Options

Wembly is selling out the [Wrestling] thread

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I just want to see if Punk can improve his speedrun and do the whole cycle of debut, title feud, injury, meltdown within a month this time.

Actually if he could get fired the same night he debuts, that would be the best outcome.

Worst case scenario I think he can struggle through to Wrestlemania before getting mad he's not main eventing.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Give me Punk and Cody losing a triple threat to Roman in the main event when the Rock makes the save, then refuses to show up again for any buildup until their (theoretical) main event next Wrestlemania, leading to a massive tantrum from Punk. And, I don't know, Cody decides to wrestle with one entire leg in a cast, just to show how dedicated he is (to continuing to lose to Roman for another year).

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Give me Punk and Cody losing a triple threat to Roman in the main event when the Rock makes the save, then refuses to show up again for any buildup until their (theoretical) main event next Wrestlemania, leading to a massive tantrum from Punk. And, I don't know, Cody decides to wrestle with one entire leg in a cast, just to show how dedicated he is (to continuing to lose to Roman for another year).

Yea pretty much

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Man Im so confused why WWE is so scared that NXT would lose to Dynamite.

Now teasing fucking Taker?

They're still fighting the Wednesday Night War.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2023

Seriously, I can't believe that Rhea Ripley and Paul Heyman had a verbal confrontation and Rhea was the clear winner. I didn't think she had much more room to be elevated, but she left that segment a bigger deal than she entered it.

She's money, she's a force, she's on track to be "face of the company" level... and she's in her mid-20s.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Can’t wait for Punk to do a Saudi show

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I cant wait for him to main event night one of a buy one get one free extravaganza for the secondary world title.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    The only upside to Punk returning to WWE for me would be maybe opening the door for AJ Lee to make a one-night-only Royal Rumble appearance. Because it feels like that's something she would have wanted to do back in the day but never had the chance. Not sure what her feelings about it are now, though.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    only interesting use of punk in wwe would be if he jobbed to rollins

but i could see vince just jobbing him out to roman like everyone else

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »
    only interesting use of punk in wwe would be if he jobbed to rollins

but i could see vince just jobbing him out to roman like everyone else

That might almost make people care about that title Rollins has.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    If it's true what the commentators say, and you can't substitute wrestling with any amount of other training: then:

Has Roman's cardio gone to hell?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    If it's true what the commentators say, and you can't substitute wrestling with any amount of other training: then:

I dunno, when he wrestles he sure as fuck doesn't seem to have lost a step or anything.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Andy Joe wrote: »

I dunno, when he wrestles he sure as fuck doesn't seem to have lost a step or anything.

His last match was 1) two months ago and 2) not particularly well-received, so I'll continue to have my doubts.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

OK, real talk. Is that girl alright? Because that looked nasty.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Yeah I personally love the look of full sprint shotgun dropkicks like that, but I always wonder what the injury risk of taking them is. But then again I dunno how much more impact taking one of those is compared to just flopping on the mat or taking a powerbomb or some other shit.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    People shit on Punk because they're right to and it's funny but I wouldn't say he NEVER had a successful run. His WWE tenure proved that guys from that turn of the millennium indie scene could work in WWE and paved the way for Danielson and Rollins and everybody else only us weirdos who were watching CHIKARA and PWG back in the day knew about. He was absolutely a catalyst for changing things from OVW and FCW guys who wrestle like default create a wrestlers to the way things are now. The Batistas and Cenas stand out from the crowd as home grown talents because they are a rarity. For the most part it was generic tall guys wrestling the Mid-Atlantic style running training drills. Lock-up, Irish whip, drop down, leapfrog, cross body, yawn because it's not the 1950s and this isn't an exciting new take on anything and both guys are linebackers or bodybuilders who move at the speed of smell. By comparison Punk hit ECW and was immediately on par with some of their most exciting young talent like Kofi Kingston and light years ahead of all the second and third generation stars WWE was pushing.

But he's also a victim of his own success not only because money activated his obnoxious douche gene but because now every roster is filled top to bottom with workrate workhorses who can drop pipebombs of their own. There has been a literal generation between when CM Punk started wrestling and now. It's one thing to be a dick about being the best in the world and another to be a dick in a world where a lot of people are better.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Ahhh, money seems to be quite the epigenetic trigger for all kinds of irritating genes.

• Options
    Punk was a dick before, it was just he was a dick to people nobody liked so it was funny.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    He was a dick before, he was never a constantly-paranoid one until WWE sent him his termination papers the exact day and location of his wedding

That feels like I'm blaming them for his behavior but honestly it's a complete night and day in personality change between before that year and after that year that I don't know what else could have possibly caused it so suddenly. Paranoia wasn't a big thing for him before that, and now it's part of every big move of his

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Ricky and Big Bill beat FTR for the belts so I guess Aussie Open was ment to win before the big man broke his wrist mid match at Wrestle Dream?

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    On the Fastlane preshow they just showed Jade arriving & meeting HHH.

Is... is she skipping NXT?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    That's the funniest outcome, so I hope so.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    i don't think they really delineate between main roster and nxt much anymore, so i wouldn't read into it

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Huh. Was not expecting that finish. Doesn't feel like something that will last very long, though.

• Options
    well damian is cashing in and winning tonight

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • Options
    Guessing that first match is setting up Priest cashing in tonight

• Options
    okay i popped for carlito

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    okay i popped for carlito

I had no clue where the mystery partner thing was going. A new face/call-up wouldn't have realistically held weight vs Lashley/Profits, but I couldn't think of anyone else to fit the bill. Guess Backlash went even better than it seemed.

• Options
    i was hoping for psicosis, juvi, or chavo personally

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    the only people who rival cm punk as people who are the biggest cm punk marks

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Stardom has had some of THE most contact and solid wrestling I've seen all year. Also one of their champions does everything in their power to not wrestle, it's great.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    Charlotte doing her terrible moonsault moments after Iyo Sky is pretty bold!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    So did FTR have to drop the titles because FTR Gun has upcoming legal problems? Or was it just time?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

You've seen the best, now behold the worst!

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

CM Punk hasn't signed yet.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

CM Punk hasn't signed yet.

Kinda sad a 60+ year old Terry Funk was more graceful.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    John Cena playing Ricky Morton is an odd call but the correct one.

This discussion has been closed.