• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    his microphone is fucked

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    So that's two different Like A Dragon games announced this week?

they were announced together last year, this is the first we've seen of either of them since then

I guess I missed that.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Metaphor de Not Persona looks pretty fucking rad!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    So that's two different Like A Dragon games announced this week?

they were announced together last year, this is the first we've seen of either of them since then

I guess I missed that.

here's the original announcements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJhqN7R_oAg&t=3s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxkn-dcy01k

• Options
    There were way too many 2024s in this whole thing, but not a bad showing altogether.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    keanu sounds...really weird here, right? like...it sounds like there is something in his throat
    The reception to 2077 aged by him 40 years.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Path of the Goddess looks cool.

I think the art direction is neat but that trailer seemed incoherent, i have no idea what you are doing in that game

I got Pikmin vibes from it.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Path of the Goddess looks cool.

I think the art direction is neat but that trailer seemed incoherent, i have no idea what you are doing in that game
    Isn't that every JRPG trailer though?

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    "See that moon? You can go there."

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    That was shorter and had less gameplay than I was expecting. It was an excellent first half, but the second half never came. :(

• Options
    edited June 2023
    So far Starfield just seems like Mass Effect meets No Man's Sky. Or maybe just No Man's Sky, since there doesn't seem to be any space magic.**

edit; An ancient space artifact gave you a vision.
    edit2; ** Nevermind, there is space magic.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    "NASApunk"

Get the fuck outta here.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    This looks cool, and also with all the moving parts I'm terrified it will crash constantly.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    at least it's "nasapunk" and not "spacexpunk"

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Government institutions are pretty punk.

• Options
    Starfield just looks incredibly mediocre. I can definitely believe they started working on this twenty years ago, and haven't updated their designs since.

• Options
    I appreciate the adoring fan from Oblivion is back. That's really dumb, I like it.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I'm not a big Bethesda fan, so I'm actually a little surprised that I think Starfield looks alright.

But I really hate the way the camera focuses on people in conversations.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Oh hell yeah build in a whole X-Wing combat engine in too

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    ok so this looks fine but i had two laugh out loud moments so far, ok three

1. "See that moon, you can go there"
    2. "you can play however you want!" Queue up three devs talking about their playstyles: "I like to sneak. I like to talk my way through problems. I like to blow stuff up". Ah yes, never have seen such varied playstyles before
    3. "These friendships could even blossom.....into romances. Jump cut to a cowboyesque npc talking to the female pc "I don 't think i've ever been able to love anything......or any...one...except you"

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I kind of do like the psycho woman it keeps jumping to on the dev team who is like i steal everything i take everyone's sandwiches i want to murder everyone. It's good to have goals I think

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    "Even if you go to the same planet as someone else, you'll have different stories to tell."

*character enters an abandoned robotics laboratory*
    *fights the exact same space pirates as in all the other combat footage*

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    I dunno, this looks really cool to me.

• Options
    I kind of do like the psycho woman it keeps jumping to on the dev team who is like i steal everything i take everyone's sandwiches i want to murder everyone. It's good to have goals I think

I said this in the other thread but she's a gremlin, I love her. She and Mr mustachio are both fantastic.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It is extremely cringe to make up new genres to describe your thing.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Citizen Sleeper was a great cyberpunk game about a quasi-android trying to build a new life on a decaying space station. And it wasn't afraid to get weird from time to time.

So... yeah, I'm looking forward to the sequel.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Starfield looks like a video game ass video game and I think that's fine

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    After watching all the Starfield stuff I still think it was a mistake to have 1000 planets or whatever.

They basically said "some planets have content and some are barren with just resources" which I mean ya most planets in space are barren, but it's a video game. Give me a dozen bespoke planets and cut out all the filler.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    The 1000 planets seems to be just marketing fluff. They said the game generates the planet when you approach and adds hand-crafted locations to them. So I imagine they are relying on the fact that most people are only going to visit a couple of dozen in a single playthrough.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The procedural generation stuff means they could have an infinite amount if they felt like it

• Options
    Some of the planets have theme parks on them and some of the planets have resources you need to collect for the theme parks.

• Options
    I think that if there's no planet or city that is a spooky haunted house or Transylvania world, they've really missed a step.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I think that if there's no planet or city that is a spooky haunted house or Transylvania world, they've really missed a step.

With mods, give it a week.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    A million sex planet mods

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I do think the combat looks a lot better than the last trailer I saw and all the guns in Fallout.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    My expectations for Starfield are nowhere near what they're selling me.

But I'm gonna build spaceships and have fun with it.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    This was a frustrating showing for me. Lots of nice looking fine indie games. Cool. But all the stuff that was shown like fable and such was basically “yep still exists, long way off”. Avowed looked ok but a bit lower budget than I was expecting.

I’m frustrated we didn’t see anything from ID software (aside from the Hexen shirt) or Gears. No heavy hitter new announcements. Also I have zero interest in persona or atlus stuff so like 3 games from them felt like a personal attack

Basically feels like I don’t really have anything coming out of that that I didn’t know going in. No perfect dark is also a bummer