Options

🖥️🎮 - Steam Next Fest! Trouble Juice and Immortal Tales of Rebirth out today!

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Nintendo pays them to do so? Also, the airline gets free exposure from being reported on (and word of mouth as demonstrated here).

Glal on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I also had the impression that for some reason the airlines were paying game freak or nintendo or whoever for the right to put the pokemon on the planes lol
    the airlines being paid makes more sense

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's a mutual advertisement

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    its reported on the list that started the discussion as "aircraft livery sales" as being a component of Pokémon's gross revenue

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    like, does the Pokémon company pay the airline to wrap their airplane, then the airline pay the Pokémon company to design the wrap? I guess that would allow both to report income to their investors and losses to their tax accountants, so that's probably what's happening.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I suppose children would rather ride on the Pokemon plane, but I don't know how they'd know which airline had the Pokemon plane in such a way as to pressure their parents into altering their travel plans.

In fact, the only airline advertisements I can remember ever seeing were TV spots for Southwest back when they were the scrappy disruptive underdogs, and internet banners for bargain nightmare flights like Spirit. Everyone else was just like "You don't like us, buy a boat, fucko, see you next year in New Zealand."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's a mutual advertisement
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I suppose children would rather ride on the Pokemon plane, but I don't know how they'd know which airline had the Pokemon plane in such a way as to pressure their parents into altering their travel plans.

In fact, the only airline advertisements I can remember ever seeing were TV spots for Southwest back when they were the scrappy disruptive underdogs, and internet banners for bargain nightmare flights like Spirit. Everyone else was just like "You don't like us, buy a boat, fucko, see you next year in New Zealand."

Oh that's easy they'd go to the website

https://flying-pikachu.com/en/pika_jet/

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Recently finished up Everspace 2 and Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2

Everspace: Really good! The variety of ships and weapons meant I could make the close-quarters brawler I was looking for. Combat was fun. I feel like the characters were underutilized which is kind of the fault of the story, which was serviceable, but not great.

Fuga: A good sequel featuring your favorite literal children wielding a tank of unimaginable power. Basically the same game as the first with some tweaks that I felt disproportionally improved the game despite their small size as well as some additions that didn't hurt but didn't do anything for me either.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/EFW-m8rVp7Q
    There's a demo during the next steam thing, it looks kind of cool. I hope many of my little dudes can die horribly

Happiness is within reach!
  • Options
    Ooh! I just opened up the new achievements window in Steam. This is much better. The global achievements tab makes it much easier to see what I have to do in order to make the game think I'm better than all you scrubs.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Ooh! I just opened up the new achievements window in Steam. This is much better. The global achievements tab makes it much easier to see what I have to do in order to make the game think I'm better than all you scrubs.

Step 1: Actually play a game

You are now above approximately 95% of Steam users

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Listen I've only had it installed for ten years, I'll get to it soon enough!

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Madican wrote: »

this is legitimately the most depressing thing. there are SO MANY GAMES and some of them are even good, but you look at cheevos and see that your friend opened Obra Dinn one time in 2019 and then went back to adding a couple hundred more hours to their 3000 in Warframe or Stellaris or something and it's just like

argh

if people really do want to lap at the teat of the Forever Game I guess I can't stop them but I really wish fewer things would come out that expected you to be attached to them till death do you log

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i have 20 plat trophies on playstation but i've never gotten one on steam

something about steam achievements makes me not want to put in the work

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    The only game I've ever consciously attempted to get achievements for is Outer Wilds, and I gave up on that pretty quick because they're hard and I'm a baby.

• Options
    I like Steam achievements if they help me stretch out the fun in a game after I've completed the campaign or if there are few specific in-game goals. I do not like them if they include multiplayer achievements. If I wanted human interaction, I would not be playing video games, knock it off.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The last time I cared about Steam achievements was when I cheated to unlock them all in a Chinese RPG because character creation options were tied to some achievements

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    There's a certain... depressive mindset to it myself? When I boot up Warframe it's a task that my brain is capable of processing into an experience I know and can handle. To boot up a new game requires a certain amount of focus and commitment that I'm not emotionally ready to tackle, even if it's a game I enjoyed and played a lot of years ago.

even than I play Warframe almost entirely singleplayer to avoid the same concept in interacting with other human beings and their expectations and letting people down

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Played the Lies of P demo and I think I might pass on this one. Which is a shame because I love the aesthetic they are going for and was hoping it would scratch that Bloodborne itch.

The game looks fantastic technically, but the gameplay feels off. Specifically the dodge. The dodge is real stiff, it feels like there's a small delay both going into and out of the dodge, and the amount of iframes seems way too small for the animation. It's bad enough that I decided to stop playing before beating the demo.

It's a real difference coming off the FF16 demo which has me counting down the days until that game is out versus this demo which has pretty much unsold me from the game.

I did really enjoy the loading screen though. It has a graphic of Pinocchio's face with the nose as the loading bar growing as the game loads and the text "Now Lying" next to the % number.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    There's a certain... depressive mindset to it myself? When I boot up Warframe it's a task that my brain is capable of processing into an experience I know and can handle. To boot up a new game requires a certain amount of focus and commitment that I'm not emotionally ready to tackle, even if it's a game I enjoyed and played a lot of years ago.

even than I play Warframe almost entirely singleplayer to avoid the same concept in interacting with other human beings and their expectations and letting people down

I usually played Warframe with multiplayer on, but I just treated the other players like bots. It's not like the game was very difficult or required teamwork, so it was easy to do

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    wcfvHVah.png

Probably a bit late to the party when it comes this particular secret character in Vampire Survivors but Sammie's an absolute beast in gold-making.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I only get cheevos deliberately if I really like playing every part of a game so much I desperately want another goal to give me an excuse to keep playing.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

The rare absolute perfect last shot.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    huh the lies of p demo ain't even bad

my expectations were not super high; i'm pleasantly surprised

• Options
    Finally got around to picking up Roadwarden, and damn it's good. Just absolutely oozes atmosphere, and the writing does a great job of making me feel alone and like there's danger around every corner, and that every choice I make is fraught with importance (even if it isn't).

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Finally got around to picking up Roadwarden, and damn it's good. Just absolutely oozes atmosphere, and the writing does a great job of making me feel alone and like there's danger around every corner, and that every choice I make is fraught with importance (even if it isn't).

Oh those choices definitely are fraught with importance.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkcO6sBt6rI
    Trouble Juice is a Side Scrolling Shooter Roguelike set in a TV show tournament that is broadcasted across the universe. Use your character's special abilities, and unlock prizes in the Achievement Bingo. Become the ultimate champion and earn your place in the galaxy's hall of fame!
    20230619 TROUBLE JUICE (Horror Action Roguelike Twin Stick Shooter 2D)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1BbUXiAoik
    In "Immortal Tales of Rebirth," an action RPG fusing fantasy , play as a struggling young master, tame spirit beasts, uncover lost martial arts & hidden realms, and challenge ancient divine beasts. Discover secrets & hidden events for rewarding experiences. Dive into this thrilling adventure!
    20230619 Immortal Tales of Rebirth (Early Access Martial Arts Action Roguelike Loot )

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular

When I read that I didn't think you meant 'exactly' exactly.

It honestly looks like a mod.

Last pint: Ridgeback Red / Block 15 - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I wonder if the idea for it was originally just a licensed star trek DLC for stellaris. And then they decided they wanted it to be a standalone game instead.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    It's no Birth of the Federation but I'll give it a spin.

Since it's apparently by a different dev I will laugh if it gets better development support than Stellaris, but chances are it'll get maybe a few patches tops before being abandoned.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maybe since its own standalone thing they'll fuck with it a little less

I like Stellaris but every time I open the game it's a totally different product

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    I'm not sure how they could support it MORE than Stellaris given that game puts out a big meaty patch ever 3 months or so, plus like $30-40 worth of expansions every year.

EDIT: Like, I have never seen a game studio go "hey, this small DLC we put out six years ago is kind of anemic compared to our current offerings, so we're going to go back and add a bunch of new features to it free of charge."

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    what are the chances of me re-downloading stellaris,
    spending 16-20 hours playing and re-learning everything,
    and then get to a midgame where it's revealed that all the other factions are stagnant and essentially the game stalemated itself before anything interesting could actually happen

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »

Oh those choices definitely are fraught with importance.

Well now I'm going to be agonizing over every choice even more, so thanks for that lol

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    and then get to a midgame where it's revealed that all the other factions are stagnant and essentially the game stalemated itself before anything interesting could actually happen

i wasn’t aware anything else could happen in stellaris

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 are now available DRM free on GOG, and they're all on sale for $5-$7 a piece or all 7 for $34

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023

They did add some more mid and endgame stuff that will force a shakeup, but y’know, it’s still Stellaris

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Stellaris is a game I understand to have sold fifty fuckzillion copies with an average play time of 2500 hours and which sucks mega shit and nobody likes

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    This is all I know about Stellaris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gJw1KeOkH4

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
This discussion has been closed.