Options

[Xbox] This is the Old Thread. Go to the Shiny New Thread.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    that is almost dead or alive levels of male gaze going on.

Not quite, nobody dethroning that god... but damn.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    The modern vs classic control debate is raging

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

DOA6 arguably dethroned that god already. :lol:

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    It's definitely going to be an issue in online play, I think that was already brought up. Since we never got SF5 I haven't played a Capcom online game since SFIV and I don't know what their usual response is, if it's Blizzard head in the sand ignore it levels of dumb, or Netherrealm levels of fuck you, we'll just make another character specific to counter this one OP hero.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Is there any way to load up the Awards app on the xbox outside of using the xbox itself? I know it's a weird question, but I'm going to be away for a week and didn't know if there was a way to avoid losing my weekly streak.

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    That app only loads on the Xbox itself, no other way to access it. Bing rewards you can access online, but the Xbox rewards part of it is on Xbox only.

The Xbox app on phones had its own points rewards for activities done that are separate from the console one.

However, you have until midnight-ish EST on Monday to complete them - which works if they aren’t check in daily three times like it has been.

I’ve lost a multi-year streak, twice, because of going on vacation. I feel ya on this one. Just recently built it back up to 30 weeks.

Nitsua on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Somebody here never played Termination via Radians Death by Degrees.
    Don't bother, it's a pretty PS2 crap game even if you want to stare at Nina Williams in a bikini for a few hours.

• Options
    Nitsua wrote: »
    That app only loads on the Xbox itself, no other way to access it. Bing rewards you can access online, but the Xbox rewards part of it is on Xbox only.

The Xbox app on phones had its own points rewards for activities done that are separate from the console one.

However, you have until midnight-ish EST on Monday to complete them - which works if they aren’t check in daily three times like it has been.

I’ve lost a multi-year streak, twice, because of going on vacation. I feel ya on this one. Just recently built it back up to 30 weeks.

That's what I thought unfortunately. And the App rewards are peanuts compared to the system rewards so I was hoping not to lose the streak but oh well.

• Options
    SF6 has the old classic costumes available for 1 buck each character (you can get the money currency in game but I thought that was fair). Compared to 10-30 bucks for A skin in Overwatch 2, I was able to easily get Ken, Cammy, Blanka, Guile and Chun Li with the 5 buck token pack.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Can't spell classic without class(y)!

Or without ass, evidently!

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    SF6 has the old classic costumes available for 1 buck each character (you can get the money currency in game but I thought that was fair). Compared to 10-30 bucks for A skin in Overwatch 2, I was able to easily get Ken, Cammy, Blanka, Guile and Chun Li with the 5 buck token pack.

You can also earn those for free in the World Tour mode btw, don't have to pay

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Maybe this is a hot take, but honestly Cammy's new yoga pants design is way cooler. All hail yoga pants

Happy for all those out there who really wanted to see all that up in there though

Anyway, has anyone had issues signing up for Capcom ID? Mine just loops on a recursive window when I hit agree on the EULA popup

• Options
    I had Capcom ID work by doing the QR code, then the initial setup on the phone very slowly, then going from the e-mail link on my desktop to activate it with the microsoft/xbox account.

Sidenote, I hate this QR bullshit games use now, I don't like doing stuff on my phone beyond the basics, wanting me to register and sign up is not what I want to do with smartphone keypad.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Maybe this is a hot take, but honestly Cammy's new yoga pants design is way cooler. All hail yoga pants

Happy for all those out there who really wanted to see all that up in there though

Anyway, has anyone had issues signing up for Capcom ID? Mine just loops on a recursive window when I hit agree on the EULA popup

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/45626900/#Comment_45626900

Lars was talking about it in the SE games thread, might need to link it in a browser and then it should be good in game

• Options
    Just early impressions, but so far it feels like Lily and Marisa are gonna be the cheesemasters, Lily does more damage than her style should do (or you can say she doesn't take enough damage), and Marisa is like Balrog and Zangief combined, especially with her charges.

I'm actually impressed with how clean the controls are so far, I don't feel like I'm being jobb'd like it feels with other fighters this generation.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    You are really tempting me to get it.

Especially as I know I can monster factory this shit.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Aegeri wrote: »
    You are really tempting me to get it.

Especially as I know I can monster factory this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5fPXLAKLlc

Maybe I'm in a honeymoon phase because we finally got SF back on Xbox, and there is a battle pass to the game (but I think you can unlock stuff without ridiculous grind and can even "rent" new heroes later on), but I'm impressed so far, if only because my expectations are incredibly low. But Capcom doesn't feel like they put you in an abusive relationship like other publishers do. So far.

edit: it definitely makes your Xbox a toasty boi compared to other games, the teraflops!

TexiKen on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

Oof, things might be getting ugly out there.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    So they can bypass the CMA order without yanking office, azure, windows, etc? Or are they just going to offer nuclear concessions in the appeals process?

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    shadowane wrote: »
    Is there any way to load up the Awards app on the xbox outside of using the xbox itself? I know it's a weird question, but I'm going to be away for a week and didn't know if there was a way to avoid losing my weekly streak.

Which awards are you trying to get? If it's the ones for playing GamePass games, using Xbox Cloud on your phone works. I also tend to get my daily "play one game" via Microsoft Solitaire on my phone.
    Preacher wrote: »
    The modern vs classic control debate is raging

I haven't gotten to play yet, but I've been interested. Could someone please explain what the difference is?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    I've tried googling and searching reddit with no joy, wondering if anyone here has any tips.

I'm having a slight problem with my series x internet connection.

I think this started after that update with the new power options.

When I start the xbox, it connects to internet just fine, but when I change apps or games the connection doesn't work anymore. Achievements also don't pop when i get them.

For example, turn on xbox, watch something on Netflix and then go back to home and look at the rewards app which won't launch. Or I launch a quick resume game after rewards app, and I'm told I have to be online to play, get kicked back to home and the quick resume point is gone.

The notifications on the front page for the store are blank as well.

I go to network settings, go offline and then go online again, and everything works fine again.

Achievements still don't appear though, and sometimes 5 will appear randomly the next day.

I also have slow download speeds, like 30 mbs, and if I run a network speed test it jumps back up to at least 180mbs.

I've tried clearing caches, local saved games, different power settings and nothing resolves this. The only thing I haven't tried is a wired connection.

I run my Switch off the same connection, no issues.

It's irritating more than anything else, but if anyone has any tips, that would be great.

Raybies666 on
    Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    Raybies666 wrote: »
    I've tried googling and searching reddit with no joy, wondering if anyone here has any tips.

When I start the xbox, it connects to internet just fine, but when I change apps or games the connection doesn't work anymore. Achievements also don't pop when i get them.

For example, turn on xbox, watch something on Netflix and then go back to home and look at the rewards app which won't launch. Or I launch a quick resume game after rewards app, and I'm told I have to be online to play, get kicked back to home and the quick resume point is gone.

I go to network settings, go offline and then go online again, and everything works fine again.

Achievements still don't appear though, and sometimes 5 will appear randomly the next day.

I also have slow download speeds, like 30 mbs, and if I run a network speed test it jumps back up to at least 180mbs.

I've tried clearing caches, local saved games, different power settings and nothing resolves this. The only thing I haven't tried is a wired connection.

It's irritating more than anything else, but if anyone has any tips, that would be great.

That's worrying; you've already done a soft reset (hold the power button down until the machine restarts, and you see the boot screen). You may want to try a factory reset (that's inconvenient, as you'll need to redownload your installed games and apps, though you could "save" them on external USB storage at least). That's a little extreme, but at least it could determine if it's a software issue or a hardware issue.

I would try the wired connection first, if you have a long enough cat5 or cat6 cable; it's possible that there's nothing wrong with your console, but the culprit is data or power saving features on your router. A basic step would also be to run the network test on the console and see if it tells you anything is out of the ordinary.

• Options

Which awards are you trying to get? If it's the ones for playing GamePass games, using Xbox Cloud on your phone works. I also tend to get my daily "play one game" via Microsoft Solitaire on my phone.
    I'm talking about the awards app on the Xbox, not the game pass side of awards. It has a weekly award that, so far at least, has one requirement to open the Xbox awards app 3 times during the week. Without access to the Xbox, I can't open that app.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

That's worrying; you've already done a soft reset (hold the power button down until the machine restarts, and you see the boot screen). You may want to try a factory reset (that's inconvenient, as you'll need to redownload your installed games and apps, though you could "save" them on external USB storage at least). That's a little extreme, but at least it could determine if it's a software issue or a hardware issue.

I would try the wired connection first, if you have a long enough cat5 or cat6 cable; it's possible that there's nothing wrong with your console, but the culprit is data or power saving features on your router. A basic step would also be to run the network test on the console and see if it tells you anything is out of the ordinary.

Thanks for the link, but I did all those tests already and the results are good.

I'm close to the router, so I'll dig out a cable and see how it goes.

I'll go with the factory reset then, I have an external drive hooked up so I can move things around if needs be.

Thanks for the help

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Oof, things might be getting ugly out there.

Can't wait for the young voters of the UK to find they'll be losing Call of Duty thanks to the Tories.

This might do them more harm than Brexit and Covid combined.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    No, see, this is what the CMA always intended! If Activision titles are no longer available in the UK, then all those poor UK devs who are crowded out by Call of Duty could then step up and fill the space will all their untapped creativity just waiting to burst out.

Also, THE CLOUD, probably.

• Options
    edited June 2023

Thanks for the link, but I did all those tests already and the results are good.

I'll go with the factory reset then, I have an external drive hooked up so I can move things around if needs be.

Thanks for the help

Should the problem persist after a factory reset, and that it is not being reproduced on other consoles, all signs point to it being a problem on the router side, which is probably the worst place to have to troubleshoot a problem unfortunately (and furthermore, a wired connection may not necessarily resolve it, as it might deal with network gateway rules, etc.). But at least you can start narrowing down the problem further. Let us know.
    No, see, this is what the CMA always intended! If Activision titles are no longer available in the UK, then all those poor UK devs who are crowded out by Call of Duty could then step up and fill the space will all their untapped creativity just waiting to burst out.

Also, THE CLOUD, probably.

Remember that amazing, mind-blowing hot-take brought to you by none other than yours truly.
    No one, including the British Competition and Markets Authority, can force Activision to release a Call of Duty game anywhere, including the United Kingdom. Unless they somehow convince the United States government to nationalize Activision-Blizzard, an American corporation based in Santa Monica, California, who owns that trademarked property in its entirety, so that they can produce a new title, and hey while you're at it, maybe enforce some semblance of non-depraved workplace discipline, a sensible 40-hour work week and pay those people fair wages.

Don't worry, I'm sure Keir "Friend of the Working Classes" Starmer will get right on it once the Tories lose the premiership! I can see the slogan now, COD or BUST! :D

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Hah, I was randomly browsing through some old achievement lists on my account and came across this glitch:

v5vd04zjyoib.png

I guess it's the earliest date that the XB360's OS supports? Also I have been playing video games for far too fucking long. :lol:

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    From Wiki:
    Microsoft SQL Server (and Sybase) has a minimum date value of 1/1/1753.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    My wife wants to play Diablo 4 and has bought it on the Xbox. So when she returns from Holiday I shall be engaging in some split screen coop with her.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Just early impressions, but so far it feels like Lily and Marisa are gonna be the cheesemasters, Lily does more damage than her style should do (or you can say she doesn't take enough damage), and Marisa is like Balrog and Zangief combined, especially with her charges.

I'm actually impressed with how clean the controls are so far, I don't feel like I'm being jobb'd like it feels with other fighters this generation.

Also seeing a lot of pros online getting more than a little annoyed at Manon's super-fast command grab taking 30% (and more) off at a time

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

I'm talking about the awards app on the Xbox, not the game pass side of awards. It has a weekly award that, so far at least, has one requirement to open the Xbox awards app 3 times during the week. Without access to the Xbox, I can't open that app.

Oh, dang. Didn't even know that was a whole other thing. Sorry I can't be more help there.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options

Thanks for the help

Should the problem persist after a factory reset, and that it is not being reproduced on other consoles, all signs point to it being a problem on the router side, which is probably the worst place to have to troubleshoot a problem unfortunately (and furthermore, a wired connection may not necessarily resolve it, as it might deal with network gateway rules, etc.). But at least you can start narrowing down the problem further. Let us know.

So weird thing here, I have an xbox one in another room that rarely gets used.

I switched it on yesterday and got an update. After that, played a game and got an achievement which popped immediately.

I went back to the series x this morning and got achievements to pop immediately as well! No issues swapping between games or apps either and quick resume is working fine too.

I've done nothing but update the Xbone, and the Series X issue seems to have been resolved.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Hah, I was randomly browsing through some old achievement lists on my account and came across this glitch:

v5vd04zjyoib.png

I guess it's the earliest date that the XB360's OS supports? Also I have been playing video games for far too fucking long. :lol:

I looked up 1753 on Wiki.
    February 17 - concept of electrical telegraphy is first published in the form of a letter to Scots' Magazine from a writer who identifies himself only as "C.M.". Titled "An Expeditious Method of Conveying Intelligence", C.M. suggests that static electricity (generated by 1753 from "frictional machines") could send electric signals across wires to a receiver. Rather than the dot and dash system later used by Samuel F.B. Morse, C.M. proposes that "a set of wires equal in number to the letters of the alphabet, be extended horizontally between two given places" and that on the receiving side, "Let a ball be suspended from every wire" and that a paper with a letter on it be underneath each wire.

Checks out!

Jazz on
  • Options
    Jazz wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »

v5vd04zjyoib.png

I looked up 1753 on Wiki.
    February 17 - concept of electrical telegraphy is first published in the form of a letter to Scots' Magazine from a writer who identifies himself only as "C.M.". Titled "An Expeditious Method of Conveying Intelligence", C.M. suggests that static electricity (generated by 1753 from "frictional machines") could send electric signals across wires to a receiver. Rather than the dot and dash system later used by Samuel F.B. Morse, C.M. proposes that "a set of wires equal in number to the letters of the alphabet, be extended horizontally between two given places" and that on the receiving side, "Let a ball be suspended from every wire" and that a paper with a letter on it be underneath each wire.

Checks out!

The next week saw a letter suggesting two cans and a string to transmit voice across distances.

• Options

Oh, dang. Didn't even know that was a whole other thing. Sorry I can't be more help there.

No worries, I didn't realize it was a whole other thing until about a month ago. Annoying since there are a shitload of points available to you there compared to all the other reward apps. Easily available ones too. Like, the month reward is 2000 points and I'm nearly done with June already. And keeping a weekly streak alive awards a lot of points too. I just wish there was a way to access the awards app in the cloud, but there doesn't seem to be.

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    It seems like they want to make sure that the Xbox specific actions and points remain on Xbox only. Makes sense in a way. They give many ways to get points outside of the Xbox app, but the ones in there really add up.

Using that, and all the other methods, I’ve not had to ever pay for Gamepass Ultimate and have purchased games straight out, or made them about 50% cheaper, even on launch day. Though because I have a tendency to preorder very early, I’ve rarely gotten the extra points awarded for purchasing specific games. A bit irritated at how that’s handled since you end up needing to miss out on the preorder bonuses to get that kickback.

Nitsua on
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Nitsua wrote: »
    It seems like they want to make sure that the Xbox specific actions and points remain on Xbox only. Makes sense in a way. They give many ways to get points outside of the Xbox app, but the ones in there really add up.

Using that, and all the other methods, I’ve not had to ever pay for Gamepass Ultimate and have purchased games straight out, or made them about 50% cheaper, even on launch day. Though because I have a tendency to preorder very early, I’ve rarely gotten the extra points awarded for purchasing specific games. A but irritated at how that’s handled since you end up needing to miss out on the preorder bonuses to get that kickback.

I still find that extremely impressive.

That aside, I guess it's pretty unsurprising that there's an emphasis on the console rewards program. I don't think either Nintendo or Sony offer a broad-scope rewards program on the PC side, but only on their consoles; Microsoft is alone in being a very large PC publisher (though Sony is getting there in this generation), and I could see a situation where console owners might bristle that the rewards program wasn't favoring them.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I wonder if we’ll get any gears of war news next week, I feel like that’s the only studio that’s been consistently delivering for MS outside of the forza guys

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I have never paid for GPU either because it's actually pretty trivial to pull in 20k+ points per month if you're in the US. Every few months I cash in my excess for xbox credit so I generally don't spend real money on non-gamepass games either. The points to $ conversion rate isn't as good but I can also grab Amazon gift balances and buy eshop credits for switch games. I haven't figured out how to convert MS points to steambucks yet though.

I just wish they would fix their god damned auto-redeem that hasn't worked for the last 2 months.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
This discussion has been closed.