game and then decides that they wanted to play another class and path and started over again).
    I overall still liked the game, but a tighter experience would have been better for me. Also they had a gimmick in chapter 4 where the city changes, paths open and close based on the camera angle. For a short dungeon such a gimmick would have worked, but for a hub where you're going to spend several hours traversing, it was very annoying.
    I also read up on what is required for the secret ending and it's basically insane: requirements include pick certain non-obvious dialogue options (starting in the prologue), grab certain items during the whole game, use those items (all 1 use) during specific boss fights, backtrack at certain points etc.)
    I did appreciate the various Mythic Paths that gave some replay options to the game. I think I'll replay it in a couple of years, but then see if there are some mods to smoothen the experience.

Chinatown Detective Agency: Somewhere between a point-and-click, a visual novel and a Carmen Sandiego type of travel game. Solve cases (not all of them crimes) by travelling all over the world. The game requires you to use outside game resources to find answers to some of the questions. The early puzzles were relatively easy to solve (some general knowledge needed for code cracking), but later on they got significantly harder (including cracking an enigma code). There are three divergent paths, but the converge again after a few missions, so replay options are limited.
    I had some annoying bugs during the game though that required to restart the game, which was a bad combination with only saving when not on an active case.

Now waiting for the Storm DLC, so I can finally start Midnight Suns.

The only Pathfinder 2 DLC I recommend is the one that adds the randomized dungeon. That's great for playing with builds, the other DLC's are all "unfinished" (they are just a part of a campaign, other parts come in later DLC and it's dumb)

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    It came out a while ago but I strongly recommend Ozymandias, a "short" 4x that's quite challenging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuskuKEh5v4

Large amount of strategic depth despite everything being available one click away from the main map, all of which is displayed at all times. (No fog of war, so I guess technically that's one fewer X?)

So it's an XXX strategy?

I mean I guess it doesn't surprise me, it is Steam after all.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    It took a while, but I'm finally fully into Library of Ruina.

It has maybe the most difficult and unpleasant learning curves I've experienced. I'm The Pathologic 2 Guy, and yet the initial acclimation process in this had me going, "Well, this is a bit much." But I've finally internalized enough of the mechanics that I can enjoy the flow of the battles, which have some very satisfying systems once you climb that first motherfucker of a cliff.

I would not have bothered at all were I not so taken by the world, which has this really compelling, macabre, surrealist-cyberpunk thing going for it. Aesthetically, it has a hyper-violent anime ethos that's a little tedious. But the worldbuilding, and this might be overstating it some, feels like, "What if the Fallen London team got to fuck around with Ghost in the Shell." I haven't seen anything quite like it, and my curiosity about what else it had to show me was enough to get me through some pretty hostile onboarding.

With the caveat that it is rather obtuse and difficult to acclimate to, big recommend. Having a lot of fun, now.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Playing some more PARANORMASIGHT and I think it may have the simplest but cleverest way I've ever seen a dev elevate basic point and click adventure gameplay to feel interactive and drive the (mild) horror.

Your character can look around and click to talk to people or look at areas of interest, like in most games of the type. But instead of having you scan across a 2d wall, you're able to rotate a full 360 degrees with an a pretty narrow field of view, which lets the devs do some pretty great things with basic horror stuff like turning around, having nothing be there, and then turning back around to see OH GOD OH NO. Add a few other minor things like auto-looking at certain things to take away control and what looked like at least some clever scripting to care about what you've looked at already and the game messing around with how much you're allowed to tediously exhaust all dialogs options, and you get a really really good synergy between the tone the game is going for and the mechanical execution of investigating.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man as hard as the combat can get in Jedi Survivor and it can get god damn hard, these optional trial parkour sections are fucking ridic

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    It took a while, but I'm finally fully into Library of Ruina.

It has maybe the most difficult and unpleasant learning curves I've experienced. I'm The Pathologic 2 Guy, and yet the initial acclimation process in this had me going, "Well, this is a bit much." But I've finally internalized enough of the mechanics that I can enjoy the flow of the battles, which have some very satisfying systems once you climb that first motherfucker of a cliff.

I would not have bothered at all were I not so taken by the world, which has this really compelling, macabre, surrealist-cyberpunk thing going for it. Aesthetically, it has a hyper-violent anime ethos that's a little tedious. But the worldbuilding, and this might be overstating it some, feels like, "What if the Fallen London team got to fuck around with Ghost in the Shell." I haven't seen anything quite like it, and my curiosity about what else it had to show me was enough to get me through some pretty hostile onboarding.

With the caveat that it is rather obtuse and difficult to acclimate to, big recommend. Having a lot of fun, now.

Glad you're enjoying it. There are a few big difficulty spikes but i hope you get passed them. The City is such a strange setting.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    I'm happy to report that Jedi Survivor is continuing the adventures of Cal & The Very Precarious Ledge. Gravity is definitely meeting its "attempts to pancake you" quota.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I’m glad I tried the street fighter demo because man is that not for me so that saves me some money. Also why start the game in resolution 30fps mode? It’s not like the graphics are amazing (or in my opinion any good at all), seems like a really weird choice for a fighting game.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    mmm a game showed up in my recommendations, a hell let loose-ish civil war game...

...called 'war of rights'

i don't think i'll be getting it

• Options

The aesthetic on this is very nice but it's giving like, extreme The Mask game energy

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I overall still liked the game, but a tighter experience would have been better for me.

The original idea was it would be shorter than Kingmaker. They knew the majority of people never finished Kingmaker because it was too long, so they were shooting for a 60-80 hour play time with Wrath of the Righteous.

Then it just ended up being nearly three times as long as Kingmaker.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    Man I really wish the Scott pilgrim game didn’t have a lives system. Like great I can’t get past the first level your game is uninstalled and I’ll never see it. The new turtles beat ‘em up was so much better

Also playing the last case of Benedict fox, looks awesome, awesome setting, unfortunately the combat is finicky and unsatisfying and quite hard, and if you die you have to start way back from long checkpoints. So gave up on that too

Also had a performance and quality mode even on series x, and the performance mode looks blurry and awful. So with 30fps the combat and platforming feels even shakier

Disappointing

Prohass on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    final update viz gpu woes

I decided to risk it on the cheap option and ordered a cable off of ebay that claimed it matches my power unit, knowing full well I am taking a chance on frying the new card or even the motherboard

first off, it got here in less than a week via direct delivery, so good on ya chinese ebay seller

second, it seems to work fine! GPU is on and running, no smoke or sparks, ran a stress test and it appears everything's legit

so color me delighted and surprised that the off-brand knockoff works spectecularly, and mark it is the last time I but a power unit off of gigabyte, whose support is dogshit

now, what do I actually do with a brand spanking new and functional RX 6900 XT?

*goes back to playing Starsector in his laptop*

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    I am loving the new friends in Jedi Survivor:
    Skoova Stev, a Scottish three foot tall alien in a permanent diving suit with a walrus mustache; a DJ Astromech; a mixologist bartender; a nautolon gunslinger; and a cantankerous old gay couple of a slug man and old human who started dating cause they liked to make fun of everyone else.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Apparently the english version of the last Nintendo Indie World stream was missing a trailer.

A Switch version of Rose & Camellia - a ladies period drama punch-out, where you slap your foes until their spirit is broken.

From the developers of La-Mulana

• Options
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Oooh I saw Library of Ruina a ways back and thought it looked neat, nice to know it’s worth moving up the list.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    I remember Rose & Camellia, those games were surprisingly good besides having mouse controls because they were literally flash games and came out long before touch controls for games were popular. Very odd shift from La Mulana to slapfight punchout, though.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I'm going to sgdq this year aaaa

28th may-4th june in Minneapolis

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I'm going to sgdq this year aaaa

28th may-4th june in Minneapolis

Sick! Spectating or running?

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Just a spectator, I know a couple of runners and hosts

Will be my first visit to the US

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Visiting a mainline GDQ event is absolutely a bucket list item for me, maximum jelly

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I overall still liked the game, but a tighter experience would have been better for me.

The original idea was it would be shorter than Kingmaker. They knew the majority of people never finished Kingmaker because it was too long, so they were shooting for a 60-80 hour play time with Wrath of the Righteous.

Then it just ended up being nearly three times as long as Kingmaker.

I'm really looking forward to their Rogue Trader game, but the fact that they were aware of issues in their first game and completely failed at addressing them in the second have me a bit worried.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Hello! We're making Old Skies. A game about time travel where you can experience (among other things) chopping fish, punching, extremely awkward flirting and KISSING.
    A time travel adventure spanning two hundred years! Dive into the past with time agent Fia Quinn as she embarks on seven trips through time. History is up for grabs, from the speakeasies of Prohibition to the vicious gangs of the Gilded Age to the World Trade Center on September 10, 2001.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Powerwash Simulator is way more calming than I expected it to be

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Am I a bad dad for wanting to buy this for my daughter?

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsrjOq66MRo
    Enter a world on the brink of civil war and discover the secrets of Irumesa in an old-school, hardcore MMORPG. Navigate treacherous politics, fight terrifying monsters, foster mighty guilds with friends, and usher in a golden era - or drown Irumesa in the dark ages.
    20230501 Ethyrial: Echoes of Yore (MMORPG Exploration Sandbox Open World )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92RkPlAY-pI
    Welcome to Fern Island! As Abrill, become immersed in the island’s culture, uncover its deepest secrets, and master magical trades. Overcome the challenges of the island to demonstrate your mastery of magic and become the most well known witch around!
    20230501 The Witch of Fern Island (Early Access Adventure Life Sim Cute Fligh)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDLto3-SyxI
    Get ready to experience the thrills and chills of The Dead Await: Prologue, a free and fully functional demo! Build your deck and try to survive in this deck-building survival RPG set during a zombie apocalypse.
    20230501 The Dead Await: Prologue (RPG Deckbuilding Crafting Zombies Survival )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR8GVePOdpY
    The town of Redfall is under siege by a legion of vampires who have cut the island off from the outside world. Trapped with a handful of survivors, slay alone or squad up in open-world FPS action.
    20230501 Redfall (Open World FPS Co-op Action Adventure )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGv6hHJcMec
    The World Turtle carries entire civilizations on its back through outer space, and the gentle Meeps are the only ones on a quest to save it. Cooperation, rather than conquest will save the day, so prepare to harvest, build, research, and explore the void in this wholesome turtleback builder.
    20230501 World Turtles (Early Access City Builder Colony Sim Strategy)

it's world turtles all the way down

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular

Minneapolis is lovely! Let me know if you want any recommendations, I lived there a while back.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »

Minneapolis is lovely! Let me know if you want any recommendations, I lived there a while back.

I live there now. It's a hole.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    now, what do I actually do with a brand spanking new and functional RX 6900 XT?

*goes back to playing Starsector in his laptop*

After it being mentioned a couple times lately I reinstalled it and my current game is going pretty well. I'm up to 2 mil credits, level 10, and in one of my first forays into exploring outside the core systems at like, level 3/4 I found a derelict Paragon class capital ship with no D-mods.

Now I just need to set up some colonies in various places so I can have fuel and supply depots for really poking around the corners of the map.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.