As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting Game Thread] Tekken 8: Father issues? No it's a whole Hardback Trade.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Turns out Capcapom did learn its lesson. Unfortunately, they learned it from Dead or Alive.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    Drovek
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Hey, that's not fair.

In Dead or Alive you could get 71 costumes and a new playable character for that price.

Kevin CristDrovekLockedOnTargetBlackDragon480Dyvim TvarAndy Joe
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Cheatbox has arrived.

ldoy74619293.png

KreutzDrovekph blakeKamarAvalonGuard
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »
    I purchased Skullgirls, Melty Blood Lumina and one of the BlazBlues for Switch over Thanksgiving, for less than half of the cost of those costumes. Entire fighting games, mind you.

Had the costumes been $2-3 I might've grabbed 2 or 3. Maybe more if bundled.

At this extortionate rate I'd rather just spend that money on Under Night (and maaaaaaybe Tekken 8) than support Capcom's BS.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    I'd probably have paid $30 for all of them, but as is I'll at most get two (Kimberly and Cammy) and maybe not even them.

On a different note, jeez, Kimberly's colors for outfit 3 are almost all hideous. What a waste.

Kamar on
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    Honestly, when they were announced I liked a lot of them and felt they would bring some nice novelty to the game. Now that the prices are announced I find myself struggling to find many I care enough about, even for my main. Had it been something like 10$ total I might have bought them, but at 6 each I can’t find many that I like enough to bother.

I was foolish enough to hope they could be bought with drive tickets.

Drovek
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Costumes were never gonna be $10 for all of 'em. Even in V premiums were $4 a pop.

But I am surprised there is no bundle. Cynic in me says they probably gonna wait until set 4 to do it so they can get the whales first.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    OdinmysticjuicerBlackDragon480jungleroomxKwoaruagoaj
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CMQOKRhpc_s

Now you're thinking with portals.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Something about it felt weird, and then I went and paused it

ypfbpmagq0ba.jpg

This man has 3 knees.

DrovekPolaritieEtiowsaFencingsaxLucedesgtrmp
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I do like the portals/tentacle/horror from beyond thing they've got going on with him. This might sound glib, but I'm really looking forward to the eventual complete edition. I only say that because I'm not really into playing NRS games against other people while still enjoying the setting and how stupid the narrative gets.

I just can't justify MK1's cost for how I'm going to play it.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    Perrsun
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Mortal Kombat looking stiff and weird seems pretty expected TBH, the games have always looked like a very distinct sort of bad

I ate an engineer
    DrovekMunkus BeaverReynoldsSageinaRage
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CMQOKRhpc_s

Now you're thinking with portals.
    I really enjoy that thumbnail making it look like Quan-chi has a massive weird dick.

M A G I K A Z A M
    Fig-DBlackDragon480KamarCruorAndy JoeDyvim TvarLucedes
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yes it's true your honour. quan chi has no dick.

BlackDragon480
  • Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited December 2023
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Something about it felt weird, and then I went and paused it

This man has 3 knees.

Maybe it's not a single Quan Chi. Maybe Quan Chi is opening portals to other dimensions, tapping other Quan Chis on the shoulder with his foot, and then alternate dimension Quan Chis are kicking the opponent.

Also in some dimensions Quan Chis are made of tentacles.

Edit: Quan is short for quantum. I've cracked the case

Airking850 on
    jungleroomx
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Quantum Chimney

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Mortal Kombat looking stiff and weird seems pretty expected TBH, the games have always looked like a very distinct sort of bad

I swear I've seen a youtube analyzing game animation, and they just use NRS' games as stuff that is awkward and stiff

The next Guilty Gear character will be announced at the Game Awards

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Random thought:

Do you think Ed will have motion controls for his classic mode, and his SFV moveset be translated into Modern? Or will Capcom retain him as Easy Streets?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    The next Guilty Gear character will be announced at the Game Awards

probable leak of the character I saw:
    it's Elphelt

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Snake, try to remember the basics of CQC

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    That new stage is cool, some kind of empty arena with a giant version of the TWT trophy in the background?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    Random thought:

Do you think Ed will have motion controls for his classic mode, and his SFV moveset be translated into Modern? Or will Capcom retain him as Easy Streets?
    They'll very likely want to keep the Modern control l layout consistent among characters.
    As far as Classic, would be strange to take away the unique aspect of his play style. They'd probably want to change the button-mash special to something else though, since they changed the other ones for Honda/Chun/Blanka.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Does Tekken still have stages where you can lose by getting knocked out of the arena?

Brolo wrote: »
    Does Tekken still have stages where you can lose by getting knocked out of the arena?

Nope, that's more of a Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter thing.

Some have breakable walls/floors that let you extend combos though.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    BlackDragon480Dragkonias
    as far as i'm aware, tekken has never had a ring out stage

edited December 2023
    It has not. With Tekken's corner carry and the victim's lack of air control, ring outs would be exceedingly easy/common.

Fig-D on
    BlackDragon480TransporterDragkonias
    Speaking of ring outs, my roomate and I have been playing Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown and damn that game is fun as shit

Really hope Sega announces a new one tomorrow at The Game Awards, that would be cool

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Dragkonias
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Speaking of ring outs, my roomate and I have been playing Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown and damn that game is fun as shit

Really hope Sega announces a new one tomorrow at The Game Awards, that would be cool

I think it was leaked that they're working on a remake of 3tb, but it's a Japan only arcade cabinet thing.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Hm, I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong with my connection or my system or if I'm getting bad connections that don't look like bad connections in SF6. I sometimes feel like I'm getting scooped up off the ground early or not getting wakeup invincible DPs I should or timing things late in general, and today at least once I tried to open with Juri's OD projectile and got beaten by another OD projectile. I've also seen people teleport once or twice.

Connection pretty much always looks like 40-50ish ping, 0f rollback, but I dunno, it's stuff that feels like a bad connection.

T-bolt wrote: »
    Random thought:

They'll very likely want to keep the Modern control l layout consistent among characters.
    As far as Classic, would be strange to take away the unique aspect of his play style. They'd probably want to change the button-mash special to something else though, since they changed the other ones for Honda/Chun/Blanka.

So the moves he has are:

- Psycho Spark+Shoot (punch + projectile) - MP, MP
    - Psycho Knuckle (dash punch) - hold HP
    - Psycho Flicker (1,2,3!) - button mash
    - Psycho Upper - PP
    - Psycho Rising - KK
    - Psycho Snatcher (V-Skill 1)
    - Psycho Swing/Smash (V-Skill 2)

Spark/Shoot seems like it can stay, Knuckle too since we already have held moves that change properties (not sure if the changes are as big as Psycho Knuckle tho)
    Flicker does seem like it will move to the QCB slot as you mentioned, given how the mash specials are all there
    One of Upper and Rising would need to change, but since Upper is a bit more memetic iconic, Rising might be given a DP command. (Or down down, like Tensho Kicks)
    Snatcher might be moved to the QCP slot, if it makes it (maybe Spark / Shoot's projectile loses its range and this becomes Ed's long range option of choice)
    No idea if Swing / Smash makes it or gets relegated to follow ups from Flicker / Knuckle

Ed's V-Trigger 1 could be his Level 2? Not sure if there setup / shenanigan supers at level 1, mostly they're damage / reversal stuff.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    NRS games have come a long way also I don
    ph blake wrote: »

My hope is that Virtua Fighter is announced/does well, game devs realize people still like 3D fighters...and we get Soul Calibur 7.

... I'm playing the long game.

I feel like the next VF is still a ways off, and the real hope for Soul Calibur is Tekken 8. Bandai Namco isn't interested in taking that risk unless their premier 3D fighter is doing gangbusters like T7 did.

I think the previous Soul Calibur did poorly enough that we might honestly be more likely to get an entirely new Bamco fighter than SC7

Maybe they're in Namco's "good enough for crossovers" box that Capcom also has, although theirs has Darkstalkers instead.

• AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    They could probably announce rollback for SC6 and maybe a last hurrah balance patch, and that would be a much better use of resources than a full sequel.

edited December 2023
    Yeah SC6 was realized around the time where people were starting to get tired of delay-based netcode which didn't help it(hell I only played for a month myself cause the online and matchmaking was so bad)

Hell if 6 just got rollback I'd take that too.

Dragkonias on
    AvalonGuard
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Hm, I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong with my connection or my system or if I'm getting bad connections that don't look like bad connections in SF6. I sometimes feel like I'm getting scooped up off the ground early or not getting wakeup invincible DPs I should or timing things late in general, and today at least once I tried to open with Juri's OD projectile and got beaten by another OD projectile. I've also seen people teleport once or twice.

Connection pretty much always looks like 40-50ish ping, 0f rollback, but I dunno, it's stuff that feels like a bad connection.

Are these wired or wireless connections? I got this a lot with "great connection" wi-if players, to the point that I simply do not accept matches with them anymore.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!