Options

Wembly is selling out the [Wrestling] thread

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    If someone decided to punch me in a workplace I really fucking hope they'd be removed from the company, not leveraged against me with "but c'mon, the company could make so much money"

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    Jesus they are going to hit 80k minimum

kenny king, brody king, kilynn king, jerry the king lawler, king haku, king sheamus and king booker CONFIRMED as getting the best seats

Zavian on
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    If someone decided to punch me in a workplace I really fucking hope they'd be removed from the company, not leveraged against me with "but c'mon, the company could make so much money"

does AEW really have no HR or rules or anything? because yeah, physical assault should be immediate termination. if thats what really happened, then AEW is even more of a shitshow than ECW back in the day. I guess TK really does want to be the next vince mcmahon if that's the type of thing he's letting happen

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »

does AEW really have no HR or rules or anything? because yeah, physical assault should be immediate termination. if thats what really happened, then AEW is even more of a shitshow than ECW back in the day. I guess TK really does want to be the next vince mcmahon if that's the type of thing he's letting happen

The rule is "the company is run by a billionaire with no management experience and he keeps making exceptions for this one asshole he likes despite all reason"

He shouldn't be coming back, yes, but when it comes down to it what can talent who don't want to work with this guy do but ride out their contracts?

Steam
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I started listening to ThRoH the Years and it's fun to remember the weird cards in the beginning.

Unscripted having a tag team tournament where all the tag teams that have competed in the company being eliminated in the first round by thrown together tag teams is very funny.

They also talked about who you would consider the top ten most important wrestlers in RoH history which is very interesting to me.

1. Bryan Danielson
    2. Samoa Joe
    3. CM Punk
    4. Low Ki
    5. Christopher Daniels
    6. Austin Aries
    7. Roderick Strong
    8. AJ Styles
    9. Kevin Steen
    10. Amazing Red

• Options

People died from overdoses in ECW and everybody was addicted to drugs, so it's not more of a shitshow than ECW.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

I believe this is part of the problem that blew up a while back where it was revealed that Tony was literally personally overseeing everything, leading to some people/things just getting zero attention if he didn't have the time or interest. He started hiring management types after that.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

Part of why people get the feeling Punk is/thinks he's untouchable and there's a lot of truth to this brand split thing specifically to get around working with him anymore is because the All Out incident stuff happened in front of their chief legal officer, to their executive VPs, after Punk shit-talked their roster (and Tony for enabling them) in front of Tony, and wasn't fired immediately after, let alone half a year after

• Options

Part of why people get the feeling Punk is/thinks he's untouchable and there's a lot of truth to this brand split thing specifically to get around working with him anymore is because the All Out incident stuff happened in front of their chief legal officer, to their executive VPs, after Punk shit-talked their roster (and Tony for enabling them) in front of Tony, and wasn't fired immediately after, let alone half a year after

While Tony may be a decent booker he has proven to be a dogshit manager several times in AEW, with the Jaguars, and with the football team his family owns.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    I started listening to ThRoH the Years and it's fun to remember the weird cards in the beginning.

Unscripted having a tag team tournament where all the tag teams that have competed in the company being eliminated in the first round by thrown together tag teams is very funny.

They also talked about who you would consider the top ten most important wrestlers in RoH history which is very interesting to me.

1. Bryan Danielson
    2. Samoa Joe
    3. CM Punk
    4. Low Ki
    5. Christopher Daniels
    6. Austin Aries
    7. Roderick Strong
    8. AJ Styles
    9. Kevin Steen
    10. Amazing Red

raven
    raven
    raven
    raven
    raven
    raven
    raven
    raven
    raven
    pco

7656367.jpg
  • Options

While Tony may be a decent booker he has proven to be a dogshit manager several times in AEW, with the Jaguars, and with the football team his family owns.

Weirdly it seems like being very very rich because of your dad doesn't teach you basic management skills

Steam
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    The saddest thing for me is that we'll get one (maybe two if we're good boys and girls) women's match during a fucking commercial break a week now. And it'll probably be another Jade squash match, this sucks. Be curious to see who's willing to be on the same show as Punk-ass I guess.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    The saddest thing for me is that we'll get one (maybe two if we're good boys and girls) women's match during a fucking commercial break a week now. And it'll probably be another Jade squash match, this sucks. Be curious to see who's willing to be on the same show as Punk-ass I guess.

At the very least while Tony is accommodating Punk it'll be easy to know which show to watch, as I assume we'll hear one or the other's bookings in advance and be able to guess which one is the quarantine zone for the week

Steam
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Some of the standards this thread is trying to set for punishing "abusers" and such just doesn't gel with putting a bunch of wrestlers in a locker room. Immediately firing anybody who gets into a fight would see both Sammy and Eddie Kingston shitcanned long ago. Instead they settled it amicably like professionals and like men. They owned up to their mistakes, took responsibility and probably grew a bit. The fact that CM Punk can't be as emotionally stable and mature as Eddie Kingston and Sammy Guevara speaks volumes to what the real problem is.

To that point it's going to be real funny when less and less people want to work the CM Punk side of the roster.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Omg this Hardy Compound match lol

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Instead they settled it amicably like professionals and like men.

confused-squint.gif

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Instead they settled it amicably like professionals and like men.

confused-squint.gif

They apologized to each other. If you've seen the AEW All Access it was like...a normal adult conversation. Nobody was bitten, nobody threw a chair at a dog...

Now obviously it's a reality TV show so that throws into question the legitimacy of some aspects of the way they squashed their beef but it is pleasantly shocking to see a lack of toxic masculinity from THOSE two dudes of all people. I mean I've been watching Eddie Kingson blow up at people and throw hands at CHIKARA shows since I was in high school and Sammy has been almost trying to catch up to him in terms of HR violations and yet they both proved to be more mature than Charles Montgomery Punk.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    How do women settle arguments professionally, I wonder

Steam
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular

2dzg2rd3kz7k.jpg

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular

Swordfights on top of cliffs

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

Judging from AEW All Access it's also about complaining to Tony Schiavone

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options

Like grown-ass women.
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Judging from AEW All Access it's also about complaining to Tony Schiavone

Or yes, they don't because this is still wrestling we're talking about here.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular

Let me tell you about this show called Vanderpump Rules

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    actually the dumbest shit ever IMO is the fact that if they managed to actually get people to act professionally, AEW would have a major hot angle to work off of; but people not actually willing to work together in real life and not draw huge houses and paydays is really dumb

These are all people in their late 30s and 40s acting like this too.

Bret and Shawn were younger and got along enough to work matches and Shawn was fucked up on drugs and Bret was drinking a ton on the road doing that.

I'm... not so sure they were?

I started watching in 1995, my first WrestleMania was XII in 1996, and I seem to recall them really pushing that Shawn was a "young athlete" of about 30, and Bret has eight years more on him.

Unless you mean before that, in which case Bret was still over 30 for a while there. But yeah, they did do business... until they didn't.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    WWE should do more shows in other countries* because not only is the crowd hotter the production and set design is so much more interesting when they can't just load trucks full of LEDs and have the same setup in every city.

*Technically an unincorporated territory of the United States that should be given full statehood.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
  • Options

Jesus, they've barely gestured at who is even going to be on the card.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    WWE should do more shows in other countries* because not only is the crowd hotter the production and set design is so much more interesting when they can't just load trucks full of LEDs and have the same setup in every city.

*Technically an unincorporated territory of the United States that should be given full statehood.

Fairly sure the barrier here is ocean and not geopolitical boundaries.

• Options
    AEW doesnt pay it's wrestlers part of the house gate? If true, that's pretty shitty of AEW

• Options
    AEW doesnt pay it's wrestlers part of the house gate? If true, that's pretty shitty of AEW

Not really because gates aren't the money maker anymore its tv rights. They get paid whether people show up or not. The way people got paid in the past was bad.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    wade barrett perfectly pronouncing rengoku is going to live in my head a while

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Ok, that drone fly-in opening was pretty great.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    This crowd is hot.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    wade barrett perfectly pronouncing rengoku is going to live in my head a while

He wishes he could hang with Tengen and his 3 wives.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
This discussion has been closed.