Options

E3 is still dead. See you at Gamescom!

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Imposing a moratorium on ironically out-of-context pop songs until Hollywood can prove they can handle the responsibility
    Lars wrote: »
    I've never even played a Twisted Metal game, but I feel like if you're going to be showing off your tv show based on that...it should probably be a clip involving a car chase / battle?

There's no way the VFX are anywhere close to ready to show off

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    there were a couple really cool time-rewind based shooters recently, I love the mechanic of rewinding and replaying yourself to help yourself

• Options
    "One of the coolest video game levels I've ever seen" well yeah you're hot and spend your time outside, big whoop

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Okay. Seeing this Immortals game slower and with less jump cuts looks better overall. Getting a strange Hexen vibe. The arm thing seems inspired by Metroid Prime.

Edit: Ooh, so you play as the Avatar. Gotcha.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    who knew that you could make casting magic so boring

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Sigil up my dudes!

• Options
    SIGIL UP

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Big spotlight on a supremely boring thing nobody cares about

• Options
    I wonder if anybody at any point thought to ask, "Do the words Triod and Pentesod sound cool enough to bear weight in a trailer?"

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    why did they cut that trailer to make it completely unintelligible and do a weird fade to black thing every three seconds, and highlight someone waiting for a cooldown to pop so they could plink away at someone's health bar

• Options
    "the rumors are true"

CLOUD GETS PEGGED CONFIRMED

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    And that will be the only Rebirth trailer I watch.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Multi disc games are back baby

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    FF7R whipped, I'm already pretty sold on the next one

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    The rumors are true:

No Silksong.

Lars on
  • Options
    Goddamn am I all in on more FF7R, hell yeah

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    "the rumors are true"

CLOUD GETS PEGGED CONFIRMED

https://youtu.be/Sr57Je1fVvM

• Options
    The most surprising part of this whole thing is that Geoff didn't mention Kojima even one time.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    The most surprising part of this whole thing is that Geoff didn't mention Kojima even one time.

He did, when Nick Cage was on stage.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    June, 2047:
    Me: I'm so excited for Game Fest with Geoff Keighley Jr, can't wait to hear more about Silksong

The nursing home attendant: Okay, let's get you back to your room for nap time

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular

Kojima is probably pissed at Geoff because he didn't get to meet Nicolas Cage.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    reVerse wrote: »

Did he? I must have missed that part. Ok nevermind everything is normal.

H0b0man on
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Oh shit the next game from the Chicory and Wandersong team is fucking Pokemon Volleyball I'm all in
    and Lena Raine is doing the music again let's fucking gooooo

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    I never could finish the original FF7, came to it too late, but I've read summaries and whatnot. And even THAT was enough to give me full-body goosebumps in the last moments of that Rebirth trailer, I can only imagine the heft for folks with deeper emotional ties to that world

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

Did he? I must have missed that part. Ok nevermind everything is normal.

It has been

Days

Since Geoff invoked Kojima's name at a games conference/"award show".

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    The bit of music they used for the REBUILD trailer perked my ears up real good, going right after my favorite track from REMAKE and teasing more Keiki Kobayashi goodness to come.

https://youtu.be/0RYEE6lJ334

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    I never could finish the original FF7, came to it too late, but I've read summaries and whatnot. And even THAT was enough to give me full-body goosebumps in the last moments of that Rebirth trailer, I can only imagine the heft for folks with deeper emotional ties to that world

I won't go into too much about Remake, but holy shit at what they are doing. It's just... *chef's kiss* -- and that Rebirth teaser gave me pretty much exactly what I wanted.

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    was thinking the other day about how original ff7 was developed in a couple of years and how the remake is probably gonna stretch well over a decade

i remember running into folks a bit older than me who had the original game as like, a huge touchstone in their own history - i kinda wonder if/how that's gonna work out for the kids today with the game broken up into staggered releases

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Multi disc games are back baby

Only Nomura is crazy enough to try this.

• Options
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    was thinking the other day about how original ff7 was developed in a couple of years and how the remake is probably gonna stretch well over a decade

i remember running into folks a bit older than me who had the original game as like, a huge touchstone in their own history - i kinda wonder if/how that's gonna work out for the kids today with the game broken up into staggered releases

well, given that two of the bigger cultural touchstones in media now are the MCU and Star Wars, who have had even longer runs of staggered releases...I think it'll be okay?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    That might have been the most boring showcase I've seen in awhile. So much filler and already announced stuff.

• Options
    watching the day of the devs thing, Beastieball looks great and Viewfinder is so fucking cool

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    That might have been the most boring showcase I've seen in awhile. So much filler and already announced stuff.

But did you hear about Door Dash and their FF16 tie-in?

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Daypigeon wrote: »

well, given that two of the bigger cultural touchstones in media now are the MCU and Star Wars, who have had even longer runs of staggered releases...I think it'll be okay?
    i think 'franchises' are a little different, i'm thinking about like - does a story that comes out in three or four pieces over ten years really have the ability to stick for a generation the way the original did? That's a real long time, especially when you're younger.

I guess at this point ff7 on its own could be basically be considered a series

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    God, the Day of the Devs stuff is so much more interesting to me than anything that was presented during the live show. It's like night and day

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Oh wait, did they announce Stellaris but Star Trek?

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Oh wait, did they announce Stellaris but Star Trek?

teaser, full reveal on June 16th
    https://www.ign.com/articles/star-trek-infinite-is-a-new-grand-strategy-game-from-paradox

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2023
    they announced some sort of star trek grand strategy game but we don't know what it actually looks like yet, just a cinematic trailer letting you know It's Star Trek And There's A Few Factions

https://youtu.be/A3cM3Rsh7lQ

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It's not Stellaris unless they redesign the game entirely every three months