As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    I know we have a Zelda thread, but I will say that so far Tears of the Kingdom hasn't captured me like BoTW did. Case in point, I can't stop playing Advance Wars. I mean Advance wars is my favorite portable series of all time, so I do have that bias towards it, but every time I go to pick my switch up and I have half an hour, I'm playing AW, not Zelda.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I cant play TotK for just half an hour, I will get stuck in a loop of one more things. Oops, up til 1:30 AM last night...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Made it to Mor Ardain in XC2. So this is where the game has been hiding all the good field music.

*starts finally vibing*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx3AbguQZHU

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I know we have a Zelda thread, but I will say that so far Tears of the Kingdom hasn't captured me like BoTW did. Case in point, I can't stop playing Advance Wars. I mean Advance wars is my favorite portable series of all time, so I do have that bias towards it, but every time I go to pick my switch up and I have half an hour, I'm playing AW, not Zelda.

That's funny because I feel like TotK is better for me. Lots of fixes for the things that annoyed me about BotW.

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    I finally beat BotW last night after 70+ hours in it, and still left a *ton* unfinished. Part of me wants to jump right into TotK but I also want to wait for it to go on sale (lol). I'm thinking I'll get back into Hollow Knight and make some progress, but I'm kinda itching for an RPG.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I finally beat BotW last night after 70+ hours in it, and still left a *ton* unfinished. Part of me wants to jump right into TotK but I also want to wait for it to go on sale (lol). I'm thinking I'll get back into Hollow Knight and make some progress, but I'm kinda itching for an RPG.

A break might be sensible. TotK is very much BotW but MORE. Going straight from one to the other feels like a recipe for burnout.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I've barely played TotK, because my wife has the annoying habit of leaving the game paused in mid-game while she charges her Switch, so I can't take the cartridge out when I do have the opportunity.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying my BotW run immensely, finding things I never saw in my first run, but it feels like I'm seeing more *yet* am taking longer to find enough shrines for the Master Sword. I can't remember how I pulled it off last time.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Holy shit the Live A Live boss music fucking slaps! Why didn't anyone tell me!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

We did. Constantly. Megalomania is a certified banger.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options

I'm on a car trip right now and it makes me want to get out of the car and fight people.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

I'm on a car trip right now and it makes me want to get out of the car and fight people.

Thatโ€™s just the standard human reaction to traffic.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/50Khnf80P7M

Interesting points he makes here about broad vs niche. I get to watch how my daughter is going through this process right now.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    A new Dragon Quest Monsters game is in development for Switch. Let's hope this one gets a western release.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Gah, my joycon sticks are kind of... "grindy"? Idk why, I see no dust on them or anything

should I get some, what do they call it, electronics lube?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    So my son's switch no longer displays to a TV when you hook it into a dock. Has anyone had this happen before? It still charges and I know the docks work because mine still works.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    So my son's switch no longer displays to a TV when you hook it into a dock. Has anyone had this happen before? It still charges and I know the docks work because mine still works.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

No, seriously, look up how to force a hard shutdown with the power button and try again. I had this happen once and that sorted it.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hold down the power button for much longer than you think you could possibly need to to force it to shut down, like 15-20 seconds, then turn it back on and see if that helps

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

No, seriously, look up how to force a hard shutdown with the power button and try again. I had this happen once and that sorted it.
    hold down the power button for much longer than you think you could possibly need to to force it to shut down, like 15-20 seconds, then turn it back on and see if that helps

Just tried that and it got further... Now the light comes up on the dock but that's it. Still no picture.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    Try to clean out any dust from inside the USB-C connectors, on the dock as well as the Switch. You might need a small electronics vacuum. (Or maybe compressed air will work, but that might just blow it in harder....) I did just have a similar problem with a best buy dock where cleaning things out got the picture working again.

There are cases where enough of the USB-C connector is damaged that dock connections break down even though charging is still possible. Although you can buy replacement parts, if you don't know someone handy with soldering, you might be best off with asking Nintendo to repair. (just make sure your saves are backed up and don't give them your SD card!)

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    one other thing to check, do you have (i think its called) CIC where your inputs auto switch to a device that gets powered? Like if you have a tv with a fire stick and then you plug in the switch to the dock does it auto bring that up? You may want to manually force the input change just to make sure its using HDMI 1, 2, or 3.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech ๆฉŸ็ŸฅใซๅฏŒใ‚“ใ ใ‚ณใƒกใƒณใƒˆใฏใ“ใ“ใซใ‚ใ‚Šใพใ™ Registered User regular
    My brother has his switch hooked up to the TV . He uses the pro controller to turn the switch on but the TV will not go to the channel HDMI 3 when he does. It's random when does though

• Options
    edited May 2023
    LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    For UK folks Diablo 3 Eternal collection is ยฃ22 on amazon! Less than half price compared to eshop.

• Options
    I appreciate all the responses here. The issue is that my son has a bit of a temper and when we ask him to turn off his Switch he usually gets upset and slams it into the dock. So I wouldn't be all that surprised if he damaged it. It just feels weird that it charges fine but doesn't display lol

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I appreciate all the responses here. The issue is that my son has a bit of a temper and when we ask him to turn off his Switch he usually gets upset and slams it into the dock. So I wouldn't be all that surprised if he damaged it. It just feels weird that it charges fine but doesn't display lol

heated gamer moment!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Different pins on USB ports are used for different things. And add on that Nintendo did some shenanigans with their implementation of the USBC standard and it's not surprising.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Woah.

Yeah, you could get away with that back in the day when you could basically run over a nintendo product with your car and still work but I don't get the impression my switch would last long if I start tossing it around.

These days, lil bit of dust gets in all my analog sticks and they just start half assing it.

When I was a kid, I would bury NES cartridges in dirt in the backyard and then dig them out a few days later and it would be fine.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2023
    I posted board games in the board game thread as well but I'm clearing out space and getting some extra bucks for medical bills(Stg 4 Brain Cancer) so if anyone wants switch games let me know and I'll get a shipping estimate. After this I should have a link in my signature (this is approved from mods/DJ Eebs from a few weeks ago).
    0r5s1fe9pmaw.jpg
    x6zcowb4r4dn.png

TimFiji on
    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
      I posted board games in the board game thread as well but I'm clearing out space and getting some extra bucks for medical bills(Stg 4 Brain Cancer) so if anyone wants switch games let me know and I'll get a shipping estimate. After this I should have a link in my signature (this is approved from mods/DJ Eebs from a few weeks ago).
      0r5s1fe9pmaw.jpg
      x6zcowb4r4dn.png

Wait, do you have the cancer or someone you know? Regardless, fuck cancer. ๐Ÿ˜”

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Options
      TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
      Woah.

Yeah, you could get away with that back in the day when you could basically run over a nintendo product with your car and still work but I don't get the impression my switch would last long if I start tossing it around.

These days, lil bit of dust gets in all my analog sticks and they just start half assing it.

When I was a kid, I would bury NES cartridges in dirt in the backyard and then dig them out a few days later and it would be fine.

I will always remember one of the first youtube videos I ever watched.

https://youtu.be/RoD6zzd35mc

Though I guess some guy dropped a Switch from a drone onto a parking garage and it still worked, so who knows.

• Options
      edited May 2023
      0r5s1fe9pmaw.jpg
      x6zcowb4r4dn.png

Me. Glioblastoma (bad) but I have lots of good news with it. Rockstar Cleveland Clinic surgeon was able to do a 100% resection (It was right up against my skull luckily), followed up with Radiation/Chemo, first 2 scans have been clear. I also have some weird mutation that fights against it coming back and genetics show it's very receptive to the chemo so I'm optimistic I can at least maximize my lifespan.

e: Just like CF, sorry for the derail

TimFiji on
      • Options
        0r5s1fe9pmaw.jpg
        x6zcowb4r4dn.png

Me. Glioblastoma (bad) but I have lots of good news with it. Rockstar Cleveland Clinic surgeon was able to do a 100% resection (It was right up against my skull luckily), followed up with Radiation/Chemo, first 2 scans have been clear. I also have some weird mutation that fights against it coming back and genetics show it's very receptive to the chemo so I'm optimistic I can at least maximize my lifespan.

e: Just like CF, sorry for the derail

Yo Cleveland Clinic is the best in the country I swear. My FIL got a heart transplant there. His prognosis from his other doctors was 7-10 years. It's been 15.

• Options
        BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
        Glad to hear you are good now @TimFiji . Cancer sucks. Survivors are awesome.

Cancer can go away forever.

oosik_betsuni.png
        Steam: betsuni7
      • Options

Well I don't know about good now, but definitely good at this moment. Thanks and I agree!. 'tis a shitty disease! I'm sure the thread will be updated if I take a turn downward!

• Options

Well I don't know about good now, but definitely good at this moment. Thanks and I agree!. 'tis a shitty disease! I'm sure the thread will be updated if I take a turn downward!

I will hope that you don't have to post that update. Ever.

oosik_betsuni.png
        • Options
          Woah.

I was with you and hit Agree until I saw that last line.

Wait, what?

• Options
          edited June 2023
          Woah.

Wait, what?
          I just did a lot of really dumb experiments as a kid. Especially in an age without the internet.

"I wonder what happens to this when I do this to it?"

I was a very easily amused child.

Dr. Chaos on
        • Options
          Woah.

Wait, what?
          I just did a lot of really dumb experiments as a kid. Especially in an age without the internet.

"I wonder what happens to this when I do this to it?"

I was a very easily amused child.

Fits your screen name.

oosik_betsuni.png
        • Options
          skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
          This week's eShop update

Switch Retail

Killer Frequency โ€“ $24.99
          Loop8: Summer of Gods โ€“ $49.99 (available June 6)
          Raiden III x Mikado Maniax โ€“ $29.99 (available June 6)
          SENSEs: Midnight โ€“ $14.99 (available June 7)

Switch Download

7 Horizons โ€“ $12.99 (available June 2)
          Aery: The Lost Hero โ€“ $9.99
          Arcade Archives Rolling Thunder 2 โ€“ $7.99
          Baby Phone 3 in 1 for Kids, Puzzle, Animal, Funny, Parent, Coloring โ€“ $9.99
          Best Forklift Operator โ€“ $19.99
          Boxville โ€“ $9.99
          Brain Show โ€“ $14.99 (available June 7)
          Constellations โ€“ $4.99
          Decarnation โ€“ $14.99
          Dreamy Trail โ€“ $4.99 (available June 7)
          Etrian Odyssey HD โ€“ $39.99
          Etrian Odyssey II HD โ€“ $39.99
          Etrian Odyssey III HD โ€“ $39.99
          Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection โ€“ $79.99
          GyroGunner โ€“ $7.20
          Hidden Bunny โ€“ $0.99
          Horse Club Adventures: Lakeside Collection โ€“ $65.99
          Japanese Nekosama Escape the Sweets Shop โ€“ $9.99
          Johnny Trigger: Sniper โ€“ $4.99 (available June 2)
          Kitten Island โ€“ $9.99 (available June 3)
          Kizuna AI โ€“ Touch the Beat โ€“ $34.99
          Korokoro Harley โ€“ $3.00
          Kuroi Tsubasa โ€“ $4.99 (available June 2)
          Laser Brain Puzzle: Classic Logic Arcade โ€“ $9.99
          Last Labyrinth: Lucidity Lost โ€“ $29.99
          Loco Parentis โ€“ $9.99
          LotionSamurai โ€“ $2.99
          Moonleap โ€“ $8.99
          Move the Box: Classic Block Puzzle โ€“ $9.99
          Need for Drive โ€“ Car Racing โ€“ $8.99
          Nocturnal โ€“ $19.99 (available June 7)
          Octo Curse โ€“ $9.99
          Powers of Hex โ€“ $0.99
          Prison Simulator โ€“ $19.99 (available June 2)
          Project Nightmares Case 36: Henrietta Kedward โ€“ $19.99
          Protodroid DeLTA โ€“ $19.99
          Racing Drift Taxi Car Simulator Ultimate โ€“ $9.99
          Slasher โ€“ Sword RPG Impact Simulator โ€“ $8.99
          Sunshine Shuffle โ€“ $9.99
          Super Hero Demolition โ€“ $0.99
          Super Mega Baseball 4 โ€“ $49.99 (available June 2)
          World War: Combat Guardian โ€“ $14.99

eShop Sales

Nintendo eShop sales on Nintendo Switch:
          Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/store/sales-and-deals.

Nintendo Console Codes
          Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
          PM Me if you add me!
          HAIL HYDRA