Options

[NBA] Boston Title Party

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited June 28
    Atlanta was a couple mil over the 1st apron, so ditching Murray for a six pack of diet Coke and pocket lint keeps them able to sign/trade during free agency.

Meanwhile, Pelicans hard-capped themselves with the trade.
    Because New Orleans aggregated the salaries of Larry Nance Jr. and Dyson Daniels, they are now hard capped at the $178.7M first apron.

Murray has $1.5M in unlikely bonuses that count toward the apron.

12 players under contract.

Below tax: $2.6

Below 1st apron: $8.5

Both figures include the Murray trade bonus.
    https://x.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1806828622482907360

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    We will probably see a strong resurgence of teams with cap space getting players and picks for free, because teams no longer in contention need to dump salary to get away from the really harsh penalties.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Isn’t the owners son the gm ? Are we sure he isn’t just incompetent?

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 29
    The proof of incompetence is that they didn't trade Murray sooner when it was clear he didn't make their team better.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Dlo opts in to his last year

Lakers fans are convinced they can trade him to the magic for… our starting center . Even though if we wanted him we could have just paid him and lost nothing.

• Options
    RELtasticRELtastic Registered User regular
    There's a certain segment of the Lakers fan base that believes they are entitled to plunder the league at their whim. The real problem is, historically, they aren't all that wrong.

• Options
    edited June 29
    https://x.com/ShamsCharania/status/1807084604592955419

LeGm opting out which isn’t a surprise but it’s official. Straight from the klutch mouth piece.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Paul George is opting out , please go to Philly or something don’t want him on Orlando .

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Lebron should take a massive pay cut so they can improve the team.

He already has more money that Jesus.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Lebron should take a massive pay cut so they can improve the team.

He already has more money that Jesus.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40458795/sources-lebron-james-opt-eyes-new-deal-lakers
    Shortly after James officially opted out, his agent, Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, explained his client's thinking.

"He is prioritizing a roster improvement," Paul told ESPN on Saturday. "He's been adamant about exuding all efforts to improve the roster."

Paul said James would be willing to work with the Lakers on signing a deal below the maximum three-year, $162 million he is eligible for to open up the full $12.9 million mid-level exception to sign an "impact player."

The type of player that James would be willing to make a financial sacrifice for would be an established veteran playmaker like James Harden or Klay Thompson, or an established big man to play alongside Anthony Davis -- like Jonas Valančiūnas, sources told ESPN.

If the Lakers are unable to entice a player of that ilk to come to L.A. for the MLE, James will seek the max, Paul told ESPN.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    LeGm back on his bullshit.

• Options
    Signing any of those three just makes them more LeOlde and probably not better.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I bet they sign Klay

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Klay at the MLE is absolutely worth but he's probably getting higher offers. He's washed but he's not Washed

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Klay at the MLE is absolutely worth but he's probably getting higher offers. He's washed but he's not Washed

I would not take that bet

He was legit a bottom-5 player for a month or two last year

• Options
    Detroit hires bickerstaff as their head coach,

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »

I would not take that bet

He was legit a bottom-5 player for a month or two last year

He put up 18 on 43/38/92, someone is going to take a swing.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I don't think a good team will, because Klay folded in the playoffs. He was good enough in the season, but if he can't succeed when there's pressure why get him?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    It is categorically insane to argue that Klay Thompson, 4x NBA champion, is somehow a playoff choker

Like yeah he was kinda shit at times last year, but saying "oh he can't perform under pressure" is just... lmao?

He's just old as shit and on a downswing, but even last year, his literal worst year ever, he shot 38% from 3. Put him on a team where he can get open looks and he should do well enough

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Klay would do great in Dallas, just do nothing but spot up for 3.

• Options
  • Options
    edited June 30
    Free agency officially starts in a few mins (6pm EDT).

https://www.nba.com/players/free-agent-tracker/2024

Harden resigning with Clips. Warriors waived CP.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    KCP to Magic, Kevin Porter Jr to Clips, Westbrook possibly to Denver.

• Options
    Pretty happy with kcp, just need a pg. Hopefully black develops like the front office expect

• Options
    Cade got his max extension. Wonder how long until he is traded if the team doesn’t show signs of life.

• Options
    edited July 1
    The Los Angeles Clippers have announced that Paul George has decided to sign with another team. The Philadelphia 76ers are expected as leading suitors.
    https://x.com/ShamsCharania/status/1807572492501836209
    Chris Paul plans to sign with the San Antonio Spurs, sources confirm to ESPN.
    https://x.com/kendra__andrews/status/1807574121360027772
    Free agent center Jonas Valanciunas has agreed on a three-year, $30 million deal with the Washington Wizards, sources tell ESPN.
    https://x.com/wojespn/status/1807575377457336724

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Embiid is so godsdamned cursed

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i mean it can’t be worse than tobias right?

right?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I mean it will be better before he gets his yearly injury.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I think backing up Embiid could be the best possible usage of Drummond.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    was when we got him a few years ago. literally all the sixers need their backup center to do is get rebounds and not be a ghost of paul millsap level turnstile.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Why did Valanciunas not resign with the Pelicans? Are they so cash-strapped that a 3-for-30 deal wasn't possible?

Despite this being my favorite team, I haven't followed them that closely over the season, so I don't know their financial situation and if Valanciunas even was a good fit with them. Just wondering, because 3-for-30 sounds entirely too reasonable for this league.

• Options
    Making room for Murray, innit?

• Options
    edited July 1
    Mavs basically swapped Dennis Jones Jr for Naji Marshall, who near as I can tell is pretty much the exact same player?

DJJ was cool as shit and great for us last year so I'm sad to see him go, but hey, free agency gonna free agency and Marshall seems pretty solid

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Also I guess Paul George to the 76'ers officially happened while everyone was sleeping, so that's the biggest FA move done and over with (unless Lebron actually does go out for milk and leave his kid in LA)

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Free agent Tobias Harris lands with the Detroit Pistons on a two-year, $52 million deal, sources tell ESPN. An ideal fit on the floor and in the locker room for a young, developing roster.
    https://x.com/wojespn/status/1807781650052403353

• Options
    Harris is gonna take them to the next level of completely underwhelming their promise

• Options
    Hartenstein to the Thunder for 3/$87

• Options
    RELtasticRELtastic Registered User regular
    Hartenstein's deal is also reportedly front loaded with a team option on the third year, just when Jalen Williams and Chet will be up for their extensions. Whew. The vapors.