As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting Game Thread] Tekken 8: Father issues? No it's a whole Hardback Trade.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Just playing Adon's theme every match

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj85KIRhFic

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Man with Korone liking the SF6 demo and Max and Sajam trying out the HoloLive fighter, this is one of the weirder confluence of two of my interests that has happened. Hell of a time to be alive.

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Man with Korone liking the SF6 demo and Max and Sajam trying out the HoloLive fighter, this is one of the weirder confluence of two of my interests that has happened. Hell of a time to be alive.

WearingglassesReynoldsEtiowsaFencingsaxMunkus Beaver
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Co-op cup is live, probably the coolest tournament with the best format in existence:
    1ST ROUND (10:30am - 3:00pm JPN time)
    86 teams split to 26 blocks of 3 + 2 blocks of 4.
    26 3-teams blocks will be played in round robin format.
    2 4-teams blocks will be played in double elimination format.
    28 block winners advance to the 2nd round.
    28 block runner-ups go to Play-off A.

2ND ROUND (3:00pm - 4:30pm JPN time)
    28 1st round block winner teams split to 7 blocks.
    7 blocks will be played in single elimination format.
    7 blocks winners advance to TOP 8.
    21 remaining teams go to Play-off B.

PLAY-OFF A (4:30pm - 6:00pm JPN time)
    28 1st round block runner-ups will pick only one player from their team to enter this round.
    28 represented players will play a single elimination tournament.
    The player who wins this 28-men tournament will carry his team to Play-off B.

PLAY-OFF B (4:30pm - 6:00pm JPN time)
    22 teams (21 teams didn’t win 2nd round + 1 Play-off A winner) will pick only one player from their team to enter this round.
    22 represented players will split to 3 blocks to play a single elimination tournament.
    Top 3 players of each block will enter round robin final league.
    The player who wins this 3-men final league will carry his team to TOP 8.

TOP 8 (6:00pm - 9:00pm JPN time)
    7 2nd round block winners + Play-off B winner will play a single elimination top 8.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/21l2fXDTCXI

Super funny people are trying to avoid explicitly negative language around holofighter cause it would technically be directed at an actual person (and to avoid the darker side of parasocial relationships targeting them)

Just imagining someone like "Man Luke is kawaii af"

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i guess that’s the danger of doing a fighting game with real (?) people (?) ‘s online entertainment personas.

new forum battles when?

Kristmas KthulhuMunkus BeaverDocshiftyFencingsax
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Oh I'm surprised people didn't notice that cause I saw it during the closed beta.

It reminded me a lot of GG's tension system in that you're rewarded for "aggressive" action(moving forward) and vice versa.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    in this case it seems to most reward standing neutral, then equally reward walking forward and back, and least reward jumping

BahamutZERO.gif
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    in this case it seems to most reward standing neutral, then equally reward walking forward and back, and least reward jumping

Uhhh, walking forward recovered much faster than anyone else.

Of course, if you start attacking, hits will also recover pieces (my presumption is the same amount a block would take off, but have no idea)

BroloKristmas Kthulhu
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh doy you're right, not sure how my brain swapped those two labels' positions

BahamutZERO.gif
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    oh doy you're right, not sure how my brain swapped those two labels' positions

To be fair, the first time I watched the meters from the right and was confused as to why they weren't filling

Catboy who does warcrimes reveal at 6pm pst on gamespot.com

Also some MK news at 6am tomorrow.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I like how both companies are courteous enough to make their announcements 2 weeks before SFVI

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    this motherfucker got spell slots like he playin D&D

this motherfucker got spell slots like he playin D&D

He reminds me of Nine the Phantom and Dr Strange.

acpRlGW.jpg
    visually him and bedman? back to back really show off how much more comfortable they are in their engine

Kevin CristBahamutZERODrovekmysticjuicer
    edited May 2023
    as i think was assumed, mortal kombat is a soft reboot in the new timeline where liu kang is a god

Mortal Kombat 1

pre-order for Shang Tsung dlc

september 19

based on the FAQ it looks like Assists will be a new gameplay component, named Kameos

I needed anime to post. on
    Attack and dethrone Lui Kang.

acpRlGW.jpg
    mysticjuicerZonugal
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Asuka R# has so much swag holy shiiiiiiiit

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
    Drovek
    So I was wondering how they would pick between Liu Kang's ending and Shang Tsung's ending and I'm guessing they did the multiverse thing where you have a timeline where both of them won.

edited May 2023

Capcom released some details for CapCup

To note CapCup Prize Pool is

1st: 1 million
    2nd: 300k
    3rd: 200k
    4th: 100k
    5th: 10k(it goes all the way to top 16 but I only wanted to show the severe drop-off at 5th)

As far as qualifiers go
    Tha

Online 1v1 tournaments held in 18 regions worldwide.
    The winners of these regional tournaments will all earn a spot at Capcom Cup X.

OfflineThree offline 1v1 tournaments, including the EVO Championship Series.
    The winners of these tournaments will all earn a spot at Capcom Cup X.

World WarriorFive open tournaments will be held in each region where players can earn points for participating.
    The five regional events will culminate at a regional final featuring the top eight players from the local leaderboard.
    The winners of these regional finals will all earn a spot at Capcom Cup X.

Last ChanceOffline 1v1 tournament held just before Capcom Cup X. The winner of this tournament will earn the last spot at Capcom Cup X.

So there are 48 total slots for Capcup

What I gather was

Online = 18

Offline = 3 tournaments + Evo + Evo Japan = 5

World Warrior = 18

LCQ = 1

(That's only 41 so I'm guessing some regions will have extra online events)

This is very interesting I'm guessing now there are only 4(5 if you count LCQ) tournaments where you are guaranteed a slot for winning. Everything else is a leaderboard system.

Also so many slots being regulated to online is interesting to me. On one hand it will give people who can't travel a chance to compete. On the other hand it will have to be heavily monitored.

Interesting stuff nonetheless

Dragkonias on
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Starter guide for Asuka!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5hHDLCNZLI&ab_channel=arcsystemworks

It's a little longer than usual.

Kevin CristBahamutZERO
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited May 2023
    @ 5:22

I'm too fucking stupid for this shit. I'm going back to sword and punch ladies.

EDIT: I didn't get that the little numbers were the quantity of each spell in the set. I understand now, but probably still not a character for me.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Damn, he's Nine on catboy steroids

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    SF6 open beta available on PS5 for download, server isn't up yet though.

acpRlGW.jpg
    it's very funny that they don't even bother listing all the spells. they're just like "fuck it dude, look it up on your own time."

PeewiEtiowsamysticjuicer
    As expected, servers are being hammered. I'll try again later in the morning.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Drovek
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    Ugh, the SF6 Beta is not recognizing my controller at all.

The demo had no issues whatsoever (it's XInput) but here it's not picking up anything.

EDIT: Fixed. Apparently windows had completely "forgotten" about my stick for some reason between yesterday and today.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • PeewiPeewi I edited this in 2024 I edited this in 2024Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Ugh, the SF6 Beta is not recognizing my controller at all.

The demo had no issues whatsoever (it's XInput) but here it's not picking up anything.
    That's weird. I'm using my old 360 stick in the beta with no problems.

edited May 2023
    Damn...Kombat Pack 1 spoiled already lol

We don't even know the base cast(but we at least know some of who won't be in now)

Dragkonias on
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    Damn, I hadn't felt this excited about a fighting game in a while. SF6 really does push my buttons in both positive and negative edge.

Edit: Playing Ken for the beta, but really want to get to play Lily and Marisa.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
    Fencingsax
    I'm just happy I'll have options soon.

I am at the point where I don't really want to play anything that doesn't have good online anymore.

So my only real options are MK11, Strive, and a slew of fighters that only 100 people play consistently.

Drovek
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I'm hoping the SF6 open beta is like the last SF5 beta and they unlock more characters before the end of the weekend because I really miss playing a grappler.

Also, you can definitely tell who's been grinding the cracked beta. Like, really tell.

• EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    idk how to effectively use half her moves, but chun li is real fun

Fencingsaxtemplewulf
    I'm chunning for Beta, I think

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I didn't think it would bug me this much since it's a beta and not the full release, but I really want to not be at work right now so I can play Street Fighter. How're the servers doing with the East Coast folks home from work/school/whatever?

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    Fencingsaxtemplewulf