• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Very funny to explain fighting game assists as if it's a new concept

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    The people clamor for more blood!

Edit: ok that's enough blood. stop now.
    Edit: gross. (from the crowd: Hell Yeah!)

I've never felt the need to get into it with anybody, but I find the whole thing kinda... Gross. Like I'm not sure why it survived past the thoughtlessly-edgy period that birthed it, it feels like it maybe should've stayed a weird little time capsule

When the spines and hearts were six pixels, that's one thing. But making underpaid FX animators watch beheading videos to best-render a high-rez death fantasy is... I dunno, man. I dunno if it's worth it.

But it's not meant for me, so, who cares, it's gonna sell a million copies anyway and I'm just some guy who's probably increasingly out of touch

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Geoff Keighly is a fucking dork

He's like if you cloned John Ross Bowie but he can only speak in press releases

Chall on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Yeah that whole thing was weird.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular

Felt very much like "We aren't dedicating time to these characters but people are going to complain if they aren't here, so let's give them a model and a few assist moves and call it a day" and then try to package it as something new and exciting.

• Options
    Man that was the most tepid amount of applause. Exo primal excites no one.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wait they're gonna let me Street Fight a dinosaur?

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Man Nicolas Cage looks weird without facial hair. I know he's done that before, but he looks weird.

Just a survivor? Lame.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Lars wrote: »

Felt very much like "We aren't dedicating time to these characters but people are going to complain if they aren't here, so let's give them a model and a few assist moves and call it a day" and then try to package it as something new and exciting.

It's a good idea for this franchise, and it likely let's them add in some fun fanservice while doing some new stuff.

The tone of this whole thing (and Geoff Keighley's whole thing in general) is that they have to pretend this is the only gaming show that's ever existed.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Nick Cage is very good at fancy PR bullshit.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Surely Nicolas Cage should be a guest fighter in MK1? He could be Johhny's estranged actor brother (Johnny would be described as the more grounded actor compared to him).

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Nicolas Cage is a fucking pro, man

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »
    Nick Cage is very good at fancy PR bullshit.

I don't believe that Nic Cage has ever played a video game, but I do believe that he's really excited for you to play as him in a video game.

• Options
    And for that appearance Nic can now buy a dinosaur.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    There should be like four different survivor characters played by Nic Cage and 1-2 killers also played by Nic Cage.
    One survivor can be actual Nic Cage.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    And for that appearance Nic can now buy a dinosaur.

He probably won't, after what happened the last time.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I thought MK1 looked cool as hell tbh
    way faster than MK 11

• Options
    Am I crazy or does the CGI in this trailer looking real bad.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    That Crossfire Sierra Wordsalad game trailer feels like it owes Michael B. Jordan royalties

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Hearing someone chipperly say "We're gonna see some fatalaties!" as a crowd cheers makes some lizard part of my brain recoil.

This is not me jumping to "School shootings are because of video games" or whatever, but it is just a Thing That Feels Weird.

in fairness playing video games absolutely does lead to school shootings, just not for the reasons jack thompson and crew thought

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    They went NSMB (2D, polygons, 4-player co-op) with Sonic.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Wait what? I don't think they have ever had actual confirmation of playing violent anything leading to real world violence.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    "soulsbornelike" god please no

• Options
    edited June 2023
    like I get why they are called that, but I hate it.

Soulsbornring.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Remnant 2 looked rad, never played the first one but I heard it's good
    New Sonic is cute but looks way too slow, just make Sonic Mania 2 please
    Lies of P is still one of the worst names for a game

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Wait what? I don't think they have ever had actual confirmation of playing violent anything leading to real world violence.

Hardcore gamer to incel CHUD pipeline

• Options
    Now I can announce my new cooking game, Pies of L

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait what's Nic Cage getting involved with? I can't watch the stream

• Options
    Akira Toriyama's art is just hideous. I can't believe anyone actually likes it.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wait what's Nic Cage getting involved with? I can't watch the stream

He's a DLC character in Dead By Deadlight as the actor Nic Cage

• Options
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »

I again don't think the games have anything to do with that. Plenty of people play them that aren't incels and chuds.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    reVerse wrote: »
    Akira Toriyama's art is just hideous. I can't believe anyone actually likes it.

Man I'm going to fuck you up for this post, in like twenty posts, after I've spent 10 posts talking about how much shit is about to go down, and then I die and come back and then THEN!!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    This trailer is like "here's this game that's a game you've seen, with a sad woman song cover."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I own dying light 2, finished it on release, I'm literally shocked they are making anything else for it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    God I hate that they recast max paynes voice, this guy doesn't sound at all correct.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yeah, weird decision to go from a New York accent to a Finnish one.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Preacher there is nothing on God's earth that requires 5 consecutive posts

• Options
    A duck! wrote: »
    Preacher there is nothing on God's earth that requires 5 consecutive posts

what about if you're building a fence

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »

I again don't think the games have anything to do with that. Plenty of people play them that aren't incels and chuds.

It's more a thing where playing videogames leads to joining online videogame communities, which are (generally speaking) fairly toxic and have at times acted as gateways to Bad Stuff. (cf. Gamergate, the modern US alt-right, QAnon...)

The difference between being a person who plays videogames and being a Gamer is surprisingly distinct.