Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    If I was a betting man, I'd say an enhanced version of TotK will be ready for launch and include new content. But Dover, they said they put everything they wanted to in TotK. Sure, but they could easily add more to bring in more people for Switch 2.

you'd lose that bet. double dip in under two years? no way.

Never bet against the absurdity of Nintendo's decision making processs.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    If I was a betting man, I'd say an enhanced version of TotK will be ready for launch and include new content. But Dover, they said they put everything they wanted to in TotK. Sure, but they could easily add more to bring in more people for Switch 2.

Speaking of that, are we sure that Nintendo itself knows that they have a really, really good thing going with the Switch and that they shouldn't mess with it too much?

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

So what you are saying is that Nintendo will sell you the "new TotK cartridge" for the Switch Advanced (or whatever they're going to call it) that only has a placeholder for DLC. Then 6 months later sell DLC.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

So what you are saying is that Nintendo will sell you the "new TotK cartridge" for the Switch Advanced (or whatever they're going to call it) that only has a placeholder for DLC. Then 6 months later sell DLC.

Breath of the Wild two pack, but you have to finish the first game before you can access the second.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Well, in at least some cases that BC worked so well because the new system literally had the necessary guts of the old one on board. The DS for instance uses a GBA processor for its sound chip iirc, which meant it ran GBA carts on the original hardware.

Like when the PS2 came out with psx compatibility because the CPU was reused as an I/O controller.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited March 12
    Taramoor wrote: »

Breath of the Wild two pack, but you have to finish the first game before you can access the second.

That reminds me. I'm still annoyed that Nintendo released a "Limited Edition BotW" cartridge in Japan that included all the DLC on it. Wish they would release that here in the States (and not limited, but I'll take whatever at this point). Just part of me wanting all of it on one physical cartridge for when Nintendo shuts everything down.

Edit: I just went looking and apparently they still make it? Dang, now I feel compelled to buy it! Fake Edit: So the Internets say that it will have English language on it. $80ish shipped from Amazon Japan.

Amazon Japan Link

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    The "Xbox One X enhanced" (and PS4 Pro) thing is actually something that other companies ripped from nintendo's playbook because that wasn't a new generation. The One X was the "New Nintendo 3DS" or Nintendo DSi or going all the way back to Game boy days the Game Boy black cartridges were Game Boy Color games that you could also play on the Game Boy. Games patched to run as "one x enhanced" were still same generation.

I was specifically talking about the 360 games that were added to the "One X Enhanced" lineup.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    I'm curious to see what they have Day 1. The Wii and Switch got me with new Zelda games, but there's no way they have anything this soon after TOTK. We're arguably overdue for a new 3D Mario. The current assumption is that Metroid Prime 4 is being held back for Switch 2 (and possibly cross-gen).

ARMS 2

LEGS

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    I'm curious to see what they have Day 1. The Wii and Switch got me with new Zelda games, but there's no way they have anything this soon after TOTK. We're arguably overdue for a new 3D Mario. The current assumption is that Metroid Prime 4 is being held back for Switch 2 (and possibly cross-gen).

ARMS 2

LEGS

It comes with a pair of shoe strap accessories to stick the joycons to your feet.

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    finished Blasphemous 2. much better than the 1st game. They made it less bullshit and less frustrating, and I think it's more fun when it is easier rather than trying so hard to be difficult. They streamlined the upgrades and abilities too and they seem more useful this time around. In the first game, you had a ton of upgrades that felt like most didn't really change things that much. I was going toward 100% but you didn't need it to get the "good ending" so I stopped at 96%, good enough. Highly recommended if you like Super Metroid.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

maybe they'll add a story!

heyyyoooooooo!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    This week's eShop update

Switch Retail

Garden Life – $39.99
    Kingdom Come Deliverance: Royal Edition – $49.99 (available March 15)
    MLB The Show 24 – $59.99 (available March 19)
    PJ Masks Power Heroes: Mighty Alliance – $39.99 (available March 15)

Switch Download

Airport Link: Connect Near Me – $4.99
    Arcade Archives Tank Battalion – $7.99
    Balloony – $4.99
    Baron of Blood – $12.99 (available March 15)
    Block Magic Puzzle – $3.99
    Bottle Tap – $3.99
    Capybara, Ducks, Rats and Bananas Bundle – $16.99 (available March 15)
    CarX Highway Racing – $9.90
    Corbid: A Colorful Adventure – $11.99
    Cozy Hamlets – $5.29 (available March 15)
    Cube Jump Ultimate – $3.99
    Death Trick: Double Blind – $15.99
    Dog Racing: Lovely Pet Friends Paw – $11.99 (available March 16)
    Dreamland Solitaire: Dragon’s Fury – $5.99 (available March 15)
    Dungeon Drafters – $24.99
    English Tracing Book – $3.99
    Eggconsole Ys II PC-8801mkIISR – $6.49
    Escape Game the Abandoned Hospital – $9.99
    Fantastical Mystery Adventure Ultimate Jumbo Jet Murder Case – $39.99
    Finger Soccer League – $5.90
    Greed: The Mad Scientist – $15.99
    Guardians of Time: The Chronicles of Chronos – $5.90
    Gylt – $29.99
    Help Police: Pull the Pins – $3.99
    Highwater – $19.99
    Hot Rider Racing Simulator – $11.99 (available March 15)
    Infantry Attack – $7.99 (available March 15)
    Lawn Mowing Simulator – $19.99
    Lazriel: The Demon’s Fall – $11.47
    Little Racers + Red Wings: American Aces – $19.99
    Lost Lands: Stories of the First Brotherhood – $13.99
    Master Maker 3D Ultimate – $4.99 (available March 20)
    Match Village – $4.99
    Metal Mind – $17.99
    Monster Tribe – $19.99
    Orion Haste – $5.99 (available March 15)
    Paint Rings – $3.99
    Pipe Connect – $3.99
    Pogo Joins the Circus – $9.99
    Pool Blitz – free
    Power of Ten – $11.99 (available March 20)
    Rainbow Moon – $14.99 (available March 15)
    Rainbow Moon + Rainbow Skies Strategy RPG Bundle – $29.99 (available March 15)
    Rebel Transmute – $19.99
    Simple Number: Based Color Sense IQ Test – $8.99
    Sky Runners Infinite: Parkour – $12.99 (available March 17)
    Sniper Rescue – $0.99
    Sphinx: Riddles of the Nile – $9.99
    Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection – $35.01
    The Crystals of Atlantis – $14.99
    The Vale: Shadow of the Crown – $19.99
    Tiny Tales: Heart of the Forest – $14.99
    Truck and Forklift Logistic Simulator – $14.99 (available March 16)
    Unables – $12.99
    Valiant Hearts: The Collection – $24.99
    Wallpaper Wizard: Infinite Backdrops – $4.90
    Warring Universe – $3.99
    Warrior Escape – $3.99

eShop Sales

Continue the MAR10 Day celebration! Play together and share the fun with savings on select digital games featuring Mario and friends like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Party Superstars, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Mario + Rabbids Sparks Of Hope and more! Shop on Nintendo.com or your Nintendo Switch system to purchase and download games so you can start playing them right away. My Nintendo members also earn Gold Points on qualifying digital purchases. Hurry – this sale ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on March 17! For more information and to view the full list of games, visit https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/sales-and-deals/.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    My copy of Kingdom Come was delivered today which marks like the 2nd time ever Amazon has delivered a game to me early.

Had a small download when putting it in but it was not big enough to affect my remaining memory in any noticeable way. Title screen looks nice and such but i need to Finish Astlibra and Samurai Remnant before i move on to a new game.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    What are some good quick local competitive games for the Switch?

Like Mario Kart and Smash Bros are the super obvious examples, a couple people can hop in and race or fight each other in a few minutes. Anything else similar?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular

Like Mario Kart and Smash Bros are the super obvious examples, a couple people can hop in and race or fight each other in a few minutes. Anything else similar?

mario party mini games (not a full board).
    bomberman
    boomerangfu

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

Fast RMX

Ultimate Chicken Horse

Screencheat, maybe

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Puyo puyo tetris
    Quiplash and drawful2 if everyone has a decently charged smartphone.
    Arms

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 15
    Crippl3 on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Oh man, the demo for Unicorn Overlord is terrible. I was having a heap of fun with it, for a few hours, but then it ended and they demanded money if I want to keep playing? Microtransactions are getting so gross lately.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Oh man, the demo for Unicorn Overlord is terrible. I was having a heap of fun with it, for a few hours, but then it ended and they demanded money if I want to keep playing? Microtransactions are getting so gross lately.

Seriously. And $60 for DLC?! Those fuckers done gone greedy!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular

Unspottable is a fun one
    Shipped I picked up for like 80c in some sale and it's very simple but also frustrating and has probably prompted as much yelling among our group at games nights as any game other than Pico Park
    Boomerang Fu has already been mentioned but is fantastic

Both of these more fun with groups of 4+ though (Unspottable good for up to 6 players now, and Shipped up to 8)

If it doesn't have to be competitive, Heave Ho and Pico Park are both great.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    If you have four people, Toasterball is a fun (and cheap) option:

https://youtu.be/V1VOv7vBgbE?si=LsKBD7nsv4Ge6-aM

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    For 2 people, Untitled Goose Game

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

Honestly, i low-key wouldn't hate that if it brought in some of the enhancements etc that Tears had, and maybe let you bring some of the BotW powers/upgrades foward somehow (or rediscover).

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    -

the Capcom Stadium collections have a lot of great 'jump in and play for a few minutes' arcade games, they pretty frequently go on sale for $20 each (you can also buy the arcade games individually, I just got Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 when they were on sale)

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Something strange happened on my Switch home screen. Mega Man Zero X Collection was on the list of recently played games, with the Cloud icon in the description. When I click on it, it notes I need to have the game in order to play it, and takes me to the Shop screen. The Shop screen offers to let me buy the game, which makes sense, since... I never bought this on Switch (I did, unrelatedly buy it on Xbox). How did this get on my home screen? Is this an ad? It's not even on my Wishlist??

To head off an obvious question, I'm the only user on this Switch. Could it be related to my online family plan?

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Switch's haunted <pumps shotgun>

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Cloud icon generally means you bought it but it's not currently downloaded on the system. But yeah, it's probably related to your family plan and whoever else is using it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Per my family plan members, no one seems to have bought this? I'm weirded out...

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    Change your switch online password maybe? That is very strange.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I assume given that you say you are the sole account on your Switch, yet have bought a family plan, means you're doing... something in terms of game sharing with other people? I'd sooner assume your other family plan members just don't know what they're talking about. Like somebody's son bought the game and they don't know or something like that.

Random games don't just show up on your account like that. And I doubt anybody has hacked your account because they'd just change the password outright.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Per my family plan members, no one seems to have bought this? I'm weirded out...

Maybe one of them bought it but doesn't want the rest of the family playing it. 🧐🍷

• Options
    I assume given that you say you are the sole account on your Switch, yet have bought a family plan, means you're doing... something in terms of game sharing with other people? I'd sooner assume your other family plan members just don't know what they're talking about. Like somebody's son bought the game and they don't know or something like that.

Random games don't just show up on your account like that. And I doubt anybody has hacked your account because they'd just change the password outright.

It's not game sharing, it's where you have a set rate for everyone in the group to have Nintendo Online.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited March 15

It's not game sharing, it's where you have a set rate for everyone in the group to have Nintendo Online.

When you set up an account through Nintendo online it also sets up a Switch console as “Home”. You can select “Download” on the website and titles will automatically download to that switch. So you can buy Princess Peach or whatever from work and it’ll be ready when you get back.

If someone who is on your family plan bought the game on the eShop website it could/would trigger an automatic download to the Switche associated with that account. If the game had a free play weekend it could also have the download triggerable through the eShop website. And if someone put the cartridge in it would appear on the Home Screen and stay in the game list until archived as long as it had save data.

You can also go into data management and see if there’s any save data associated with the game as that should have a player profile attached.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular

When you set up an account through Nintendo online it also sets up a Switch console as “Home”. You can select “Download” on the website and titles will automatically download to that switch. So you can buy Princess Peach or whatever from work and it’ll be ready when you get back.

If someone who is on your family plan bought the game on the eShop website it could/would trigger an automatic download to the Switche associated with that account. If the game had a free play weekend it could also have the download triggerable through the eShop website. And if someone put the cartridge in it would appear on the Home Screen and stay in the game list until archived as long as it had save data.

You can also go into data management and see if there’s any save data associated with the game as that should have a player profile attached.

I think this is true only if their account is on the switch. If they're on the family plan but not logged in then it shouldn't auto-display games purchased on there. The free weekend is absolutely true but I feel like you have to go to the eShop and download it first.

• Options
    I solved it... I don't feel dumb like I normally might, because it's silly. So during a browse of eshop stuff (possibly through My Nintendo or a sale listing online), I happened to download free DLC for MegaMan ZX Collection. For some reason, the Switch handles that by grabbing the tile for the game and shoving it into your queue (even if you haven't bought it, which I have not). So it WAS me, but for a dumb reason, and long ago enough, I had no memory of it since last turning on my Switch...

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Awesome, thank you all for the responses! It’s for a work event, so there’s a lot of people and they will be randomly coming in and out of the game room, meaning the number of players isn’t fixed.

Definitely going to look through all of these games, I appreciate it!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Finished Astlibra for the switch.

This might be hands down the most satisfying Indie RPG i have ever played.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    Finished Astlibra for the switch.

This might be hands down the most satisfying Indie RPG i have ever played.

Oh good I was trying to think up a third game I was going to grab for the spring sale and that was ony wishlist, so sounds like we have a winner

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    How is Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown? I see it's discounted on the digital store.