As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting Game Thread] Tekken 8: Father issues? No it's a whole Hardback Trade.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Can't decide if I want to jump in and see where I land with Juri or bumble around with Cammy and Lily first.

Debating getting the current gen Hori fightpad, since the Dpad looks like it might be more merciful for how I use my thumb (place the join on the middle, rock), but I've seen much more mixed opinions about it in general and that dpad in particular.

There's a part of me that thinks what I really want is like, an analog stick but gated. Or a arcade stick that's concave and grippy on top so I can use my thumb. Weirdo shit.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I love outfit two for both Marisa and Manon. Manon's Outfit 1 was just too plain looking to me, her Outfit 2 really feels like the over-the-top diva she seems to be. Suit Marisa is just amazing.

DrovekOdinmysticjuicerBroloFencingsax
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    That whooshing sound you just heard was Kimberly shooting up the ranks of characters I'm likely to try on day one. Jesus that's a cool look. I'd have practiced her in the open beta if I had known!

Not actually feeling Marisa B as much as I would have guessed if you had described it to me. I'll probably stick with the default on her.

I'd like to see a pigtails-and-pants combo for Cammy someday, but I'll happily take the the SF6 default look over...that.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    God, Juri's look in SF5 suuuuuucked.

jungleroomxPerrsun
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    God, Juri's look in SF5 suuuuuucked.

Yeah I'm hammering through learning her in SFV right now and ugh

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    IDK. Juri has always been edgy, goth waifu character for foot fetishists so it seemed like a natural progression.

FencingsaxDyvim Tvar
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Her original outfit was always the best.

jungleroomxEtiowsaFencingsaxPerrsun
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    As for Marisa I like everything any her outfit except the shoes.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I liked her battle outfit in SFV. Too normal to ever be a default costume, though.

Fig-DjungleroomxAvalonGuard
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    IDK. Juri has always been edgy, goth waifu character for foot fetishists so it seemed like a natural progression.

In my time in SFV shaking the rust off

Kage is Edgelord Certified and my god do I not like fighting them

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Razer has a new (unannounced) leverless controler at the launch event, apparently will be announced tommorow

FxgzCJXXwAAk6E-.jpg

bloodyroarxx on
    DrovekFencingsaxCantido
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    As for Marisa I like everything any her outfit except the shoes.

Mostly don't like that she keeps the "bangs" with the new hairdo. Doesn't feel like it fits much, even if it's part of the character style.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • PeewiPeewi I edited this in 2024 I edited this in 2024Registered User regular
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    SF6 Guile is nice, but Classic Costume Guile is iconic.

Also, Classic Costume Cammy is totally banned from tournaments. There's no way they allow that on ESPN 3.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I remembered I did in fact played vanilla SFV on PS4, so I'm good on the bonus stuff.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

Just a heads up to everyone: you need to go through that page and "sign up" for it at the end, it's not automatic.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Got SF6 pre-ordered and downloaded on my Series S. Not sure who I'm gonna play but my eye is currently being drawn to the big beef; Gief and Marisa.

DrovekmysticjuicerCruor
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i like my hitbox but that razr thing looks pretty good primarily because it seems to be thin and light. supposing it doesnt cost 9000000 dollars I might have to go in

Drovek
    I'm on the "tried to save a couple bucks and got it on IndieGala" train, complete with support channel that just became SF6 General.

Still a few hours before unlock time here, so not complaining just yet.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Got my email from fanatical

Drovek
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    I just starting watching Maximilian's new video on Street Fighter 4, and it reminded me of C.Viper.

I'm honestly surprised she never made it into Street Fighter 5.

DrovekBroloPeewiFig-D
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Woo, I was able to unlock the game early on Steam with a VPN! With this extra 10 hours of practice Evo will be a breeze.

Drovek
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    Woo, I was able to unlock the game early on Steam with a VPN! With this extra 10 hours of practice Evo will be a breeze.

Reported timezone breaker to CapCops, they are scrambling rapid response elimination squads to your location, scum.

Kristmas KthulhumysticjuicerjungleroomxLucedes
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Hey I don't street fighter but I just saw a picture of Marisa and that hair-as-ancient-greek-helmet thing is the stupidest and best character design thing I've seen in a while and it's really gonna stick with me okay bye

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    BrolojungleroomxmysticjuicerMortal Sky
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    So. Just in case you run into some silly shit, picking World Tour and Fighting Ground after starting game might give you a weird "downloaded content is not available" message. Turns out the game doesn't tell you it's still getting stuff, so you gotta wait for it to finish. It's mostly what's driving the negative reviews on Steam.

Wearingglasses on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Should I buy sf6

And which platform PC or series x?

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    SF6 is neat! It's got stuff that's not just for the hardcore fighting game dude - a single player Create a Character thing, and Modern controls for easier execution, and some weird modes. But you can always download the demo first and see if it's to your liking.

DrovekFencingsaxtemplewulf
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Deans wrote: »

Tempted to blow a free trail on this when I get home from work, but I'd only be saving 3 and a half hours in which time I should also cook dinner, clean up, and get some laundry going.

Still tempted though.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    This is concerning

After MK11 launched people criticising its grind basically got them to reduce the grind needed by like 90%, so hopefully the same happens here

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I haven't played sfv in so long I had completely forgotten my capcom ID name is Salman Rushdown lol

Kristmas KthulhuCruorOdinFencingsaxEvil MultifariousButtersDyvim TvarLucedes
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    It doesn't sound as bad as MK11 even post patch.

It should be noted that his 18 hour playtime is not 18 hours of grinding Ryu rep. Is getting all character costumes going to take a lot of time? Absolutely. But guides and what not are going to come out highlighting what gifts characters like and where they come from within a couple days after release. You'll still need to play World Tour using each character's style so expect to spend a few hours doing that, but you can treat lot of that as training mode time until you get to the tougher CPU fights.

I think the game drip feeds you some premium currency too but I can only find articles on the Chipotle promotion so maybe not. If you do participate in the Chipotle promo, that's 5 costumes right there. First wave ones, anyway. I anticipate future costumes will be more costly.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    he played for 18 hours not knowing costume unlocks were even a thing. i have a feeling if you really want the costumes it will not take that long

DrovekFencingsax
    edited June 2023
    Yes but ok let’s say it only took him 2 hour to grind ryu, which based on his description is way low balling it, that’s still a lot for one costume. And yes it’s apples to oranges, MK11 you could unlock a lot of costumes far quicker, but only if they were available in a tower. I’m not trying to say which is better, they’re different scenarios, it’s just concerning and I hope if it is a slog they lessen it if it gets criticised the same way mk11 did

It depends on how much if that time is spent specifically trying to gain reputation or whatever

Also do we know how many other costumes there will be and how you get them?

Prohass on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Yes but ok let’s say it only took him 2 hour to grind ryu, which based on his description is way low balling it, that’s still a lot for one costume. And yes it’s apples to oranges, MK11 you could unlock a lot of costumes far quicker, but only if they were available in a tower. I’m not trying to say which is better, they’re different scenarios, it’s just concerning and I hope if it is a slog they lessen it if it gets criticised the same way mk11 did

It depends on how much if that time is spent specifically trying to gain reputation or whatever

Also do we know how many other costumes there will be and how you get them?

Money

mysticjuicer
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    do the costumes give you more damage or better frames

Dyvim Tvar
    edited June 2023
    See that bums me out. I’m fine with the occasional money only costume but only if there’s a fair amount of costumes available in game, even with a grind

Prohass on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    There are more Chun Li skins in street fighter 5 than any League of Legends character

Fencingsaxmysticjuicer
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    do the costumes give you more damage or better frames

I can't believe they aren't cosmetic only