Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    They could in theory launch the Switch 2 with a new Mario game and rerelease Zelda: TotK (now with improved visuals and all included DLC!) a few months after to keep the launch momentum going. That allows them a solid 1-2 punch of big games right out of the gate, encourages players who never had the Switch to jump on board, and double dip on TotK money.

Oh, I think there will for sure be something Zelda related in the Switch 2 launch window. Just saying it won't be a new game.

In a perfect world the Switch 2 is backwards compatable and remember how bad ToTK ran on the Switch? Well on Switch 2 you can install it and run it at 1080p60!

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    They could in theory launch the Switch 2 with a new Mario game and rerelease Zelda: TotK (now with improved visuals and all included DLC!) a few months after to keep the launch momentum going. That allows them a solid 1-2 punch of big games right out of the gate, encourages players who never had the Switch to jump on board, and double dip on TotK money.

Oh, I think there will for sure be something Zelda related in the Switch 2 launch window. Just saying it won't be a new game.

In a perfect world the Switch 2 is backwards compatable and remember how bad ToTK ran on the Switch? Well on Switch 2 you can install it and run it at 1080p60!

This is my hope, and that it upscales to 4k using some temporal upscaling implementation (FSR2+, DLSS, XeSS) when docked.

It is not a strong hope, this is Nintendo we're talking about.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular

This is my hope, and that it upscales to 4k using some temporal upscaling implementation (FSR2+, DLSS, XeSS) when docked.

Yeah, we really need to temper expectations. The Switch runs on a phone SoC, if it's going along the same lines (and be backwards compatible in the traditional sense) then it'll be a newer phone processor. And there aren't any phone SoC's doing that kind of graphical fidelity and super resolution yet, and I doubt a Switch 2 will be the first.

I think the reasonable expectation is to see late stage PS4/Xbox One level graphics at 1080p60.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Yeah, we really need to temper expectations. The Switch runs on a phone SoC, if it's going along the same lines (and be backwards compatible in the traditional sense) then it'll be a newer phone processor. And there aren't any phone SoC's doing that kind of graphical fidelity and super resolution yet, and I doubt a Switch 2 will be the first.

I think the reasonable expectation is to see late stage PS4/Xbox One level graphics at 1080p60.

I might be in the minority here, but that would be totally cool with me.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    that would surpass my expectations for sure

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So I'm trying really hard to get through a couple RPGs before I get into the Xenoblade DLC.

Tales of Vesperia - I'm not really enjoying this one...but I'm so far into the game I don't want to just drop it...but it has told me that I'm just not a Tales of person I think. The characters, story, or gameplay just don't do it for me. Will be glad to have this one done.

Octopath Traveler - Now this one is the complete opposite...I'm loving this game so very much. I'm almost done with the second chapters of each character. Some of the stories I don't care much for so far, but others are amazing. I'm totally vested in Primrose's and Therion's stories for example.

My only complaint so far in chapter 2 of each person's story is that every boss has henchman with them. It gets very tiring and irritating that I have to manage crowd control constantly while trying to stay alive. All of the boss fights tends to take forever to finish because of this.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

We haven't seen a full new 3D Mario since Odyssey. Gimme whatever the experiments in Bowser's Fury was leading to.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The Mario movie is available digitally now, and after watching it, for some silly reason I'm almost shocked and disappointed there's no "The Super Mario Bros Movie: The Game"

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    See, my son is super excited for Tears of the Kingdom, but I've never been much of a Zelda guy.

But a new Mario...that is what I need. Not sure why we never got another 3D Mario on the Switch. (I know we got Bowser's Fury, but that was just a snack) Hopefully that means we have one in the works for early in the Switch 2 life.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Just as long Chris Pratt does not voice Mario in the video games. I hope we are not going that way.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    He was fine. I love Charles Martinet's Mario voice but it would get real old real fast with the amount of dialog in a movie.

Besides everyone knows Capt. Lou is the only true voice of Mario.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So I'm trying really hard to get through a couple RPGs before I get into the Xenoblade DLC.

Tales of Vesperia - I'm not really enjoying this one...but I'm so far into the game I don't want to just drop it...but it has told me that I'm just not a Tales of person I think. The characters, story, or gameplay just don't do it for me. Will be glad to have this one done.

Octopath Traveler - Now this one is the complete opposite...I'm loving this game so very much. I'm almost done with the second chapters of each character. Some of the stories I don't care much for so far, but others are amazing. I'm totally vested in Primrose's and Therion's stories for example.

My only complaint so far in chapter 2 of each person's story is that every boss has henchman with them. It gets very tiring and irritating that I have to manage crowd control constantly while trying to stay alive. All of the boss fights tends to take forever to finish because of this.

I fell hard for Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube, and I think a lot of that residual affection got me through Vesperia which is pretty damned good but not able to match that first experience.

I generally liked, if not loved, all but two or three of the Symphonia party members, and only liked about half of the Vesperia crew.

On the other hand, Repede is a wolf who smokes a pipe, and the value of that can't be overstated.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I didn't love Vesperia, but I was largely okay with it for the first 20 hours or so... minus Yuri and the party's massive hypocrisy, but I chalked that up to horrendously awful JRPG writing. Then the equipment issues started going from horrible to godawful, and the entire third act of the game is just a massive... what in the ever living fuck was anybody thinking with any of this bullshit?

Symphonia and Abyss were absolutely my jam, minus technical issues, but Tales has gone so far away from that these days that it's nigh on unrecognizable.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular

The Switch is a huge success and Nintendo is at the top of their game. That’s why they’ll pin all their hopes and dreams on the Switch 2 launch title, 1, 2, Switch Two: Featuring Link’s Kingdom Crossbow Training.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The Mario movie is available digitally now, and after watching it, for some silly reason I'm almost shocked and disappointed there's no "The Super Mario Bros Movie: The Game"

They should have made one with real mocap actors in the SFII Movie Game style.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    well the N64 controller went in stock (at least in Canada). So I finally managed to pick that up. Guess i'll be subscribing to the Switch Online expansion pack at some point.

annoyingly, the controller is $64.99 in Canada, and free shipping from Nintendo is at $65. Literally one cent. So because I'm very good with my money instead of paying probably $10 for shipping I bought the SNES controller for $40 as well.

I've done the math. It checks out.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    So just blindly speculating on Zelda things they could potentially drop in a Switch 2 launch window, in order of what would make me the most to the least happy.

1) They could announce some sort of B-team for "smaller" scale Zelda titles. Like in the ballpark of Ocarina of Time or A Link Between Worlds, while the main team continues to focus on BOTW type experiences. Probability: < 3%

2) Proper HD releases of the 3DS remakes. Probability: 5%

3) Finally port the WiiU releases of WW and TP. Probability: 15%

4) An enhanced release of TOTK with some sort of upgrade path. Probability: 20%

5) An enhanced release of TOTK without some sort of upgrade path. Probability: 60%

6) Another Warriors game I won't play. Probability: 90%

Dirty on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I completely forgot Twilight Princess released on Gamecube. Welp, that's my most idiotic post for the week (I hope).

That's the version I still own, left handed Link as the heavens intended. :P

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    A Zelda maker I mean another company did it

• Options
    I would give my left arm for a Xeno Warriors

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    TelMarine wrote: »
    I wonder what insane person will attempt a full Switch collection

Games? Or console editions?

I'm sure there are people attempting either one, and at least one madman attempting both.
    l42nfnnszqpo.png
    Betsuni wrote: »
    well the N64 controller went in stock (at least in Canada). So I finally managed to pick that up. Guess i'll be subscribing to the Switch Online expansion pack at some point.

annoyingly, the controller is $64.99 in Canada, and free shipping from Nintendo is at $65. Literally one cent. So because I'm very good with my money instead of paying probably $10 for shipping I bought the SNES controller for $40 as well.

I've done the math. It checks out.

nmacz5u5q7js.jpg

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    ouchiesouchies Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    So just blindly speculating on Zelda things they could potentially drop in a Switch 2 launch window, in order of what would make me the most to the least happy.

1) They could announce some sort of B-team for "smaller" scale Zelda titles. Like in the ballpark of Ocarina of Time or A Link Between Worlds, while the main team continues to focus on BOTW type experiences. Probability: < 3%

2) Proper HD releases of the 3DS remakes. Probability: 5%

3) Finally port the WiiU releases of WW and TP. Probability: 15%

4) An enhanced release of TOTK with some sort of upgrade path. Probability: 20%

5) An enhanced release of TOTK without some sort of upgrade path. Probability: 60%

6) Another Warriors game I won't play. Probability: 90%

Please remake both Oracle games in the Switch Link’s Awakening style. Please release them both on the same day like the Oracle games did on GBC. It wouldn’t even bother me if they were separate purchases. It would be incredible. They have the assets for most of it. Just do it.

I rather like the idea of smaller projects and updates and ports in between giant releases. Hey, did you like that massive open world game that you sank 300 hours into? Too much of that might wear thin, right? Well here are two adorable little adventures, each one takes about 12 hours. Enjoy!

Edit: what I mean is, throw those on the Switch 2 at release, and it’s different enough from Tears as to not confuse people or burn out early adopters and give them something with a different tone and spin.

ouchies on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    This week's eShop update

Switch Retail

Monster Menu: The Scavenger’s Cookbook – $49.99 (available May 23)
    Puzzle Bobble Everybubble – $39.99 (available May 23)
    Winter’s Wish: Spirits of Edo – $49.99

Switch Download

911: Cannibal – $3.99
    Amaze! Complete Bundle – $5.99
    Apploval – $29.99
    Arcade Archives MAZINGER Z – $7.99
    Battle Kid: Fortress of Peril – $9.99 (available May 19)
    Best Action Games 5-in-1 – $39.99 (available May 19)
    Best Mobile Games 5-in-1 – $19.99 (available May 19)
    Bio Prototype – $3.99
    BlackJack Waifu Tour – $4.50
    Bubble Monsters – $4.99
    Bunhouse – $19.99
    Burger Chef Tycoon Co-op Edition – $6.49
    Convergence: A League of Legends Story – $29.99 (available May 23)
    Cyber Citizen Shockman – $5.99 (available May 19)
    Dark Quest 3 – $18.99 (available May 24)
    Death, Soul & Robots – $4.99
    Despot’s Game – $19.99
    Dig Deep: Complete Edition – $6.99
    Dying Light & Call of Juarez: Gunslinger Bundle – $59.99 (available May 22)
    Farming Simulator 23 – $44.99 (available May 23)
    Find The Pairs: Classic Memory Puzzle – $9.99
    Ghostpia Season One – $19.99 (available May 23)
    Glitch Busters: Stuck On You – $19.99 (available May 23)
    Heartbeat Hospital: Love, Lies, and Betrayal – $4.99
    Hexapoda – $12.99 (available May 19)
    Japanese Escape Games The House – $9.99
    KARGAST – $9.99
    LEGO 2K Drive – $59.99 (available May 19)
    LOUD: RockStar Edition – $9.99
    Love on Leave – $24.99
    Magic Bubble Shooter: Classic Bubbles Arcade – $9.99
    Max Reckoning – A Criminal Thief Story With Shooter & Quest – $11.99
    Mechanic 8230: Escape From Ilgrot – $14.99 (available May 19)
    Murtop – $4.99
    Nightmare Reaper – $29.99
    No One Lives Under the Lighthouse – $11.99
    Rainbow Runner – $19.99
    Torinto – $4.99 (available May 24)
    Unalive 010 – $4.99
    Undergrave – $4.99
    Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun – $21.99 (available May 23)
    Woodland Hike – $4.99 (available May 20)

eShop Sales

Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/store/sales-and-deals.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Mortal Kombat 1 is coming to Switch. No, not THAT Mortal Kombat 1, a NEW Mortal Kombat 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ6eFEjFfJ0

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ouchies wrote: »
    Please remake both Oracle games in the Switch Link’s Awakening style.

I hadn't even thought about that. As someone who made multiple attempts to play the GBC Zeldas over the years, and never crossing the finish line on any of them until the Switch remake of LA, I would very much appreciate the same treatment for the Oracle games. It's the only way I'll ever beat them.

• Options
    edited May 2023
    My gut says the oracle games are unlikely to get more than an emulated rerelease since they are second tier zelda games: capcom made them for nintendo rather than being fully first party like link's awakening. Same with minnish cap and the four swords games. I think the oracles games are every bit as good as link's awakening, but Nintendo plays favorites with this stuff.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

I might be in the minority here, but that would be totally cool with me.

Frankly, most of Nintendo's stuff looks way better than what many much more intensive games dco, because nitnendo actually understands concepts like "Style" and "Abstraction" rather than "This gun has more polygons than an entire map in the previous game!" (an actual quote given about UT3 compared to UT2004).

Honestly, ToTK seems to run pretty well - i've defitnely noticed some chug at points, and there's some pretty gnarly stuff going on with shadows sometimes, but in general it looks great and runs very well - especially where I care about it running well (combat, high stakes movement)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2023

I've mentioned it before, but one of the leaks/rumors for Pokemon was that they were working on a "graphics patch" of sorts to make the game look/run better on the next Switch. And everything else in that leak was confirmed a few days later when the DLC was announced. So I think there's a good chance that's a real thing. If so, yeah, Zelda feels like another one you at least give an optimization patch or something to. TotK probably needs it way less than Pokemon which runs like dog shit (to the point I legit wonder if the game was designed for a Switch Pro that was rumored to be cancelled in favor of the next system outright because I've seen it running on an overclocked Switch and it actually runs kinda great), but there are definitely framerate issues that could be addressed.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Would people rather an Oracle remake that was two full blown full priced games, with the typical complaints on having to buy both for the full experience? Or one full blown remake containing both campaigns, that might stand a good chance of getting a $6.9.99 price tag?

Meanwhile I'm just girding my loins here for when they drop the games on NSO. There ain't gonna be any link cable support you know. And they won't create a special new wrapper to link the games. You can still do everything by password, and luckily they're not substantial passwords, and we now live in a smartphone camera age. Still get ready for some data entry.

...Meanwhile... Golden Sun looms in the darkness...

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Would people rather an Oracle remake that was two full blown full priced games, with the typical complaints on having to buy both for the full experience? Or one full blown remake containing both campaigns, that might stand a good chance of getting a $6.9.99 price tag?

I like the Fire Emblem Fates pricing model. Buying one game gives you the ability to buy the other as DLC for half-price.

Although maybe that worked better when the going rate for physical releases was $40.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »

I like the Fire Emblem Fates pricing model. Buying one game gives you the ability to buy the other as DLC for half-price.

Although maybe that worked better when the going rate for physical releases was $40.

Fates in specific is kind of the worst example of it because of the third episode that was only ever available as either DLC or on a special edition cart that was only sold in limited launch numbers. Now that the eshop is gone your only legal options are to either already have it installed, buy another 3DS with it already installed, or fork over $500+ for a used copy of the special edition.

• Options
    edited May 2023
    fates is also a bad example because the third DLC golden route thing was REALLY dumb
    the bar was pretty low on the story being dumber than the main 2 routes but they went under it somehow

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    fates is also a bad example because the third DLC golden route thing was REALLY dumb
    the bar was pretty low on the story being dumber than the main 2 routes but they went under it somehow

Haha indeed. Although nothing will ever get me like the Nohr campaign "We have to defeat Hoshido in order to save it" ridiculous plot thread because they needed Garon to sit on a magic chair in Hoshido (I wish that was a lie or hyperbole but it's literally the plot). Also the Valla curse that only exists to resolve the issue that any of these problems could have been fixed in two seconds by literally any characters actually bothering to talk to each other (and I still say you could talk around that bullshit curse so easily guys...) or, you know, Corrin being a spinless coward when it comes to standing up to fake daddy. Man that was such a shit story.

I actually forget why the Revelations plot was so bad but I definitely remember that it was somehow worse than the garbage that was the two main campaigns and that's an accomplishment.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Interesting, haven't seen it anywhere but Nintendo sent me an e-mail saying PAC-MAN 99 and DLC will be de-listed ("will no longer be available for download or purchase") in October this year. I don't even have it but that majorly sucks. An all-digital future is gonna be painful for consoles and preserving and maintaining access to games.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    I don't feel quite so bad for multiplayer games featuring 100 player matches, these things have always had a natural lifespan of their own, which has little to do with what medium you are getting the client through. You pretty much need the server code to preserve them, and that's not always easy to give out even for companies that want to. (using embedded tools or hardware owned by other companies, etc.)

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Not to mention that a multi-player game that requires a sizeable player base to function will eventually die regardless of the availability of actual software. Even if you kept the servers up indefinitely, people will eventually stop logging on.

Dirty on
  • Options
    TelMarine wrote: »
    Interesting, haven't seen it anywhere but Nintendo sent me an e-mail saying PAC-MAN 99 and DLC will be de-listed ("will no longer be available for download or purchase") in October this year. I don't even have it but that majorly sucks. An all-digital future is gonna be painful for consoles and preserving and maintaining access to games.

I posted it the other day in this thread. It will still be playable offline but yeah it still kinda sucks.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Frem wrote: »

Fates in specific is kind of the worst example of it because of the third episode that was only ever available as either DLC or on a special edition cart that was only sold in limited launch numbers. Now that the eshop is gone your only legal options are to either already have it installed, buy another 3DS with it already installed, or fork over $500+ for a used copy of the special edition.

I mean, there isn’t a third Capcom Zelda Oracle game, so that seems pretty unlikely to happen with a hypothetical Oracle remaster?

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular

Meanwhile I'm just girding my loins here for when they drop the games on NSO. There ain't gonna be any link cable support you know. And they won't create a special new wrapper to link the games. You can still do everything by password, and luckily they're not substantial passwords, and we now live in a smartphone camera age. Still get ready for some data entry.

...Meanwhile... Golden Sun looms in the darkness...

I have a hard time with the older NES and GameBoy Zeldas, I'd probably pay good money if they gave the Oracle games the Links Awakening treatment and maybe combined them both into one game

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    My gut says the oracle games are unlikely to get more than an emulated rerelease since they are second tier zelda games: capcom made them for nintendo rather than being fully first party like link's awakening. Same with minnish cap and the four swords games. I think the oracles games are every bit as good as link's awakening, but Nintendo plays favorites with this stuff.

Which would be precisely the kind of shame we can expect from Nintendo, since the Oracles reused a lot from Link's Awakening. By making the Link's Awakening remake, they've already done a lot of the work.

But, I mean, Super Mario Odyssey DLC would have been a slam dunk, too, and yet, here we are.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!