• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited July 1
    Thunder and Sixers both making some great moves

I’m including Harris being signed by Detroit as a great move for the Sixers

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Harris was good last time he played for the Pistons so I'm going to imagine being in Philly was the problem.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    There will be no expectation so I’m sure he will be fine.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Sometimes I hate being right.
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Klay would do great in Dallas, just do nothing but spot up for 3.
    Full ESPN story on Klay Thompson landing with the Dallas Mavericks on a three-year, $50 million deal

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1807885942776115645

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited July 1
    Boston either has no idea the second apron exists or flat out doesn't care because look the fuck out:

Boston Celtics and star Jayson Tatum have reached an agreement on a five-year, $315M supermax extension with a player option that is the largest contract in NBA history.

https://x.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1807891972494897286

The Judge on
    Last pint: Ridgeback Red / Block 15 - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Second apron or no, when you win the title, you dont leave dollars on the table for your best player who is 26 years old.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The Celtics also announced they’re up for sale, so much of this also seems like a “we got our title, that is now someone else’s mess to potentially clean up”.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    They also gave Derrick White a 4/$126 extension

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Boston either has no idea the second apron exists or flat out doesn't care because look the fuck out:

Boston Celtics and star Jayson Tatum have reached an agreement on a five-year, $315M supermax extension with a player option that is the largest contract in NBA history.

https://x.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1807891972494897286

Wait... didn't Tatum already get paid? I could have sworn he and Brown already got Supermax extensions.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited July 1
    boston's tax bill is going to be absolutely eye popping. derrick white is worth more than that too, idk why he's giving them a discount.

looking at it, i think their tax bill alone might be 400 million dollars from just current contracts in 2 years after the repeater kicks in? that feels impossible. their yearly payroll might be near an actual billion dollars.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    They also gave Derrick White a 4/$126 extension

He had the best on/off rating in the league last year

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited July 2
    Oh it's definitely deserved, just that it's another big contract they're handing out. Makes sense though, 2nd apron doesn't hit as hard when you've already assembled a championship quality team.

Carpy on
  • Options
    Mitchell extends for 3 years . Was that really all the years he could have gotten ? Seems short

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    The Celtics also announced they’re up for sale, so much of this also seems like a “we got our title, that is now someone else’s mess to potentially clean up”.

I'd also look at it as "don't you want to pay top dollar for a championship team that still has it's core vs having to build the team and it not go right ala Phoenix".

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    I think they're trying to get the Saudis to buy it because they know they'll overpay.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Mitchell extends for 3 years . Was that really all the years he could have gotten ? Seems short

Four was on the table and he chose three with a player option. Four was the max because his most recent rookie extension still had two years left.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    I think they're trying to get the Saudis to buy it because they know they'll overpay.

Boy, then do the cities of NYC, Washington DC, and Western , Pennsylvania deserve to hate viscerally hate them forever.

Being that the House of MBS were the ones who attacked those cities on 9/11.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Something I forgot, Mitchell went with three because after that he'll be a 10-year veteran which makes him eligible for an extension at 35% of the salary cap.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    https://x.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1808148574426796369

Teams with considerable cap space still remaining.

• Options
    Sorry to all you hopeful teams, Bol Bol is re-signing with the Suns.

• Options
    How are the Sixers under lol!!!

Embiid, George, and Maxey!

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    haven't signed maxey yet. it's agreed in principle but they're waiting to spend the rest of the money before they actually sign the deal because his cap hold is less than the extension.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Mo is resigning in Orlando . Think this ends the off season for the magic outside the rumored Issac restructure .

• Options
    Is that 7-to-10-day-moratorium on signing deals at the beginning of free agency not a thing anymore?

• Options
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Is that 7-to-10-day-moratorium on signing deals at the beginning of free agency not a thing anymore?
    June 30: Each NBA team may begin negotiating with all other upcoming free agents (beginning at 6 p.m. ET)

July 6: Each NBA team may begin signing free agents to contracts (12:01 p.m. ET)

• Options
    Just In: The Golden State Warriors are in serious talks on a sign-and-trade deal to acquire Buddy Hield, league sources tell
    @ TheAthletic @ Stadium. Warriors and 76ers have been in deep discussions, working to finalize the deal for one of the NBA's best three-point shooters.
    https://x.com/ShamsCharania/status/1808351511354716657

• Options
    edited July 3
    I think that’s the richest second round contract ever. At the very least 3 years guaranteed for a second round pick is something I’ve never seen before.

Edit- so I was totally wrong and it’s just a normal contract

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Warriors get Hield for a handshake and coupon.
    ESPN Sources: Free agent Buddy Hield is joining Golden State on a sign-and-trade deal guaranteed for two years and $21 million. Hield gets $18M in first two years, a $3M partial guarantee in 3rd year and player option on non-guaranteed 4th year. Warriors send Sixers 2031 second via Dallas.
    https://x.com/wojespn/status/1808932735819657226

• Options
    Franz got the rookie max . 225 which looks big but should be a good deal as the salary cap grows.

• Options
    Just read an article on a German newssite about that deal. 5 years, $225 million.

His brother got a 2 year, $27 million deal.

Kinda wild difference.

Also, the article mentioned that the deal Franz Wagner got is nearly the same money Dirk Nowitzki got - during his whole 21 year career.

• Options
    It’s just what the rookie max is , Cade and Barnes got the same.

• Options
    I take a perverse amount of pleasure in seein the heat become worse.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    or23tcv00psl.jpeg

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    byz4j0kmiouk.png

Gonna miss Barnes, but this should be fun.

Kings also got Monk back for less than he probably would have gotten elsewhere. Wonder if there's any other moves coming.

• Options
    I'm guessing that partly factored into the DeRozan trade.
    Sacramento Kings No. 13 pick Devin Carter is expected to undergo left shoulder surgery next week, sources tell
    @ TheAthletic @ Stadium. Carter’s status at the start of next season is in question, but he is fully expected to make a full recovery with no long-term issues.

https://x.com/ShamsCharania/status/1810041709323039065

• Options
    https://youtube.com/shorts/EA5PBlqesfQ?si=A1tDcz1Enx5VuntX

Summer workout videos are pointless and dumb… EXCEPT when my teams players do it , then they are about to be super stars!

• Options
    This year is the year Ben Simmons makes 200 3s! I'm sure of it!

• Options
    This is the year Ben Simmons is the highest-paid player in the league on a per-minute basis. If the over-under on his games played is higher than 30 I'd be astonished.

• Options
    I'd agree, except the highest paid player in the league on a per minute basis is almost certainly going to be someone with like 1-5 minutes. Those small denominators man, they'll get ya.

• Options
    I mean he barely plays as well . And with his inflated salary he has to be one of the true contenders for such a dubious award.